• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Main points for 1.1.2:

Vault Space – We know you need more space to collect all the treasures you gain from your missions, and more gear is on the way.

Raid Fixes – There are times when Atheon and Crota can be uncooperative, so we’re tackling their worst bugs.

Audio and Visual – Not everyone wants to see or hear a game the same way, which is why we’re looking at providing more options.

PVP Ammunition – The Crucible team wants to change the way ammo crates dictate the flow of a battle.

Strikes – The numbers tell us that there are some missions that are successfully completed far less than others, inspiring us to look at why people quit.

Fair Warning: Our hopes and dreams are always at the mercy of “Triage!” The longer we support the Live Game, though, the more confident we feel about calling the shot.

1.1.2 is still weeks away. That gives us plenty of time to delve into each point. We’ll talk about this again (starting next week).

So I suppose this was another update about an update?

Woohoo!!! More vault space yay!!!

CLBridges

Good to know we'll possibly have another update by end of month or early April. I'd like to know what ideas they're bouncing around regarding strikes. The strikes I notice that people quit most often are Omnigul, the Black Garden one and a tie between Dust Palace and Valus. I do have an idea for the Black Garden one though Bungie, make those yellow bar enemies drop glimmer during that whole "filler" part, you know the part.

ocean

Banned
My guess
Omni
Black garden
Dust palce

The ps exclusives ones

And

Valus
Only thing all three have in common is they take a long ass time. When you're on a ROC train for quick marks / rep / engrams it's real different to get Nexus/Devil's Lair than those marathon strikes.

Hyun Sai

People quitting strikes?

Gonna go out on a limb and say they wuit the one's that are too long. People are grinding them for engrams/marks. Not efficient to to the long ones so people quit.

It's sad to see how Bungie is out of touch when they think people are quitting some strikes because they are too hard. It's this kind of things I find worrying about the future design decisions of this game and its sequel.

ocean

Banned
It's sad to see how Bungie is out of touch when they think people are quitting some strikes because they are too hard. It's this kind of think I find worrying about the future design decisions of this game and its sequel.
None of the strikes are hard outside of a solo NF. Some are real long though. It doesn't bother me to run a long Weekly or NF but when I want quick marks, Valus with randoms is a no-no for instance.

hydruxo

It's crazy to me that Bungie is being so coy with HoW when we pretty much know it's done. It wouldn't kill them to tease it a little bit here and there but instead they just out out these bland updates. Build a little hype because people are dropping off each week when there's nothing significant to look forward to.

Deku Tree

None of the strikes are hard outside of a solo NF. Some are real long though. It doesn't bother me to run a long Weekly or NF but when I want quick marks, Valus with randoms is a no-no for instance.

None of them are too long if you know what you can skip and how to do it.

It's crazy to me that Bungie is being so coy with HoW when we pretty much know it's done. It wouldn't kill them to tease it a little bit here and there but instead they just out out these bland updates. Build a little hype because people are dropping off each week when there's nothing significant to look forward to.

Agreed. I wonder when they will finally reveal it. My guess is it will release the week before E3 in June and then they will unveil Comet at E3

noomi

I'm starting work earlier the tuesday now, so I will only do it if I'm in shape monday evening, Honestly, I felt really tired at work after last week reset run.

By the way, I always wondered, what's the catch of the reset raid ? I can understand doing the Nightfalls to have the bonus as soon as possible, but what difference does it make to do the raid any other day of the week ?

No problem, real life comes first always, you do what you need to do.

The catch? Non really, I just like completeing everything in one day so the rest of the week I can focus on other things. It's exciting when everyone on here is doing their reset runs together.

Personal preference really.

Shito

They most probably have a reveal deal with a magazine / website, like they had for TDB.

Ghazi

I could see them reducing boss health in those strikes. We never got the patch that was supposed to do that.

There also needs to be a quit penalty mid strikes and mp matches.

Hyun Sai

That only works with a pre made group of competent people that are used to it and are geared for it. The problem is people quitting in random matchmaking, and that's a whole different breed. "Get good" won't solve it ^^.

ocean

Banned
I don't skip anything in a good Fireteam. Randoms don't play like we do though. Get Valus and if you're lucky enough for randoms not to quit they'll try taking on Liutenants using the vehicles. Sniping is a lot quicker but it takes a long time when you're at it solo.

Undying mind is really cool when you make it an Orb orgy with Shotgun seasoning. But you see randoms shooting their kinetic primary at yellow bar Minotaurs and just shake your head.

I think the game's single biggest issue at launch was not making voice comm opt-out at launch. I wish I could tell people "dude just stay over here and snipe that devil walker, don't go back there to get blown up". "Hey don't jump down for Nexus, we can snipe from here and it'll go quicker".

Instead I'm left with people I can't speak to and who normally don't have the little tricks we've accumulated for the games content.

If you got a ROC train sure, but it is hard to find those and randoms are more than likely scrubs. Then you have Undying Mind with artificial barriers preventing you from just blowing through it.

Deku Tree

If you got a ROC train sure, but it is hard to find those and randoms are more than likely scrubs. Then you have Undying Mind with artificial barriers preventing you from just blowing through it.

Last week I did three roc trains and I started them by posting here looking for one and the train started in like 5-10 minutes after my post.

Namikaze1

953jlsdb.gif

Bungie may be trolling with Xur now:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2yu2cm/misc_bungies_xur_changesno_land_beyond_troll/

I tried to data-mine today and bungie has implemented a lot of changes. Instead of Xur having one single constant IP on one port, he now has multiple. If you join a tower instance and you're the only one there, Xur will have 16 different IP address. If you join and its 8 other people, Xur will have 9 different ones. Only one of the possible IP's you connect to will share the packet information you need. The others will include self-input data like controller movement, date & time, and other player constants.
To combat this I used zone alarm on each IP separately until I isolated the one that sends the packets for weapons. This took considerably longer than I thought because each unique IP only sends packets for a 45 second window and then they stop for 100ms, and then restart. This made it hard to decipher the hex code and decide if there were any patterns.
Finally, once I managed to isolate the IP, find the pattern, and looped it. Every 22 packets started with the same 8b Hex. Bungie had literally broadcasted every thing as a No Land Beyond. This is what I found(obviously a troll), but yeah:
No Land Beyond 999 Attack Kinectic Damage
No Land Beyond 488 Defense Warlock Chest Piece
No Land Beyond 366 Defense Hunter Gauntlets
No Land Beyond 447 Defense Titan Helmet
TL:DR
Bungie has employed 8 servers from their network, and 8 from Activision. They've employed a fail safe on 15/16. They constantly shuffle ports and IP's that lead to nothing. The one IP that does lead to anything has the name No Land Beyond for every weapon, armor, and upgrade.

when i saw the weekly update, i suspected that they had done something to obscure the method... once again, rather than patching what's broken, they "remedy" superficial junk... *smh*

E92 M3

I don't think Bungie is aware that Destination Material stacks are capped at 200. It's very annoying and a small change to give them same properties as other materials. There is no reason for them to be limited to 200 per stack. That change alone will give us tons of more room I think.

stb

So Dark Souls II is more like that crazy, estoreric pan-fusion restaurant with the ridiculously awesome atmosphere I eat at a few times a month, like more than half the menu is stuff I can't pronounce let alone interpret and so I'll probably never wind up trying them, but over all I can't help but admit the quality level is truly fantastic since the chefs use the best melee combat in the industry and totally revamped dual-wielding to make it more interesting for me.

i may have lost control of that metaphor at the end

Yeah... at the end...

I don't think Bungie is aware that Destination Material stacks are capped at 200. It's very annoying and a small change to give them same properties as other materials. There is no reason for them to be limited to 200 per stack. That change alone will give us tons of more room I think.

I dont think bungie is aware of anything without the community pointing the obvious issues

Nuszka

I just like completeing everything in one day so the rest of the week I can focus on other things.

Personal preference really.

Totally agree here, and i alredy managed to brainwash my wife that tuesday is destiny day , works most of the time, or i think it does lol.

A_Gorilla

Banned
At last, the time has come: I'm looking to do a formal Normal Crota Raid with my alt, a lvl 31 Titan.

Any takers?

PSN:

1.) El_Bombastico (me)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

Destiny was my GotY for two main reasons:

1.) Kinesthetics aka game feel: The feeling of movement in 3D space is unparalleled. What Super Meat Boy is for 2D movement.
2.) VoG

OST and sound design are also very "GotY" caliber. The game deserves some credit for fostering communal experiences but our community deserves most of the credit.

1.) Kinesthetics aka game feel: The feeling of movement in 3D space is unparalleled. What Super Meat Boy is for 2D movement.
2.) VoG

OST and sound design are also very "GotY" caliber. The game deserves some credit for fostering communal experiences but our community deserves most of the credit.

Weapon and armor design are also some of the best I've ever seen. Even beats the Souls games which I thought couldn't be done.

And the conflation of fantasy and sci-fi is fairly unique.

I also love the lore even if it's buried. The 3 warring alien races are badass. I dig the Fallen, feel meh about the Cabal, and fucking hate the Hive.

2.) VoG

Gunplay is superb. I didn't fully appreciate it at first since I hadn't really used a controller for FPS before and also had to spend hours retraining my brain to use standard camera contols. (no x-axis inversion).

Played a lot of FPS before, but didn't realize how good this was until after hundreds of hours in Destiny and going back to other games and notice the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom