• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

He mentions they want to improve on the story. That's encouraging.

I wish someone would try to get an interview with Jason Jones. I'd LOVE to read or hear his take on Destiny now, and how it compares to what he had envisioned originally.

Yeah I was encouraged by that too. Put a cut scene at the beginning and end of each mission and then give each player a setting option in the menu which allows you to auto skip cutscenes or something like that.

And an interview with Jason Jones?
DJC-MISSING_2.jpg

This guy?
I would love to read it but I'm not holding my breath expecting that to happen.

Yeah I was encouraged by that too. Put a cut scene at the beginning and end of each mission and then give each player a setting option in the menu which allows you to auto skip cutscenes or something like that.

And an interview with Jason Jones?
DJC-MISSING_2.jpg

This guy?
I would love to read it but I'm not holding my breath expecting that to happen.

Did he leave Bungie? Can't find anything on him at all.

Manp

Your list is very similar to mine. I am only missing Monte Carlo as well.

I skipped several xur armors simply because for awhile I only had two warlocks. Now that I have all three classes I'm playing catch up. I'm missing like 5 or 6 total now and none that are really that useful anyway. It would still be nice to have them all.

i've only had 3 characters for 1 month and 2 for little more than 2 months so i've had a lot of catch up to do. mostly missing stuff from xur back in the days due to not having strange coins or not having a character to use the gear he was selling.
it feels nice to see progression as in actually getting the gear i miss! of course i get lots of stuff that i already own too.

VoG is still a bitch tho, i've been playing it since launch on my titan and i still don't know if the boots actually exist. same for the rocket launcher, fusion rifle and pulse rifle.

:)

ethomaz

Banned
I couldn't find No Land Beyond to buy on Xur... disappointed.

Xur was magical to me this week... two Exotics I don't have and my list is really near to end.

|WEAPONS MISSING|
4th Horseman
Black Hammer

|GEARS MISSING|
Mask of the Third Man
The Armamentarium

I don't know if I try the Helmet Engram to get luck for the Mas of the Third Man :)

He mentions they want to improve on the story. That's encouraging.

I wish someone would try to get an interview with Jason Jones. I'd LOVE to read or hear his take on Destiny now, and how it compares to what he had envisioned originally.

I dont understand though, their stories were never this bad when on Halo. What happened exactly that it went from that to this...

Shito

Haha, I hadn't seen that BAFTA topic on the gaming side yet.
Hahahahahaha.
My my my, nearly quite as delightful as seeing Mourinho lose this week.

Deku Tree

Yeah I'm pretty sure he didn't sell the company though. Jones is still one of the major owners.

I dont understand though, their stories were never this bad when on Halo. What happened exactly that it went from that to this...

I think they gutted the story and put it in the background because they were designing a game that encouraged you to grind the same missions over and over again.

EL CUCO

I still wonder if it was true that there was a big internal feud that was what basically pushed Joe Staten out and eventually lead to Marty O'Donnell's axing.

It's coo, Staten actually is publishing a new Halo novel due out this fall, "Shadow of Intent".

Have no idea what Marty's been up to though... maybe time to quietly retire, or will he go the Hans Zimmer route and continue to produce music until he dies?
Marty is pretty active on twitter. I'm sure he'll have something in the works soon, if he doesn't already. The man can easily have a job whenever he wants one.

Gordon

Oh Xur. I got my Ice Breaker maxed out a couple days before he started selling it, and now the same deal with the Red Death. At least I haven't dumped mats into that spare low roll Saint-14 from last week yet. Upgrade that little can. The Saint-14 I already had is at 116, so I might end up upgrading both :S

Have you played the first Halo game in a while? It's story isn't anything amazing. The "story" for Halo that people remember as being epic comes from sequels and extended universe (novels mostly in this case).

The first Halo, isolated, is a story about humans running from aliens. Finding another set of aliens that can spawn from Humans. Finding robots who hate everybody and then blowing everything up.

Parts of Halo were even dropped from the canon as soon as Halo 2 went live.

This is part of why I give Destiny a break as far as story goes. It's the new Halo 1. Give it some time, and we'll actually have some good story floating around.

Hiko

Banned
Anyone looking for a solid legendary HC should really take a look at The Chance that FWC is selling. It has a damn good roll with field scout and spray and play. Other than that it's basically the Devil You Know/Red Hand IX in terms of stats. I'm leveling it up right now as a replacement for my old 300 attack Red Hand.

Gordon

Have you played the first Halo game in a while? It's story isn't anything amazing. The "story" for Halo that people remember as being epic comes from sequels and extended universe (novels mostly in this case).

The first Halo, isolated, is a story about humans running from aliens. Finding another set of aliens that can spawn from Humans. Finding robots who hate everybody and then blowing everything up.

This is part of why I give Destiny a break as far as story goes. It's the new Halo 1. Give it some time, and we'll actually have some good story floating around.
God I hope they come at the novels with a better approach this time. Sgt. Johnson's sex scene was excruciating.

Hmm, yeah, it's true that a few of them can lead you deep into a "no more mission around" territory. And that kill bounties are easy and fast.
Always take kill bounties first, and then it depends.
All in all, I think I've come down to this: take kill bounties, then take survey / scan / vip.
I more or less skip the collect one as much as I can. Some of them can be quick, but most often than not they are quite a bother and long to complete.

Yeah I agree that seems the best path, the collect missions also seem to have a random drop chance so sometimes they're 1:1 with kills other times 3:1 or 4:1, so annoying. I actually like the VIP kills as they're ever so slightly more rewarding (12 rep vs 31 rep w/NF and 2 SC)

EL CUCO

After listening to their GDC panel, I'm inclined to believe technical limitations tore this game to shreds. Not only having to develop on last gen, but the engine itself was a complete mess and I'm sure to some degree still is.

I have actually in MCC and Halo1s story still doesn't feel this bad. If anything, its very simple. At the very least, they explain things when they happen. But mostly, the story is super simple.

In Destiny, they mention things that i never knew what they were unless you do research on the net or those grimore cards which to me is just stupid. I have nothing against putting more lore in the cards, but dont put everything in there.

After listening to their GDC panel, I'm inclined to believe technical limitations tore this game to shreds. Not only having to develop on last gen, but the engine itself was a complete mess and I'm sure to some degree still is.

Is it online?

spyder_ur

I heard Iron Banner is coming next week, but I don't see any reference to it? How do people know, and will the damn sniper finally be mine?

Just a bit of an anecdotal story from the PWH household. The kids just got home from school and went to check on xur. They went nuts when they saw red death. Then they went crazy again when the younger one saw that he had 20 coins in his vault. When he realized that it took 23 since it's a primary, he started to puzzle out how to get the last three. Again, he lost it when he remembered that he did the 24 weekly with his 25 alt and had exactly 3 coins on that toon.

Then he had the ultimate "I'm going to Disney land" cheer once he bought it.

Ultimately, he had a much longer and louder period of excitement than when he got hawkmoon from the deathsinger.

Namikaze1

Necro is so weak. Without that grenade, it would have taken you like 5-6 clips to take out the level 30 yellow bar knight holding the key.
I had to use a grenade cause for some reason, primary ammo wasn't dropping for me at all. Juggler wasn't on so it couldn't have been that. I was running low and I didn't know how long I've been in the daily (I try to keep Necrochasm Daily under 15 minutes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom