• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

So I just realized that if Destiny really is scheduled to have a sequel every two years, we should get a D2 reveal at E3. Latest I think they could reveal it is The Game Awards or Playstation Experience in December. When do you think they'll unveil it?

So I just realized that if Destiny really is scheduled to have a sequel every two years, we should get a D2 reveal at E3. Latest I think they could reveal it is The Game Awards or Playstation Experience in December. When do you think they'll unveil it?

If there is a major expansion between the sequels, it will go on a traditional Annual game refresh media cycle.

E3 at the latest for Comet in late 2015.
Destiny 2 won't be revealed until after the release of Comet.

Rehsa

Flawless complete! Thanks to Drizz and the rest of the crew!

Now I just need to get 100 marks in Crucible and 20 captures in Salvage, and I will become Legend.

Red Death was close, but at least I got the AR and Crux. Thanks for the run guys and gal and congrats GergR123 on the Red Death!

How do you guys (Drizzay, Kadey, & Lima) keep doing Crota? I don't even remember the last time I did that encounter. I Can't stand it

I don't know how Drizzay does it, but God bless him. This whole game has become a social club. Outside of a few lag free PvP matches I'm just shootin' the shit.

We took out Crota with four. Felt more fun than a full team.

One last run, join in.

6 is usually just more people that can die, haha. 3 is sort of the critical nucleus to make it "feel" the same: 1 sword, 1 boomer duty, 1 shield break. More people just gives more room for error/fewer "requirements." With 3, ideally you'd want a Titan for Boomers and a GHorn for shield break (2 Horns + primary will get him down, or Boomer guy can easily throw some damage).

If I'm 31, can I run hard CE and contribute?

This is exactly why I post that level damage scaling PSA, I hate for people to feel excluded for silly reasons. I want DGAF to be the anti-LFG "GHorn required" BS.

And as others already said, you can totally do HM CE as a Lv31, you just can't run the sword.

How do you guys (Drizzay, Kadey, & Lima) keep doing Crota? I don't even remember the last time I did that encounter. I Can't stand it

I hate the encounter as much or more than anyone, haha. But I run sword for the same main reason I've played this game so much: the community. It's fun to help the good people I've met through the game and it's gotten a lot less painful by now since most people are familiar with the strat.

Did ~6-7 HM Scrota kills today with at least 3 #teamfirsttries, and the rest were either 2nd or 3rd tries. Disappearing sword here, slight scrubbery there (I even managed to get stuck on the lamp post after the first sword on our last kill tonight, lol). The 2nd sword can disappear and still get the kill, like one of the runs tonight. The encounter itself is still an abject failure of course, imo. :p

For new page.

Flawless run.

1) Myself
2) Kinezo
3) PrivateWHudson
4) LiffeyNinja
5) RetroMG
6) DrDrizzay101

Edit: Start time, 11pm est.

Just wanted to circle back around and thank all of you for a smooth, stress free, flawless raid! My hands didn't even get that sweaty.

Especially babyghost for putting it together (even if he did get a ghorn on the practice run), and drizzay for guiding us and pointing out some common pitfalls.

^Thanks to you Hudson, great job!

I don't know how Drizzay does it, but God bless him. This whole game has become a social club. Outside of a few lag free PvP matches I'm just shootin' the shit.

haha thanks Phaethon. Jw and Silky were hanging out now, if you wanted to do some PvP or w/e.

Need 1 more for crota HM kill.

Not sure if you have either of my buddies on your list but one of them could hop in. I'm afk with RL stuff right now but I'll be back soon and could help as well. You could hop in my party chat and ask them if you need someone. They aren't Gaf-pros, haha, but can get the job done.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That was one interesting last run. Tis was fun.

Every character got the fang. Counting the six or seven I already dismantled, I must be near getting 20 of them.

Rogue reminds me of Grave.

Now that I got Crux and a few Fang's, don't know that I will ever need to run Hard Crota again. Word of Crota would be nice, but whatever. Everything I want can be gotten from Normal Mode now. Will save a lot of time just doing 3x DS + Crota, after I get one last piece of Raid gear anyhow.

Black Hammer, I won't give up on you.

KyleP29

Think im going to call it a week early. 3 nightfalls 7 raid runs and nothing but shards, energies, ships, and coins to show for it.

atleast i have the shards to get my warlock to 32. just need the gear drops for the hunter to go all 32s

forrest

formerly nacire
That was one interesting last run. Tis was fun.

Every character got the fang. Counting the six or seven I already dismantled, I must be near getting 20 of them.

Rogue reminds me of Grave.

Not sure interesting would be my choice of words. Still no Hunger, still no Crux and the swordbearer is still a huge asshole sometimes. Overall pretty painless kills though and I'm glad we got them done.

Also, I loved that we 4 manned it in 2 attempts and then couldn't six man it for over an hour. Encounter design needs some help.

coy

Not sure interesting would be my choice of words. Still no Hunger, still no Crux and the swordbearer is still a huge asshole sometimes. Overall pretty painless kills though and I'm glad we got them done.
I was entertained all night aside from the Swordbearer doing dumb things. The Crux finally dropped on that 2nd run. I also got another sparrow which, as you'd imagine, I was happier to receive.

Participated in my first HM Crota kill! Thanks to iRAWRasaurus for the invite. I got the helm so now I can be a real 32 - no infusion though so the search continues :)

Everytime I join scrota-gaf I can't feel anything but pride for those who stand my clumsiness and that hero who holds the Sword and smashes Crota down to pieces.

If there is a major expansion between the sequels, it will go on a traditional Annual game refresh media cycle.

E3 at the latest for Comet in late 2015.
Destiny 2 won't be revealed until after the release of Comet.

"if" being the big word here. Publicly they have not said anything about expansions after House of Wolves.

They might pull a Saints Row 4 and just integrate the planned expansions into the next game instead.

Most intense game ever!
qW4YEFx.jpg

Everyone was invisible. Game didn't end until the entire enemy team left. Special ammo wouldn't spawn, and heavy ammo would get announced but wouldn't spawn either.

Hit 30 today, and I'm still wearing a Blue Helmet lol. Can't wait for next week when I'll have enough marks for my Jackknife helm. Then just grind a bit for shards/resources, and I'll be at 31, at which point I can actually start pulling my weight on VoG HM and CE HM. Wow are Roc strikes easy now. Getting paired up with 31s and 32s and rolling through strikes that used to take at least twice as long. Game is feeling really fun now. Was a long grind to 20 and a longer grind to 30, but the rest of the way will be smooth and filled with sweet, sweet exotics . . .

It's okay firehawk-kun, crux-Senpai will notice you soon. Keep working hard.

Crux-Senpai knows if he gets it he will stop playing. He won't get it until HoW is out

Two Gjallarhorns this week, still no Crux. This game is just trolling me now.

As if it wasn't trolling you before?

I hate the encounter as much or more than anyone, haha. But I run sword for the same main reason I've played this game so much: the community. It's fun to help the good people I've met through the game and it's gotten a lot less painful by now since most people are familiar with the strat.

Did ~6-7 HM Scrota kills today with at least 3 #teamfirsttries, and the rest were either 2nd or 3rd tries. Disappearing sword here, slight scrubbery there (I even managed to get stuck on the lamp post after the first sword on our last kill tonight, lol). The 2nd sword can disappear and still get the kill, like one of the runs tonight. The encounter itself is still an abject failure of course, imo. :p

I know why you guys do it but I just can't bring myself to do it anymore. As much as I love playing with the friends I've made.

Hit 30 today, and I'm still wearing a Blue Helmet lol. Can't wait for next week when I'll have enough marks for my Jackknife helm. Then just grind a bit for shards/resources, and I'll be at 31, at which point I can actually start pulling my weight on VoG HM and CE HM. Wow are Roc strikes easy now. Getting paired up with 31s and 32s and rolling through strikes that used to take at least twice as long. Game is feeling really fun now. Was a long grind to 20 and a longer grind to 30, but the rest of the way will be smooth and filled with sweet, sweet exotics . . .

Nice, 30 is fine for hard VoG. Being 31 or higher isn't much of an advantage in hard VoG.

Before spending the marks on a helm. Try your hand at a raid and maybe get lucky with a helm. Or better yet, a Helm from Xur and spend only 75 on whatever else you need.

Typically, Guardians at 31+ have decent gear and know the strikes well to do them quickly. It doesn't always happen, but if you get a solid team, you can steamroll them in no time.

Can anyone recall what Xur is selling tomorrow?

Alpha Lupi (Hunter)
No Backup Plans (Titan)
Light Beyond Nemesis (Warlock)
Universal Remote
Gauntlet Engram.
Heavy ammo

Though there is some confusion that Ruin Wings will replace NBP, Obsidian Mind will replace LBN and Mida Mutli-tool will replace UR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom