• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

This is opinion as well, all legendaries/exotics should be amazing... not just some...

*edit*

Hi mom

Yes, unfortunately Bungie doesn't hold that notion.

Quick question guys: if you buy an armour upgrade from Xur, do you have to level it up again? Or does it just increase the stats?

Unfortunately you have to relevel everything like with weapons.

A friend just got the triple from the Gorgon's chest. Red Death, MIDA and Thunderlord. He was rather happy.

Damn, the probability of that happening is so low.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
especially since you can use something else then switch to it only when you grab the heavy
I just don't do this or really like the idea of it, I guess... if you're going to use an Exotic heavy via this method, shouldn't it be Thunderlord anyway? Even before the ammo change...

I actually am not sure I'll ever find a heavy I like more all factors considered than Corrective Measure in the Crucible. the Deviant Gravity with field scout I got recently is definitely working its way into second place

kamicowzi

Banned
We cleared the pit section with no wipes (well, after getting the first chest), and with all six guardians standing at the end. It was up there with the most fun I've had in the game to date. This quickly cobbled together group, with a mix of experience, kept it together in the chaos and emerged as a whole team, recovering every setback along the way. It was so awesome.
)

I second the fact that it was a lot of fun. I think, at least for me, that a lot of it was communication. The guys who ran the raid before explained everything very clearly and seemed really patient. It was a really friendly group...and I think running with a group like that is a big part of the fun of doing a raid. Plus, between last night's CE raid and the noob CE raid I ran with Hawkian, I actually think I know what I'm doing!

SkylineRKR

So I wanted to play a bit of this game again, testing out shotguns and RD. Had to reinstall it first... no biggie.. but then the update of a whopping 2.44gb... which much to my dismay is taking me well over 20 minutes already. Speed won't get past 500kpbs on my fucking 120mb line. Unacceptable.

ethomaz

Banned
Playing on TV again... so good.

CAAGKq3W4AAVim9.jpg:large

I just don't do this or really like the idea of it, I guess... if you're going to use an Exotic heavy via this method, shouldn't it be Thunderlord anyway? Even before the ammo change...

I actually am not sure I'll ever find a heavy I like more all factors considered than Corrective Measure in the Crucible. the Deviant Gravity with field scout I got recently is definitely working its way into second place

Yep. Corrective Measure is my go to if I'm running machine gun (which is all the time basically). Frees you up for exotics in other slots too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Shotgun vs the tank in the Valus strike is some of the most fun I've had with this game. It's amazing.
Have yet to try that one... and my Don't Horse Me build is perfect for it. Thank you for this.
Yep. Corrective Measure is my go to if I'm running machine gun (which is all the time basically). Frees you up for exotics in other slots too.
Yep, I always try to factor that in looking at guns; not being an exotic can be a distinct advantage over other options for the slot. PvP is where a lot of the exotic primaries get to really shine so I enjoy giving them a workout and CM has never led me astray

Kal_El

I would love to start playing with some GAFFERS. I have 32 Warlock & Titan, 31 Hunter. PSN Clark_Kent

Fun Fact: A Guy just offered me $150 + all digital games for my PSN name. Didn't know if he was serious but of course I declined. Had this since 2006.

Hiko

Banned

I think Against All Odds with field scout is the best legendary heavy. It's like the Suros Regime of machine guns.

But really all the machine guns kick ass with the right perk. I recently rolled a Prestige IV with perfect stability that is an absolute monster.

Started playing 2 days ago, did my first Strike today and an enemy there dropped my first Legendary Engram. It contained this:
dKmDLC5.jpg

:D I don't even have a single legendary item yet lol.

Is it any good?

Edit: Also, does anybody want to play? I'm level 23 atm but I'm very new to this game, would fun to play with some of you experienced guys.

I would love to start playing with some GAFFERS. I have 32 Warlock & Titan, 31 Hunter. PSN Clark_Kent

Fun Fact: A Guy just offered me $150 + all digital games for my PSN name. Didn't know if he was serious but of course I declined. Had this since 2006.
More then welcome to add me. Ps4: iRAWRasaurus. I tend to carry new players, pass out gorgon checkpoints and slice crota :)

Navy Bean

I had a Corrective Measure just sitting there gathering dust until a few weeks ago. I decided to level it and give it a try. It's awesome for both PvP and PvE. Very underrated weapon and the clip size is ridiculous - damn thing just shoots forever.

Deku Tree

I am happy to have new Destiny players add me too!

PS4 DekuBleep

My PSN is also in my GAF profile. I have a 32 of each class. And I almost have a Pokemon! :)

Have yet to try that one... and my Don't Horse Me build is perfect for it. Thank you for this.

Yep, I always try to factor that in looking at guns; not being an exotic can be a distinct advantage over other options for the slot. PvP is where a lot of the exotic primaries get to really shine so I enjoy giving them a workout and CM has never led me astray

Don't forget to whip out your sparrow for a quick getaway and make sure to wear a headset for maximum epic impact lol. it's quite a spectacle being up close and personal with some of the bosses

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Why do you like 4th Horseman more than Invective?

Honestly Invective regens ammo and 4th Horseman puts bullets back in the magazine upon a kill. Otherwise they seem the same except for ARC vs SOLAR burn.
I don't even remember ever saying I liked it more, that was a mistake or out of context I guess. My warlock uses Invective, my Hunter uses 4th Horseman, I like 4th especially for Captains and Knights, looks awesome, and I'd been playing with Invective for months and just got 4th Horseman a couple of weeks ago so it feels new

Hiko

Banned
Don't forget to whip out your sparrow for a quick getaway and make sure to wear a headset for maximum epic impact lol. it's quite a spectacle being up close and personal with some of the bosses

I've been too scared to get up close to the tank. I'm definitely going to try that next time with my Judgement VI.

Phogoth goes down like a chump with shotguns. Just keep shooting his weak spot to stun him. His ground smash is pretty easy to get away from.

Deku Tree

I don't even remember ever saying I liked it more, that was a mistake or out of context I guess. My warlock uses Invective, my Hunter uses 4th Horseman, I like 4th especially for Captains and Knights, looks awesome, and I'd been playing with Invective for months and just got 4th Horseman a couple of weeks ago so it feels new

Oh I thought you disagreed with me when I was recommending to someone Invective over 4th Horseman a few days ago. But you made a comment like one or more pages later about my older post so perhaps I misunderstood and you were just saying that 4th Horseman is good.

M3Rocket

In PvE, equipping Corrective Measure (with Surplus perk) is like putting on working Ruin Wings. Or am I delusional?

I had a Corrective Measure just sitting there gathering dust until a few weeks ago. I decided to level it and give it a try. It's awesome for both PvP and PvE. Very underrated weapon and the clip size is ridiculous - damn thing just shoots forever.

Yeah. With Field Scout on, I tend to continuously shoot towards other players if they hit cover and a lot of the time they'll pop back right in to the line of fire because they figured I was surely going to have to reload about now. Nope.

Tempted to give this a try for that same reason though lol (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKHE8PoLCzM)

phen0m24

Feel free to add me as well: On after 9 PM EST but have kind of taken it easy lately with Destiny due to burn out and almost caught them all.

PSN ColonelOCorn

All you guys talking about CM: yeah yeah yeah

My Against All Odds = also Void.

Impact higher than its fire rate.
Aggressive Ballistics.
Counterbalance.
Field Scout.
Feeding Frenzy.

It's like having a Thunderlord which lets me use the Hawkmoon. :)
hugs Hawkmoon

Deku Tree

Feel free to add me as well: On after 9 PM EST but have kind of taken it easy lately with Destiny due to burn out and almost caught them all.

PSN ColonelOCorn

Aggressive Ballistics.
Counterbalance.
Field Scout.
Feeding Frenzy.

hugs Hawkmoon

There is no other HMG that compares to having a Thunderlord.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Killin 4 people at noting that you still have 60+ rounds left is quite the feeling
In PvE, equipping Corrective Measure (with Surplus perk) is like putting on working Ruin Wings. Or am I delusional?
The Surplus perk is great, can roll on any legendary, though I guess I find it to be just about as effective as Ruin Wings, with bouts of inconsistency. and minus the "more in every pickup" of course *shrug*
Oh I thought you disagreed with me when I was recommending to someone Invective over 4th Horseman a few days ago. But you made a comment like one or more pages later about my older post so perhaps I misunderstood and you were just saying that 4th Horseman is good.
yeah they're both grand, I can't believe 4th Horseman is going to have its stability buffed so much (from my perspective, it's of course just being fixed). The two guns could actually use some more to distinguish them from one another

PSN ColonelOCorn

Aggressive Ballistics.
Counterbalance.
Field Scout.
Feeding Frenzy.

hugs Hawkmoon
that sounds extremely tasty

Thunderlord is pure ridiculousness though

Navy Bean

Yeah. With Field Scout on, I tend to continuously shoot towards other players if they hit cover and a lot of the time they'll pop back right in to the line of fire because they figured I was surely going to have to reload about now. Nope.

Tempted to give this a try for that same reason though lol (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKHE8PoLCzM)

That's awesome --- with my aim I should definitely level up Super Good Advice...

phen0m24

There is no other HMG that compares to having a Thunderlord.

Agreed - but using AAO as my HMG lets me use my Hawkmoon. (I have T'Lord too)

Thunderlord is pure ridiculousness though

Agreed. But you are also a Hawkmoon aficionado. :)

Corrective Measure has never dropped for me :(

Luckily I got this from a nightfall right after TDB dropped...

If you ever want to run Atheon I'll help if you press on for the CM. As I recall I think Fig took FOREVER to get one, or she might not have one...

Is there any weapon that has a clip larger than 100?

Literally no, technically yes. Super Good Advice gives you back ammo you missed targets with. Scroll back a page and check out that video about it. NUTS here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKHE8PoLCzM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom