• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
all you need to know about TLW:

-fanfire in shotgun range.
-hipfire while airborne and aim for the head. it's the only gun that retains most of its accuracy while airborne.
-use cover (or your teammate's backs) and aim above the chest in all other battles.
-fire before they see you and they'll be dead before they can say hawkmoon.
-aggressive ballistics or you're doing it wrong.
-pace your shots for anyone who's not on your radar (if they're across the map, then just wave).

Shito

I've never read Red Death's description before...

Vanguard policy urges Guardians to destroy this weapon on sight. It is a Guardian killer.

Funny that the last patch made it oh so accurate. :D

bitsurugi

I have used a LOT pulse rifles in crucible after the patch and while i say RD is definitely tierA for pvp right now, it's by no means overpowered or THE BEST weapon to have.

Vex is still a beast, esp with the dmg boost after a kill and thorn/hawkmoon/TLW are still insanely powerful.

RD and all pulse rifles have the drawback that they suffer a lot side strafing, since you might miss with bullet 2 or 3 in the burst, thus negating the 2 HS kill. I'd say use what you like, RD and all pulse rifles are now a (very) good alternative to the old top tier weapons, but are by no means THE BEST.

That imo is good, since i like to have viable alternatives.

Bradach

praedyth's revenge get one = profit
I had a look through my vault and all i have is a Y-09 Longbow Synthesis. It'll have to do for now i Suppose.
I also have Swordbreaker, the shotgun from CE which does void damage but it'll mean getting up close and I have a feeling sniping might have fewer deaths.

You a warlock?
I'm a titan. I was thinking of sniping and when they come for the revenge kill drop a blind bubble. I think I can void punch people too, if I'm not mistaken.

I have used a LOT pulse rifles in crucible after the patch and while i say RD is definitely tierA for pvp right now, it's by no means overpowered or THE BEST weapon to have.

Vex is still a beast, esp with the dmg boost after a kill and thorn/hawkmoon/TLW are still insanely powerful.

RD and all pulse rifles have the drawback that they suffer a lot side strafing, since you might miss with bullet 2 or 3 in the burst, thus negating the 2 HS kill. I'd say use what you like, RD and all pulse rifles are now a (very) good alternative to the old top tier weapons, but are by no means THE BEST.

That imo is good, since i like to have viable alternatives.

Use my Vex a lot i love it, but i did not think the extra damage perk worked in standard pvp.

I had a look through my vault and all i have is a Y-09 Longbow Synthesis. It'll have to do for now i Suppose.
I also have Swordbreaker, the shotgun from CE which does void damage but it'll mean getting up close and I have a feeling sniping might have fewer deaths.

I'm a titan. I was thinking of sniping and when they come for the revenge kill drop a blind bubble. I think I can void punch people too, if I'm not mistaken.

I have heard it doesn't count sometimes... But sticky nades all day long... So armamentarium over Saint 14 I would say

Navid

Red Death is the only exotic weapon I've been missing from my list for a while now so glad to see Xur bring it this week... :D

noomi

The week that i get it lol. Anyway as i said, going to get that lottery ticket.

lol, you have to split the winnings with the reset crew though :D

I suspected as much. especially for me as I don't spend much time in crucible. Its the death slowing progress that's the worst part. And the fact that only kills with void damage count.

I have an ok void sniper rifle and a maxed out Truth so that will help I suppose.

I'll probably be chipping away at it for a month!

Best for this I would imagine would be a word of crota/swordbreaker/truth combo ;)

Deku Tree

I just realized something... BUNGIE is increasing vault space but their not talking about raising the glimmer cap... Ugh... I guess they like us to farm glimmer for hours and that is how they intended us to play Destiny!!!

Skele7on

Banned
I just realized something... BUNGIE is increasing vault space but their not talking about raising the glimmer cap... Ugh... I guess they like us to farm glimmer for hours and that is how they intended us to play Destiny!!!

It'll come, they said there are more features to come/

I had 2k glimmer at weekly reset.

3x nightfall + 3x weekly with glimmer bonus got me to 21k glimmer :)

If you play right you won't need to farm all the time.

Deku Tree

It'll come, they said there are more features to come/

I hope so!

I had 2k glimmer at weekly reset.

3x nightfall + 3x weekly with glimmer bonus got me to 21k glimmer :)

If you play right you won't need to farm all the time.

Hey I know all that and I have about 95K glimmer in my vault however I am not really talking about myself. And if you want to buy IB weapons or if you want to upgrade a lot of exotics with Xur then the 25K glimmer cap requires a lot of farming.

I've never read Red Death's description before...

Vanguard policy urges Guardians to destroy this weapon on sight. It is a Guardian killer.

Funny that the last patch made it oh so accurate. :D

They put that line back in? They removed "it is a guardian killer" a while back.

Shito

Erh.
They should add that line back, now. ^^

Concerning the glimmer economy, I think it's clear they are happy about the way it's working now, and are clearly expecting us to farm for it.
I imagine they will up the cap, or make the glimmer easier to come by when the game finally gets more content to run through... Or if they add a new feature for endgame players, that asks for TONS of glimmer.

Of course Xur sells Red Death right after I got it from
a drop.

And still no Mask of the Third Man. Guess I'll have to try my luck with the engram. Only got enough motes for two tries. Does it matter if I decrypt with my hunter or warlock? I feel like my warlock has consistenly decrypted hunter gear from that exotic engram. I'm going to assume it doesn't matter though.

Skele7on

Banned
Of course Xur sells Red Death right after I got it from
a drop.

And still no Mask of the Third Man. Guess I'll have to try my luck with the engram. Only got enough motes for two tries. Does it matter if I decrypt with my hunter or warlock? I feel like my warlock has consistenly decrypted hunter gear from that exotic engram. I'm going to assume it doesn't matter though.

tell me about it been waiting for mask for WEEKS, luckily it dropped last week for me!

I have no idea why it's been so long since we last saw it.

I should have gone for it when Xur had it, boy I'm stupid. I need a second for other hunter.

noomi

Grind ROC strikes, blue engrams turn into strange coins and motes of light quite frequently.

This, I usually get 2 within 30 min from engrams.

Man, PvP is going to be an even worse Red Death fest! At least Wicked will finally be able to get one.

Yup! A few days of red death insanity with the pvp playerbase crying out that it's OP, and then things go back to normal... and maybe bungie nerfs it back a bit :(

tell me about it been waiting for mask for WEEKS, luckily it dropped last week for me!

I have no idea why it's been so long since we last saw it.

I should have gone for it when Xur had it, boy I'm stupid. I need a second for other hunter.

He has only sold it twice and I think the last time was November 9th.

Steroyd

This, I usually get 2 within 30 min from engrams.

Yup! A few days of red death insanity with the pvp playerbase crying out that it's OP, and then things go back to normal... and maybe bungie nerfs it back a bit :(

I foresaw a pulse rifle nerf, the first time I jumped on PvP with my Red Death, I'm happy that Pulse Rifle's are viable now, but when I'm consistantly taking out Vex users in what doesn't feel like 50/50 fights, you know they cranked the buff up a little too high.

noomi

Hmmm, is there any other way to get pulse rifle telemetries other than from Xur? I remember dismantling a pulse rifle once and getting them as a mat... any other way though?

Bradach

Class items and emblems from speaker.
Re-rolling IB weapon perks.

class items and emblems from Speaker. And used for re-rolling Iron Banner weapon perks (You can spend 40-50 of them on just one weapon to get desirable perks)

Fancy cloaks.

ok, i'll visit the speaker and see if he has anything good to buy. I don't play IB.

I don't really feel the need to have anymore exotic armor now that I have a decent piece for each character.

In the end I might just buy engrams and breakdown the items for exotic shards

Steroyd

Hmmm, is there any other way to get pulse rifle telemetries other than from Xur? I remember dismantling a pulse rifle once and getting them as a mat... any other way though?

I used to get telemetries for maxing whatever class weapon it was and then dismantling it, but that hasn't happened in a long while, so I wonder if it got patched out or something.

Shito

I used to get telemetries for maxing whatever class weapon it was and then dismantling it, but that hasn't happened in a long while, so I wonder if it got patched out or something.
I got one not too long ago, so I don't think it was patched out.
Only works with legendary weapons, though, of course.

Xbox One-players, I'm looking to raid in about an hour, hour and a half. Crota's End, no cheese unless where neccesary.

Let me know if you want in. PM or XBL message (BlueNinja BE).

1. Blue Ninja
2. UNSC Warhead

Steroyd

Woah how did I miss that vault space is being increased... Oh that's right I was drunk on Bloodborne hype yesterday.

No it's just random. I got one recently.

Wow that was RNG? I went through a lucky spell then, ended up with 20+ shotgun telemetries at one point because it happened so often.

Manp

good guy Xur

missing exotics:

Titan:
- Mk. 44 Stand Asides (LOL)

Hunter:
- Achlyophage Symbiote (had the 30 light one but dismantled it when i didn't have an hunter)
- Lucky Raspberry (actually want this one)
- Mask of the Third Man (actually want this one)
- Radiant Dance Machines (LOL)

Warlock:
- Apotheosis Veil
- Claws of Ahamkara

Weapons:
- Hard Light
- Monte Carlo
- Red Death (actually want this one)
- Universal Remote

not bad :|

also have 2xGjallarhorn, 2xThunderlord, 2x 3xDragon's Breath, 4xIcebreaker, 4xTruth, 2xVex, 3xSuros, 2xPlanC and 2xMIDA

only Monte Carlo left :)

noomi

MRW walking up to Xur this morning and seeing his inventory.

jtDfsY9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom