• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read my last post above I think.

No worries. I ended up forming a HM Crota group and finishing two super quick Crota kills with Drizzay and crew after your Vita failed on you... and then also someone invited me to help them finish off the Archon priest at the end and that was my last NF. I am probably taking a Destiny vacation until next reset (other than possibly some early morning Dailies). Are you working late next Wed too?

Nope, I am all clear for next Wednesday. No issue!

This reminds me I need to put together my "adventures in weekly match making" post where the 3rd guy w me and Yzen immediately went afk in a corner. So we pushed him back into the line of fire where he died and we t-bagged his orb and then he left the game. Presumably since he had the strike w/o dying bounty and wanted us to carry him. Something like that is 100% fair game, haha.

Shito

I've gotta agree with Ghaleon on this one. That dude went into the 28 level strike most likely because that's all his level could permit and he was greeted with 2 NLB that kept dying. I would have popped to orbit too, and added you two to my PSN ignore list. I Can understand you want a challenge. If that's the case find a third so you're not actively trolling a rando.
Yep.
Had it been a 30 weekly, maybe I would have thought otherwise, but choosing a 28 activity just to rain on some low level's parade is a biiiit too much in my opinion. ^^

later going to play Dark Souls, if anyone need a Crota HM kill let me know

Have you beaten any/all Souls games?

Also I'll be out of town visiting parents from tonight until sometime Sunday, so you need to carry the torch. Although who knows, maybe I'll bring my PS4 since there's not much else to do. Only 3 more kills until I can punch my 200 CE completions card to match my VoG one....

Hoodbury

For what purpose?
for the fun of trolling randoms I suppose...
I am ready to troll some randoms.
This reminds me I need to put together my "adventures in weekly match making" post where the 3rd guy w me and Yzen immediately went afk in a corner. So we pushed him back into the line of fire where he died and we t-bagged his orb and then he left the game. Presumably since he had the strike w/o dying bounty and wanted us to carry him. Something like that is 100% fair game, haha.

No complaints here, heh.

HERE WE GO!!!!!!!

THIS SATURDAY
or sunday
at 3pm PST

6 BRAVE
foolish
GUARDIANS WILL ONCE AGAIN BRAVE THE DEEPEST DARKEST DEPTHS OF ATHEONS GLASSY VAULT!

Armed with only the will to live and the No Land Beyond can these guardians make it out of the caverns alive?

SUPERS, GRENADES, and PUNCHES to be had! and the little sniper that no one believed in
images

Tune in this Saturday to find out

Your guardians

NAMIKAZI
images

RUTHLESS BARBARIAN

images

RNILLA

images

NARMER212

images

FIGADAPAURA
images

ROBDRAGGOO

images

watch it all go down live in Nami's twitch stream

SEE YA THERE!

HERE WE GO!!!!!!!

THIS SATURDAY
or sunday
at 3pm PST

6 BRAVE
foolish
GUARDIANS WILL ONCE AGAIN BRAVE THE DEEPEST DARKEST DEPTHS OF ATHEONS GLASSY VAULT!

Armed with only the will to live and the No Land Beyond can these guardians make it out of the caverns alive?

SUPERS, GRENADES, and PUNCHES to be had! and the little sniper that no one believed in
images

Tune in this Saturday to find out

Your guardians

NAMIKAZI
images

RUTHLESS BARBARIAN

images

RNILLA

images

NARMER212

images

FIGADAPAURA
images

ROBDRAGGOO

images

watch it all go down live in Nami's twitch stream

SEE YA THERE!

Nicely done :)

Has to be saturday (your time) though. I can't do sunday as that would be monday for me..

phen0m24

Haha I joked that I'd never play Destiny again, but we all know I will. Still have 2 Nightfalls to do for no reason except maybe a chance at Glasshouse.

Well if you would like to do any NF's and I'm on, hit me up. We'll fight over Gjallarhorns.

Glad to see you're still around.

Also I'll be out of town visiting parents from tonight until sometime Sunday, so you need to carry the torch. Although who knows, maybe I'll bring my PS4 since there's not much else to do. Only 3 more kills until I can punch my 200 CE completions card to match my VoG one....

Yep yep. Beaten Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 on Xbox 360, want to finish and get all the achievements for Dark Souls on PC, never finish Demon Souls tho.

Hoodbury

I've never played a Souls game before and can't decide if I should get Bloodborne or not. I use to play Monster Hunter a lot but didn't get MH4 due to it being handheld only so far and now there is that MH clone game coming out around the same time as Bloodborne. So I can't decide on which one to get. sigh.

Will that other game satisfy my MH itch? Will Bloodborne be as fun as you all say it will be for someone who's never played that series? Will that other game be a good enough quality clone of MH? I'm not a fan of the horror genre and I hear Bloodborne is down that path, will that mean I won't like it?

So many questions. I can't decide.

Deku Tree

Evening fellow guardians, anyone know what Xur is selling tomorrow?

No everyone thinks that the prediction on Reddit was changed and Bungie's patch 1.1.1 was a stealth fix to prevent megamanexe and the other player from being able to predict Xur. And I hope that is correct personally.

nOoblet16

Ok but don't you see a difference between going AFK or hiding in a corner on one hand, and bringing a working as intended exotic weapon that was given to us by Bungie into a weekly heroic activity and actively playing your best to try and beat it?

If I had to guess I would put money on Nami and Lnkn52 having a lot more kills than the random even with NLB.

It's still griefing.

Team Fortress 2 for example allows an Engineer to set up teleporters and sentry guns anywhere, which means you can set up a teleporter so that it takes your teammates and teleports them to a location and you can have your friend on the other team build sentry guns directly in front of your teleporter. Totally legitimate...but it's griefing. Depending on the game, game mode and community, griefing ranges from acceptable/fun to annoying/shitty.

Bungie made NLB yes, but its easy to see that they intended to troll with this weapon and hence anyone who uses it is really just messing around as it is easily the worst weapon in the game. People play Heroic strikes because they want the rewards. But by griefing them, you (and your friend who joined you to troll the random guy) are taking up fireteam slots that could otherwise have been taken up by someone who actually needed the reward. Basically you are not helping if you do that, especially if you don't even need the rewards in the first place and are playing it just to grief. That last bit is what's bad about it.

Yep yep. Beaten Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 on Xbox 360, want to finish and get all the achievements for Dark Souls on PC, never finish Demon Souls tho.

Nice nice. I've done DS 3x on the same character, through NG++ and DS2... I lost track. One character through NG5+ or something. Made the DLC reaaalll interesting.

Demons Souls twice on fresh characters: once as Sorcerer but magic is completely broken so it was too easy(maybe 18 hours to beat on a mostly blind play through). Then again as melee character. Amazing game, definitely give it another whirl. Supposedly Tower of Latria is a big reference point for BB style/feeling.

Atkison04

Much love to everyone in this thread and any of you guys I've had a chance to play with. I'm trading in my copy and getting rid of a lot of my gaming stuff. I've been separated from my fiancé and kids for the past week and it has been a real eye opener in a lot of aspects of my life. Time to put this shit down! Be good ladies and gents. the7thAssassin signing off

phen0m24

No everyone thinks that the prediction on Reddit was changed and Bungie's patch 1.1.1 was a stealth fix to reintroduce Gjallarhorn to the Xur offerings and also to prevent anyone from being able to predict Xur. And I hope that is correct personally.

FIxed that for you
and for all the Horn-hopers
;)

I've never played a Souls game before and can't decide if I should get Bloodborne or not. I use to play Monster Hunter a lot but didn't get MH4 due to it being handheld only so far and now there is that MH clone game coming out around the same time as Bloodborne. So I can't decide on which one to get. sigh.

Will that other game satisfy my MH itch? Will Bloodborne be as fun as you all say it will be for someone who's never played that series? Will that other game be a good enough quality clone of MH? I'm not a fan of the horror genre and I hear Bloodborne is down that path, will that mean I won't like it?

So many questions. I can't decide.

Well contrary to popular beliefs, the Souls series and most likely Bloodborne as well, are not hard games. Instead it doesnt give any hits, hold your hand, etc and its about adapting to whats thrown at you. Its will punish you for small errors however its "fair". The game will ask you to learn the mechanics by trial and error. If you like a good and fair challenge
not trolling low level active players
then give bloodborne a chance.

Lnkn52

Much love to everyone in this thread and any of you guys I've had a chance to play with. I'm trading in my copy and getting rid of a lot of my gaming stuff. I've been separated from my fiancé and kids for the past week and it has been a real eye opener in a lot of aspects of my life. Time to put this shit down! Be good ladies and gents. the7thAssassin signing off

That sucks dude. Just remember you still have a family here too.

For the guys that ran through HM VoG last night, I swear one of the guys we played with was Brad Shoemaker. I meant to ask the guy because he sounded exactly like him over chat.

ErnieMcCracken (aka Brad Shoemaker), reveal yourself!

Real life calls, man. Totally understandable. Good luck with everything.

Namikaze1

Ok, carry on then, my bad. :)
Oh, also: what's your twitch channel?
I probably won't be able to see your insane VoG run live, but if you have the archives activated I'll gladly take a look at it! ^^
I can't remember if it's namikaze1 or namikaze01. I'll post the link before we enter the vault.

Actually, let me just look it up right now.

Edit: it's namikaze01

So our stove top is one of those ones that's flush with the rest of the counter top. Almost blends in if you know what I mean. It's electric. Anyway, the burner knobs are on the front, and we think our three year-old son must've turned one of the knobs to low when she wasn't looking. One of her scarfs was on the counter next to the burner, and part of it was actually in contact w/ that specific burner (she felt terribly stupid). Luckily the burner was on low, so it had to have taken a good while for the scarf to ignite. They left the house about 11:40 am and got back a little before 1 pm. Firemen said it could not have been going on long, since other than the scarf being on fire there was no other visible damage to the kitchen.

He's such a calm and well behaved kid, and we've talked to him about safety-etc, we probably weren't as paranoid about it as we should be. We've ordered some knob covers.

Whew, lucky it was so low then. Could've been really bad. Glad everything is OK. With the exception of the smell obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom