• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thorn bounty. I just finished the summoning pits and now the bounty says to kill 500 hive.
After the strike I dismantled all the blue stuff as usual. Did I inadvertently dismantle a gun I need to finish the bounty?!

Nope, just go kill hive. Majors count a lot, focus on Heroic missions and grind it out fast.

The thorn bounty. I just finished the summoning pits and now the bounty says to kill 500 hive.
After the strike I dismantled all the blue stuff as usual. Did I inadvertently dismantle a gun I need to finish the bounty?!

your good, just go and awaken the hive and youll be done in 10 minutes

Impala26

Newbie Question:

So is there any purpose of Xur's "Upgrade Exotics" function beyond upgrading Exotic armor/weapons that were received prior to Dark Below release? Is there like a stat or passive ability re-roll or anything?

I know it's late reply but ???, I didn't post in a BAFTA thread. Did I miss something?

I assume deku read your post about destiny winning the bafta a farce and assumed your dont post here regularly and only came over to shit on the game.

seeing your post history you do appear to post here often. I am sure it was a misunderstanding

Got Truth from engram.

Have Hunger of Crota almost maxed.

Need exotic shard to max arms.

Keep Truth? When everyone knows Gjallarhorn is best?

No one talks about it, but I wonder if it will get a buff someday because it's an exotic that is topped by a non-exoitc by far right now according to general consensus.

Shito

Guys...

Welcome to my happy day as well! :)
Also got a raise and a bonus at my work.
My last NF tonight better give me a Horn to complete the day!

... guess what?

c8QU113.gif

Missing on that gif are my extatic shouts, and the amused look of my girlfriend when seeing me joyfully jumping everywhere in our home.

I cannot believe it.
I was just doing this last nightfall of the week quickly, and somewhat in a hurry, before buying Red Death, because otherwise I know the game would have just trolled me by giving it to me just after I bought it. I therefore expected to get total crap, like energies and shard. But, this... Wow.
After some 500+ hours of an aggravating hunt, finally, here it finally is.
... Don't know what to say, really.
I feel like the Nintendo kid.
Haven't felt this happy about a game for a loooong ass time.

Best. Friday the 13th. Ever.

Solo CE, here I come! :D

E92 M3

Guys...

... guess what?

c8QU113.gif

Missing on that gif are my extatic shouts, and the amused look of my girlfriend when seeing me joyfully jumping everywhere in our home.

I cannot believe it.
I was just doing this last nightfall of the week quickly, and somewhat in a hurry, before buying Red Death, because otherwise I know the game would have just trolled me by giving it to me just after I bought it. I therefore expected to get total crap, like energies and shard. But, this... Wow.

Congrats! Best feeling ever right?

Got Truth from engram.

No one talks about it, but I wonder if it will get a buff someday because it's an exotic that is topped by a non-exoitc by far right now according to general consensus.

Do you play PvP? If yes, do you like using rockets in PvP? If yes, keep Truth.

If not, shard it.

Newbie Question:

So is there any purpose of Xur's "Upgrade Exotics" function beyond upgrading Exotic armor/weapons that were received prior to Dark Below release? Is there like a stat or passive ability re-roll or anything?

Some of the armor might have better stat rolls (like an extra 20 discipline) but this is for the real no-lifes.

I've done this twice.

Guys...

... guess what?

I cannot believe it.

Awesome. This is horn week, no doubts about it.

sorry narmer and kartik

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Congrats Shito! :D
Newbie Question:

On armor, there is a reroll- look at the stat differential on the one he's offering. For weapons, all exotic weapons are identical.

The main purpose is absolutely just to bring old pre-TDB exotics up to 331 standard.

Shito

Max that puppy out and blow it
No other exotic is going to be equipped on my guardians until this beauty is maxed out.
Sorry little red death I'm going to buy in a few...

Got Truth from engram.

Keep it for void burns.
It melts minotaurs during void nexus.

Deku Tree

I know it's late reply but ???, I didn't post in a BAFTA thread. Did I miss something?

Serious question: you posted this in the worst game of 2014 thread:

Destiny. This game, in my opinion, failed on two fronts:

1. The most bland story I have ever seen
2. Criminal waste of acting talent

Made much worse by the fact I purchased a digital copy.

If Destiny is your worst game of 2014 why do you keep playing it? I am genuinely curious.

Guys...

... guess what?

c8QU113.gif

I cannot believe it.

That's awesome. I am very happy for you. Let us know how Crota goes mano-a-mano.

nOoblet16

Got Truth from engram.

Truth is the best PvP rocket launcher by far. Not even Ballerhorn can compete with it in PvP due to its proximity detonation, huge blast radius and ridiculous tracking. You don't even have to aim, just dumb fire and that thing will still get you lots of guaranteed kills. Also you can have 3 rockets in the magazine and carry 8 rockets in total.

Ballerhorn in PvP is nerfed quite a bit with far fewer clusters and low damage from the clusters. The less aggressive tracking, lower blast radius and no proximity detonation means it can be evaded if the player is fast.

Shito

Fuck my life.
Sorry. :/
I really had a thought for you guys when seeing it pop on my screen.
I will not try to tell you that "your time will come" because I know it doesn't help one bit.
I continue to think Bungie should make Xur sell it, because at this point quite everyone deserves to have it.
And the day he does, I'm still buying some for my alts, and another one I will shard out of revenge. ^^

That's awesome. I am very happy for you. Let us know how Crota goes mano-a-mano.
Can't wait for that fist time I will down him solo. <3

Shito

I remember the days when the Vex rendered reactions similar to the horn. Why can't Bungie make more badass weapons?
Yeah, there should be at least a Horn per DLC / expansion.
We don't care about a balanced pvp, Bungie, we want op weapons!

Rubenov

I remember the days when the Vex rendered reactions similar to the horn. Why can't Bungie make more badass weapons?

Haven't played in about a week (except some quick raid on Tuesday) due to 'giving up' trying to like Hawkmoon and TLW after their nerfs.

I use to play Crucible every day for hours, and while some people think the nerfs weren't a big deal, to me the difference was hugely noticeable. Just killed my motivation to continue playing.

Serious question: you posted this in the worst game of 2014 thread:

If Destiny is your worst game of 2014 why do you keep playing it? I am genuinely curious.

didnt see that. was trying to be helpful.

I understand when people get frustrated at this game but none outright detest it. we play it becuase we love it. I will never undertstand how someone can call a game the worst of the year and still play it. its hyperbole to the max.

ocean

Banned
Got Truth from engram.

I own all of those and I wouldn't say Hunger of Crota outclasses Truth. It's got the cluster bombs which do nice damage to outlying adds but Truth has a unique tracking perk. It's far more aggressive than the tracking on the Horn or the Hunger. Being Void also separates it nicely for Void burns or Praetorian duty.

In all fairness though it's true that for most PvE content HoC is better just by sheer virtue of freeing up the Exotic slot. In PvP however, truth is downright nasty. That rocket simply doesn't miss, no matter how you try to jump away from it.

Rubenov

didnt see that. was trying to be helpful.

I understand when people get frustrated at this game but none outright detest it. we play it becuase we love it. I will never undertstand how someone can call a game the worst of the year and still play it. its hyperbole to the max.

I've played this game more than any other game ever and don't regret it a bit. One of the best games ever IMO.

Their desire to equal the playing field with the weapons doesn't sit right with me. Some people just wanna have weapons that are more powerful than what the rest have.

E92 M3

Yeah, there should be at least a Horn per DLC / expansion.
We don't care about a balanced pvp, Bungie, we want op weapons!

I keep saying that nonstop, but Bungie doesn't listen and doesn't care. Too many cry babies in PVP and Bungie refuses to separate PVE and PVP. We're stuck in a cycle of mediocre weapons that are "balanced". No one plays video games for balance.

Haven't played in about a week (except some quick raid on Tuesday) due to 'giving up' trying to like Hawkmoon and TLW after their nerfs.

I use to play Crucible every day for hours, and while some people think the nerfs weren't a big deal, to me the difference was hugely noticeable. Just killed my motivation to continue playing.

Nerfs are never good, my friend. I am in the camp of bringing other weapons up.

phen0m24

Nope. It's not.

I hope I'm in party when it drops for you.

1) You may faint or hurl
worse than the dog
2) Your weirdo neighbors will come over again to check on you
3) Depending on level of Hard Mode™ you may not remember you have it the next day

Don't sweat it bud IT WILL HAPPEN

Or you'll get the better RL that comes with HoW or something
assuming there is one

Homeboyd

My best reactions were the crux/helm combo and thunderlord. I was rolling solo when I got my first horn, though I thought I might choke on my sandwich I was eating at the time.

Nothing left to look forward to :/

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Everyone's bracing for Red Death to be the new Suros because of Xur, but I'm skeptical. RD is more an acquired taste I think. ARs have always been more popular with randoms than pulses have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom