• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much what I'm gearing myself up for, though they can't have 2 "updateceptions" lol.

They either forgot about the Black Hammer and WoC or can't fix it in a timely manner. And I'd be hyped as hell for a Necro buff.

I just want that silly yellow bar around my BH. its superficial but everytiome Iook at I think It needs some work

Joined a team from tower, they needed dps on hm crota.

They were using a 31 as swordbearer...

I did that once, they were doing VOG, worst experience ever!

Deku Tree

DGAF: need advice: should I max out invective? Or 4th horseman? (Or UR? No I want it to be a secondary...)

I want a max exotic shotgun on my Titan.

Lima

How do you guys (Drizzay, Kadey, & Lima) keep doing Crota? I don't even remember the last time I did that encounter. I Can't stand it

I obviously like running the sword and when I'm playing with my own group we do left strat and kill boomers and wizards so the people not running the sword have something to do. So eh it's not that bad.

And it's always fun how some groups on LFG are genuinely amazed when they are talking about strategy to make sure everyone is on the same page and I intervene and tell them we are gonna finish him in two swords. Or when I jump up from the middle with the Hunter jump. One guy was like bullshit yesterday that isn't possible. Practice that jump motherfuckers.

E92 M3

I just want that silly yellow bar around my BH. its superficial but everytiome Iook at I think It needs some work

I did that once, they were doing VOG, worst experience ever!

I want that YB too, but have resolved to never seeing it. Does frustrate me every time I see the green one.

DGAF: need advice: should I max out invective? Or 4th horseman? (Or UR? No I want it to be a secondary...)

I want a max exotic shotgun on my Titan.

Invective is sooo much fun :D Do it.

it looks just like a pulse rifle. when is this thing coming available?

It's the Stranger's Rifle but blue.

Yeah, it doesn't just LOOK like a pulse rifle, it's a damn palette swap of the Stranger's Rifle. As to coming out, it's been in the game since the beginning and has its own Grimoire card, but Bungie has never acknowledged its existence (or the Trials of Osiris) outside of giving it to this guy.

300 attack... Bungie gave it out before TDB hit... Where is the Xur upgrade???
Yeah, poor guy. I see he was still using it in Iron Banner anyway. I certainly would be.

So you need to run after the first Orgers to get the sword fast and try to get Crota on middle yet... not a safe way to play.

Use a 32 lvl lol

Yeah that's how, they almost had it but sword disappeared on the final shield break..

what? 4 swords? Its been a long time since we had a 31 swordbearer around here but I dont remember 4 swords since the 30 days

4 swords = 8 shield breaks

E92 M3

You guys think they fixed the "IB rank glitch" for the next IB? I really want to just pick up the sniper if it's sold and not play it all weekend. I have a feeling they did.

Deku Tree

Why do people who play Crucible a lot get to buy stuff from four Vendors in the tower, but PvE focused players only get to buy stuff from one Vendor in the Tower?

ethomaz

Banned
Accurized Ballistics and Hammer Formed is the way to go.
Thanks... I choose these... Stability for shotguns is useless :p

The "off-the-shelf" vendor version is terrific. Shot package and arc damage just destroys the many arc-shielded enemies. Also pretty good in PvP.

Edit: Oops, I'm an idiot and misread...lol
No problem ;) mine is the vendor version... I meant the others 6 perks to choose 2.

You guys think they fixed the "IB rank glitch" for the next IB? I really want to just pick up the sniper if it's sold and not play it all weekend. I have a feeling they did.
I think weapons are supposed to be auto-rifle and hmg. Armor is legs and chest.

That's if I remember the post about someone mining this data before.

rNilla

Why do people who play Crucible a lot get to buy stuff from four Vendors in the tower, but PvE focused players only get to buy stuff from one Vendor in the Tower?

This drives me nuts. Why are there even separate marks? There is nothing PVP specific about the vendors and the items they sell. We should be able to spend Vanguard marks at any of them. I would also love it if their stock changed every week with random perks.

I checked my ranks recently on the stat tracker and the ranks are still retained. I bet it works next time even if it will be spotty like last time.

Iceman829

This drives me nuts. Why are there even separate marks? There is nothing PVP specific about the vendors and the items they sell. We should be able to spend Vanguard marks at any of them. I would also love it if their stock changed every week with random perks.

Bungie needed a reason to get people to play PvP since multiplayer is shit in this game compared to their MP suite from Halo.

They should have done this from the start, but they didn't even change what was available when the dlc came out. Really disappointing.

Congrats!

I wouldn't suggest you spend Marks on a vendor Helm at this point. At level 30, you are strong enough to tackle most of the game's content. Make sure to run the Weekly Heroic Strike at Level 30 for 9 Strange Coins every week, as well as the Nightfall for a roll at Exotic gear or upgrade materials.

You can also run Heroic Vault of Glass. It's fun, has 2 potential Exotic drops (Gorgon chest and Atheon) and a chance at getting Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence, top-tier elemental primaries. Sadly VoG armor is useless.

At level 30 you can also run Crota's End on Normal. This can net you Raid armor with a higher Light stat than your current gear. It'll be enough to take you to 31 as you slowly get it and upgrade it.

TLDR: not worth it to buy a vendor helmet. Wait to get an Exotic helm from Xur or a NF drop or the Crota's End helm. Stay at level 30 and run everything except Heroic CE.

I hear you. Problem is I have already run CE NM twice (friends helped me through) and didn't get a helm. I also have an exotic arm piece already that I like. So, all things considered, if I don't get a helm drop from one of the raids next Tuesday, I'm buying the helm from the vendor. I don't really need the marks for anything else (got Found Verdict from VoG so no Secret Handshake), and I hate hate hate how my blue helm looks.

I know I'll get a CE helm eventually, but they seem to be pretty rare . . .

well last weeks update led to some very intereresting conversations

itsfuckingnothing.gif
I'm ready to talk about new information, not another week of talking about how DeeJ can ramble on about nothing.

Pretty baffling to me too. Bungie was surprised that players were relying on drops over purchasing weapons. Well, when the stock doesn't rotate in any way, and PvE players are severely gimped in what they can actually purchase, what did they honestly expect?

Either keep the Vanguard stock static and let us use the hilariously useless Vanguard Commendations to re-roll stats and elemental damage, or rotate the stock around every reset, similar to how we know Xur works. This HAD to have been an idea that Bungie thought of, I'm struggling to think of why it was never implemented in some fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom