• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sorry Kadey been playing all day... thanks for joining us.

No problem. Yesterday was the first time playing crucible against in months. I think I would rather play with a group now. I'm not really feeling handcannons like other people. Trying to figure out what works best for me.

Is there a AAA game with a heavy multiplayer focus that takes less skill to snipe than Destiny?

I've always been horrible at sniping but this game is like baby's first sniper rifle game. The aim assist is practically like GTA's snap aim and there's basically zero affect when someone's shooting at you. Throw in all the perks these things can carry and you can almost shut your eyes and get kills. No wonder so many people just sit back all day and use these.

I'm game for the NFs (x3)

What time would work for you tomorrow/today (Sunday EST)?

Hope the trip was nice :) better then my spring break hahaha.....T__T
I can load the gorgon checkpoint for you and kill Crota HM whenever if I am available

Thanks for offering my friend, I would really appreciate any help tomorrow after I get a few hours of sleep. And I enjoyed the beach at Punta Cana but I'm so happy to be back in my apartment, I spent about 6 days there and I found out that I'm the type of person who only enjoys a short 2-3 days vacation instead.

Thanks for offering my friend, I would really appreciate any help tomorrow after I get a few hours of sleep. And I enjoyed the beach at Punta Cana but I'm so happy to be back in my apartment, I spent about 6 days there and I found out that I'm the type of person who only enjoys a short 2-3 days vacation instead.

Wb Darryl. I should be around tomorrow evening if you need people to run stuff.

I'm a total homebody, hate being away for more than a few days at a time unless it's for a damn good reason. So I can definitely relate.

grief

Sorry dudes who were looking to get Crota together, I got tired and am heading to bed. But I think there's enough of you now to go on without me. Give him hell for me.

1. CREMSteve
2. slightconfuse
3. Jeeves
4. Jeeves +1
5. moris
6. Ditters

Haha well perhaps I should say its was significantly effecting the performances of the encounter :p

Yeah I should be able to make the reset raids. I will keep going as long as people still want to do the. But I only have ~ 3-4 hours now due to daylight saving and school stuff. Next time I wont be able to make it is prob near the end of April and early May. Meh we can always take it slow till HoW and see what happens then. I dont blame people for losing interest due to the lack of content.

Cool, sounds good. Like I've always said, I just have fun playing with everyone and never cared about loot so I hope we can still do reset stuff just for fun. Shorter sessions will probably be good for everyone anyway. Just bust out some NM Ds+Crota, Atheon, and maybe HM Scrota or NFalls if we feel like it. Shouldn't take more than 3 hrs max for that.

I'll try to get in touch with Yzen and Smith, haven't seen them post for a while now. Some of my non Gaf buddies have always asked about reset raids or we could find a Gaf replacement.

Well I upgraded my Universal Remote from the 300 to the 332 version.

Will I have to do it again in House of Wolves? Will they make it a better process? These are the questions I ask ._.

Lace

Will I have to do it again in House of Wolves? Will they make it a better process? These are the questions I ask ._.
If they do I probably will stop playing. I'm very interested to see how they address the outdated armor and weapons. At a certain point leveling up the same weapons ruins the experience.

No one knows. All we have heard is that they won't make the same mistake again. Whatever that means.

What time would work for you tomorrow/today (Sunday EST)?

Thats good to hear. I am similar as well and prefer short vacations or just relaxing at my own place doing whatever I want :p
Cool, sounds good. Like I've always said, I just have fun playing with everyone and never cared about loot so I hope we can still do reset stuff just for fun. Shorter sessions will probably be good for everyone anyway. Just bust out some NM Ds+Crota, Atheon, and maybe HM Scrota or NFalls if we feel like it. Shouldn't take more than 3 hrs max for that.

I'll try to get in touch with Yzen and Smith, haven't seen them post for a while now. Some of my non Gaf buddies have always asked about reset raids or we could find a Gaf replacement.
Sounds good. I will prob continue to do the weeklies reset stuff. Then Bloodborne which will be a good amount of DestinyGaf I believe haha.

Bungie did manage to have good ideas, great art design, gameplay mechanics and etc. But the lack of content, and RNG to some players, is game breaking for alot of us. Personally TDB should have been a free update within 2-3 months....Meh anyways..plus the game has been out since September and many of us have been playing since then. That's about 5-6 months for a single game. I am sure there's plenty of people burnt out on it especially with the lack of content.

I can never get past death singer on hard mode. Those boomers are hard as hell to get past.
Are you trying to kill them? Its easier to ignore the lvl33 major boomers since they are bullet sponges.

One of the devs, Luke Smith maybe, posted in the thread saying they are changing exotic weapons upgrade for HoW.

they said it would be a different process in a Q&A i saw

but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be better lol

what I'm wondering is if there will be any use for radiant materials outside of rota equipment? i kinda want to stockpile a bunch just in case there is a use

If they do I probably will stop playing. I'm very interested to see how they address the outdated armor and weapons. At a certain point leveling up the same weapons ruins the experience.

That's why I stopped playing the first time, but no game I've played since has that same...rush of this game in terms of shooting feedback and getting good loot.

No one knows. All we have heard is that they won't make the same mistake again. Whatever that means.

Yeah...I went to go buy an exotic shard right now and was 2 coins short, so I ended up buying a helmet engram and sharding that. I wish you could use motes of light to do more things than just class items and engrams. Like, give an option to use 10 motes to buy a shard or something.

I have faith that Bungie can make their systems better, they've already done alotta good since I've stopped playing.

One of the devs, Luke Smith maybe, posted in the thread saying they are changing exotic weapons upgrade for HoW.

<3 That's good.

they said it would be a different process in a Q&A i saw

but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be better lol

what I'm wondering is if there will be any use for radiant materials outside of rota equipment? i kinda want to stockpile a bunch just in case there is a use

Hrm. I wonder how different. As for the bolded, they've shown they're resistant to 'stockpiling'-With the Vanguard token changes, with the raid gear for Crota requiring different materials for upgrading....

Lace

Thats good to hear. I am similar as well and prefer short vacations or just relaxing at my own place doing whatever I want :p
Sounds good. I will prob continue to do the weeklies reset stuff. Then Bloodborne which will be a good amount of DestinyGaf I believe haha.

Bungie did manage to have good ideas, great art design, gameplay mechanics and etc. But the lack of content, and RNG to some players, is game breaking for alot of us. Personally TDB should have been a free update within 2-3 months....Meh anyways..

Are you trying to kill them? Its easier to ignore the lvl33 major boomers since they are bullet sponges.

Yea, tried running past them but getting one shot (and the number of them) makes me feel like I should be killing them.

GhaleonEB

Finally slogged through enough of Eris' quests to hit rank 4. Mass conversion of Radiant Energy --> Shards ensued.

CAHc2H_UUAEyirp.jpg%20large_zpsl9dg1lxp.jpg

My wife thinks I'm crazy when I tell her I just want a vacation to play video games all day.

Vacations are hard work when bringing kids along and they are always expensive.

A couple days with my PC/PS4 would be a wonderful break.

EL CUCO

Finally slogged through enough of Eris' quests to hit rank 4. Mass conversion of Radiant Energy --> Shards ensued.

CAHc2H_UUAEyirp.jpg%20large_zpsl9dg1lxp.jpg
I want that emblem. The couple times I've ran into a Bungie guy in the Crucible I go extra hard to beat them but I never get it.

I guess 1 or 2 BNG guys on a random day dont qualify lol

Edit: I think that's the emblem...now I'm not sure haha

Yea, tried running past them but getting one shot (and the number of them) makes me feel like I should be killing them.
What level are you? Hmm if I remember correctly, it takes 2 shots from the boomers to kill a lvl32. What are you doing if you dont mind me asking? Normally it takes a second or 2 for the boomers to shot at you, which takes a second before it reaches you. So as long as you can see the boomers shooting you, you should be able to move out of the way. For the sword knights, welp the floor is lava :p so keep bunny hopping. But pretty much, be mobile as much as you can :)

Whats the recommended level for the Crota raid? 30? Could a 29 do it?
You cant start Crota's End HM as a lvl29. Hmm well it varies since it depends on the player and which sections as well. For the abyss and bridge (legit) any lvl30 or 31 will have a tough time due to the level scaling since the adds are lvl33. For lvl31 players, there is a 42% damage penalty. For lvl30 players, there is a ~52% damage penalty. Even at max lvl 32 players, there is a ~32% damage penalty due to the scaling, which "makes" Crota's End hard mode..hard..

But for the Crota fight itself, a lvl30 or 31 are fine as long as they are able to avoid the adds that shoot, which are only the boomers and ogres, once the adds are killed inside the crystal room.

For new players to the encounter itself, it depends on how confident the player is :) welp there might be a few wipes just to understand the stats but thats it really..and the glitches that can happen..

edit: whoops! I misread what you said &#65288;&#12288;&#65439;&#1044;&#65439;&#65289; thats what I get for trying to study and answer your question. haha anyways, you can start CE normal mode as a lvl27 but I would recommend lvl30 to feel like you're contributing to your fireteam due to the level scaling as mention above :p

I have every Crota Raid weapon except Black Hammer now. Looks like it is normal mode from now on.

This better be the week cuz Bloodborne is coming.

#ForeverNoBlackHammer

ethomaz

Banned
Thanks guys for the 2x Crota HM kill.

I got another Crux... I can trade it for a 4th Horseman :D

PS. You can do fine Crota NM with lvl 29... you can even solo most of the parts.

You cant start Crota's End as a lvl29. Hmm well it varies since it depends on the player and which sections as well. For the abyss and bridge (legit) any lvl30 or 31 will have a tough time due to the level scaling since the adds are lvl33. For lvl31 players, there is a 42% damage penalty. For lvl30 players, there is a ~52% damage penalty. Even at max lvl 32 players, there is a ~32% damage penalty due to the scaling, which "makes" Crota's End hard mode..hard..

But for the Crota fight itself, a lvl30 or 31 are fine as long as they are able to avoid the adds that shoot, which are only the boomers and ogres, once the adds are killed inside the crystal room.

For new players to the encounter itself, it depends on how confident the player is :) welp there might be a few wipes just to understand the stats but thats it really..and the glitches that can happen..

I see. Next week you'll see me asking ;) When VoG came out, I assembled a rag tag team of /v/ users and we managed to get to the last boss within a few hours of release. SO I THINK I'M UP FOR TAKING DOWN CROTA, YA KNOW. *coughcoughyoucanrecruitmenowiwon'tblameyouifyouwantthishotnessonyourteamcoughcough*

I see. Next week you'll see me asking ;) When VoG came out, I assembled a rag tag team of /v/ users and we managed to get to the last boss within a few hours of release. SO I THINK I'M UP FOR TAKING DOWN CROTA, YA KNOW. *coughcoughyoucanrecruitmenowiwon'tblameyouifyouwantthishotnessonyourteamcoughcough*

Sorry I kinda misread your question at first. For some strange reason I was thinking you said "Whats the recommended level for the Hard Mode Crota raid? 30? Could a 29 do it?" :p but i edited it in my previous post.

I want that emblem. The couple times I've ran into a Bungie guy in the Crucible I go extra hard to beat them but I never get it.

I guess 1 or 2 BNG guys on a random day dont qualify lol

Edit: I think that's the emblem...now I'm not sure haha

how do you know who's a bungie guy?

just know their psn names?

Bradach

I have a question about sharing a checkpoint with my alts.
If I load my crota CP and a friend joins. Do I just change character to my alt and join my friend? Will my alt then have that checkpoint or do I have to do something else so that the CP is saved for my alt?

ocean

Banned
I have a question about sharing a checkpoint with my alts.
If I load my crota CP and a friend joins. Do I just change character to my alt and join my friend? Will my alt then have that checkpoint or do I have to do something else so that the CP is saved for my alt?
Never confirmed it myself but I've heard you have to wipe once you load into your friend's instance on your alt for him to get the checkpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom