• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikkarus

Alpha Lupi (Hunter)
No Backup Plans (Titan)
Light Beyond Nemesis (Warlock)
Universal Remote
Gauntlet Engram.
Heavy ammo

Though there is some confusion that Ruin Wings will replace NBP, Obsidian Mind will replace LBN and Mida Mutli-tool will replace UR.
Perfect thanks!

ocean

Banned
Hit 30 today, and I'm still wearing a Blue Helmet lol. Can't wait for next week when I'll have enough marks for my Jackknife helm. Then just grind a bit for shards/resources, and I'll be at 31, at which point I can actually start pulling my weight on VoG HM and CE HM. Wow are Roc strikes easy now. Getting paired up with 31s and 32s and rolling through strikes that used to take at least twice as long. Game is feeling really fun now. Was a long grind to 20 and a longer grind to 30, but the rest of the way will be smooth and filled with sweet, sweet exotics . . .
Congrats!

I wouldn't suggest you spend Marks on a vendor Helm at this point. At level 30, you are strong enough to tackle most of the game's content. Make sure to run the Weekly Heroic Strike at Level 30 for 9 Strange Coins every week, as well as the Nightfall for a roll at Exotic gear or upgrade materials.

You can also run Heroic Vault of Glass. It's fun, has 2 potential Exotic drops (Gorgon chest and Atheon) and a chance at getting Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence, top-tier elemental primaries. Sadly VoG armor is useless.

At level 30 you can also run Crota's End on Normal. This can net you Raid armor with a higher Light stat than your current gear. It'll be enough to take you to 31 as you slowly get it and upgrade it.

TLDR: not worth it to buy a vendor helmet. Wait to get an Exotic helm from Xur or a NF drop or the Crota's End helm. Stay at level 30 and run everything except Heroic CE.

Alpha Lupi (Hunter)
No Backup Plans (Titan)
Light Beyond Nemesis (Warlock)
Universal Remote
Gauntlet Engram.
Heavy ammo

Though there is some confusion that Ruin Wings will replace NBP, Obsidian Mind will replace LBN and Mida Mutli-tool will replace UR.

Ruin Wings would be perfect considering NBP was just sold 2 weeks ago. I still need them and are my most desired TItan Exotic. Don't want to have to dump Motes into the engram if I don't have too.

Weird and arbitrary. There is no cost difference in Exotics from Xur, why marks for Legendaries?

Lengthen the grind, what else.

Pre-expansion, the chest, boots and gloves used to be 65 marks each. Which meant, you could get 3 armor pieces from vanguard in 2 weeks. They upped it to 75 each so that it takes longer to level up.

edit: why am i double posting
WHY is thread so slow today :(

HigXx

I actually dont know what to do since I have to wait til Tuesday in the hope Crota will drop some boots

Is anybody still needing clan trophies like me? I really want to get them out the way and then only have Flawless Raider left

Shito

Nah, megaman was pretty clear that this list was separate items that will show up on later Xur days.
Heck, he listed Dragon's Breath as well along with MIDA, yet people found a way to believe it was this week's list. :)

ocean

Banned
No idea why vendor helmets cost 120 marks while everything else costs 75.

I'd rather buy 240 destination mats than a helmet from vendor with those marks.
They are also the rarest Raid armor piece, being Heroic-exclusive in VoG and just uncommon in CE. It's arbitrary but I guess it doesn't really bother me.

Once HoW launches you'll need 200V+200C Marks to fully upgrade each character on day 1. 150 Marks on Boots/Gauntlets on one vendor and 195 on Helm/Chest with the other (other combinations whatever all the same :p)

More annoying than Marks IMO is needing 80 planetary mats per armor piece. That means across 12 new armor pieces (4 per character x3) you'll need 960 planetary materials for the full upgrade. There's no way of knowing beforehand what mat each armor will consume, and stocking 1k of each would be downright insane :p

Nah, megaman was pretty clear that this list was separate items that will show up on later Xur days.
Heck, he listed Dragon's Breath as well along with MIDA, yet people found a way to believe it was this week's list. :)

In that case, I hope bungie step in and change the inventory :p

Nobody cares about alpha lupi and no backup plans.

Shito

I thought Xur was selling MIDA tomorrow.
He probably is, unless Bungie steps in and replace it with NLB. :D

In that case, I hope bungie step in and change the inventory :p

Nobody cares about alpha lupi and no backup plans.
Yeah, I sure hope so as well. ^^
Just checked on reddit: the original post with the confusing list has been edited as "NOT THIS WEEK", and in another discussion megaman linked to the original first leak commenting "this week's Xur".
So, yeah, crappy Xur this week. Just have to wait and see if they will manually replace UR or not.
My bet's on "not". ^^

ocean

Banned
Lengthen the grind, what else.

Pre-expansion, the chest, boots and gloves used to be 65 marks each. Which meant, you could get 3 armor pieces from vanguard in 2 weeks. They upped it to 75 each so that it takes longer to level up.

edit: why am i double posting
WHY is thread so slow today :(
They didn't want people gearing up on day 1. Not that it was impossible, but it requires maxing Vanguard and Crucible marks. At the Vanilla vendor prices, the 200 Mark cap would have let you buy Gauntlets, Chest and Boots in one go (195 Marks). They wanted it to take you until next reset I guess.

Shame they felt the need to incorporate Commendations for that too. I mean adding a new gating currency which only makes sense for literally a week is silly. Now we all have over a dozen Commensations just sitting there doing nothing :p

nOoblet16

Need one full HM Scrota and one HM Abyss+ Bridge and I am done for the week.

I've made things so confusing for me this week by doing parts of raids with different characters on different difficulty that even the stat at Bungie.net is confusing me.

They are also the rarest Raid armor piece, being Heroic-exclusive in VoG and just uncommon in CE. It's arbitrary but I guess it doesn't really bother me.

Once HoW launches you'll need 200V+200C Marks to fully upgrade each character on day 1. 150 Marks on Boots/Gauntlets on one vendor and 195 on Helm/Chest with the other (other combinations whatever all the same :p)

More annoying than Marks IMO is needing 80 planetary mats per armor piece. That means across 12 new armor pieces (4 per character x3) you'll need 960 planetary materials for the full upgrade. There's no way of knowing beforehand what mat each armor will consume, and stocking 1k of each would be downright insane :p

It's a tall order, few will have it, but whatever. I don't mind if it takes a few weeks to get there. I will just be stockpiling as much as I can between now and then.

HigXx

Need one full HM Scrota and one HM Abyss+ Bridge and I am done for the week.

I've made things so confusing for me this week by doing parts of raids with different characters on different difficulty that even the stats at Bungie.net is confusing me.

Yeah I need one Hm Abyss and Bridge and x2 Hm Crota

also needing x3 Atheon

Bradach

What's a good strategy for the end of the lamps part of CE? The part with the ogres, knights and thralls. Our (relatively newbie) group kept getting wiped there last night.

Anytime I've done it before I've just been tagging along and doing what I was told!

M3Rocket

Not sure interesting would be my choice of words. Still no Hunger, still no Crux and the swordbearer is still a huge asshole sometimes. Overall pretty painless kills though and I'm glad we got them done.

Also, I loved that we 4 manned it in 2 attempts and then couldn't six man it for over an hour. Encounter design needs some help.

A-hole or not, that was some nice swordsmanship. I'm still puzzled about the sword bearer pathfinding. It was really screwy when we had 6.

Anyone got a checkpoint at Ir Yut normal?

Yes.

What's a good strategy for the end of the lamps part of CE? The part with the ogres, knights and thralls. Our (relatively newbie) group kept getting wiped there last night.

Anytime I've done it before I've just been tagging along and doing what I was told!

Jump on the rock next to the lamp. Kill ogre as soon as it spots you. Wait for bridge to form. RUN.

You just need 1 player to get across. Bladedancer with invisibility and/or don't touch me gauntlets, titan with saint helm blinding bubble, mida muti-tool to run faster - they all help.

There is a rock in front of the bridge near the circle where you can get a higher position to avoid thralls and snipe the Ogres.

Bradach

Jump on the rock next to the lamp. Kill ogre as soon as it spots you. Wait for bridge to form. RUN.

You just need 1 player to get across. Bladedancer with invisibility and/or don't touch me gauntlets, titan with saint helm blinding bubble, mida muti-tool to run faster - they all help.

There is a rock in front of the bridge near the circle where you can get a higher position to avoid thralls and snipe the Ogres.
Thanks lads. Getting up away from the thralls Is a great idea. We'll try that, kill the ogre drop a blind bubble at the start off the bridge to slow them down and run like there's a gjallahorn at the end of the bridge!

noomi

Morning dgaf, Thursday is upon us, let's see what Weekly Update we be today. More useless info? I hope not....

Xur Wishlist for tomorrow:

- Red Death Upgrade (c'mon already...where is it?)
- Hand Cannon & Pulse Rifle Telemetry (to level red death, juju, thorn)

By the way do weapon telemetries stack in inventory? Meaning if I have more than 5, will it stack into 10? Slots are very limited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom