• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

This game just loves to give me blue gloves engrams. Every day it is the same engram type. I can't think of a day where not a single blue glove engram dropped for me.

Zoidberg

Bungie may be trolling with Xur now:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2yu2cm/misc_bungies_xur_changesno_land_beyond_troll/

I tried to data-mine today and bungie has implemented a lot of changes. Instead of Xur having one single constant IP on one port, he now has multiple. If you join a tower instance and you're the only one there, Xur will have 16 different IP address. If you join and its 8 other people, Xur will have 9 different ones. Only one of the possible IP's you connect to will share the packet information you need. The others will include self-input data like controller movement, date & time, and other player constants.
To combat this I used zone alarm on each IP separately until I isolated the one that sends the packets for weapons. This took considerably longer than I thought because each unique IP only sends packets for a 45 second window and then they stop for 100ms, and then restart. This made it hard to decipher the hex code and decide if there were any patterns.
Finally, once I managed to isolate the IP, find the pattern, and looped it. Every 22 packets started with the same 8b Hex. Bungie had literally broadcasted every thing as a No Land Beyond. This is what I found(obviously a troll), but yeah:
No Land Beyond 999 Attack Kinectic Damage
No Land Beyond 488 Defense Warlock Chest Piece
No Land Beyond 366 Defense Hunter Gauntlets
No Land Beyond 447 Defense Titan Helmet
TL:DR
Bungie has employed 8 servers from their network, and 8 from Activision. They've employed a fail safe on 15/16. They constantly shuffle ports and IP's that lead to nothing. The one IP that does lead to anything has the name No Land Beyond for every weapon, armor, and upgrade.

Homeboyd

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2yu2cm/misc_bungies_xur_changesno_land_beyond_troll/

I tried to data-mine today and bungie has implemented a lot of changes. Instead of Xur having one single constant IP on one port, he now has multiple. If you join a tower instance and you're the only one there, Xur will have 16 different IP address. If you join and its 8 other people, Xur will have 9 different ones. Only one of the possible IP's you connect to will share the packet information you need. The others will include self-input data like controller movement, date & time, and other player constants.
To combat this I used zone alarm on each IP separately until I isolated the one that sends the packets for weapons. This took considerably longer than I thought because each unique IP only sends packets for a 45 second window and then they stop for 100ms, and then restart. This made it hard to decipher the hex code and decide if there were any patterns.
Finally, once I managed to isolate the IP, find the pattern, and looped it. Every 22 packets started with the same 8b Hex. Bungie had literally broadcasted every thing as a No Land Beyond. This is what I found(obviously a troll), but yeah:
Bungie has employed 8 servers from their network, and 8 from Activision. They've employed a fail safe on 15/16. They constantly shuffle ports and IP's that lead to nothing. The one IP that does lead to anything has the name No Land Beyond for every weapon, armor, and upgrade.
L O L

RIP megaman

Namikaze1

Two questions:

1) What time would you assholes like to hit up VoG? I'm thinking in about 1.5 hours.

2) I'm bringing my NLB for practice.

Note: second item was not actually a question.
That's fine with me.

Half 10 is fine with me. Also shove your NLB.

uh huh
Ya huh

I would like to thank the guy who figured out how the first guy was able to take a peek at Cur's future wares. Thanks a bunch, Sir No Fun Allowed! If you hadn't posted how he did it, Bungie would have taken a couple more weeks to patch it!

well played Bungie, well played

*slow clap*

amazing

noomi

Going to run a quick nightfall to help a friend, anyone is welcome to join for the 3rd spot.

Fireteam public, psn is noomi85

Deku Tree

I'm just going to leave this here:

No everyone thinks that the prediction on Reddit was changed and Bungie's patch 1.1.1.1 was a stealth fix to prevent megamanexe and the other player from being able to predict Xur. And I hope that is correct personally.

I would like to thank the guy who figured out how the first guy was able to take a peek at Cur's future wares. Thanks a bunch, Sir No Fun Allowed! If you hadn't posted how he did it, Bungie would have taken a couple more weeks to patch it!

Nah Bungie would have patched it in the same time. I would like to thank that guy too. I'm really glad this got patched.

well played Bungie, well played

*slow clap*

Destroying the surprise of Xur is actually really bad for the whole set up of Destiny.

GhaleonEB

That is utterly hilarious. Bravo, Bungie.

Good call, Deku.

I'm just going to leave this here:

Nah Bungie would have patched it in the same time. I would like to thank that guy too. I'm really glad this got patched.

Destroying the surprise of Xur is actually really bad for the whole set up of Destiny.

im not disagreeing with you

Look how fast Bungie moves to close the Xur loophole, but so many other issues linger.

We get that many things are worked on in parallel, and that when one thing is patched doesn't mean others aren't being worked on but it is still highly suspicious that the issues that fall under the "exploit" umbrella have the shortest lifespan.

kennyadr

Neo Member
Is anyone else looking to get the raid with a clan trophy? I can't seem to convince any of my friends to join a clan just for a raid :(

Namikaze1

Bungie sure are quick to patch out some harmless thing while VoG and CE are still a broken mess. Though they did say they are working on fixing VoG...SIX MONTHS LATER!!!

got nechrocasm, so excited to use it
8f70c6ea.gif

GhaleonEB

Please tell me you're joking

Seems it did win. Dunno how I feel about that. On the one hand, I think the game is bloody brilliant and very fun, and does co-op PvE as good as anything I've played. On the other it also has some massive flaws and is still very much a (slowly improving) work in progress. I haven't played the competition but it sure does seem like an outlier of a pick.

Deku Tree

That is utterly hilarious. Bravo, Bungie.

Good call, Deku.

thx

Bungie sure are quick to patch out some harmless thing while VoG and CE are still a broken mess. Though they did say they are working on fixing VoG...SIX MONTHS LATER!!!

Knowing Xur in advance really isn't harmless though from Bungie's game design perspective. They want you to be checking on Destiny on Friday or Saturday to see if Xur has anything you need. The predictions prevent that and are a much bigger problem for the game as a whole than raid bugs... although I also would prefer if they first fixed the raid bugs.

The surprise has already been ruined to a degree. We know he'll never sell Gjallarhorn now.

Not to completely give up hope, but the guy had only pulled the inventory through August, so there is hope beyond there. Also, it didn't have any of the HoW Exotics. Xur will likely be shaken up when HoW is added to the mix since we can expect him to sell the 2 Exotic pieces multiple times like TDB exotics. Unless they will just overwrite what was originally going to be planned those weeks anyway.

Daemul

Seems it did win. Dunno how I feel about that. On the one hand, I think the game is bloody brilliant and very fun, and does co-op PvE as good as anything I've played. On the other it also has some massive flaws and is still very much a (slowly improving) work in progress. I haven't played the competition but it sure does seem like an outlier of a pick.

Yeah, I like Destiny, I've poured dozens of hours of my time into it, but goddamn, it should not be getting anywhere near any GOTY awards. There were just quite a few games out last year where were just flat out better.

hydruxo

This is amazing

Defyler

Xur seems pretty irrelevant at this point after finding out he won't carry gally because bungie intentionally altered his wares.

Knowing Xur in advance really isn't harmless though from Bungie's game design perspective. They want you to be checking on Destiny on Friday or Saturday to see if Xur has anything you need. The predictions prevent that and are a much bigger problem for the game as a whole than raid bugs... although I also would prefer if they first fixed the raid bugs.

Exactly, convincing the average user to log into Destiny once a week keeps some people form buying a new game since they're still "playing" destiny on a regular basis.

This means more player retention.

I've talked about this before, but Xur is a marketing teams dream system.

Xur seems pretty irrelevant at this point after finding out he won't carry gally because bungie intentionally altered his wares.

You have to realize that we are not the average player. The percentage of playerbase that knows anything about megamanexe or Xur's possible items is probably less than 10%. Hell, I'd be surprised if it's more than 1%.

Yeah, I like Destiny, I've poured dozens of hours of my time into it, but goddamn, it should not be getting anywhere near any GOTY awards. There were just quite a few games out last year where were just flat out better.

It's funny, I have put way more hours into this game than any other game in years. Possibly the most hours I've put in any game ever, yet I wouldn't put it within a mile of a GOTY. I still maintain it is at best a 7/10 experience. The loot system, as broken and infuriating as it is, has its hooks sunk deep into me. It's not necessarily a healthy relationship, but I do keep playing which is what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom