• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

Right, Xbone-GAF. Tackling Hard Mode Crota's End in a bit. Three total noobs looking for some more experienced warriors to take us through the abyss. Any takers?

What level are you guys? I can take you through but I'm still at work. If you're on later today I could do it. But if I recall you're a dirty euro and will probably be sleeping when I get home

Deku Tree

What makes it great? My Warlock uses pulse rifles so I'm tempted by it, but not being able to use any other exotics along with it makes it a tough call. Obviously I'd keep her legendary pulse so I could swap, I just don't see what's compelling from the description.

If you play PvP then everytime you kill a guardian with red death (after it is leveled) you regen your health so you are not in danger of getting killed quickly killed with your low health by another adversary who may be lurking nearby. It also has high impact and kills quickly.

yeah but the impact of a super soaker.

True, but the bottom half of the mag does bonus damage. That could all actually balance out to be decent. It depends on how much bonus damage it does.

If it's like SUROS Regime, where the last bullet is like a 200% increase, that would be awesome.

If it's like vendor item and it's like a +2 damage increase, then fuck it.

If you play PvP then everytime you kill a guardian with red death (after it is leveled) you regen your health so you are not in danger of getting killed quickly killed with your low health by another adversary who may be lurking nearby. It also has high impact and kills quickly.

This also means you can spec your Guardian into Armor instead of Recovery, which will give you more survivability in Crucible. A max armor Guardian can survive a Hunter Tripmine.

I only pick them up if I'm doing the Patrol bounty and it's the only beacon left, AND it happens to be pointing to the next zone I was going to anyway. If it doesn't meet that last criteria, I just drop it instantly.
I've been picking them up/dropping them, in hopes that when I come back through the area, they'll have swapped for something I want to do.

Omg, I knew I wasn't crazy. I've posted a few times that I've noticed the Who's Next? perk procs on every kill.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ussion_how_it_works_weapon_ability_whos_next/

Definitely my experience. It's really not a bad perk. I have a Badger with this and Firefly and it's not hurting for Outlaw. Didn't bother leveling up the IB Gheleon's because it's too similar.
I've got a Secret Handshake with both Who's Next and Spray and Play. When the magazine is empty, it's a blindingly fast reload.
shuluye.png

Sullichin

So does this Iron Banner Auto Rifle have 2 Perfect Balance perks?

It's possible roll in the middle column. The one I have has Cascade, High Cal/Perfect Balance/Skip Rounds, and Crowd Control. It's not leveled up but now that I'm thinking about it, this just looks like a better version of Eidolon Ally

PuMa

So does this Iron Banner Auto Rifle have 2 Perfect Balance perks?

There's another perk with almost the same icon called counterbalance or something. It says it reduces recoil but it doesn't actually affect the stability on the chart. I've always wondered what it actually does.

LordofPwn

The worst is sometimes I've encountered places where all three beacons are VIP but when I do one and come back they all reset.

So beacons have RNG. and sometimes multiple beacons in an area will roll with the same objective, so when you beat one the game has to re-roll the others cause you completed it's objective without activating it.

Also I did VIP Kills way early on so the fact that some people have not completed it yet that have tons of hours in surprises me. I guess i just really liked farming beacons...

Navy Bean

It's decent. It's worth starting a hunter, they're really fun. I prefer my Hunter over my Warlock now. Golden gun and blade dancing are too fun. Not to mention being able to stealth through entire missions.

I got a random Mask of the Third Eye from an engram and figured I'd start collecting Hunter gear from Xur as I don't really need anything for my Warlocks/Titan.

stb

Lol Xur be trolling. I FINALLY have Red Death drop from Atheon Tuesday and then he sells the damn thing today.

When I saw the list of stuff Xur was selling this morning, my brain went:
1) Oh shit, they DID patch megaman's crystal ball
2) OH SHIT! Red Death! Only 3 more exotic guns!
3) Poor Dave. He was so excited Tuesday night.

Shito

So, megaman is saying that next week is Arc Omnigul.
Damn, Bungie, you were supposed to make it come the week after that, while I'm too busy playing Bloodborne to even care for it!
Will boycott it nonetheless, as I do every time it shows up in the rotation. :)

Frenden

Banned
Need:

MIDA
Gjallarhorn
Truth
Monte Carlo
4th Horseman

Alpha Lupi (Titan)

How are you guys liking Red Death? It dropped for me about a month ago and I've been digging it in PvP post-patch. I'd still take Thorn over it in most instances though.

So beacons have RNG. and sometimes multiple beacons in an area will roll with the same objective, so when you beat one the game has to re-roll the others cause you completed it's objective without activating it.

Also I did VIP Kills way early on so the fact that some people have not completed it yet that have tons of hours in surprises me. I guess i just really liked farming beacons...

I always did them while I was farming planetary mats. I mean, that's pretty much where 90% of mine come from.

That said, does anyone know if you get extra depending on the number of people in your fireteam? The same way strikes work?

Alright Xur, thanks for hooking up the Red Death. Now i'm only missing 3 exotics to complete my collection.

The 4th Horseman
Nechrocasm
Lucky Rasberry

Skele7on

Banned
Well, I did have a pair but destroyed them when the expansion came out as I had no intention of Xurbishing them. Of course I regret that now that I am trying to get all exotics.

Ah that makes more sense, I was like HOW, he sold them like 4 weeks straight or something....

Man today at work is long, I want to finish leveling my Titan.

Could you titan vets possibly throw me a screen shot of the best bubble boy setup please?

The Jump on titan isn't half as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Skele7on

Banned
What stats should I be looking for on gear for PvE as a Hunter?

intellect and discipline ALL THE WAY!

I have a 31 Hunter with Crota Armor in every slot except helmet. I bought an engram and I received Arachnid. I have 26 coins. Should I get Red Death or Knucklehead Radar?

RED DEATH, Knucklehead is great for PVP, but it is for PVP only, Red Death is far more versatile and worth the coin.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I have a 31 Hunter with Crota Armor in every slot except helmet. I bought an engram and I received Arachnid. I have 26 coins. Should I get Red Death or Knucklehead Radar?

GhaleonEB

Thanks. I see everyone mentioning PvP, which I don't play, so I think I'll pass on it. Equipping it means no Truth or 4th Horseman, so I wouldn't be using it often.

Dave_6

When I saw the list of stuff Xur was selling this morning, my brain went:
1) Oh shit, they DID patch megaman's crystal ball
2) OH SHIT! Red Death! Only 3 more exotic guns!
3) Poor Dave. He was so excited Tuesday night.

Lol. I said to myself "Are you fucking serious?" when I first saw what he had this morning. Like I said, at least I do have it now.

Thanks. I see everyone mentioning PvP, which I don't play, so I think I'll pass on it. Equipping it means no Truth or 4th Horseman, so I wouldn't be using it often.
If you ever intend to play HM Crota's End, it would be worth the purchase for the health regen unless you have armor with Infusion.

Lol. I said to myself "Are you fucking serious?" when I first saw what he had this morning. Like I said, at least I do have it now.
Yeah, but you had the joy of having it drop for you. Much better feeling, I'm sure. :)

EL CUCO

People only mention it for PvP because Pulse Rifles got the base damage buff and RD is one of the highest impact PR's there is.

It's main bonus "Red Death" is extremely useful for PvE as it heals you after every kill and speeds up the reload.

If you go into HM Crota, Red Death is probably the most useful primary anyone could equip. 2nd overall, only to GHorn (assuming you're on Crota DPS).

Impala26

He mentions they want to improve on the story. That's encouraging.

I wish someone would try to get an interview with Jason Jones. I'd LOVE to read or hear his take on Destiny now, and how it compares to what he had envisioned originally.

I still wonder if it was true that there was a big internal feud that was what basically pushed Joe Staten out and eventually lead to Marty O'Donnell's axing.

It's coo, Staten actually is publishing a new Halo novel due out this fall, "Shadow of Intent".

Have no idea what Marty's been up to though... maybe time to quietly retire, or will he go the Hans Zimmer route and continue to produce music until he dies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom