• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can thank Megaman, had he not been so vocal about his ways and clue in Bungie how to fix the Xur bug, we would have gotten Universal Remote again instead of Red Death.

SkylineRKR

I own all Hunter Helmets. Knucklehead is great for PvP, esp in combination with Red Death since its been rebuffed. You usually out ADS your enemies. Which makes this a killer combination Xur offers.

But other than that, Knuckle is rather useless. I sometimes even prefer Third Man for PvP, because it raises my INT big time. Or Symbiote for the 4th shot.

But still no Hard Light for me.. its been like, 6 months now?

blazeuk

I went through a few weeks of getting nothing but Red Death the other month so don't need that, actually needed every other exotic armour piece though so good week for me.

Bought Red Death. Now I just need three more coins to get Mask of the Third Man. Gonna decrypt that helmet with my Warlock first, though.

Only upgrade I can do this week is Truth, so I might as well.

Sorry lol, i thought it was that skull one for hunter.. what the hells is it called now?

Insurmountable Skullfort. I've always wanted it, but I rarely ever use my titan as a Striker and I still have the Helm of Inmost Light to level up. It can wait.

And my exotic engram just decrypted into another Helm of Inmost Light. Kill me now.

Holy crap! I just bought 3 helmet engrams and got symbiote, and mask of the 3rd man. Bought knuckle head, and already had arachnid. Got obsidion mind for the engrams too, but don't have a warlock anymore.

:'(

Holy crap! I just bought 3 helmet engrams and got symbiote, and mask of the 3rd man. Bought knuckle head, and already had arachnid. Got obsidion mind for the engrams too, but don't have a warlock anymore.

123rl

Is Red Death a Primary or Special weapon? If it's a Primary then I'm stuck as I don't have a Legendary to replace my Exotic Special

_Legacy_

How does the 'gain an additional fusion grenade' work on the Starfire Protocol? I've used it in pvp on several occasions and can only seem to have one grenade at any time.

Sullichin

How does the 'gain an additional fusion grenade' work on the Starfire Protocol? I've used it in pvp on several occasions and can only seem to have one grenade at any time.
Your grenade meter fills up twice. If you have two grenades ready you'll see a blue bar on the bottom of the grenade icon. It only works with fusion grenades and it doesn't stack with the gift of the sun perk, which would allow you to carry two grenades anyway. With Starfire you can use Viking Funeral or Angel of Light instead and still have two grenades. Kind of underwhelming.

_Legacy_

Your grenade meter fills up twice. If you have two grenades ready you'll see a blue bar on the bottom of the grenade icon. It only works with fusion grenades and it doesn't stack with the gift of the sun perk, which would allow you to carry two grenades anyway. With Starfire you can use Viking Funeral or Angel of Light instead and still have two grenades. Kind of underwhelming.

Thanks for explaining!

Shito

And while there is some truth about the effectiveness of LFG, it's not a solution, more like a patch that doesn't fix the core issue. You just mentioned yourself spending countless hours trying to figure out the RAID, not to mention the time it takes to get with people willing to stick for that long (if they do).....and yet at the same time, you find counter-intuitive to ease up access is some other way...it's a rather odd position to have. But it's a valid one I guess.
Mind you, the fact that it takes so long to complete a raid the first time you go through it is a HUGE positive point in my mind. I really enjoyed seeing my group of friends devise strategies and slowly refine them, permanently talking to each others and knowing that we would not stop until we beat this all together.
I understand that this stance is a bit "extreme", but I think having to "compromise" on that prerequisite of having dedicated players with a mic will lead to a weaker experience in the game.

i know there are some great tlw users i just could never get the hang of it

always feel like you have to be so close at which point i switch to a shotgun

With hip fire its at about fusion rifle range.

Aimed, you can use single shots at decently long range (not hawkmoon/thorn range).

Aimed auto is somewhere between those two. If you can't use it without coming into shotgun range then you probably are better off using something else.

Bradach

It is one of the more difficult bounties in the game if not the most difficult.

I suspected as much. especially for me as I don't spend much time in crucible. Its the death slowing progress that's the worst part. And the fact that only kills with void damage count.

I have an ok void sniper rifle and a maxed out Truth so that will help I suppose.

I'll probably be chipping away at it for a month!

Steroyd

I got the exotic bounty A Light in the Dark.

Thorn will be mine (someday)

It involves a lot of crucible...

All I can say is I hope you have a Word of Crota, which is a much, much, much much better prospect for a primary void weapon , especially after the Atheon Epilogue being hilariously nerfed beyond the shit levels it was already at.

I may accept a Thorn bounty just to try it out.

All I can say is I hope you have a Word of Crota, which is a much, much, much much better prospect for a primary void weapon , especially after the it being hilariously nerfed beyond the shit levels it was already at.

Oh god, I can just imagine how god awful Epilogue is now... *shudders*

I hope you have a decent void heavy.

Gala

Can someone link me a good warlock pve guide with spec and tips? Since my Warlock is already in his mid20s levelwise I want to get him to 30 next, but I really have no clue at all what is good and bad.

Skele7on

Banned
LOL, I just had a conversation on the bus with a complete stranger about Destiny and how Xur is selling Red Death,
he then was like, "oh do you follow @thecryptarch" I smiled and said well I am, showing him my phone twitter,
his face lit up and said "you're so fucking funny we should play together sometime." alas he plays on xbox :(.
We then spoke about the glitches on hard mode and the epic downs of crota we'd had, it was a really cool conversation.

I love this game seriously!

Bradach

All I can say is I hope you have a Word of Crota, which is a much, much, much much better prospect for a primary void weapon , especially after the Atheon Epilogue being hilariously nerfed beyond the shit levels it was already at.

I may accept a Thorn bounty just to try it out.

I have no void primary :(

Oh god, I can just imagine how god awful Epilogue is now... *shudders*

I hope you have a decent void heavy.

I have a maxed out truth :)

"I need to upgrade my Voidfang Vestments, I'll just buy a few green armor pieces to get Hadronic Essence..."

*not enough glimmer left to upgrade*

I dont have Obsidian Mind or Bad Juju :(

What abilities should I use as Voidwalker?

Don't worry, you don't NEED that build. Plus it's mainly for PvE

Personally I use Voidwalker for PvP and PvE. Sunsinger when the PvE content is really tough since it has self res.

For PvP I usually spec axiom bolts with blink and high agility with Voidfang Vestments.

PvE it's usually high armour, fast glide and AoE grenade. Sunsinger is similar but double nade.

You just to have play around a bit and see what you're comfortabe with

I've made a huge mistake !

I bought the Red Death (obviously) and Claws of Ahamkara then I realised I didn't have enough strange coins for Knucklehead Radar :/

I should've bought that first, have way too many warlock exotic armour pieces already and Knucklehead radar is like Obsidian Mind for Hunter...fuck.

Many helmets have that perk, but its unique on Obsidian Mind so its on steroids. Knucklehead is ok for PvP, not that great elsewhere.

EDIT: except for cheesing Nexus, didn't think of that haha.

Shito

I didn't mind the Xur leaks, it avoided me some disappointments and added the prospect of being able to "plan" some real life events without worrying (and feeling somewhat guilty about it) too much about missing something huge.
The Horn.
That being said, Bungie totally sold me on having good old regular Xur back: I'm genuinely excited at the idea of coming home tonight and being able to buy Red Death and play with my new toy. <3

... but I will probably have to finish my last nightfall before that, or else I fear the game is going to troll me and give me Red Death after I just bought it. :D

chewydogg

I bought Skullfort so I'd have an exotic Striker helmet. Also upgraded my Saint-14.

Good show, Xur, good show.

Edit: I already have Red Death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom