• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

When Crota hard released and those that were able to complete it, really felt special when you got that Glowhoo and showing it off. They should do an PVE content similar to Iron Banner where it comes once a month and it drops an exotic/legendary item specific to that encounter. On that note: Where's my Queen's missions!

YES! That first hard kill was so SATISFYING. After beating our heads against the wall for hours, nothing felt better than killing that fuck. Best "Destiny feeling" to date in my opinion.

I would say wow is pretty much only for hard core gamers tho. No casual 12 year old "gamer" is playing wow. (Iv never played wow, so i might be way off ;) )

Destiny went with the COD formula.

I never played WoW either, but definitely know it's not only for the hard core. A ton of casuals play as well.

Xur was good this week. But now I have 9 sc left. At least I still have my weeklies left to run.

Also nlb hit 331 this morning

Feels so wrong

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Baller inventory, Xur. Well-played.

Please don't hesitate to buy Red Death, I don't care who you are where you're from what you did

rNilla

When Crota hard released and those that were able to complete it, really felt special when you got that Glowhoo and showing it off. They should do an PVE content similar to Iron Banner where it comes once a month and it drops an exotic/legendary item specific to that encounter. On that note: Where's my Queen's missions!
At this point I would gladly play Queen's Wrath in its original form just to have something slightly different to do. Some Level 31-32 gear and 331 weapons would be icing.

Skele7on

Banned
Baller inventory, Xur. Well-played.

Please don't hesitate to buy Red Death, I don't care who you are where you're from what you did

as long as you buy it

Sorry if this has been asked, I skimmed the last few pages and didn't see it... do telemetries boost xp when turning in bounties?

yup

I am already level 9-10 on my titan. I am actually getting used to the jump, it's actually alright. Training as a bubble bro currently so I can then go do solo Crota Normal once I hit 32.....

I will be up for some normal VOG and Crota this weekend if anyone wants to do it?

Shito

At this point I would gladly play Queen's Wrath in its original form just to have something slightly different to do. Some Level 31-32 gear and 331 weapons would be icing.
Yep. I'm still missing a Supremacy, and I'm sure a 331 version of it would be deadly.
I don't get why they couldn't leave it at that while they were working on a revamp of it behind the scene.

331 Supremacy please. PLEASE.
Heh.
Signed.

Deku Tree

I already have two Red Death's and neither are leveled at all. I don't think I need a third. I was going to shard the second one but with news of increased vault space maybe I'll save both for a while.

bosseye

I suspected as much. especially for me as I don't spend much time in crucible. Its the death slowing progress that's the worst part. And the fact that only kills with void damage count.

I have an ok void sniper rifle and a maxed out Truth so that will help I suppose.

I'll probably be chipping away at it for a month!

I did the Crucible bit of the Thorn bounty with Atheons Epilogue and The Crash shotgun. It honestly didn't take me as long as I'd feared, if you can maintain a positive k/d ratio (no matter how slight) you'll gradually chip away at it. I'm pretty piss poor at PvP but managed it mostly with Deaths13, Kills 14 levels of skill. That sort of thing. Its killing Xyor afterwards for the last bit of the bounty, that was hassle, had to rope a mate in for that.

Need one more coin for Red Death, to the ROC strikes I go! Go go blue engrams!

I don't even particularly like Pulse Rifles and generally I've been avoiding buying guns (even exotics) that don't interest me, but I've been in such a loot drought the last month or so I just want to have something new that isn;t a dupe or completely shit.

Cruxist

Hooray! Red Death added to my collection.

I actually need the hunter helmet too, but for once I'm short on coins. D'oh! Oh well, not a big deal, it would be purely for collection sake at this point.

I still feel like yesterday's update was kind of a waste again, but you can't have an update every week with all of your info. I'm a little concerned that we still have one more patch before HoW, but we'll see. Bloodborne will take up enough of my time once it's out that I'm not too worried.

Deku Tree

Deku’s Destiny Hoarder Report: March. 13 Edition

Exotic armor missing Ruin Wings, The Armamentarium, Knucklehead Radar
Exotic Weapons missing Necrochasm
I have all other exotics.

Recent Acquisitions:
Gotten March 13 2015 From Xur Knucklehead Radar
Gotten March 10 2015 From DS Second Red Death (Exotic Shard?)
Gotten March 6 2015 From Xur Helm St 14
Gotten March 1 2015 From Crota Thunderlord
Gotten Feb 24 2015 From Atheon Second Ballerhorn
Gotten Feb 21 2015 From Xur Crest of Alpha Lupi (Titan)
Gotten Feb 13 2015 From Xur Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter)
Gotten January 28 2015 From Nightfall First Ballerhorn!!! (Cosmos got NLB but he has three Horns lolz)

My list is shrinking... thanks biased Xur!

Agent

I now only need Sunbreakers and Radiant Dance Machines to finish off having all exotic armor. I have all exotic weapons already.

Skele7on

Banned
To me the only exotics that are now worth doing that are Icebreaker and the Horn.
And even then, it's just some luxury thing to have.

Yeah IB and Horn and Hawkmoon only dupes I'll keep.

I now only need Sunbreakers and Radiant Dance Machines to finish off having all exotic armor. I have all exotic weapons already.

How do you not have Sunbreakers.... Seriously, HOW!

SAiLO

PuMa

I looked it up this morning and recognized the characters but I still don't remember the theme song from my childhood. And now it's stuck in my damn head.

It's probably the catchiest theme song ever.

Idk..I feel like Snipers have stepped their game up. Supremacy was cool in the beginning but are probably no better than LDR now.

Dat Spear tho

Definitely. I like my Supremacy a bit more than the LDR though.

Wilde

Anyone down to help my level 27 warlock defeat Urzok and beat the final Urn mission?

I'm just waiting for the event to start in Skywatch. Join on me if you can help.

PSID: ZW33

Deku Tree

I need one more 3x spinmetal, relic iron, and spirit bloom daily each... And then I'll have over 800 of each planetary material and I'll be done farming the daily... Thanks everyone who has been jumping into my daily in the morning in the recent weeks!

Sorry if this has been asked, I skimmed the last few pages and didn't see it... do telemetries boost xp when turning in bounties?

No problem at all, telemetries boost all XP gained for that weapon type including bounties, rank up rewards, daily public rewards and just plain kills. The fast way to boost a gun is to complete 8 or 9 bounties, do the daily and just before the end pop the telemtry, that way you get a boost on the daily XP and you still have time to get back to the tower to turn in those bounties. Telemetries last for 30 minutes

E92 M3

No problem at all, telemetries boost all XP gained for that weapon type including bounties, rank up rewards, daily public rewards and just plain kills. The fast way to boost a gun is to complete 8 or 9 bounties, do the daily and just before the end pop the telemtry, that way you get a boost on the daily XP and you still have time to get back to the tower to turn in those bounties. Telemetries last for 30 minutes

Unfortunately dailies don't give weapon XP.

shamanick

Yeah, they boost xp kills also.

Thanks all! Definitely gonna do the daily - turn in max bounties plan.

RetroMG

Hey, Red Death. I just found out that I wanted this Gun, and now Xur sells it. How nice of him.

EDIT: Top of Page!? But I'm so unprepared! I don't know what to do! Um! Buy Red Death today! It's bloody-riffic!

Nailed it.

Ryck

Really? I could have sworn I'd popped levels on guns with the daily, still you've saved me finding a corner to hide in to pop the telemetry now, cheers!
Pretty sure you still get Xp from the kills it's just the activity reward that doesn't go toward your gun. What I usually do is have all my bounties ready to turn in, pop a telemetry, go to exclusion zone and kill majors for 20 min and then go turn in my bounties. Loads of xp.

Homeboyd

Red Death isn't worth the hype to me (though I play VERY little PvP so maybe that's why everyone wants it?). I maxed mine as soon as I saw the pulse buff was coming... used it maybe 2 or 3 times in patrol and haven't touched it since. Cool looking weapon.. definitely decent damage in PvE now thanks to the buff, but doesn't come close to replacing other exotics you could be using in its place. Audio of pulse rifles just makes it sound weak in general. Certainly understand the desire to have it to complete your collections.. but it's just not a standout gun to me at all. Ice Breaker, Gjallarhorn, Thunderlord.. even Thorn, Suros, Vex... all would be used before red death for me. The healing is great in Crota HM, however, once again, Gjally or IB is taking its place 99% of the time. Especially if you have an infusion helm (or exotic with similar healing perks).

I'll give it a go in PvP if I ever revisit that weird thing they call the Crucible.

Looking back at exotics being solid, there reason there is such a divisive line between "Xurners" and "Earners" is due to the fact that Destiny has so little end-game content that can differentiate between people that play a lot and casuals. People do want to be unique and have rare gear to show off - that is nothing crazy. Happens in MMOs all the time. I think Comet and maybe HOW will bring some more exciting changes. What do you guys think? I'd rather get drops than buy from Xur, but don't care about what he sells anymore.

Either way, buff Necrochasm please.

your still "earning" the itiems you buy from xur, SC dont grow on trees. in most cases your earning them more. I remember one atheon hard kill I participated a long time ago. accidently died in the 1st pass. the team finished it up. I was rewarded for my stupidity with a Vex. You can imagine my teamates frustration.

one crucible match I ended 4-15. was rewarded with TLW.

and Im sure alot of people have a story where they hopped in a NF popped 2 shots in the boss and got an awesome exotic.

with Xur items you probably have been grinding weeklies. while not super tough. you did earn it.

Unstable

Anyone down to help my level 27 warlock defeat Urzok and beat the final Urn mission?

I'm just waiting for the event to start in Skywatch. Join on me if you can help.

PSID: ZW33
I'll help you out. Need to take care of my bounty anyway. I'm having trouble finding you on PSN.
How about adding me. PSN is UnstabieH2o (The L in Unstables a I)

Pretty sure you still get Xp from the kills it's just the activity reward that doesn't go toward your gun. What I usually do is have all my bounties ready to turn in, pop a telemetry, go to exclusion zone and kill majors for 20 min and then go turn in my bounties. Loads of xp.

Hmmm now this is some wily thinking, I've always felt I'm 'wasting' that last 20 mins or so of the telemetry a quick spin through exclusion zone will provide me with glimmer (who knew this crap would actually become scarce?) and XP win/win!

Skele7on

Banned
I super hope that HoW info comes soon.

I want more content. FEED ME BUNGIE, I'M STARVING.

Although BloodBourne will keep me amused until HoW I should Imagine...

Need to know release date, so I can book time off...

Ridli

Red Death! Knucklehead!

Xur is gonna get a lot of my coins this week. I may even pick up skullfort. I sharded my last one because even though it's pretty, Helm of Innmost Light gives more value for striker. But that was before infusion became a required perk. The rule now is, don't shard any exotic armor, you never know if it'll be useful in the future.

E92 M3

Really? I could have sworn I'd popped levels on guns with the daily, still you've saved me finding a corner to hide in to pop the telemetry now, cheers!

Yeah, the XP from beating it doesn't go towards weapons. Sucks a lot.

Red Death isn't worth the hype to me (though I play VERY little PvP so maybe that's why everyone wants it?). I maxed mine as soon as I saw the pulse buff was coming... used it maybe 2 or 3 times in patrol and haven't touched it since. Cool looking weapon.. definitely decent damage in PvE now thanks to the buff, but doesn't come close to replacing other exotics you could be using in its place. Audio of pulse rifles just makes it sound weak in general. Certainly understand the desire to have it to complete your collections.. but it's just not a standout gun to me at all. Ice Breaker, Gjallarhorn, Thunderlord.. even Thorn, Suros, Vex... all would be used before red death for me. The healing is great in Crota HM, however, once again, Gjally or IB is taking its place 99% of the time. Especially if you have an infusion helm (or exotic with similar healing perks).

I'll give it a go in PvP if I ever revisit that weird thing they call the Crucible.

Yep, that's what does it for me. I hate how they sound.

your still "earning" the itiems you buy from xur, SC dont grow on trees. in most cases your earning them more. I remember one atheon hard kill I participated a long time ago. accidently died in the 1st pass. the team finished it up. I was rewarded for my stupidity with a Vex. You can imagine my teamates frustration.

one crucible match I ended 4-15. was rewarded with TLW.

and Im sure alot of people have a story where they hopped in a NF popped 2 shots in the boss and got an awesome exotic.

with Xur items you probably have been grinding weeklies. while not super tough. you did earn it.

I know that, just trying to discuss the actual reason those emotions exist. I understand both sides of the argument and it initially bothered me too way back when. This whole problem stems from the fact that there isn't enough content to delineate the core players from everyone else. So, when you have Player X that just got a Red Death from Crota and then he sees Player B that just started playing Destiny 3 weeks ago buy Red Death from Xur, it triggers an instinctive emotion that they earned the weapon and Player B just bought it. It's a fundamental issue with the way the game is designed, how exotics are perceived by the players vs by Bungie and how the game distributes them.

Overall, Xur is very helpful to everyone, but like I said earlier, Bungie needs to put more work in the customization side and allowing players to feel more unique with their gear. That's the crux (heh) of the underlining issue - not enough customization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom