• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day started with waking up with my newly-purchased Red Death and running some Roc Strikes. Having just reached 30, I was surprised by how much easier they were. I'd been running them at 26-28, and they took a while to beat and were pretty much a grind. Well, there difference between running them at level vs. max level differential is amazing. Doing the strike on the moon into the pit with Phosgoth or whatever his name is went down in like 3 minutes with 2 31s. It was ridiculous. It was also relaxing and made me feel like all my hard work patrolling to level up my gear was well worth it. The practice I had put in to learning the strikes at lower levels allowed me to really master them with better gear. It felt damn good. And I got a legendary engram that turned into Do Gooder, not the best gun but a sign of a good day.

Then I hit the Crucible. I'm usually terrible there. But going from a 123 Syzygy as a main to Red Death (even the vanilla version with no healing) was amazing. I could take dudes down in 2 good bursts when it had been taking twice that much. I went up into the top half of the leaderboards and stayed there for the duration of the play session. Got another legendary engram which turned into Truth. At first I thought I was going to shard it to complete my exotic arms, because I had only heard about Gally and Dragon's Breath. But when you guys explained to me that the gun is awesome for PVP, I realized I just got 1/3 of the setup I need to complete the Thorn bounty when I get it (more on that later). Went from no exotic weapons to 2 in 12 hours. Felt fucking great.

Then I got a message from my BFF on PSN Domesplitter13 saying he was going to carry me through CE HM because I had made it to 30 with some hard cases who didn't need a 6th who was going to contribute a lot. Bottom line: it was a grind, but I came out of it with Word of Crota!!! I'm so fired up—finally my first legendary/exotic hand cannon. Feeling good about RNG at this moment at least . . .
Thats good to hear :) The Truth is a great pvp RL, once you unlock the aggressive tracking, its hard to get back to any legendary RL w/ tracking. I wouldnt shard any exotics unless you have a spare, just because of collecting reasons :p.

Yeah its pretty easy IMO to be carried thro Crota HM. BTW just for my own curiosity, did you guys encounter alot of weird lag and glitches during the Crota encounter??

Yeah was really fun. stupid sword bearer going nuts!

Ugh dont get me started... I did another Crota HM kill a little bit ago and the whole time it was a massive teleporting, glitch and lag fest.

nOoblet16

Guys I have two hunters (one is 32 the other is 31, I'm not upgradingbhim because it's a waste of shards as I will delete him soon and I can switch armour between the teo anyway to run hard crota) and one warlock right now (need just +36 boots to hit 32 level).

My question is, should I delete my second hunter and get a new titan up (already have gear to hit ~26-27) the reason I want to do this now rather than waiting for all level 31 gear to drop and then make the character like I did for my warlock is because of Iron banner next week. I can just grind IB and buy level 32 gear that way.

Do you guys suggest I do this ? Cause if I don't then I'll probably have to wait for weeks for the armour to drop in Crota. I've played IB before as a level 27-28 and managed to hit rank 4 on my own but it took a lot of time.

Skele7on

Banned
Thats good to hear :) The Truth is a great pvp RL, once you unlock the aggressive tracking, its hard to get back to any legendary RL w/ tracking. I wouldnt shard any exotics unless you have a spare, just because of collecting reasons :p.

Yeah its pretty easy IMO to be carried thro Crota HM. BTW just for my own curiosity, did you guys encounter alot of weird lag and glitches during the Crota encounter??

Ugh dont get me started... I did another Crota HM kill a little bit ago and the whole time it was a massive teleporting, glitch and lag fest.

Oh really that sucks! I don;t know what the hell is going on recently it's got a lot worse!

At least we managed to save our run because it's just a pain otherwise.

Anyone character leveling jump in on me we can do it together level 14 and bored.

Guys I have two hunters (one is 32 the other is 31, I'm not upgradingbhim because it's a waste of shards as I will delete him soon and I can switch armour between the teo anyway to run hard crota) and one warlock right now (need just +36 boots to hit 32 level).

My question is, should I delete my second hunter and get a new titan up (already have gear to hit ~26-27) the reason I want to do this now rather than waiting for all level 31 gear to drop and then make the character like I did for my warlock is because of Iron banner next week. I can just grind IB and buy level 32 gear that way.

Do you guys suggest I do this ? Cause if I don't then I'll probably have to wait for weeks for the armour to drop in Crota. I've played IB before as a level 27-28 and managed to hit rank 4 on my own but it took a lot of time.
Make a titan now, reach lvl27 before the reset and find some people to carry you through normal Crota's end.

Thanks rawr, but you don't have to log in just on my account.

3x, either is fine.

Okay, I shall load up the normal one first. And its fine. My Tv/Ps4 is right next to me :p
563df7aed9fd5081a62fd95780282f7f1401613255_full.jpg

Namikaze1

It's gonna be livestream so you all can watch us fail miserably in our attempt to clear VoG with NLB. I'll be livestreaming. I'll post the link to it once it is closer to raid time.

It's gonna be livestream so you all can watch us fail miserably in our attempt to clear VoG with NLB. I'll be livestreaming. I'll post the link to it once it is closer to raid time.

I will be out most of the day, hope it is archived or uploaded when done.

If it goes well enough, you might get featured in the weekly update.

Gordon

Oh my sweet Jesus I just looked at the weekly update
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO NERF THIS TIME?!?!! Heavy ammo and shotguns cost us auto rifles and fusion rifles.. monsters..

Odd that you don't have Truth, Xur has sold it 3 times. If you have Gjallarhorn it's not a huge loss though. It's mainly cool for its tracking :p

Yes, I could have barely afforded it one of those times, however, that was when I only had one character bringing in coins and money was tight. Passed on it in hopes of better loot later.

Now I have 3 characters bringing home the bacon so I can get whatever now. Regret not doing it earlier since managing 3 characters isn't as much additional time as I thought.

Deku Tree

Does anyone want to do Ritual of Sacrifice, the final mission of the Eris quest chain?

I could certainly finish it solo, but I always thought it would be fun to do with 2-3 Guardians, since at the end we would all get swords and be slicing and dicing up a room full of Hive. You can only do the mission once per character, so this would be kind of a rare opportunity to have fun with what is in my opinion on of the game's best missions.

I will try to get started in 10-15 minutes if anyone is interested.

I'm really disappointed that this mission and also the thorn strike are both not on the map. Two of my favorites in the game and hard to play repeatedly. :(

Imagine the thorn strike as a NF with void burn that gives a guaranteed exotic? So good.

Just realized that Xur hasn't brought a Vanilla Heavy Exotic since last December when he had Truth. Very few Heavy's at all with Dragon's Breath coming twice and nothing else in the last 3 months.

ocean

Banned
I'm really disappointed that this mission and also the thorn strike are both not on the map. Two of my favorites in the game and hard to play repeatedly. :(

Imagine the thorn strike as a NF with void burn that gives a guaranteed exotic? So good.
Well to be fair the Thorn version of Summoning Pits is the same thing with the Epic modifier no?

I'd like a Vanguard Playlist where all Strikes are Epic. Plenty of enemies being extra aggressive and shielded. More Marks / Rep / % RNG.

I've never done it. Even though it sounds fun, I have a hard time wanting to do it since the reward is useless to me.

ocean

Banned
Just realized that Xur hasn't brought a Vanilla Heavy Exotic since last December when he had Truth. Very few Heavy's at all with Dragon's Breath coming twice and nothing else in the last 3 months.
Well there's just too few Exotic heavies. The Vanilla 4:

Super Good Advice: Bounty so never sold
Gjallarhorn: OP so never again sold
Thunderlord: fuck you Ocean, not selling this for no good reason
Truth: 3x sold

Well to be fair the Thorn version of Summoning Pits is the same thing with the Epic modifier no?

I'd like a Vanguard Playlist where all Strikes are Epic. Plenty of enemies being extra aggressive and shielded. More Marks / Rep / % RNG.

Xyor strike is basicially a Nightfall with no burn. It's a legitimately difficult mission.

ocean

Banned
Xyor strike is basicially a Nightfall with no burn. It's a legitimately difficult mission.
Yeah, that Epic modifier changes things. Shields and sheer number of enemies and how they shoot nonstop, it's nice. A full playlist of that would make things fresh.

Well there's just too few Exotic heavies. The Vanilla 4:

Super Good Advice: Bounty so never sold
Gjallarhorn: OP so never again sold
Thunderlord: fuck you Ocean, not selling this for no good reason
Truth: 3x sold

Oh yeah, I totally get that, but it is the same story for Specials, but hasn't stopped them from giving each one its day in the sun.

Pocket Infinity -> bounty
Invective -> bounty
Ice Breaker: 4x
Patience and Time: 2x
Plan C: 3x

Why the hell not Thunderlord even once, lucky RNGesus blessed me with it 3x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom