• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
1400? Seriously? I feel sad at 10 days and 17 hours. I'd really like a Gjallahorn or a Hawkmoon. I'm missing several other Primaries too, but I'm not really itching for most of those.
On the bright side, I have everything else the game has to offer. EVERYTHING.

Shito

I am uncertain as to whether there is a gif that can properly convey my facial expression at this very moment.
le3nVa2.gif

not complaining about truth, it was one of my very first exotics!

before I got ghorn, everytime I would get a purple heavy engram I would get really excited. when I saw the gold rim come up , the outline of a rocket launcher, I become overwelmed with excitement and then the truth came, literally./ lol

lol I was lucky I got my Gjallarhorn before the hype started. I didn't even care that I got it when I did. Silly me. :p
I find this game more enjoyable when I hear your accent. So, yes.

yay!

lol I was lucky I got my Gjallarhorn before the hype started. I didn't even care that I got it when I did. Silly me. :p

yay!

watched a video of a guy perusing xurs wares back when it was in stock, he goes over and says, eh, looks ok, I dont really use RL thuogh, but I really need these exotic gloves for my warlock or something

I have never heard your accent, are you going to NLB VOG with us this weekend?

I am ready to troll some randoms.

try and use fireteam chat to hear the grunts and possible swearing

Yep. Wife got back from running an errand and kitchen was filling w/ smoke. Luckily she showed up in time and got the fire department out there. Could've been much worse. Basically it's a matter of getting the house professionally deodorized and deep-cleaned, which is a lot more expensive than I imagined. Thank God for Homeowners Insurance.

Just curious, but what was burning? Food, something electrical...???

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Lolz that last sword swipe. How did the DPS crew distract the boomers? How many rockets were they firing?
Unknown was using a bubble and firing a Ghorn rocket while Defuser was firing two (?), so total three Ghorn rockets.

The thing is the three rockets have to hit Crota really quickly or he won't go down. And yeah, that last hit was funny. Kinda like the Crucible where people KO each other.

We can run the abyss and bridge and try for the raid chest piece. I we can do that tonight when I shuffle the gorgon cp over to you. If you want to try cheesing across the bridge with your titan I can self res and clear the ogres with my warlock. I tried it one day on normal, so I can walk you through the process.

I need some normal Crota kills, on at my usual time. Thirsty should be around, thats 4.

watched a video of a guy perusing xurs wares back when it was in stock, he goes over and says, eh, looks ok, I dont really use RL thuogh, but I really need these exotic gloves for my warlock or something

I have never heard your accent, are you going to NLB VOG with us this weekend?

I won't be home until after 10pm GMT Saturday, so if you're going after that I can join.

Lolz that last sword swipe. How did the DPS crew distract the boomers? How many rockets were they firing?

I popped a Titan bubble. I jumped to fire two rockets, so did Defuser on the ledge. Fired the rocket on that last down a little early when he was immune so the last wave was out of sync. Amazing how kartik still downed him.

Well since we are talking about Ghorn.

I was in a HM raid a few hours ago, there were 5 of us with four level 32s and one level 31 and none of us had the Horn except Drizzay who was running the sword. We had two hungers and two truth (one was mine and I think the 31 had another truth) and we just were too low on DPS....it'd take a lot of rockets to take him down. I guess even if I fired three rockets with truth amd everyone else firing it wouldn't be enough because he would have recovered by the time the 2nd or 3rd rockets had arrived.

Enter a 6th player with a Ghorn and the bugger kneels in seconds.

Edit: In short I actually realised how much the Ghorn changes the game in PvE and how much of an effect its absence can have (at least for the strategies that we use)

I didn't see anyone firing primary right after shooting the rocket. Even if there is a sliver of shield left on Crota, he will regain it. Can't stress it enough, as soon as you fire your rocket(s), switch to primary and keep firing.

I won't be home until after 10pm GMT Saturday, so if you're going after that I can join.

will probably do it at noon PST so that would be perfect right, I think GMT is about 10 hours ahead.

speaking fo which, how is everyones NLB comming?

so far we have
Me
Nami
nilla
ruthless
Fig
narmer212
is the time good for everyone?

May I please join in the NLB fun? I do have one of those. It's not leveled yet though. Guessing I can take care of that by Sat. though.

looks like we got our guardian!

PuMa

You have no idea. I'm going home after work
and smoking a ton of weed
. Then I'm going to get a group together for a NM VoG. Then I'm going to murder Atheon and he's going give me a horn. If he so much as hesitates, I'm going to warp into his stupid fucking time conflux or whatever the fuck it is and literally wrap my sine wave around his fucking neck and strangle him until his little stomach crystal is colder than a witch's tit.

Are you coming along for the ride or are you coming along for the ride?

This sounds like a fun ride actually. 10/10 would go.

Kaiken

Banned
I've had amazing drops in the last three weeks. Two Gjallarhorns (already had one), Vex Mythoclast (finally, been an alpha player) and my elusive Hawkmoon... and I'm far too tired and burned out to level up the latter two. I want the Black Hammer and I don't even know why anymore, I don't care about the Crux of Crota that's never dropped yet either. My love for Destiny is fading, House of Wolves needs to hurry!

Lothars

I didn't see anyone firing primary right after shooting the rocket. Even if there is a sliver of shield left on Crota, he will regain it. Can't stress it enough, as soon as you fire your rocket(s), switch to primary and keep firing.
Yeah if you use primaries after your rocket, it means the difference between him kneeling or his shield regenerating.

LTWood12

Just curious, but what was burning? Food, something electrical...???

So our stove top is one of those ones that's flush with the rest of the counter top. Almost blends in if you know what I mean. It's electric. Anyway, the burner knobs are on the front, and we think our three year-old son must've turned one of the knobs to low when she wasn't looking. One of her scarfs was on the counter next to the burner, and part of it was actually in contact w/ that specific burner (she felt terribly stupid). Luckily the burner was on low, so it had to have taken a good while for the scarf to ignite. They left the house about 11:40 am and got back a little before 1 pm. Firemen said it could not have been going on long, since other than the scarf being on fire there was no other visible damage to the kitchen.

He's such a calm and well behaved kid, and we've talked to him about safety-etc, we probably weren't as paranoid about it as we should be. We've ordered some knob covers.

rNilla

will probably do it at noon PST so that would be perfect right, I think GMT is about 10 hours ahead.

so far we have
Me
Nami
nilla
ruthless
Fig
narmer212

If I'm doing my math right GMT is PDT + 7.

Also, later is better for me but I can make any time work.

So our stove top is one of those ones that's flush with the rest of the counter top. Almost blends in if you know what I mean. It's electric. Anyway, the burner knobs are on the front, and we think our three year-old son must've turned one of the knobs to low when she wasn't looking. One of her scarfs was on the counter next to the burner, and part of it was actually in contact w/ that specific burner (she felt terribly stupid). Luckily the burner was on low, so it had to have taken a good while for the scarf to ignite. They left the house about 11:40 am and got back a little before 1 pm. Firemen said it could not have been going on long, since other than the scarf being on fire there was no other visible damage to the kitchen.

Man, that's scary. Glad to hear you managed to avoid extensive damage.

so far we have
Me
Nami
nilla
ruthless
Fig
narmer212

My NLB was maxed long ago.

Saturday Noon PST? That will probably be sunday early morning for me. Can do.

Namikaze1

so far we have
Me
Nami
nilla
ruthless
Fig
narmer212

Mine is nearly maxed out. Just need the last 3 bubbles which should be filled with if I hand in today's bounties with my Hunter and Warlock.

I propose 'The Destiny Drinking Game'

Everyone posts the exotics they are missing.

Whenever someone gets one, we all drink.
except nami who's not legal yet :p

What say you guardians?

so far we have
Me
Nami
nilla
ruthless
Fig
narmer212

Apparently I'm 7 hours ahead of you atm since your clocks just went forward and ours haven't yet.

I got distracted upgrading my Black Hammer, so my NLB has only one bubble done. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom