• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haybro

11 shards from NF...

3wdsTzx.gif

Weapon and armor design are also some of the best I've ever seen. Even beats the Souls games which I thought couldn't be done.

And the conflation of fantasy and sci-fi is fairly unique.

I also love the lore even if it's buried. The 3 warring alien races are badass. I dig the Fallen, feel meh about the Cabal, and fucking hate the Hive.

I'd still give armor weapon designs to Souls overall, on the huge breadth and variety available. Destiny has some fantastic quality but quantity is really meager, especially for viable end game gear whereas so many armor/weapon sets can be used for legit play style builds in Souls. But I definitely get where you're coming from, and agree about the sci-if fantasy lore. Vex are my BFFs while Cabal feel bland right now like you said (they blow up planets just for getting in their way herp-a-derp).

EL CUCO

IS BUNGIE AWARE OF THE ISSUES WITH CROTA'S END?

We are aware of the issues players have encountered when playing through the Crota's End Raid and are actively investigating. A list of the most commonly known issues can be found below:

· The sword that drops from the Swordbearer during the Crota fight can sometimes disappear.

· Crota can get up early and kill the sword-carrier unexpectedly.
That one still crushes my soul

Ridli

So if I understand this right, Xur should return to being a surprise (even if we now know he's predetermined), and more vault space at some vague point in the future.

Well. Better weekly update than most.

So if I understand this right, Xur should return to being a surprise (even if we now know he's predetermined), and more vault space at some vague point in the future.

Well. Better weekly update than most.

Essentially, Xur table was generated by RNG but extended out for many weeks, maybe for "all-time". Bungie still has control to modify as they please, even in real-time.

Hopefully someone else will save some of the checkpoints ;)

Haha don't look at me. I'll be 5 hours into my blind BB play through by the time reset rolls around. Maybe I can save hard Gorgons... Normal DS takes 10-15 minutes to acquire and I'm sure someone will ask one or both of us for HM Scrota help at some point, haha. Including you we had 3 MIA regulars for reset raids so who knows how well teams will stick around each week anyway before HoW drops.

Page top multi quote edit !

Gunplay is superb. I didn't fully appreciate it at first since I hadn't really used a controller for FPS before

Yeah I didn't say it but I'd include gunplay under the kinesthetics umbrella. Basically how all the movement feels is remarkable, including the running, jumping, shooting, relic/sword flying, sparrowing etc. All the details of audio-visual feedback to player inputs, that's been the basis for my "addiction" way more than any MMO grind or loot drops.

There's a real brilliance to their execution of having enemies shoot physical projectiles that can be evaded (eg Doom) vs standard point-and-click hitscan weapons for the player (eg CoD). I'd have a gif or two to illustrate the point if I wasn't stuck on mobile, haha.

Lnkn52

I don't know how you guys do it. There's no way my girl is going to let me play two games every day.

For me, I love the sound design in this game. So memorable. My favorite is the sparrow, I get a Star Wars vibe.

I don't know how you guys do it. There's no way my girl is going to let me play two games every day.

Going to have to prioritize. I expect on BB launch week I won't do any Raids, bounties or dailies. Just Heroic weekly for coins and maybe NF if I can find the time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
:(
For me, I love the sound design in this game. So memorable. My favorite is the sparrow, I get a Star Wars vibe.
I'm still stunned with my gold headset for the moment. the feedback from the different gun types is surreal, and there are things I didn't even realize HAD audio cues

RetroMG

i suppose, I just wish I could convey to them the importance of bloodborne.

You can practice on me. I've never played any of the Dark Souls games, and all I really know if that they are supposed to be punishingly difficult. Why should I play Bloodborne?

EDIT: Other than the fact that half of Destiny-GAF seems into it, and I love my Destiny-GAF peeps.

You can practice on me. I've never played any of the Dark Souls games, and all I really know if that they are supposed to be punishingly difficult. Why should I play Bloodborne?

EDIT: Other than the fact that half of Destiny-GAF seems into it, and I love my Destiny-GAF peeps.
The Souls series have the deepest gameplay I've ever experienced. Any encounter can be tackled with a multitude of play styles. The difficulty is offset by the immensely rewarding experience.

I'm still stunned with my gold headset for the moment. the feedback from the different gun types is surreal, and there are things I didn't even realize HAD audio cues

Totally agree. It was a game changer when I got that set. Still remember hearing Gjallarhorn the first time with them on. It was like falling in love all over again.

Did you download the Destiny preset profile for it?

ich00

:(

They are great. I didn't realize how much I was missing when using my old headset.

The difficulty is a bit overstated. Challenging for sure, but it is a game with incredibly rigid combat that rewards intelligent play and punishes mistakes. Consider the first few hours of play an investment in your gaming ability. It teaches you to be a better gamer as you progress. Once it clicks, the game is very fun and rewarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom