• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROBDRAGGOO

1ec0a03.jpg

doesnt count, I made the post.

and no thats not me

Nice nice. I've done DS 3x on the same character, through NG++ and DS2... I lost track. One character through NG5+ or something. Made the DLC reaaalll interesting.

Demons Souls twice on fresh characters: once as Sorcerer but magic is completely broken so it was too easy(maybe 18 hours to beat on a mostly blind play through). Then again as melee character. Amazing game, definitely give it another whirl. Supposedly Tower of Latria is a big reference point for BB style/feeling.
At the last world in Demons Souls, I might attempt to finish it this weekend or work on Dark Souls PC. But gotta slice Scrota up haha...

Much love to everyone in this thread and any of you guys I've had a chance to play with. I'm trading in my copy and getting rid of a lot of my gaming stuff. I've been separated from my fiancé and kids for the past week and it has been a real eye opener in a lot of aspects of my life. Time to put this shit down! Be good ladies and gents. the7thAssassin signing off

Take care and good luck to you!

doesnt count, I made the post.

and no thats not me
What if hes lying! D:

Much love to everyone in this thread and any of you guys I've had a chance to play with. I'm trading in my copy and getting rid of a lot of my gaming stuff. I've been separated from my fiancé and kids for the past week and it has been a real eye opener in a lot of aspects of my life. Time to put this shit down! Be good ladies and gents. the7thAssassin signing off
Hits close to home. Went through something similar at Christmas. Good luck, keep communicating with your fiance and spend some quality time with your kids.

I've never played a Souls game before and can't decide if I should get Bloodborne or not. I use to play Monster Hunter a lot but didn't get MH4 due to it being handheld only so far and now there is that MH clone game coming out around the same time as Bloodborne. So I can't decide on which one to get. sigh.

Will that other game satisfy my MH itch? Will Bloodborne be as fun as you all say it will be for someone who's never played that series? Will that other game be a good enough quality clone of MH? I'm not a fan of the horror genre and I hear Bloodborne is down that path, will that mean I won't like it?

So many questions. I can't decide.

You could wait until it's out to hear more Gaffer impressions but anyone who's already a Souls convert will be gushing about it regardless, so look for newbies to the series. Although the big issue will likely be how accessible it is to newbies, which veterans will be well equipped to tell you, relative to any other entry point. Keep in mind there is co-op so there will be plenty of obsessive weirdos like myself who'll be happy to help you through tough spots.

The tone is clearly horror but the feeling of the actual gameplay looks to be very action oriented. More of a badass action adventure RPG with scary monsters to f up than a true horror genre title. Kinda like a mature Zelda mixed with an actually good 3D castlevania game.

Sullichin

I wanna turn my Hunter into a dude and my Warlock into a Robot without green joker hair. I hope the next expansion allows for such advanced technology

Damn, so sorry to hear that but glad to know you're taking steps to mend things. Always had a great time raiding and laughing
at Phaethon
with you fine folks.

Nothing's more important than family.

Namikaze1

Ok but don't you see a difference between going AFK or hiding in a corner on one hand, and bringing a working as intended exotic weapon that was given to us by Bungie into a weekly heroic activity and actively playing your best to try and beat it?

If I had to guess I would put money on Nami and Lnkn52 having a lot more kills than the random even with NLB.

B_6naE7UgAIjvcP.jpg:orig

Mind you, I switched weapons once we got to Aksor. Got sick of dying.

Best of luck :)

Hope everything works out

Speaking of Bloodborne, is DGAF doing a watchword?

I love coop with Souls games.

Is watch word a Bb thing to make co-op easier with specific people/friends list? Been on black out like I said, haha.

I want to finish my first play through totally solo but then I'll do co-op all day erryday. VoG is the only coop experience I've played that compares or even eclipses Souls.

Lnkn52

Ok but don't you see a difference between going AFK or hiding in a corner on one hand, and bringing a working as intended exotic weapon that was given to us by Bungie into a weekly heroic activity and actively playing your best to try and beat it?

If I had to guess I would put money on Nami and Lnkn52 having a lot more kills than the random even with NLB.

LOL, sorry for the money you have just lost. I'm remote playing from 40 miles away, there is no way I can take down any sort of enemies with a base NLB.

Namikaze1

Is watch word a Bb thing to make co-op easier with specific people/friends list? Been on black out like I said, haha.

I want to finish my first play through totally solo but then I'll do co-op all day erryday. VoG is the only coop experience I've played that compares or even eclipses Souls.
Watchword is an 8 letter word you can share with people to make co-op so much easier. It's for people who want to play with friends instead of some randoms.

Hoodbury

You could wait until it's out to hear more Gaffer impressions but anyone who's already a Souls convert will be gushing about it regardless, so look for newbies to the series. Although the big issue will likely be how accessible it is to newbies, which veterans will be well equipped to tell you, relative to any other entry point. Keep in mind there is co-op so there will be plenty of obsessive weirdos like myself who'll be happy to help you through tough spots.

The tone is clearly horror but the feeling of the actual gameplay looks to be very action oriented. More of a badass action adventure RPG with scary monsters to f up than a true horror genre title. Kinda like a mature Zelda mixed with an actually good 3D castlevania game.

Ya, that's what's been leaning me toward getting it. GAF Gaming section just raves about these games. It's also the reason why I got a PS4 to play these types of games I couldn't get when I was a Nintendo only person.

But man, I do love me some Monster Hunter and that game (damn me for not remembering the name of it) looks like a good MH clone from what I've seen.

Why not both? Eh, it's an option, but I don't have a lot of gaming time and I like to focus it on one game at a time for the most part. Plus I'll still be working through GTA V by then and Destiny as well.

E92 M3

Really diggin' my Titan's new ride. I just imagine those things on top of the wings are speakers.

EQrxDZo.jpg

I always think of a parking garage when I see that ship. Though, yours doesn't look too bad.

www.destinystatus.com
www.destinytracker.com
etc

None tell you which checkpoints you have completed (raids) however... which I'm still jonesing for.

Get the Raid Buddy app. It's simple and you can keep track of things on a granular level.

Exactly. Haven't read much about it but I guess that watchword makes it so you only coop with players with the same watchword.

I'll play the same as you, solo first play through and then just coop bosses. It's a great way to grind levels for endgame (at least in DS2 it was).

VoG really is amazing isn't it? The drop off in quality from VoG to Crota's End is a concern - I feel like VoG was a part of the original Destiny design and the DLC raids are from whoever was left after some key people left.

Destiny's development history needs a documentary!

Atkison04

That sucks dude. Just remember you still have a family here too.

For the guys that ran through HM VoG last night, I swear one of the guys we played with was Brad Shoemaker. I meant to ask the guy because he sounded exactly like him over chat.

ErnieMcCracken (aka Brad Shoemaker), reveal yourself!

Real life calls, man. Totally understandable. Good luck with everything.

At the last world in Demons Souls, I might attempt to finish it this weekend or work on Dark Souls PC. But gotta slice Scrota up haha...

Take care and good luck to you!

What if hes lying! D:

Damn, so sorry to hear that but glad to know you're taking steps to mend things. Always had a great time raiding and laughing
at Phaethon
with you fine folks.

Nothing's more important than family.

Best of luck :)

Hope everything works out

Thanks everyone :) Destiny didn't do it but it certainly didn't help! My fiancé and I have been communicating better the last week than we have in a really long time. Communication and complacency can be such a bitch until something happens to realign your focus. I'm being positive and doing everything in my power to work things out. Thanks for the support!

Well next week, Best Buy is having a 30% trade bonus on all video games plus the 10% bonus for those who have the GCU.

And the price of GCU is down to $30 now. Pays for itself pretty quick. 20% off games from bb is probably the main reason I haven't gone digital yet.

Namikaze1

Good to know, I reckon 3 hours should be enough to knock it out.

Shall we discuss class loadout? I reckon 2 of each class is a good combo?

Personally I'd go with 3 titans, 2 warlocks and 1 hunter.
I am going with my Titan cause that's what class I prefer the most.

Deku Tree

Someone made a new site where you can check all the weekly completion status. It's great!

http://www.destinychecklist.net/

www.destinystatus.com
www.destinytracker.com
etc

None tell you which checkpoints you have completed (raids) however... which I'm still jonesing for.

This is the one I use now

http://destinystatus.com

It tells you what the daily is every morning, and the weekly and NF too but it doesn't tell you the burns. And recently under "Weekly" it also tells you what you have completed so far each week too. It also shows you your missing Grimoire, and your Grimoire progress.

It doesn't tell you your characters chosen sub class perks and stats though.

Atkison04

Hits close to home. Went through something similar at Christmas. Good luck, keep communicating with your fiance and spend some quality time with your kids.

Thanks for this post. I left it out of the mass reply because I was going to be more in detail with my reply to yours. I'll refrain from doing so as not to derail the thread with relationship stuff. I'm doing exactly as you suggested though. I hope you are doing well with your situation as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom