• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Truth from engram.

Have Hunger of Crota almost maxed.

Need exotic shard to max arms.

Keep Truth? When everyone knows Gjallarhorn is best?

No one talks about it, but I wonder if it will get a buff someday because it's an exotic that is topped by a non-exoitc by far right now according to general consensus.
Truth is best for PVP, especially on big maps. It's useless in PvE if you have Gjally.

Deku Tree

Anybody up for weekly Heroic Strike? I'm level 24, playing on PS4 and my PSN ID is Anilusion.

This is your second time posting I saw. I am not sure if anyone responded to your first post. A lot of people here are doing the weekly 30 and as a level 24 you are not able to get into that or do any damage to level 30 enemies. You know the weeklies have matchmaking now right? There are also the destiny LFG sites if you don't want to try matchmaking. I have tried the matchmaking on the weekly heroic a few times and it's actually quite good.

250,000 glimmer to fully level Red Death. Holy Cow!

That can't be right.

Homeboyd

Truth is best for PVP, especially on big maps. It's useless in PvE if you have Gjally.
Except for void burns of course. I still opt for corrective measure for void burns but HoW will make sure all vog weapons are rendered useless. Never shard an exotic if you only have one. Only dupes.

phen0m24

But I will say, if you camp back between B and C on Shores of Time and get the heavy with the Horn, HOLY CRAP just wait until they try to take either one and BAZINGA.

Wolfpack rounds = multi kill city*

:)

*It happened for me once. I was kinda ecstatic.

E92 M3

My best reactions were the crux/helm combo and thunderlord. I was rolling solo when I got my first horn, though I thought I might choke on my sandwich I was eating at the time.

Nothing left to look forward to :/

Fortunately I was there for 2 of those reactions lol. That's where Destiny shines - nothing beats the crazy reactions to desired weapons. Now you can just play satisfied that all wants are fulfilled.

250,000 glimmer to fully level Red Death. Holy Cow!

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Chase has great mortgages if you need max to your Red Death.

I hope I'm in party when it drops for you.

1) You may faint or hurl
worse than the dog
2) Your weirdo neighbors will come over again to check on you
3) Depending on level of Hard Mode™ you may not remember you have it the next day

Don't sweat it bud IT WILL HAPPEN

Or you'll get the better RL that comes with HoW or something
assuming there is one

Thanks hot stuff. It certainly doesn't affect the rest of my life but dammit is it frustrating. Something tells me I'll be just fine even if I never see a horn drop for me.

That said, I want a fucking horn. So help me I'll get it one way or another.

Anilusion

This is your second time posting I saw. I am not sure if anyone responded to your first post. A lot of people here are doing the weekly 30 and as a level 24 you are not able to get into that or do any damage to level 30 enemies. You know the weeklies have matchmaking now right? There are also the destiny LFG sites if you don't want to try matchmaking. I have tried the matchmaking on the weekly heroic a few times and it's actually quite good.

Oh, sorry. I didn't know there was a higher level version of this as well. I'll just do matchmaking then.

coy

Guys...

... guess what?

c8QU113.gif

Missing on that gif are my extatic shouts, and the amused look of my girlfriend when seeing me joyfully jumping everywhere in our home.

I cannot believe it.
I was just doing this last nightfall of the week quickly, and somewhat in a hurry, before buying Red Death, because otherwise I know the game would have just trolled me by giving it to me just after I bought it. I therefore expected to get total crap, like energies and shard. But, this... Wow.
After some 500+ hours of an aggravating hunt, finally, here it finally is.
... Don't know what to say, really.
I feel like the Nintendo kid.
Haven't felt this happy about a game for a loooong ass time.

Best. Friday the 13th. Ever.

Solo CE, here I come! :D
You called it! I read your previous post and thought it'd be hella cool if you got it and here we are. Grats!

I've gotta be near kartik's playtime and never having seen Gjallarhorn. It's the only weapon left now that the Crux dropped. If it doesn't drop before HoW, so be it.

working together to manage orbs and health has actually been a gratifying experience for me. I mean yeah I'm sure there are a million better ways to make hard mode hard, but this puts the onus on armour and planning, as opposed to having Gjallarhorn and shooting it..

"Left side Knights are ready, anyone got a Super... Wait don't keep shooting-- nevermind. How're the right side Knights looking?"

Not exactly exciting raid mechanics/teammwork imo, haha. I really am glad if other people have fun with Crota, I just can't relate to how they describe their experiences. For example, to me the encounter requires little planning and is the epitome of "shoot GHorn at everything." <Insert GH isn't required disclaimer here> Every Crota feat like solo HM or HM kill as a Lv31 sword is just people doing the heavy ammo glitch then spamming GHorn.

But to reiterate: it's very cool that you've been having fun playing it, and having fun working together. That's what this game and community are all about. I don't ever want my critical posts to sound like people "shouldn't" be enjoying things if they are.

Dave_6

Congrats Shito! I know exactly how you feel. My first 'horn dropped from a legendary engram that I got from leveling up the Cryptarch lol. Could not believe my eyes.

Homeboyd

Thunderlord seems to be so much more rare than gjally. Of course this is based on my personal experience and what I see in this thread and shouldn't hold any weight whatsoever. Just something I noticed. I know some people have multiple TLs and no gjallys but most ppl, like me, had multiple horns before they got a TL. Took me FOREVER to get one.

I've played this game more than any other game ever and don't regret it a bit. One of the best games ever IMO.

Their desire to equal the playing field with the weapons doesn't sit right with me. Some people just wanna have weapons that are more powerful than what the rest have.

Damn, sorry to hear that. Hopefully your "retirement" is as permanent as mine and Rawr's :) haha.

But I completely agree about your weapon balancing points. I haven't played Crucible since our undefeated Inferno dominations. It's just not fun or interesting to me right now. The raids will hopefully keep my interest but you were always a PvP-first guy so I can understand the lack of motivation.

I also agree with your "one of the best games ever" opinion. The lows are very low but the highs are as high as gaming gets. Definitely the biggest spread of any game I can think of right now.

I need to get away from this thread right now.

Anyone have a HM Atheon or Crota CP? I have 45 mins to kill for a shot at the... Uh, weapon that shall not be uttered from my lips until I own one.

Shito

You called it! I read your previous post and thought it'd be hella cool if you got it and here we are. Grats!

Congrats Shito! I know exactly how you feel. My first 'horn dropped from a legendary engram that I got from leveling up the Cryptarch lol. Could not believe my eyes.
Thanks guys. :D

Thunderlord seems to be so much more rare than gjally. Of course this is based on my personal experience and what I see in this thread and shouldn't hold any weight whatsoever. Just something I noticed. I know some people have multiple TLs and no gjallys but most ppl, like me, had multiple horns before they got a TL. Took me FOREVER to get one.
I still don't have a thunderlord.
Now that I have a Horn, it has become my most sought after weapon.

Frostburn

Cool, I'll be running it on my Titan

Hard Mode Crota's End full fun run

1. US-Frostburn
2. iRawr (Swording)
3. Tick221
4. ShikiAoi
5. ethomaz
6. Skele7on

Start when we have 6 good badasses

Edit: About to send out invites!

Thanks for the run all! Didn't even realize I had the HM Crota check point. Good job on the final kill (Teamwork and quick thinking overcame dumb swordbearer AI. Also bridge was hectic and fun!

Deku Tree

"Left side Knights are ready, anyone got a Super... Wait don't keep shooting-- nevermind. How're the right side Knights looking?"

Not exactly exciting raid mechanics/teammwork imo, haha. I really am glad if other people have fun with Crota, I just can't relate to how they describe their experiences. For example, to me the encounter requires little planning and is the epitome of "shoot GHorn at everything." <Insert GH isn't required disclaimer here> Every Crota feat like solo HM or HM kill as a Lv31 sword is just people doing the heavy ammo glitch then spamming GHorn.

But to reiterate: it's very cool that you've been having fun playing it, and having fun working together. That's what this game and community are all about. I don't ever want my critical posts to sound like people "shouldn't" be enjoying things if they are.

What is it that brings you back to the CE raid if it isn't the mechanics? Is it the players?

ocean

Banned
Being one of just 2 weapons never sold by Xûr definitely skews its rarity with regards to other exotics. Being sold, even just once, by Xur gives Gjallarhorn an extremely high ownership rate compared to TL. Harder evidence than the anecdotal we see around here is this old weapon popularity chart, where TL is nowhere to be seen:

Destiny-Top-Weapons-Infographic.jpg

Frostburn

I need to get away from this thread right now.

Anyone have a HM Atheon or Crota CP? I have 45 mins to kill for a shot at the... Uh, weapon that shall not be uttered from my lips until I own one.

Heh I need to do a HM Atheon kill, I have the HM Crota CP if you need it and can help with a kill but I won't be on once my wife gets home since she's bringing me dinner.

Deku Tree

Being one of just 2 weapons never sold by Xûr definitely skews its rarity with regards to other exotics. Being sold, even just once, by Xur gives Gjallarhorn an extremely high ownership rate compared to TL. Harder evidence than the anecdotal we see around here is this old weapon popularity chart, where TL is nowhere to be seen:

Destiny-Top-Weapons-Infographic.jpg

Fatebringer #5?
Murmur #1?
Gjally #6?

That's just crazy.

Homeboyd

I held 30 completed bounties in my inventory and tons of PE packages/telemetries for like a month until TL dropped. Maxed it same day.

Took me til this week from launch to get it. Had like 4 gjallys drop in that time.

I really don't think many people bought gjally from xur. I'd love to see some data on that. I don't think I even knew what strange coins were back then.

ocean

Banned
Fatebringer #5?
Murmur #1?
Gally #6?

That's just crazy.
I think those are cases of relatively rare weapons with really high usage ratios. As in, let's say 25% of the people who own Truth use it regularly whereas 95% of the people who own the Horn use that regularly. One is rarer but used a lot more. I think that explains FB and Horn's high placement despite their rarity.

Fatebringer #5?
Murmur #1?
Gally #6?

That's just crazy.

I think not everyone reached the HM or know those weapons exist compared to the free Murmur from Eris when you complete the first half of the quest and the Ice breakers that have been sold too often.

I held 30 completed bounties in my inventory and tons of PE packages/telemetries for like a month until TL dropped. Maxed it same day.

Took me til this week from launch to get it. Had like 4 gjallys drop in that time.

I really don't think many people bought gjally from xur. I'd love to see some data on that. I don't think I even knee what strange coins were back then.

I never had the chance to buy the Ghally, needed 5 coins to buy it and decided to buy the warlock solar gloves instead

ocean

Banned

I really don't think many people bought gjally from xur. I'd love to see some data on that. I don't think I even knee what strange coins were back then.
I think most people who played since launch on this thread had the coins, even if running a single character. Most of us passed on it because we didn't know how good it was. Check the thread, you'll see a lot of us posting how an Exotic slot was wasted on Heavy and best served in the Primary slot. Or how it was a wiser investment to buy armor to speed up leveling.

I was dumb and got Inmost Light that day :( didn't realize my mistake until a few weeks later. It took a while for the community to figure out what the Horn really was. Most thought it was just a cool RL at launch, it was Atheon runs that opened our eyes. But then it was too late.

Heh I need to do a HM Atheon kill, I have the HM Crota CP if you need it and can help with a kill but I won't be on once my wife gets home since she's bringing me dinner.

I got this girl coming over in about an hour. Not sure if timing will work. I have tomorrow and Sunday to do it if you're around.

Lace

GJDwsJW.gif

Last nights raid inspired me to make this. Damn RNG.

I contemplated switching out the weapon for each loop but the size would just be way too big.

tick221

I didn't even know about Xur until week three or four. I was playing really slowly in the first month.

I remember when the Jelly showed and thinking that I wasn't wasting my coins on a heavy lol. I was lost as hell back then as well, I stumbled across OT3 and it was like seeing the light.

Shito

You sound deliriously happy Shito. Well done on calling it!
Stupidly happy, yes. ^^
I really feel like a kid on Christmas Day, haha.

I didn't even know about Xur until week three or four. I was playing really slowly in the first month.
Same for me.
When was the first Icebreaker? I got carried through my first 9 coins weekly so I could buy Icebreaker, and I've started really paying attention to Xur after that.

[EDIT]
That gif three posts above is amazing!

ocean

Banned
OT3 is a gold mine with people skipping Gjallarhorn.

Astral
09-19-2014, 06:20 PM, Post #19763
The stuff the exotic guy is selling today is lame. Anyone have any luck buying exotic engrams from him?

Frostburn

I remember when the Jelly showed and thinking that I wasn't wasting my coins on a heavy lol. I was lost as hell back then as well, I stumbled across OT3 and it was like seeing the light.

Same, I wanted gear to raise my light level or a primary exotic *Only had one class and character back then so strange coins were hard to come by. Ended up buying a Suros the next week and thinking I made the right choice...

Homeboyd

I think most people who played since launch on this thread had the coins, even if running a single character. Most of us passed on it because we didn't know how good it was. Check the thread, you'll see a lot of us posting how an Exotic slot was wasted on Heavy and best served in the Primary slot. Or how it was a wiser investment to buy armor to speed up leveling.

I was dumb and got Inmost Light that day :( didn't realize my mistake until a few weeks later. It took a while for the community to figure out what the Horn really was. Most thought it was just a cool RL at launch, it was Atheon runs that opened our eyes. But then it was too late.
Oh yeah I definitely remember that. That's what I'm saying... a lot of people (in the entire destiny playerbase) didn't even have the coins but most of the ones who did didn't want to waste them on a rocket launcher. Gjallys seem to drop a lot more than TLs though. Or maybe you hear about them more bc of how fkn good it is. People don't freak out as much about TLs.

ocean

Banned
Stupidly happy, yes. ^^
I really feel like a kid on Christmas Day, haha.

Same for me.
When was the first Icebreaker? I got carried through my first 9 coins weekly so I could buy Icebreaker, and I've started really paying attention to Xur after that.

[EDIT]
That gif three posts above is amazing!
Ice Breaker was sold on week 5. It was Red Death, Gjallarhorn, Suros Regime, Red Death, Ice Breaker. Bungie started off generous :p

tick221

Astral
The stuff the exotic guy is selling today is lame. Anyone have any luck buying exotic engrams from him?

LOL that is priceless

Ice Breaker was sold on week 5. It was Red Death, Gjallarhorn, Suros Regime, Red Death, Ice Breaker. Bungie started off generous :p

That beings back the memories, I bought the suros first then skipped a week and got the Ice Breaker

E92 M3

There was a thread on reddit where people came back and necro-bumped funny responses to skipping the Gjallarhorn lol. Honestly, I don't think Bungie knew how good the weapon was.

Astral

So glad one of my friends pressured me into getting one. Was always short on coins back then so I didn't know if it was worth the purchase or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom