• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSA: GHorn has proximity detonation. It's just a secret, stealth perk that's not actually listed. As if Ballerhorn needed a reason to be more baller.

WP rounds more than offset any difference in blast radius damage and tracking only matters for the big maps (that I personally hate). I've never seen someone out run my Horn but I'd send them a basket of wine and roses if they did, haha.

Truth is only PvP-best on those big maps. And you're the only one that likes to play those anyway, lol.

Before the change, you could get 4-8+ bonus Horns from kills and run it as your primary until the next heavy spawn. Especially in Control, you could lock down areas and use WP rounds and proximity detonation to avoid risking your own neck too much. I was responding to your post about GH in PvP so my post was mainly about that. I also said MG > RL in PvP since the ammo change, but there's still a strong case to be made for RLs. My main point was that GH is the best PvP RL; it's only downside of taking your exotic spot can be easily mitigated with a little planning and teamwork.

I'm not sure what you mean by not liking the idea of switching from an exotic primary to an exotic heavy. It takes 5 seconds and works like a charm as long as the heavy spawn is controlled. Besides I usually need to wait a few seconds for teammates to arrive so it's perfect timing to switch. Keep in mind my PvP opinions are always based on playing with a team. I can't stomach rando matches largely because you can't use team-based strats like these.

As for PvP MG rankings: TLord > Jolders Hammer/Against All Odds w Field Scout > CMeasure. JH and AAO are 3HK with 76 rounds per heavy drop. All of these can use the great trick of "field scout to pick up heavy then switch to another perk." Any MG will work well considering how OP heavy is for Crucible.

Also: I would totally use TLord as my exotic heavy... if I had one. ;_;
I don't like them anymore since heavy doesn't drop on kills.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm gonna try to solo the HM Abyss with my Hunter and MIDA now.
I'm not exactly 100% on the part where the bridge is forming though.
There are actually quite a few ways to handle it. Remember that you can use Vanish multiple times as your super bar ticks down.

noomi

Time to catch up to the thread :D

Guys...

... guess what?

c8QU113.gif

Missing on that gif are my extatic shouts, and the amused look of my girlfriend when seeing me joyfully jumping everywhere in our home.

I cannot believe it.
I was just doing this last nightfall of the week quickly, and somewhat in a hurry, before buying Red Death, because otherwise I know the game would have just trolled me by giving it to me just after I bought it. I therefore expected to get total crap, like energies and shard. But, this... Wow.
After some 500+ hours of an aggravating hunt, finally, here it finally is.
... Don't know what to say, really.
I feel like the Nintendo kid.
Haven't felt this happy about a game for a loooong ass time.

Best. Friday the 13th. Ever.

Solo CE, here I come! :D

Congrats man, legit happy for you :)

Omg this is the best thing ever hahaha, actually made me laugh out loud, golden. Saved!

Haven't played in about a week (except some quick raid on Tuesday) due to 'giving up' trying to like Hawkmoon and TLW after their nerfs.

I use to play Crucible every day for hours, and while some people think the nerfs weren't a big deal, to me the difference was hugely noticeable. Just killed my motivation to continue playing.

This is definitely not what I want to hear about the hawkmoon and this really makes me feel shitty :( my most wanted weapon and I'll never know how awesome it used to be, this crap pisses me off. Almost makes me not even want to try for it anymore....

I hope you will continue to join us for reset raids though. Hyunsai looks like he's out for the time being, I can't do this without you guys!

Don't Touch Me Guantlets and Shadow Jack.

Crouch behind the rock right by the bridge. Only thralls come by there (Usually). When invis runs out, 1 melee hit you are invis again and heal before it runs out.

The suros was the shit when I first started doing VOG. It was the weapon of choice until VoC dropped and the suros was nerfed

That's why these nerfs bum me out. I feel like the very first iteration of the Suros was a fantastic PVE weapon and was perfectly fine that way until Bungie decided to nerf it at the expense of PVE. The Suros has received 3 damn nerfs for Christ sakes all because they refuse to seperate balancing it for PVP and PVE. Why? But they did that for shotguns.

I just really really love the weapon and it bums me out that I don't really use it that much when Scout rifles and Hand cannons are obviously the better choice.

Pray and keep calm.

-Get to the rock like normal.
-ghorn him 6 times.
-win.

If you don't have the Horn (not you, but someone else that may be reading), replace that with the following:

-snipe him to keep him moving left.
-hope he goes behind the big rock to the left.
-once he rounds the rock and starts shooting you, use your super and go invisible.
-jump down and go behind the rocks near the bridge.
-hit the invisibility one more time right before the super runs out.
-when you go visable again, hope nothing is too close.
-wait three seconds abd crouch to go invisible for the last time.
-weight should be lifted soon, and you can then run.

Deku Tree

I got the bridge to form on my second attempt but I had ignored the ogre and he killed me with his laser beam while I was crossing the bridge. It was impossible to avoid. :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Don't Touch Me Guantlets and Shadow Jack.

Crouch behind the rock right by the bridge. Only thralls come by there (Usually). When invis runs out, 1 melee hit you are invis again and heal before it runs out.
I've done it 20+ times now without Don't Touch Mes, once I finally have them maxed it's going to be such easymode... one more bubble I think :)
You just snipe the Ogre with Black Hammer. Easy
If I'm actually solo, I prefer not to even touch the ogre. to each his or her very own.

I don't know why, but I am getting the feeling Xur will sale Gjallarhorn in the weeks leading up to Comet release to build hype.

I expect the loot to be "reset" and start all over with base level 30 loot and characters going to base XP level 30.

Level 20 weapons will all be sunset.

I need to figure out what OT I started actually posting. I browsed all the early ones but never posted because they were too insanely fast to keep up with...

I remember being really sad I skipped the Suros when I heard how good it was in Crucible, and ARs were so good it wrecked faces on VoG runs. I also remember skipping IceB because I loved the stability on my shiny new P&T, and I didn't know how much Impact affected the actual weapon damage. I thought it just made enemies stagger or something stupid.

This is not up to my usual page top standards. Damnit. Away from home so I can't post pics from my PS4. Maybe my dummy Twitter account has something decent saved...

Edit2: bah I'm a mobile/Twitter scrub. Don't even know how to post the picture instead of some stupid Twit link. Kids today and their techno-gadgets.

Calm down there grandpa... Just screenshot and upload via imgur :p

We got a 6-man team going will let you know if a spot opens

Why didn't this occur at a reasonable time? :(

Mindlog

I need to figure out what OT I started actually posting. I browsed all the early ones but never posted because they were too insanely fast to keep up with...

I remember being really sad I skipped the Suros when I heard how good it was in Crucible, and ARs were so good it wrecked faces on VoG runs. I also remember skipping IceB because I loved the stability on my shiny new P&T, and I didn't know how much Impact affected the actual weapon damage. I thought it just made enemies stagger or something stupid.

This is not up to my usual page top standards. Damnit. Away from home so I can't post pics from my PS4. Maybe my dummy Twitter account has something decent saved...

Edit2: bah I'm a mobile/Twitter scrub. Don't even know how to post the picture instead of some stupid Twit link. Kids today and their techno-gadgets.
Goddamn newbs.
:]

I've done it 20+ times now without Don't Touch Mes, once I finally have them maxed it's going to be such easymode... one more bubble I think :).

Nice, I am really enjoying DTM. They were my level 32 gear initially as I was waiting for Hunter Guantlets to drop way back when. Used them so much I actually prefer them over most other Hunter Exotics.

Symbtiote/Third Man among others are certainly very good at what they do, but for PvE, the DTM seem to have the best all around utility. They can even neutralize Lightswitch modifier (Outside OHKO). Really solid option and I still use them regularly.

Too many people were focused on gaming the system and getting stacks of strange coins thorough the exchange with Xur than buying the Ghorn the weekend it was out lol

Here's my post from the day Xur was selling the Ghorn

I bought the Helm over Ghorn that day, but thankfully RNGesus showed mercy and granted me the Ghorn soon after lol

I recently had a look at the Destiny pre hype threads, and pretty much everyone who took part in those is gone, it was really sad to see. Many of those people had defended Destiny pre-release when more and more rumours about it's lack of story and lack of content started coming out, so they were let down the hardest when everything turned out to be true.

So many heel turns took place in the aftermath of Destiny's release, the most memorable of them being Karl Hawks. I have never seen someone go from outright shilling a game to despising it so quickly.

It was crazy back then, we were burning through threads.
Looking back through the OT for the day G-Horn was for sale is funny. It's hardly mentioned at all. All about armor and the Strange Coin cheat. And where was Xur... I still don't recall what it was that made me decide to buy it that day. Glad I did though.

Some of the armor might have better stat rolls (like an extra 20 discipline) but this is for the real no-lifes.

I've done this twice.
hey now, i resembl- er - resent that statement.... ^_^
edit:
(i couldn't resist a 10 pt INT increase for lucky raspberry a few weeks ago, and bought it. then a 160 lucky raspberry comes along... just shoot me now.

yes, i did upgrade it...)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Cool, need 4 more for some sort of raid lol!
1.me
2. shem
3-6. could be you!

I'm in. Never beat CE before. Did the entire raid up to the end 3 times though lol

edit: :|

I'm just waiting around in space. Let me know if you guys need a reserve :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom