• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I super hope that HoW info comes soon.

I want more content. FEED ME BUNGIE, I'M STARVING.

Although BloodBourne will keep me amused until HoW I should Imagine...

Need to know release date, so I can book time off...

I am guessing that Bungie teases their patch every week until it releases... and then maybe they start teasing HoW after that... or maybe alternatively they start teasing another patch... lolz

I'm going to have to organize a VIP patrol group tomorrow or something.

Yesterday I loaded up Earth 5 seperate times. Of those 5 times, I checked every zone on Earth and only found 2 VIP beacons. Bleh...

I even loaded up Mars once and didn't find a single one.

rNilla

I'm going to have to organize a VIP patrol group tomorrow or something.

Yesterday I loaded up Earth 5 seperate times. Of those 5 times, I checked every zone on Earth and only found 2 VIP beacons. Bleh...

I even loaded up Mars once and didn't find a single one.

It's rough. Luckily I only needed a few VIP kills when I finally got around to purposely grinding it.

Hmmm, just got A Voice in the Wilderness bounty again. Went to Mars to open chests, not getting the part after numerous chests opened. Last 2 times I did his it came on the very first chest I opened.

Anyone else have it take a while?

Right, Xbone-GAF. Tackling Hard Mode Crota's End in a bit. Three total noobs looking for some more experienced warriors to take us through the abyss. Any takers?

Hmmm, just got A Voice in the Wilderness bounty again. Went to Mars to open chests, not getting the part after numerous chests opened. Last 2 times I did his it came on the very first chest I opened.

Anyone else have it take a while?

Yeah it's totally random. I think the 2nd time I ever got the bounty I opened close to 10 or 12 chest before it popped.

Sullichin

Destiny update plan:

- Xur sells Gjallarhorn
- 1.1.2 update buffs Dragons Breath
- Neither of them are very good in House of Wolves. A new Arc rocket launcher is good against Omnigul and terrible everywhere else

rNilla

This was the original reset time when the game came out. Then came "fall back" DST which moved it earlier an hour. Now spring moved it forward to its original hour.

Fall back isn't DST. It's the return to normal, non-lunacy time. Reset time is built on a lie!

rNilla

It's just crazy inefficient.

It seems like a single VIP kill will average about 12 minutes of time. Thats 5 an hour. I need like 110.

That's 22 hours...

Jesus...

The worst is sometimes I've encountered places where all three beacons are VIP but when I do one and come back they all reset.

So is Bungie finally going to admit they can change Xur to whatever they want whenever they want now?
lol no

Glad he got changed though. I need a Hunter exotic helm, I'm always paranoid when Heavy Synth isn't on sale, and Red Death is going to be a lot more useful to more people than having Universal Remote on sale for the second time in 3 weeks.

Looking back at exotics being solid, there reason there is such a divisive line between "Xurners" and "Earners" is due to the fact that Destiny has so little end-game content that can differentiate between people that play a lot and casuals. People do want to be unique and have rare gear to show off - that is nothing crazy. Happens in MMOs all the time. I think Comet and maybe HOW will bring some more exciting changes. What do you guys think? I'd rather get drops than buy from Xur, but don't care about what he sells anymore.

Either way, buff Necrochasm please.

They need to add more end game stuff you can work towards outside of an RNG system. Being able to buy rare shaders for ranking your factions up way past level 3 for example. Or cosmetic pet or Mag type items/slots that you can buy with motes or ascendant materials.

The worst is sometimes I've encountered places where all three beacons are VIP but when I do one and come back they all reset.

Yeah, I hated the patch that did that. I can't remember which one it was, maybe the patch right after TDB. They changed it so you were less likely to do the same type of beacon more than once, so when you completed X beacon type, all other X beacon types in the same zone were changed to something else.

Stupid change in my opinion.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
It's better to just grind away at the VIP kills. Get a few each day.

I don't even care now that I FINALLY got a Thunderlord.

Striker Titan Class
Fatebringer
Light of the Abyss
Thunderlord

She's getting WRECKED.

Reminds me of that first week when TDB launched. That Arc Burn insta-death broom closet is going to be a nightmare for match-made teams in the weekly! #TeamFatebringer #TeamFang #TeamThunderlord
Yup, have a fully maxed Thunderlord. Should be fun.

Shito

Yeah, I hated the patch that did that. I can't remember which one it was, maybe the patch right after TDB. They changed it so you were less likely to do the same type of beacon more than once, so when you completed X beacon type, all other X beacon types in the same zone were changed to something else.

Stupid change in my opinion.
Yep, and it seems it works more often on the VIP missions than on the stupid "collect" ones. I swear I can have a zone with 3 of them and *every time* none of them change after completing one.

Does anyone really bother with the survey or scan missions? I haven't done those in a really long time, and I get a little agitated when I come into a zone that is full of them.

Dave_6

Lol Xur be trolling. I FINALLY have Red Death drop from Atheon Tuesday and then he sells the damn thing today. Oh well, I now have it regardless. Just need Thunderlord and the 4th Horseman now.

Will be buying the two helms and the Claws though to further fill my exotic collection.

Lima

Everyone in Rumble running around with Red Death today. Will gonna get my last 7 wins easy then. Time to meet my Last Word bitches.

Skele7on

Banned
I am guessing that Bungie teases their patch every week until it releases... and then maybe they start teasing HoW after that... or maybe alternatively they start teasing another patch... lolz

I should imagine that the 1.1.2 will come at the same time as HoW.

But who knows, my only hope is it's not as late as the end of May as quite frankly I don't think I can wait that long....

GhaleonEB

No, obviously they changed the list when they made his stock hidden with the latest hotfix.

I'm guessing they scrambled his wares after the patch.
:D

Baller inventory, Xur. Well-played.

Please don't hesitate to buy Red Death, I don't care who you are where you're from what you did
What makes it great? My Warlock uses pulse rifles so I'm tempted by it, but not being able to use any other exotics along with it makes it a tough call. Obviously I'd keep her legendary pulse so I could swap, I just don't see what's compelling from the description.

Skele7on

Banned
Is the Hunter helm this week worth getting for my future Hunter (that I probably will never start)?

For PVP it's beast, other than that, no.

What makes it great? My Warlock uses pulse rifles so I'm tempted by it, but not being able to use any other exotics along with it makes it a tough call. Obviously I'd keep her legendary pulse so I could swap, I just don't see what's compelling from the description.

PVP and the raid it's really useful as you get the health regen perk, It's a nice little gun with a great rate of fire which holds it's own. I had one and used it for the longest time in PVP before it became a hand cannon war zone.

The site is also super nice on it and it handles well. it feels almost like a BR from Halo IMO.

Is the Hunter helm this week worth getting for my future Hunter (that I probably will never start)?

It sounds like it's a good PvP helm even if one of the perks is PvE specific.

Two head shot bursts = kill. Plus kills instantly trigger your health regen.

Shito

Does anyone really bother with the survey or scan missions? I haven't done those in a really long time, and I get a little agitated when I come into a zone that is full of them.
I used to not like those, but lately I find they are probably the quickest ones to do, with the VIP ones.
If you are just chilling in patrol, I recommend tackling the other missions in your current zone first, and then take one of those that will lead you to another zones with new missions. If you are doing a "complete 6 missions" bounty, I would suggest getting the survey and scan missions as much as possible.

If you have the motes to spare, I'd roll the dice with the helmet engram and see what you get. I've built a full set of Legendary armor for the Hunter I haven't started, including Knucklehead Radar and Young Ahamkara's Spine (all from drops/exotic engrams) so I guess it's finally time.

I used to not like those, but lately I find they are probably the quickest ones to do, with the VIP ones.
If you are just chilling in patrol, I recommend tackling the other missions in your current zone first, and then take one of those that will lead you to another zones with new missions. If you are doing a "complete 6 missions" bounty, I would suggest getting the survey and scan missions as much as possible.
I might do that next time, thanks for the tip. I just remember really disliking what little was involved in each of those (I was hoping for a sneaking around mission or clearing out an area before you could scan), so I stopped.

I feel it depends on the planet, the survey and scan missions always seem to drag me halfway into the Hellmouth on the moon, it would be a lot less irritating if you could queue up a kill n bounty with the scan ones

It's decent. It's worth starting a hunter, they're really fun. I prefer my Hunter over my Warlock now. Golden gun and blade dancing are too fun. Not to mention being able to stealth through entire missions.

I only pick them up if I'm doing the Patrol bounty and it's the only beacon left, AND it happens to be pointing to the next zone I was going to anyway. If it doesn't meet that last criteria, I just drop it instantly.

Yeah, this area was accessable on Day as he mentions in his description. I got excited for a minute, I thought maybe there were some enemies back there or something.

Now...seriously...how do people figure out how to find these places?

It's more that people like trying to find ways to break out of a map, and then once you get out, you see all this geometry in a direction that you know nothing exists.

Sullichin

Omg, I knew I wasn't crazy. I've posted a few times that I've noticed the Who's Next? perk procs on every kill.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ussion_how_it_works_weapon_ability_whos_next/

TL;DR: Kills with this weapon grant a ~3 second reload buff. If your magazine is empty, it drastically reduces reload time. If it isn't, it still provides a minor reload speed increase.

Definitely my experience. It's really not a bad perk. I have a Badger with this and Firefly and it's not hurting for Outlaw. Didn't bother leveling up the IB Gheleon's because it's too similar.

Shito

I feel it depends on the planet, the survey and scan missions always seem to drag me halfway into the Hellmouth on the moon, it would be a lot less irritating if you could queue up a kill n bounty with the scan ones
Hmm, yeah, it's true that a few of them can lead you deep into a "no more mission around" territory. And that kill bounties are easy and fast.
Always take kill bounties first, and then it depends.
All in all, I think I've come down to this: take kill bounties, then take survey / scan / vip.
I more or less skip the collect one as much as I can. Some of them can be quick, but most often than not they are quite a bother and long to complete.

So does this Iron Banner Auto Rifle have 2 Perfect Balance perks?

ztDzOfz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom