• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing is better in Pulse Rifle land.

My buddy is over the moon that Xur is selling it. He's a pulse rifle freak (says it is the closest to the Halo battle rifle).

I've tried to like the MIDA so many times, but just couldn't get into it. Am I missing something?

Like I said, personal preference. I love the hair trigger - it allows you get into a rhythm with head shots that no other gun quite has. The walking speed makes Weight of Darkness ×10 a joke. It can stagger any enemy in the game. It's fun.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm pretty newbish with Destiny as well so, how would you guys say that it compares to the Pocket Infinity (since that nerf)?
Working on the bounty and the Nightfall portion is quite the b**** at level 28 and no fusion rifles better than Rare...
They're very different; I love both and have used them both extensively in every context imaginable.

Plan C is by and large "the perfect fusion rifle." It has balanced-but-exceptional stats, hits hard, can hit at fairly long range, respectable mag size, and its unique perk renders ridiculous its already-good charge time. It's just good, in any context.

Pocket Infinity is a completely different beast, and there are no other fusion rifles like it. It starts out as a standard (even subpar) slow-charge, high-impact fusion, but once you unlock its unique perk it's a completely different weapon altogether. With Perfect Balance and some method of speeding up your reload speed, you can use it like a Fusion Pulse Rifle, to devastating effect. It's one of the most beastly weapons in the Crucible even after the nerf, though it does require more skill to use than Plan C by and large. Also does enormous amounts of damage to single targets or packed groups in PvE and can be ridiculously fun during solar burns. After all this time as well as the FR nerf it remains my second-favorite exotic in the game.

By and large, the FR nerf affected all fusion rifles exactly the same way: you can no longer one-shot people from as far away as you could before. This did hit guns like Plan C and PI harder than shorter-range fusions, because their original range capacities were off the charts ludicrous. But that was a necessary change. They're both still very damn good.

TheOddOne

That hasn't been working for saving checkpoints since the last patch so IDK...

...if you log in before reset and load up a CP after reset without having logged out then you still had the CP reset. That method worked before the last patch and it doesn't anymore.
Oh.

They gotta change the whole inventory to No Land Beyond if anybody wants to try it now. Just for the lols.

Impala26

Hint for the Nightfall portion.

Get into the game, and fire up a Nightfall. On Venus, correct?

Turn around and go the other way. Yup. Go towards every story mission on Venus (the Archive, the Gate Lord??) etc. Find and kill all the level 30 enemies with your fusion rifle. Those enemies count, and makes the 200 kills more like a Patrol mission than surviving the nightfall solo. If you die, you're not in a Darkness zone and can respawn. :)

Enjoy.
That's how I did it.

I tested this late last night and upon seeing that they indeed count I was overjoyed.
Especially because I was dying after about every 2 or 3 kills given the Triple Burn... damn it's like Halo LASO lol

phen0m24

Also does enormous amounts of damage to single targets or packed groups in PvE and can be ridiculously fun during arc burns. After all this time as well as the FR nerf it remains my second-favorite exotic in the game.

solar burns (PI) :p

OH SNAP GOT IN BEFORE THE EDIT
I thought

I wish raids dropped more engrams, I wouldn't mind running them again and again. I just don't like this one and done per week. Maybe its because I am so sick and tired of ROC strikes, and at least 1 person AFK.

Maybe I need to step away from this game for a while.

Daemul

My buddy is over the moon that Xur is selling it. He's a pulse rifle freak (says it is the closest to the Halo battle rifle).

It's original iteration WAS the Halo battle rifle, before they gave it a useless RoF increase and nerfed it's impact. I still hope that in the next exotic patch Bungie take back the RD to it's original stat layout, by reducing it's RoF and increasing it's impact, because I want my damn BR back.

E92 M3

Its a great PVP scout rifle. Third eye and movement speed Increase. It's also just a lot of fun to shoot

It sounds like a compression driven nail gun. What's not to like! :p

That's the thing, shooting it and the sound associated with it makes it seem weak. I'll give it a 6th try today lol.

Like I said, personal preference. I love the hair trigger - it allows you get into a rhythm with head shots that no other gun quite has. The walking speed makes Weight of Darkness ×10 a joke. It can stagger any enemy in the game. It's fun.

That stagger potential is what keeps making me rethink it.

Gordon

it's not new. It's on The Steppes inside a tower where you have dredg spawn near the stairs. Poor kid, I'm not leaving. He has already sent me 4 voice messages.

Update: This kid has patience, Ive been standing on the first floor where he can't see me and he's still waiting for the enemies to spawn. smh

Update #2: I've been called a man hore and a he-she in one sentence. That's a first.

Update #3: I have no friends because "You of a bitch you are"
Griefing blueberries? Just another reason why I think public PvE spaces are retarded. Given how grindy this game is, allowing other players to interfere with your progress is bullshit. I hate it when I'm trying to grind a little glimmer and get my hive majors bounty done because there is inevitably some asshat that will come sit on their spawn until I fuck off because he's too lazy to load a new instance. I generally just sit down next to them and afk for an hour or so. Usually fixes it. I'm tempted to intentionally wreck my nat just so I don't have to deal with that idiocy as much. When I got my new modem my nat went from moderate to open and my asshole blueberry problems went from rare to constant.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm using only shotguns due the grimorie stats.

Bungie made the shotguns the best and most fun weapon to use in the game... I want even to get closer to the bosses to see how much damage I can deal with this fucking amazing weapon.

I love it.

Deku Tree

The main thing that I really like about Destiny are the Raids and I'd pay money for a new raid once a month or something like that...

... so I was excited to read about the GTAV "heists" because IGN was saying they were sort of like Destiny raids I think even though I haven't played a GTA game since San Andreas...

... at least they are online four player (?) co-op missions...

...and then I was reading through the GTAV Heists thread and everyone was complaining that you have to get all your friends together, and you have to be at a certain level of progression in GTAV, and then you have to wait for a phone call from a guy named Lester in order to start the Heist and I was like what? I get that in a real life Heist it probably involves getting your gang together and waiting around for the phone call or the right moment or something so waiting might be "realistic" but who wants to group up with your friends and get ready to go on a video game heist and then just sit together waiting for a phone call?

Then I started to play Destiny again...

That's the thing, shooting it and the sound associated with it makes it seem weak. I'll give it a 6th try today lol.

That stagger potential is what keeps making me rethink it.

But it sounds so good!!

It's a low impact scout rifle so I guess it is "weak" relative to other SR's but the stagger seems to be very effective in PVE

E92 M3

Bungie made the shotguns the best and most fun weapon to use in the game... I want even to get closer to the bosses to see how much damage I can deal with this fucking amazing weapon.

I love it.

I wish they adapted the philosophy of making all guns awesome. It would actually to more diverse loadouts.

I love it.

Shotgun vs the tank in the Valus strike is some of the most fun I've had with this game. It's amazing.

KyleP29

I FOUND GJALLERHORN!!!!

I about gave up this week after 3 nightfalls and 8 raid runs netted me nothing but coins shards/energies, and ships. But i hopped on today and thought why not play a bit of crucible and get some bounties to level up some gear on my hunter. My last game i played the majestic Ghorn which elluded me for 350 hours is finally mine!!!!

noomi

I FOUND GJALLERHORN!!!!

I about gave up this week after 3 nightfalls and 8 raid runs netted me nothing but coins shards/energies, and ships. But i hopped on today and thought why not play a bit of crucible and get some bounties to level up some gear on my hunter. My last game i played the majestic Ghorn which elluded me for 350 hours is finally mine!!!!

Congrats!

I FOUND GJALLERHORN!!!!

Nice, congrats. The horns keep on dropping this week..

Impala26

This is opinion as well, all legendaries/exotics should be amazing... not just some...

*edit*

Hi mom

Agreed. I also think that armor and weapons, at least Legendaries or better, should be designed to be continuously upgradable (to an extent) as the post-game becomes larger.

What's the point of different armor customizations if ultimately you're funneled into choosing a select few with the best light stat instead of others that might have a cool design flourish or passive ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom