• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

I propose 'The Destiny Drinking Game'

Everyone posts the exotics they are missing.

Whenever someone gets one, we all drink.
except nami who's not legal yet :p

What say you guardians?

Remember how drunk this thread was around the holiday season. Shit was hilarious hahah. Good times.

vctor182

Been playing Crucible a lot more, even more now than PvE. Hawkmoon is a beast, Thorn continues to rock and Suros is a shadow of its former self. I'm leveling The Last Word to see what its all about since I'm getting killed with those a lot.

Skirmish is actually pretty fun and is a welcomed change of pace of the run & gun playstyle in control and clash. It has a lot more strategy and the flow of the game can change pretty fast.

Apparently I'm 7 hours ahead of you atm since your clocks just went forward and ours haven't yet.

I got distracted upgrading my Black Hammer, so my NLB has only one bubble done. >_>

will push it out 3 hours then, so you, ruthless, and nilla will all match in time. I dont know what time Nami is on

Yeah I did the math, California time right? I'm 18 hours in the future...so 6am for me.

would 9am be better

I'm in it!
As a long time Souls player, the videos are weird for me. "Why is this guy not using his shield!?... Oh, yeah, right...". Gonna take a little use to. ^^

I've been on major BB black out mode. Don't want to know another detail or see another picture or video until the pre-order unlocks at midnight... Ooh baby.

Gala

What say you guardians?

I only have three pre-tdb exotics and nothing to do this weekend. I drink for every two exotics, starting tomorrow evening GMT+1 otherwise I would be dead.

Hoodbury

Since the game came out I've often marveled at how great the Destiny community and player base is. This is a really shitty thing to do to another player.

I agree. Having your own fun at the expense of another person in an online game is pretty low in my opinion.

noomi

What say you guardians?

For serious, I'm down for this, one evening when I have nowhere to go, we drink and take on VoG & Crota :p Someone would need to record party chat and the videos though for ultimate hilarity

Deku Tree

Since the game came out I've often marveled at how great the Destiny community and player base is. This is a really shitty thing to do to another player.

HE LEFT!! WE DID IT!! OUR FIRST VITCIM!!

NLB + Weekly heroic

If that is what they did then what is so horrible about trying to complete a legitimate destiny activity with a legitimate exotic destiny weapon that is working as intended according to Bungie? The game as currently designed doesn't even allow them to do the weekly with two people without matching with a third.

I only have three pre-tdb exotics and nothing to do this weekend. I drink for every two exotics, starting tomorrow evening GMT+1 otherwise I would be dead.

I've got all exotic weapons but wouldn't mind a post-DLC Suros and Hawkmoon so I can retire my old ones.

As for armor, just need 3 pieces - Knucklehead, Ruin Wings and Apotheosis Veil.

If that is what they did then what is so horrible about trying to complete a legitimate destiny activity with a legitimate exotic destiny weapon that is working as intended according to Bungie? The game as currently designed doesn't even allow them to do the weekly with two people without matching with a third.

#AskBungie

I'd probably have left too.

I agree. Having your own fun at the expense of another person in an online game is pretty low in my opinion.

Does this mean we can't laugh at Scarlet's drunken Scrota sword attempts? ;_; Lol but on a more serious note I agree with your point. The jokes are only funny when everyone's in on it.

Skele7on

Banned

What say you guardians?

I'm game, my liver is already screaming.

Hey bungie feels this gun is fit for purpose, so it's fine to run weekly + no land beyond.... Although if they then remove matchmaking it's nami's fault.

I'm fine with whatever, sunday morning is sunday morning.

images

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I've been on major BB black out mode. Don't want to know another detail or see another picture or video until the pre-order unlocks at midnight... Ooh baby.
Same here, but I ended up seeing a boss fight :/ I won't enter a BB thread until the game comes out.

Deku Tree

What happened?

Read my last post above I think.

Sorry about last night. I will have to run everything tonight, didn't get home until 12am :(

No worries. I ended up forming a HM Crota group and finishing two super quick Crota kills with Drizzay and crew after your Vita failed on you... and then also someone invited me to help them finish off the Archon priest at the end and that was my last NF. I am probably taking a Destiny vacation until next reset (other than possibly some early morning Dailies). Are you working late next Wed too?

Same here, but I ended up seeing a boss fight :/ I won't enter a BB thread until the game comes out.

As soon as I made that last post I went to Gaming side and clicked a few threads before regaining my senses haha. I'm going to be in trouble if the next two weeks don't go by quickly...

border

The game as designed allows you to go AFK or hide in a corner or refuse to revive teammates. That doesn't mean it's not griefing.

I'm not sure if I'd describe it as harshly as "that's a really shitty thing to do to another player" though.

Not when said player seems to not have wanted to help in the slightest. I'm against trolling another person who is actively trying to help.

Trolling a dude who camps spawn AFK thinking he'll let 2 other people do everything is A-OK by me.

Hoodbury

If that's all they're doing then ya, not so bad. I took it that they were doing other stuff as well from this comment below. So I could be jumping the gun on them and if so I apologise.
I am ready to troll some randoms.

Does this mean we can't laugh at Scarlet's drunken Scrota sword attempts? ;_; Lol but on a more serious note I agree with your point. The jokes are only funny when everyone's in on it.

Ya, different scenario, all friends and all part of it. If you're at the point in a game where you are up for "trolling randoms", maybe you are getting kinda board of said game and maybe should do something else? But ya, we shouldn't laugh at Scarlet either.... that will only encourage him to do it more. :p

Deku Tree

The game as designed allows you to go AFK or hide in a corner or refuse to revive teammates. That doesn't mean it's not griefing.

I'm not sure if I'd describe it as harshly as "that's a really shitty thing to do to another player" though.

Ok but don't you see a difference between going AFK or hiding in a corner on one hand, and bringing a working as intended exotic weapon that was given to us by Bungie into a weekly heroic activity and actively playing your best to try and beat it?

If I had to guess I would put money on Nami and Lnkn52 having a lot more kills than the random even with NLB.

GhaleonEB

That was not his intention.

I am ready to troll some randoms.

Lnkn58 and I are about to rain in on a level 28's day.

Lol! This guy looks like he's going to solo it instead. We keep dying.

HE LEFT!! WE DID IT!! OUR FIRST VITCIM!!
He's not "trying to complete a legitimate destiny activity with a legitimate exotic destiny weapon". He's going into a newly matchmade activity with a specific plan to make it a shitty experience for another player and celebrating when the other player quit as a result. There's nothing to cheer on here. It's awful behavior.

Ok but don't you see a difference between going AFK or hiding in a corner on one hand, and bringing a working as intended exotic weapon that was given to us by Bungie into a weekly heroic activity and actively playing your best to try and beat it?

If I had to guess I would put money on Nami and Lnkn52 having a lot more kills than the random even with NLB.

You give them far too much credit lol.

Skele7on

Banned
He's not "trying to complete a legitimate destiny activity with a legitimate exotic destiny weapon". He's going into a newly matchmade activity with a specific plan to make it a shitty experience for another player and celebrating when the other player quit as a result. There's nothing to cheer on here. It's awful behavior.

RIP Nami <3

Deku Tree

You give them far too much credit lol.

Ok I wasn't there and those posts are suspect and it sounds like I am giving them too much credit. Yeah I admit it.

Damn, Nami
ufdup.png

I've gotta agree with Ghaleon on this one. That dude went into the 28 level strike most likely because that's all his level could permit and he was greeted with 2 NLB that kept dying. I would have popped to orbit too, and added you two to my PSN ignore list. I Can understand you want a challenge. If that's the case find a third so you're not actively trolling a rando.

Hoodbury

I've gotta agree with Ghaleon on this one. That dude went into the 28 level strike most likely because that's all his level could permit and he was greeted with 2 NLB that kept dying. I would have popped to orbit too, and added you two to my PSN ignore list. I Can understand you want a challenge. If that's the case find a third so you're not actively trolling a rando.

That's the thing though, the challenge was to get randoms to get pissed off and quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom