• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Edge said:
"If you thought From Software was going soft, Hidetaka Miyazaki is about to put you brutally back in your place. And if you've been watching this generation from the sidelines, unmoved by the remasters and rush jobs while you wait for the first true essential to arrive, now's the time. As if there was ever any doubt, Miyazaki and his team have done it all over again."

Omg BB DGAF... it's coming.

HigXx

So now I have 2 32s and a 31 until Crota decides to drop me some boots

Just got Atheon x3 left to run if anyone elae is doing it

Untrue. I got mine with no Glohoo on that character. I think it's RNG with a set probability of 0.00% on your first Heroic Crota kill per character.

I read something about the Glohoo being important to "mark" your character in hard mode on your first kill then it unlocked the Crux to drop for the next hm crota kill

blazeuk

First NF of the week netted me Hard Light (and horrible energy loot for everyone else), if I had bothered buying Plan C from Xur I'd be the Crux away from a complete exotic weapons set. I've not done HM Crota for the last 2 weeks so I'll probably try and get that done x3 this week and hopefully the Crux will drop.

Gordon

Man, I really want a primaries/nades only PvP mode, and I kinda want it to let me use one of those quartermaster bots to do it. That would be sweet. Droid slayer.

Edit: OMG and if you equip an exotic it applies the exotic's shader to your bot that would be awesome. Wooden NLB bots running around everywhere lol would be hilarious

Shito

Shito, you have been around here for quite some time and you have never raided with us?

images
Haha, yeah, at one point I will have to.
But I fear Bloodborne will put a dent into that plan... Or maybe it'll help me want to play with you guys if we get a D-GAF password running to all play together on Bloodborne? :D

Ok but the probability of getting two exotics from Gorgons chest in one week by doing both normal and hard is very very very small in any case.

Let's say you have a 5% chance to get an exotic on normal.
And another 5% chance to get another exotic on hard after doing normal.
Then your chance of getting an exotic on both normal and hard is 5% x 5% = 0.25% which is almost nothing.

If it's a 20% chance on both normal and hard (which it certainly isn't that high),
then you have a 20% x 20% = 4% chance of getting two exotics also very small.

I have seen people get two exotics from the chest by doing normal and hard, although may not be with same toon. I have however, never seen anyone get two at the same time by doing hard chest first. I think there's a 0% chance of 2 exotics dropping from any activity in the game, Vex and Crux being the exception.

I have been wondering something lately. I joined Destiny a little late but still managed to get my 3 characters to 31-30-30. I focused mostly on doing all there is to do to level up using vanguard gear, weeklies nightfalls but very few raids. Now that I have them high level I'm focusing on raids to get the cool stuff along with nightfalls/weeklies and such.

While I was leveling up I would listen to some of my friends who were playing the game for a while before me crying constantly about the hurdles of leveling up to lvl 32. That it was unfair that exotics had to be leveled up again and such and this and that, "OMG new people can even get to lvl 31 now with just vanguard!" type thing. But arriving at level 30 now with my characters it seems to me like if you were 30 before....all you had to do was just do raids, get the new gear and level that up? I'm I...wrong in this?

I understand the whole exotics issue, but it seems to me that if you were 30 before and want to hit 32 it would not have been some grueling uphill battle riddled with unfairness. I know if an exotic is awesome at lvl 30 it shouldn't suck at 32, and being that there wasn't a plethora of new ones well it's understandable. In any MMO, RPG and almost anywhere else.... our awesome weapons sucking when a new expansion comes is normal thou. What I'm getting at is that the whole issue with those too are due to the uniqueness of the situation, not what's normal. And it shouldn't be. I don't want to be lvl 40 one day and still be thinking about icebreakers and such when theyre should be bigger and better weapons by then of course.

Can someone explain to me what was the issue?

Issue was things becoming obsolete after only 3 months and Bungie not really adding better weapons with the expansion. I personally would have liked new perks on post dlc weapons instead of the same tired perks we see on "uncommon" weapons.

There was also the issue with introducing exotic shards and two days later telling us we would have to relevel our exotics. some people had already used up several shards since we did not know that we would have to re level everything less than 2 weeks later. For me personally, I had an issue with this because I had dismantled 7 exotic doubles two days before they introduced exotic shards. If I had known, I would have waited to dismantle and gotten 1-2 shards per weapon.

The issue with vendor armor alowing people to get to level 31 bothered people because some of us spent months grinding VOG so that we could get to level 30 and all of a sudden you could just buy better armor. It was a slap in the face of the most dedicated players. As if it wasn't bad enough that reaching the level cap depended on a broken RNG system. CE seems to have a better system in place

Deku Tree

I have seen people get two exotics from the chest by doing normal and hard, although may not be with same toon. I have however, never seen anyone get two at the same time by doing hard chest first. I think there's a 0% chance of 2 exotics dropping from any activity in the game, Vex and Crux being the exception.

That's probably true. There is probably some programming rule that prevents you from getting two exotics at once from the HM Gorgons chest.

Can you give some tips for VIP kills?

How do people not have this already? I guess I always did my patrol bounties and I NEVER skip a VIP patrol mission since it's an easy 25/31 reputations. I'm glad I never had to farm these as they're not that common and it would suck to have to keep loading I to a planet to find the, I would go to earth and just look for them. They're common at the steppes where you spawn in and at the divide. I also see them on Mars from time to time but I think they're most common at the cosmodrome

Man, I really want a primaries/nades only PvP mode, and I kinda want it to let me use one of those quartermaster bots to do it. That would be sweet. Droid slayer.

Edit: OMG and if you equip an exotic it applies the exotic's shader to your bot that would be awesome. Wooden NLB bots running around everywhere lol would be hilarious

I would also love a primary/nades only mode

How do people not have this already? I guess I always did my patrol bounties and I NEVER skip a VIP patrol mission since it's an easy 25/31 reputations. I'm glad I never had to farm these as they're not that common and it would suck to have to keep loading I to a planet to find the, I would go to earth and just look for them. They're common at the steppes where you spawn in and at the divide. I also see them on Mars from time to time but I think they're most common at the cosmodrome

Probably because with purchasable planetary materials, there is little reason to go out into patrols nowadays.

Homeboyd

It's so nice not giving 2 shits what Xur sells anymore. Keep selling your shit no land beyonds xur! Don't give a fuuuuuck.

Thunderlord SON!!!

border

IThe issue with vendor armor alowing people to get to level 31 bothered people because some of us spent months grinding VOG so that we could get to level 30 and all of a sudden you could just buy better armor. It was a slap in the face of the most dedicated players. As if it wasn't bad enough that reaching the level cap depended on a broken RNG system. CE seems to have a better system in place

To this day I still don't get the complaing about The Dark Below vendor armor. Who cares? It's better stuff. You spent a month or two wearing the same boring gear and now you want to wear it longer into the expansion? Why?

If the Vanguard vendor started selling Lvl33/34 armor today I would buy it, have it levelled by Friday, and then go stick a rocket up Hard Mode Crota's ass. I wouldn't be all sad that I had to get rid of my old raid gear. None of this stuff is meant to be permanent....it's all cyclical.

Defyler

Praise rngesus.

Vex mythoclast on my second ever HM atheon kill. Never bothered doing vog much given outside fate bringer the gear seemed to be left behind damage wise.

I think I far prefer the unique raid weapons in VoG to Crotas end.

Have you been through a CE normal raid yet? If not, you should get into a group for it. You'd be a little underleveled but we'd carry you. You'd mow past 30 if you got a couple armor drops.

Yea, some nice dudes from here have helped me through it. The raid chest I have is CE. Also got Light of the Abyss.

I figured out I can actually get to 30 this week with the Blue Helmet before I get the Jackknife next week lol.

Still no exotic weapon drops from anywhere, CE, VoG, Roc, Crucible, or otherwise. Drooling over the Hawkmoon is getting old . . .

M3Rocket

Are you transferring both normal and hard gorgon checkpoints to next Tuesday? I have normal deathsinger and hard crota saved and ready to go

Prob hard gorgon. Frankly its too much work, for myself, saving normal gorgon for a very small chance of getting an exotic. Unknown mostly saves the normal gorgon and thats where I got the normal gorgon from.

Maybe we can join up on saving these CPs (checkpoints) going forward? I usually am on with friends preserving Gorgons Hard, GK Norm for glimmer, and Crota Hard. But in the last 3 weeks, we haven't gotten enough people on to save them all. It's gotten worse now that Daylight Savings Time has taken effect here in the US and lack of new content.

For every x CP, we need x+1 Guardians. I can bring at least myself and 1 other usually. We just have to decide which CP's are worth preserving and get in chat 5-10 minutes before reset.

I suggest Gorgons Hard, Deathsinger Normal, Crota Hard, GK Norm in order of priority. What do you guys think?

Praise rngesus.

Vex mythoclast on my second ever HM atheon kill. Never bothered doing vog much given outside fate bringer the gear seemed to be left behind damage wise.

I think I far prefer the unique raid weapons in VoG to Crotas end.

That is a common sentiment. Bungie outdid themselves making monster weapons and OP perks on so many VoG weapons. I don't think they really understood how over the top they were until well after release. Crota weapons feel intenitonally neutered. Outside of Black Hammer, (which is god tier), everything is decent to garbage.

Fresh CE normal run. Starting promptly at 5:15pm CT (about 2 hours from meow). Need to go fast because I have this whole real-life dinner thing to deal with. I need my two shots at the horn before I go stuff my face full of sushi and sake...

1) GKW212
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Maybe we can join up on saving these CPs (checkpoints) going forward? I usually am on with friends preserving Gorgons Hard, GK Norm for glimmer, and Crota Hard. But in the last 3 weeks, we haven't gotten enough people on to save them all. It's gotten worse now that Daylight Savings Time has taken effect here in the US and lack of new content.

For every x CP, we need x+1 Guardians. I can bring at least myself and 1 other usually. We just have to decide which CP's are worth preserving and get in chat 5-10 minutes before reset.

I suggest Gorgons Hard, Deathsinger Normal, Crota Hard, GK Norm in order of priority. What do you guys think?

Yeah thats fine with me. Normally theres a few people on, such as Drizzay, Unknown, firehawk, that loads up a checkpoint or goes around afterwards collecting the checkpoints. The later 2 doesnt post as much prob doesnt want to be forever lost in the dark corners of the loading screens.

phen0m24

To this day I still don't get the complaing about The Dark Below vendor armor. Who cares? It's better stuff. You spent a month or two wearing the same boring gear and now you want to wear it longer into the expansion? Why?
....it's all cyclical.

Because days prior, literally DAYS prior, not months, not even weeks - people were SCRATCHING and CLAWING to JUST hit 30. If you've played the game for a long time you know about the #Forever29 memes going around and how frustrated people would get trying to get that one last piece of raid gear. For many it was the helmet in HM, but for others it was stuff from normal that JUST WOULDN'T DROP.

I think I FINALLY got my helmet and was so ecstatic to finally get it. Beat hard mode Atheon at 29. Got that helmet. YEAHHHH!!!

Then walk into the tower, and the stuff you just got three breaths ago was obsoleted by crappy vendor gear. "Oh wait, you just beat the hardest content in the game? Yeah, that stuff is crap. All you need to buy this is a commendation and marks. Forget the raid." It cheapened the raid gear that was so hard to obtain, and it left a bitter taste in the mouth of many. And immediately thereafter there was the "Oh, you leveled that (insert exotic here) to 300? Guess what? I hope you liked that, because now you get to.... DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!"

:( Those #Forever29 days were sad days

Because days prior, literally DAYS prior, not months, not even weeks - people were SCRATCHING and CLAWING to JUST hit 30. If you've played the game for a long time you know about the #Forever29 memes going around and how frustrated people would get trying to get that one last piece of raid gear. For many it was the helmet in HM, but for others it was stuff from normal that JUST WOULDN'T DROP.

I think I FINALLY got my helmet and was so ecstatic to finally get it. Beat hard mode Atheon at 29. Got that helmet. YEAHHHH!!!

Then walk into the tower, and the stuff you just got three breaths ago was obsoleted by crappy vendor gear. "Oh wait, you just beat the hardest content in the game? Yeah, that stuff is crap. All you need to buy this is a commendation and marks. Forget the raid." It cheapened the raid gear that was so hard to obtain, and it left a bitter taste in the mouth of many. And immediately thereafter there was the "Oh, you leveled that (insert exotic here) to 300? Guess what? I hope you liked that, because now you get to.... DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!

:( Those #Forever29 days were sad days
I was lucky enough to get a helmet from cheesing hard Atheon right before the patch but I had to grind my ass off in iron banner just to get boots and gloves. I only had one character at that point, and I probably finished The normal raid six or seven times without boots or gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom