• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuMa

it's not new. It's on The Steppes inside a tower where you have dredg spawn near the stairs. Poor kid, I'm not leaving. He has already sent me 4 voice messages.

Update: This kid has patience, Ive been standing on the first floor where he can't see me and he's still waiting for the enemies to spawn. smh

Update #2: I've been called a man hore and a he-she in one sentence. That's a first.

Update #3: I have no friends because "You of a bitch you are"

Lol. I don't understand why people like that don't just load another instance.

Skele7on

Banned
it's not new. It's on The Steppes inside a tower where you have dredg spawn near the stairs. Poor kid, I'm not leaving. He has already sent me 4 voice messages.

Update: This kid has patience, Ive been standing on the first floor where he can't see me and he's still waiting for the enemies to spawn. smh

Update #2: I've been called a man hore and a he-she in one sentence. That's a first.

Update #3: I have no friends because "You of a bitch you are"

How old is child? Send parents note with what child have said.

Invite to party and hear the screams of a child being beaten.

rNilla

Some people get really territorial over public Patrol spaces. I don't like getting hate messages for going about my business and playing the game.

Anilusion

Started playing 2 days ago, did my first Strike today and an enemy there dropped my first Legendary Engram. It contained this:
dKmDLC5.jpg

:D I don't even have a single legendary item yet lol.

Is it any good?

Edit: Also, does anybody want to play? I'm level 23 atm but I'm very new to this game, would fun to play with some of you experienced guys.

phen0m24

No such plans. :D

Ah Ghaleon you can do it. :)

THe first part you just need a HUnter or two to survive. Don't Touch Me does the trick.

The bridge is not terrible either. Honestly we've gotten hung up more on the Abyss than anything. Send over a Titan with Flashbangs, blind Gatekeepers and every subsequent GK. If the last person (or two) to go over is a Warlock, if they die, they can always self-res and help out with Ogre duty.

DON'T RUSH THE HALLWAY. IF YOU DIE AFTER THE SCENE CHANGES YOU ARE OUT UNTIL CROTA. really sucky design unfortunately - get killed by purple explody ball? Can't fight Deathsinger! boooo

Deathsinger is the same, and Crota is the same. No chalice means use red death or Infusion helmet. WIth the guys/gals around here, hard mode is basically farm mode anymore.

Is it any good?

YES. Beastly fusion rifle.

:)

Bungie must really not give a shit about people that don't play Crucible. That's like the what 6th Iron Banner event? Inferno showed up recently, new game modes are sometime weekend events.

Was that Queen's wrath really the last PVE focused event? That was months ago for Christ's sake.

Xur, you beautiful bastard. I've been waiting months for Red Death to make its way back into the rotation.

How unbearable is crucible right now with everybody using this thing?

Lnkn52

Bungie must really not give a shit about people that don't play Crucible. That's like the what 6th Iron Banner event? Inferno showed up recently, new game modes are sometime weekend events.

Was that Queen's wrath really the last PVE focused event? That was months ago for Christ's sake.

It's funny you say that because people that play only PVP wine that Bungie doesn't care about them.

Xur, you beautiful bastard. I've been waiting months for Red Death to make its way back into the rotation.

How unbearable is crucible right now with everybody using this thing?

I doubt it'll be that bad. Red Death is effective at mid-ranges and loses out on close and far ranges. Certainly won't be like the Old Suros which was effective at all ranges.

It's funny you say that because people that play only PVP wine that Bungie doesn't care about them.

Yeah, there was a Reddit topic not too long ago titled along the lines of "PvP: Bungie's Forgotten Stepchild" and I had to be like what?! It actually had a lot of good suggestions on how to improve it, but I had to call them out on the title. Between expansions, the only thing that seems to get frequent updates and new stuff and tweaks and events is PvP. Hell, the entire weapon set is balanced around PvP even when it's at the expense of PvE.

Don't know that one either lol

Ah lol. Basically on reset night, you log in and go to orbit and wait there until the reset happens (5am EST now). A few minutes after reset, you can go to the Tower and your rank should be retained while the new stuff should be in the tower. This works (though they might have patched it recently. Haven't tried in a while) for bounties where you would do the same thing, grab the new day's bounties, complete them and turn them in without logging out, and then once you log out and in again those same bounties will be there again as well effectively allowing you to complete them twice a day.

E92 M3

Started playing 2 days ago, did my first Strike today and an enemy there dropped my first Legendary Engram. It contained this:
dKmDLC5.jpg

Is it any good?

Edit: Also, does anybody want to play? I'm level 23 atm but I'm very new to this game, would fun to play with some of you experienced guys.

Congrats! It is pretty good :)

Yeah, there was a Reddit topic not too long ago titled along the lines of "PvP: Bungie's Forgotten Stepchild" and I had to be like what?! It actually had a lot of good suggestions on how to improve it, but I had to call them out on the title. Between expansions, the only thing that seems to get frequent updates and new stuff and tweaks and events is PvP. Hell, the entire weapon set is balanced around PvP even when it's at the expense of PvE.

I had the same reaction as you lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
dKmDLC5.jpg

Is it any good?

it's outrageously good. I don't know if you have any interest in PvP but its unique perk is effective to the point of feeling a bit on the dirty side in the Crucible. During arc burns (which, this week counts cause it's an EVERYTHING BURNS), nothing should take more than two shots to murder.

edit: totally glossed over you level, my apologies- don't worry if a bunch of what I just said means nothing to you. Go try the thing out and blast some dregs apart :)

Has anyone ranked the exotics from 1 to 10. Ofcourse, the Ghorn would be on top.
Gjallarhorn and Icebreaker would be 1 and 2. After that, I think it becomes very situational.

My personal #3 would be the MIDA - it is such a versatile weapon, with utility in all situations.

I doubt it'll be that bad. Red Death is effective at mid-ranges and loses out on close and far ranges. Certainly won't be like the Old Suros which was effective at all ranges.

It's sort of a death sentence though. It's what they do. Sell weapons that are very good and then go ahead and nerf them cause they realize people use them more than they would like them to.

And at first I though it was a mid range only weapon but the more I use the more versatile it's becoming.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Has anyone ranked the exotics from 1 to 10. Ofcourse, the Ghorn would be on top.
I bet some people do in response to your post but I think it's generally a bad idea. They're good at different things in different contexts for different reasons, and that makes them hard to compare. I don't really consider Gjallarhorn a great use of your PvP exotic slot, for example. Monte Carlo is incredibly subpar as an auto rifle for auto rifles' sake, but it makes incredibly fun and crazy builds viable that I wouldn't be able to use otherwise.

Actually... I think Hard Light and Necrochasm are the only exotics I still consider to be truly underwhelming and in need of outright buffs. No Land Beyond as we all know is OP and should have its reload speed nerfed.
I can't wait to try it out. I wonder if the raid pulse rifles are better?
Nothing is better in Pulse Rifle land.

Impala26

dKmDLC5.jpg

Is it any good?

I'm pretty newbish with Destiny as well so, how would you guys say that it compares to the Pocket Infinity (since that nerf)?
Working on the bounty and the Nightfall portion is quite the b**** at level 28 and no fusion rifles better than Rare...

I'd be game, but are you on PS4 or XB1? I'm on the latter.

Feorax

Anyone doing nightfall on PS4? If not I am starting one up.
PSN: w1ssy

Thanks for the run. Shame the rewards were a bit crap, but on the plus side, I got enough motes from the bounty to roll an engram and got Helm of Inmost Light, which is a nice addition to the collection.

Okay got NM DS checkpoint. Thanks Ruthless!

Just gonna go ahead and start. You guys are welcome to come join in. Just shoot me a message before you do though

W1SSY

Does anyone have the gorgon cp on PS4? I would love to have a couple chances at getting a ghallahorn.

Thanks for the run. Shame the rewards were a bit crap, but on the plus side, I got enough motes from the bounty to roll an engram and got Helm of Inmost Light, which is a nice addition to the collection.

Thanks for joining.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I need to grab a Dead Ghost from the Iron Banner Saladin area. Can't believe I didn't get that one before. It should add 10 points to my Grimoire score.

phen0m24

I'm pretty newbish with Destiny as well so, how would you guys say that it compares to the Pocket Infinity (since that nerf)?
Working on the bounty and the Nightfall portion is quite the b**** at level 28 and no fusion rifles better than Rare...

I'd be game, but are you on PS4 or XB1? I'm on the latter.

Hint for the Nightfall portion.

Get into the game, and fire up a Nightfall. On Venus, correct?

Turn around and go the other way. Yup. Go towards every story mission on Venus (the Archive, the Gate Lord??) etc. Find and kill all the level 30 enemies with your fusion rifle. Those enemies count, and makes the 200 kills more like a Patrol mission than surviving the nightfall solo. If you die, you're not in a Darkness zone and can respawn. :)

Enjoy.
That's how I did it.

Deku Tree

Never tried it myself, but this reddit post has all the steps.

That hasn't been working for saving checkpoints since the last patch so IDK...

...if you log in before reset and load up a CP after reset without having logged out then you still had the CP reset. That method worked before the last patch and it doesn't anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom