• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

Two Gjallarhorns this week, still no Crux. This game is just trolling me now.
No the game would be trolling you if it kept giving you cruxes instead of gjallarhorns. Nechrocasm is fkn terrible.

It is doing you a massive favor by continuing to drop gjallys for you. Stay as far away from the nechrocasm as you can.

Shito

The easiest way to get a Ghorn has just to beat the game at it's own tricks. Just go ultra cheap mode. It worked twice for me in the past.

http://xboxclips.com/Iceman829/65ac7c8e-9dcf-4425-96e9-63ad5d07651b

http://xboxclips.com/Iceman829/43365e44-7310-43a0-b90e-fcb3c68b3251
You can't do the first one anymore (but it got me my Hawkmoon :3), and the second one is harder to get to now.
But yeah, I "ultra cheap" quite everything in this game, and still no Horn... or maybe they also patched out your little trick? ^^

Homeboyd

Or you could just play as Trance and say, "I'd like exotics to rain down on me today"... Seems to work for him lol.
RIGHT?!?!

His worst week he's had in destiny probably EVER, is this week.. and he's probably had 5-6 exotics drop so far. Which is equivalent of course to one of my best ever.

Dude is super lucky. Kind of fascinating to watch. Ever seen an exotic fatebringer? Trance has one. Ever see a void gjallarhorn? Trance has one. Ever see an icebreaker that can change from exotic to legendary just so he can use another exotic with it? Trance has 6.

Seriously though. His last two exotics he needed were just delivered on a silver platter and now they're just raining from the skies on him. He isn't physically able to shard them fast enough before more drop.

I'm pretty sure I saw him get a Vex from a white engram...

RIGHT?!?!

His worst week he's had in destiny probably EVER, is this week.. and he's probably had 5-6 exotics drop so far. Which is equivalent of course to one of my best ever.

Dude is super lucky. Kind of fascinating to watch. Ever seen an exotic fatebringer? Trance has one. Ever see a void gjallarhorn? Trance has one. Ever see an icebreaker that can change from exotic to legendary just so he can use another exotic with it? Trance has 6.

Seriously though. His last two exotics he needed were just delivered on a silver platter and now they're just raining from the skies on him. He isn't physically able to shard them fast enough before more drop.

He didn't ask for this curse.

ethomaz

Banned
Good Crucible day... 10 wins already... 4 looses... using Vita Remote Play that add a bit of lag (I'm loosing in the head2head shotgun battle (I need to predict and shot early but sometimes it didn't kill because it is too way).

Ghazi

Prediction for today's update:

tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif

Tune in next week for more info!

Iceman829

I don't get what this is suppose to mean. Ultra cheap mode I mean.

You can't do the first one anymore (but it got me my Hawkmoon :3), and the second one is harder to get to now.
But yeah, I "ultra cheap" quite everything in this game, and still no Horn... or maybe they also patched out your little trick? ^^

Ultra cheap mode is just my laugh at the joke of a loot system. There's no reason to actually try in this game when things are so random and so broken. I got 2 of my Horns from hiding under a platform (you can still do this if you can jump properly into the rear) and from looting the first raid chest in CE normal pre-patch to deathsinger. I get like 4-5 exotic weapons a week and have no use for them. Other people get 400 shards a week.

The loot system is broken. Don't let it drive you insane. I'm glad I got the last exotic when I did because it was frustrating me to no end. I feel better now that I don't feel like I need to play anymore. Anyone on XB1 that needs gorgon HM cp I still have it. I'll also be helping a friend out over the weekend with a nightfall/heroic or 2 if anyone needs help they can tag along. Besides that I won't log in anymore unless someone needs a hand killing something or to hold the gorgon cp or any other cp people want me to save.

Shito

I suspect today's update will be about the VoG that they just started acknowledging.
Telling us that they are working on it.
And other stuff they can't talk about today.
In 36898 words.

LTWood12

Everything all right, man?

Yep. Wife got back from running an errand and kitchen was filling w/ smoke. Luckily she showed up in time and got the fire department out there. Could've been much worse. Basically it's a matter of getting the house professionally deodorized and deep-cleaned, which is a lot more expensive than I imagined. Thank God for Homeowners Insurance.

E92 M3

RIGHT?!?!

There, Thirsty has it right!

Ultra cheap mode is just my laugh at the joke of a loot system. There's no reason to actually try in this game when things are so random and so broken. I got 2 of my Horns from hiding under a platform (you can still do this if you can jump properly into the rear) and from looting the first raid chest in CE normal pre-patch to deathsinger. I get like 4-5 exotic weapons a week and have no use for them. Other people get 400 shards a week.

The loot system is broken. Don't let it drive you insane. I'm glad I got the last exotic when I did because it was frustrating me to no end. I feel better now that I don't feel like I need to play anymore. Anyone on XB1 that needs gorgon HM cp I still have it. I'll also be helping a friend out over the weekend with a nightfall/heroic or 2 if anyone needs help they can tag along. Besides that I won't log in anymore unless someone needs a hand killing something or to hold the gorgon cp or any other cp people want me to save.

And that's why it's best to play with no expectations. It's still a good shooter, but overall you're right about the loot system needing more refinement.

Yep. Wife got back from running an errand and kitchen was filling w/ smoke. Luckily she showed up in time and got the fire department out there. Could've been much worse. Basically it's a matter of getting the house professionally deodorized and deep-cleaned, which is a lot more expensive than I imagined. Thank God for Homeowners Insurance.

Deodorized? Like, making sure flammable chemicals aren't floating around the house?

Regardless, glad to hear everyone is safe!

Homeboyd

He doesn't ask for it... that's true. He prays to RNGesus every night before bed however... just not while in party chat.

One time he left his mic on and I heard it. "Please RNGeebus, I've gone far too long without a Suros. All of the Auts have theirs maxed and I have yet to see one :( This makes me very upset I would be forever grateful if you would bless me as you have done for them so many times. Yes, I know you have bestowed 100's of exotics upon mi familia and I over the course of my destiny career, and for that I am grateful and appreciative. But, I can't help but feel slighted that you do not feel me worthy of a Suros. I will handle it with great care and also never fire it one time since Bungie made AR's absolute poop from a butt with their latest nerfage. Please consider my prayers."

*skies open and a waterfall of Suros' (surii?) rain on Trance's dome for all of eternity*

AMAZING.

Navy Bean

I see myself slowing down until The House of Re-Leveling Exotics DLC drops. Of course, I do need a Titan 36 chest piece...

Ghazi

He doesn't ask for it... that's true. He prays to RNGesus every night before bed however... just not while in party chat.

One time he left his mic on and I heard it. "Please RNGeebus, I've gone far too long without a Suros. All of the Auts have theirs maxed and I have yet to see one :( This makes me very upset I would be forever grateful if you would bless me as you have done for them so many times. Yes, I know you have bestowed 100's of exotics upon mi familia and I over the course of my destiny career, and for that I am grateful and appreciative. But, I can't help but feel slighted that you do not feel me worthy of a Suros. I will handle it with great care and also never fire it one time since Bungie made AR's absolute poop from a butt with their latest nerfage. Please consider my prayers."

*skies open and a waterfall of Suros' (surii?) rain on Trance's dome for all of eternity*

AMAZING.
He probably sold his soul to the devil.

!@(@&*(#&!%@(!)*&#&&)(*#%#!$

I've been playing this fucking game since the alpha... I don't even want to know how many hours I've dumped into it.

Still no fucking horn. I've watched countless people get it. Literally every week some asshole gets it to drop while I watch and get shards or some shit vendor auto rifle for my trouble. Unfuckingbelievable.

Oh, you're missing the crux? Boofuckinghoo. I have 3 of them. That Necrochasm is so fucking amazing that I'm not sure how you sleep at night without one. Oh, you're missing Plan C, too? Cool, have one of the 40 that have dropped for me. It's a sweet gun... oh wait, no it's not, it's shit and no one cares about it.

Raids, strikes, chests... you name it, I am dumb enough to keep doing it. I actually want to physically fight Crota, in real life, and torture him until he gives me a Horn. I know he has them, I've seen him give them out.

I am so hung over and pissed off today. Please don't take the above
too
seriously.

Deodorized? Like, making sure flammable chemicals aren't floating around the house?

No, like getting the smell of smoke out of the house. That shit's like an anchor once it sets in, need professionals to make it go away.

Glad everything's okay LT

LTWood12

Thanks Meta. No, not that. Smoke penetrates everything basically and makes the whole house have this terrible odor. Hard to describe, but it'll knock you down when you walk in. So basically have to have a company to come out and clean air ducts, carpet, walls, etc. All covered by insurance thankfully, but a hassle nonetheless.

Ok, back to Destiny talk...

Iceman829

I see myself slowing down until The House of Re-Leveling Exotics DLC drops. Of course, I do need a Titan 36 chest piece...

We can run the abyss and bridge and try for the raid chest piece. I we can do that tonight when I shuffle the gorgon cp over to you. If you want to try cheesing across the bridge with your titan I can self res and clear the ogres with my warlock. I tried it one day on normal, so I can walk you through the process.

I've been playing this fucking game since the alpha... I don't even want to know how many hours I've dumped into it.

Still no fucking horn. I've watched countless people get it. Literally every week some asshole gets it to drop while I watch and get shards or some shit vendor auto rifle for my trouble. Unfuckingbelievable.

Oh, you're missing the crux? Boofuckinghoo. I have 3 of them. That Necrochasm is so fucking amazing that I'm not sure how you sleep at night without one. Oh, you're missing Plan C, too? Cool, have one of the 40 that have dropped for me. It's a sweet gun... oh wait, no it's not, it's shit and no one cares about it.

Raids, strikes, chests... you name it, I am dumb enough to keep doing it. I actually want to physically fight Crota, in real life, and torture him until he gives me a Horn. I know he has them, I've seen him give them out.

too
seriously.

tumblr_lo87kgu9NH1qmirofo1_500.gif

Shito

too
seriously.
I know the feeling real well.
Some days I just shrug it off and go on with my business as usual, but every once in a while it gets under my skin kinda like you at the moment. And I can't help it, even if the sane part of my reason is telling me I shouldn't care all that much.
The thing I'm starting to not stand quite well anymore are the usual "the trick is not to care anymore", because no, guys: shit is just RNG. There's no trick at all. ^^

PuMa

On a positive note, I got my
5th
Thunderlord last night from a legendary engram. I can't remember the last time before that I got an exotic from a legendary.

ultrazilla

too
seriously.

Day 1 player here as well. Pre-ordered it and everything. No horn or suros yet. Haven't scene a monte carlo or invective either. I've had two plan cs drop, a couple dragon's breaths, a couple mida multi tools but that's about it. My main prized exotic right now is the Vex I got from a chest in the hard VOG raid.

Someday, we'll get a horn. :)

Sullichin

too
seriously.

Same here, still no horn. Got my millionth Plan C today from a random Crucible match. No Land Beyond waiting in the postmaster.

LTWood12

too
seriously.

You sound a lot like T-44. He's put about that same amount of time into the game, and he still doesn't have Thunderlord, Hawkmoon, or Red Death. I don't think he's gotten a new exotic in 2 or 3 months. Your time will come. I'd give anything to be there when you finally do get it. Holy shit i need to witness that reaction in person.

Shito

I guess Narmer's sine wave is fully bottomed out at FUCK OFF right now.
Yeah, probably.
Mine sky-rocketted to "eh, I'm fine" yesterday. Soloed HM abyss and bridge, starting really tired and telling myself "just a few tries, and if it doesn't want to work tonight I go to bed". Got the chest on my first try, the lamp jump on my second try, and didn't die at the bridge afterwards. All of that with the drop I was looking for, the Abyss Defiant, just to see how's the wizard perk / have some little fun the next time Omnigul is chosen in a ROC strike.
I suppose I'll be back at the bottom of the wave in a few days, once the "I've got a new toy to play with!" period is over... ^^

noomi

too
seriously.

Did you see my post from yesterday about the hawkmoon?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=155566693&postcount=16244

I felt the same way dude, sometimes it just helps to vent a little bit. It's frustrating as all hell, especially when your down to one thing you want and people around you constantly get it and don't even want it... week after week.

I feel ya man, you'll feel better though, even without it. I feel better today :)

LTWood12

On a positive note, I got my
5th
Thunderlord last night from a legendary engram. I can't remember the last time before that I got an exotic from a legendary.

I got a plan c from rahool during the original loot cave era. Since then I have never gotten an exotic from an engram.

I got my first Gjallarhorn from a legendary engram dropping from a scrub dreg in the Cosmodrome back in December. Got my first (& only) Thunderlord from a legendary engram as well, though that one was a Nightfall reward.

nOoblet16

Well since we are talking about Ghorn.

I was in a HM raid a few hours ago, there were 5 of us with four level 32s and one level 31 and none of us had the Horn except Drizzay who was running the sword. We had two hungers and two truth (one was mine and I think the 31 had another truth) and we just were too low on DPS....it'd take a lot of rockets to take him down. I guess even if I fired three rockets with truth amd everyone else firing it wouldn't be enough because he would have recovered by the time the 2nd or 3rd rockets had arrived.

Enter a 6th player with a Ghorn and the bugger kneels in seconds.

Edit: In short I actually realised how much the Ghorn changes the game in PvE and how much of an effect its absence can have (at least for the strategies that we use)

Did you see my post from yesterday about the hawkmoon?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=155566693&postcount=16244

I felt the same way dude, sometimes it just helps to vent a little bit. It's frustrating as all hell, especially when your down to one thing you want and people around you constantly get it and don't even want it... week after week.

I feel ya man, you'll feel better though, even without it. I feel better today :)

The worst is when Nami gets it because he'll rub that shit in your face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom