• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Accelerated Coils (which yours doesn't have sadly), the charge rates are identical. I actually just checked this myself

It's very close even without it though, and Send It is a beastly choice anyway. It'll chew through this weekly.

True, Send It gives it near 50% boost in range. Should come in handy when lightswitch is active.

DestinyDB lists The Calming with a charge rate of 91 vs LotA's 100. I'm not sure how noticeable 9% is, especially since fusion users tend to feather the trigger anyway. Probably totally worth keeping for void burns, but for VoG, my suggestion would be Swordbreaker (or any void shotgun).

Yup, I actually use void Secret Handshake but its good to change things up a bit when you're bored.

phen0m24

I choked!

I choked at Crota for the flawless raider. The first sword I got up there and swung to long. I could see him begin to stand up and I was mid animation. I knew I wasn't going to be able to blink strike in time.

I failed you, my friends.

Well, at least we got the clan raid trophy

Go do a nexus and you'll have the strike one too
Get em next time

LTWood12

i need one of your husks please. Now that I have a Crux I can pointlessly pursue that thing and put the capstone on my 100% complete exotics collection... will feel damn good.

When Todd, Fig, Rodiard, and a few others staged that intervention, they made me dismantle all the husks I had collected. Told me to stop calling myself Darth Husk. :(

Darth Husk shall live on!

I'll take one too. Crux continues to just sit in my inventory, all the while I kill about 5 or 6 of those Sword minions a day and never get it to drop. I guess I could farm for it, but now I kind of want to see how long my streak of no husk can continue.

blazeuk

I choked!

I choked at Crota for the flawless raider. The first sword I got up there and swung to long. I could see him begin to stand up and I was mid animation. I knew I wasn't going to be able to blink strike in time.

It's further than I've ever got with attempting it (mainly with LFG groups), it gave me hope that I'll actually manage to get it done at some point. If you try again tomorrow I'll be up for that.

M3Rocket

Are you on Xbone or PS4? I'm on Xbone and it's hard to find people on here sometimes... on LFG, I can almost tell, just from the post, if they're going to accept or not.

It's kind of a hassle to send the invite, look up the user, etc, but running VoG for an hour or two, cracking some jokes, not taking things too seriously and hearing some people lose their mind (about a piece of gear in a fantasy world video game) is a blast (for the most part).

To me, VoG is more of a communal experience... you can't really rush through the entire thing like CE. I think VoG is more of a 'raid' and CE almost seems like a ROC strike with more spawns/tougher enemies.

PS4. I still think XBL > PSN, but MS really screwed the pooch with the XBONE versus PS4. I switched this gen after being on board with Xbox/Halo and 360 over PS2/PS3. And yeah--XBOne is much harder to find on DGAF, but check with E92 M3 as he's on XBOne and frequents this thread.

BTW, E92 if you're reading, my daily driver is a Interlagos Blue E92 M3. Used to have a Topaz Blue E46 M3.

GhaleonEB

Nat (my daughter) is hoping to run normal CE - she wasn't able to get in on a group last week and shards are all that are keeping her from 32. Any groups getting going?

You take that back! Necrochasm isn't a horrible weapon! It's an insult to every horrible weapon out there! Necrochasm is several tiers below horrible.

*stares at his two Necrochasms*

I love you girls, but it is the truth.

would you rather change our NLB run to a nechro run?

M3Rocket

Think I just found one from NF that has almost the same recharge rate as LotA.

I don't use FRs but decided to keep this for void weekly and VoG since I don't have a void FR.

I would love to get a current Void FR drop. I'm still using a 300 Void Final Rest II that was one of my first Legendary weapon drops months ago. Void Secondary Weapons are rare compared to the wealth of solar or arc.

noomi

Of course when I get my second Hawkmoon, it has to be in front Noomi. I feel legitimately bad about that.? Also, is really good sound.

Don't feel bad, I've accepted it, this is the way. I finally understand it.

I will not have the Hawkmoon, ever. I am fully convinced that this game is rigged to never allow me to wield it. When they announced the PS4 exclusives along with the Hawkmoon, that's when I knew I wanted it, before the game even released folks... it must have been at this point that Bungie glitched my profile to never have it because they knew... they knew I would keep chasing the carrot on the fucking stick.

Why even have PS exclusives if I can't access them? "Hey! exclusive content only on PS! You have to win an impossible lottery first though!"

Hey guys, the now very few of you that still want the Hawkmoon, come join me in anything... roc strikes, nightfalls, raids, I guarantee that it will drop for you and not me. Been that way for months ;)

Every.fucking.week. I swear

/endrant

OK I feel a little better now :)

I just started playing. At what point is the expansion worth looking at?

You can do the quest at lv 26 just right when you finish the main "campaign" and it worth a ligh 33 gloves.

I choked!

We did it pretty fine, I was surprised we passed Deathsinger without casualties

Deku Tree

All I need is the Crux to complete my exotic weapon collection but I am tired of HM Crota and the NechroTrash is garbage. I don't do any low level grinding anymore so I don't need a trash mob vanity weapon.

cilonen

I just started playing. At what point is the expansion worth looking at?

Honestly? See how you feel when you hit 20.

If you're not into the shooting then call it a day. If you like the gameplay but feel that the story was lacking then dive in a little to the light system and gear progression (Hawkian's guides in the OP are a must read). If you get hooked and want to gear chase and raid, then grab the expansion for the new raid and higher tier gear.

ERMint13

All I need is the Crux to complete my exotic weapon collection but I am tired of HM Crota and the NechroTrash is garbage. I don't do any low level grinding anymore so I don't need a trash mob vanity weapon.

I'm in the same boat currently. Got the 4th Horseman to drop yesterday so now it's only Crux. I've completed HM at least 2 times a week since it came out...still nothing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ack, Palom et al, just a heads up I may not be able to raid tonight. Not sure yet, but there's a good chance I can't.

in saying this I just realized I'm pretty sure this is the first wednesday night raid I'd have missed since we started a few weeks after launch.... crazy

123rl

I just did the Nightfall with some friends. One of them and I got legendary Scout Rifles and the other friend got Patience And Time...sigh

Thanks for the run Nami & Co, but how the hell I only got Loot from the Bridge and not from Deathsinger/Crota?

Do I have to start fresh every raid to get loot after each CP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom