• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad Toasty apparently quit. I had so many more episodes of "Toasty Fails/Wins" pictures and gifs in my collection...

I think this is the first time I've posted enough in a thread for people to notice my absence lol

Been playing Monster Hunter which I alluded to moving onto right before it came out. Plus I started uni so I've been busy with that too. I'll probably jump on to buy a Red Death later but other than that, I'm holding out for the next set of DLC. Gotta dilute the exotic pool further so I don't get a Gjallarhorn.

deafmedal

awesome games tonight with Deaf, shem, Sushi, lun, and nasty.. A normal Crota and HM Atheon in no time.

Dragon's Breath and another Suros. Oh well. Deaf got my Hard Light!

Then Deaf and I had some company on the NF and Weekly - hi Dan if you read this!

Now I'm crashing. Peace y'all.
This is the main hook for me, just playing the content with a bunch of cool people. Nice relaxed runs... not too crazy about blowing through checkpoints as I really enjoy playing the raids and some nightfalls/weeklies (heh).

What Hard Light? All I got was an exotic shard :S
:p

good runs man

i'm just now realizing that actually was HM atheon lol.

That's funny! It was cool to run a fresh HM VoG, hadn't caught a group doing a full run in a few weeks.

Best part of the night? Making it to the end of the abyss first time as a whole group without anyone dying then colonel dropping trying to get on the rock and immediately afterwords that gaggle of knights and thralls wiped the floor with all of us. Famous last words... "Wow! We made it here without anyone dropping!"
I jinxed us on purpose <:p

Navy Bean

I finally got my Titan chest to get to level 32 on my 3rd character. What that means is I can screw around in IB next week and try out a "Blink-Shotgun" strategy lol. If you can't beat'em, join'em.

Sullichin

Aw shit. I dismantled the blue sniper I normally pair with TLW in Crucible. I go with a shotgun when I pick any other primary. I suppose the vendor LDR is a decent choice, unflinching + ambush. Good enough

kamicowzi

Banned
My fiancé and I just finished our first Nightfall and the whole time I was telling her to buy an Icebreaker next time Xur sells one. Turns out the RNG gods love her...she got an Icebreaker from the nightfall....and I ended up with the helmet she wanted lol

It was always better. Not sure what you are talking about. TLW beats everything. There is a reason every top player is using it.

There's a reason why I keep saying nerf it. Guns shouldn't have that kind of TTK.

It's been nerfed. Anyone who used it heavily prepatch noticed it.

Unless it's been stealth buffed. This week I've been doing nothing but leveling my Warlock and I wasn't using TLW on it, but I have seen other players using it to varying degrees of success. It could just be everyone is hipfiring now, which is as close as you can get to how TLW used to be before the nerf.

Need Zoba in here.

deafmedal

iEgzsbOaFvkPy.JPG

Still suck and still using! Hated launchers back then... I didn't even know heh. I received Plan C the following week and leveled that first. By that point the word on the horn was out and then I leveled it up. Only had 1 character back then so it took me forever to level those guns... probably week 5 or 6 to finish horn. It took considerably less time to level horn2 ;)

It's been nerfed. Anyone who used it heavily prepatch noticed it.

Unless it's been stealth buffed. This week I've been doing nothing but leveling my Warlock and I wasn't using TLW on it, but I have seen other players using it to varying degrees of success. It could just be everyone is hipfiring now, which is as close as you can get to how TLW used to be before the nerf.

Need Zoba in here.

it didn't really get a nerf as far as effectiveness goes. it's just more inconsistent now. you either hit all your shots or miss every one of them. it's as if RNGesus is sitting on the barrel of the gun.

but it's definitely still the best gun in PvP for DPS. Thorn and Hawkmoon have varying degress of success - especially on larger maps - and there's still plenty of Mythoclasts, Red Deaths, Oversouls, and Stranger's Rifles around. But pure 1v1 fights on most of the maps (especially in Skirmish or Rumble) come down to who has and is good with TLW. A 3 man team who are on point with their shots are unbeatable.

Rubenov

it didn't really get a nerf as far as effectiveness goes. it's just more inconsistent now. you either hit all your shots or miss every one of them. it's as if RNGesus is sitting on the barrel of the gun.

but it's definitely still the best gun in PvP for DPS. Thorn and Hawkmoon have varying degress of success - especially on larger maps - and there's still plenty of Mythoclasts, Red Deaths, Oversouls, and Stranger's Rifles around. But pure 1v1 fights on most of the maps (especially in Skirmish or Rumble) come down to who has and is good with TLW. A 3 man team who are on point with their shots are unbeatable.

It lost quite a bit of range too

nOoblet16

I also find that it's the best primary for doing the heavy ammo trick on HM Crota. Get your ammo down to 32 total. And once the Crota intro starts shoot out the rest before the glass breaks. Then switch to IB and go to town. I am always waiting for like 5 minutes for the rest of my team to get rid of their ammo and I'm like what is taking everyone so long?

If I ever get that I will give it a shot, but the Vex works pretty well too. If I am in a group that just wants to go, it only takes about 15 secs to unload a couple clips, start mission and finish unloading. Swap to icebreaker with seconds to spare.

Both of you are wrong, the best weapon to do heavy ammo exploit is obviously No Land Beyond.

Anyone else find it oddly coincidental that Xur sells Universal Remote and Red Death shortly after a patch buff?

Throw in a few highly sought after armors like HoPF, Saint 14 and a few other rare pieces and it almost seems like they are intentionally throwing out a few bones to keep people playing.

Yeah I was thinking the same. Pulse rifle and shotgun buff, suddenly Xur sells Universal Remote and Red Death. Add in every scrubs' favourite, Icebreaker.

Cherry on top - HoPF, Saint Helm, etc. No doubts this was deliberate.

SgtCobra

Aaah my first hate PM on PSN, wonderful. Git gud and figure out how to get past someone with an Against All Odds before you throw a "camper" card. Thanks for the Dead Man's Hand bounty btw.

Welcome to my happy day as well! :)
Also got a raise and a bonus at my work.
My last NF tonight better give me a Horn to complete the day!
Congrats on your raise! Xûr has been very good to us this weekend.
What did you receive from the NF?

Sullichin

Scrota!!! damn lagging encounter!

Nice kill!

What the fuck, I swear it said I got Crux of Crota but I don't have it in my inventory or at the postmaster.

OMG My materials slot is full and I think thats why I didn't get it. Are you fucking kidding me! Why wouldn't it go in the missions slot. FUCK

Nice kill!

What the fuck, I swear it said I got Crux of Crota but I don't have it in my inventory or at the postmaster.
Thanks, finally got him on the last attempt. i did a HM crota kill before this one and that one was lag+glitch fest as well. I wonder why it's been a laggy glitch fest tonight :/ yeah I saw it dropped. Wtf game

Edit: wtf really damn sorry that happen :(

Nice kill!

OMG My materials slot is full and I think thats why I didn't get it. Are you fucking kidding me! Why wouldn't it go in the missions slot. FUCK

Maybe log out and log back in?

Sullichin

Nope nothing.
I'm pretty positive I saw it drop for me.. does anyone have a screenshot/recording, or did someone else actually get it and I read it too fast?

Nope nothing.
I'm pretty positive I saw it drop for me.. does anyone have a screenshot/recording, or did someone else actually get it and I read it too fast?

It pops on your own screen top right with the other drops. It is not like other Exotics that only scroll at the bottom left.

You can't miss it unless you weren't watching it.

Sullichin

It pops on your own screen top right with the other drops. It is not like other Exotics that only scroll at the bottom left.

You can't miss it unless you weren't watching it.
Ok I suppose it went to someone else and I looked too fast; it wasn't on the top right. At least someone got it and it isn't lost in the ether, assumedly

cilonen

So my Vita long distance remote play experiment sucks.

I just managed to buy red death after many disconnects and fortunately the game hadn't timed me out by the time I could re-establish a connection to the PS4 each time.

No way I can play from here though, so Monday it is.

Day started with waking up with my newly-purchased Red Death and running some Roc Strikes. Having just reached 30, I was surprised by how much easier they were. I'd been running them at 26-28, and they took a while to beat and were pretty much a grind. Well, there difference between running them at level vs. max level differential is amazing. Doing the strike on the moon into the pit with Phosgoth or whatever his name is went down in like 3 minutes with 2 31s. It was ridiculous. It was also relaxing and made me feel like all my hard work patrolling to level up my gear was well worth it. The practice I had put in to learning the strikes at lower levels allowed me to really master them with better gear. It felt damn good. And I got a legendary engram that turned into Do Gooder, not the best gun but a sign of a good day.

Then I hit the Crucible. I'm usually terrible there. But going from a 123 Syzygy as a main to Red Death (even the vanilla version with no healing) was amazing. I could take dudes down in 2 good bursts when it had been taking twice that much. I went up into the top half of the leaderboards and stayed there for the duration of the play session. Got another legendary engram which turned into Truth. At first I thought I was going to shard it to complete my exotic arms, because I had only heard about Gally and Dragon's Breath. But when you guys explained to me that the gun is awesome for PVP, I realized I just got 1/3 of the setup I need to complete the Thorn bounty when I get it (more on that later). Went from no exotic weapons to 2 in 12 hours. Felt fucking great.

Then I got a message from my BFF on PSN Domesplitter13 saying he was going to carry me through CE HM because I had made it to 30 with some hard cases who didn't need a 6th who was going to contribute a lot. Bottom line: it was a grind, but I came out of it with Word of Crota!!! I'm so fired up—finally my first legendary/exotic hand cannon. Feeling good about RNG at this moment at least . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom