• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

phen0m24

Pocket Inifinity bounty question. Need some help in figuring out what I need to do for the final task, 200 Nightfall kills with fusion rifle.

First I want to say that I don't normally do Nightfalls, play alone most of the time. But my understanding is that this Shattered Memory Fragment bounty, I don't have to finish the bounty, and no penalty for deaths. So seems with a little persistence, it is still a bounty I can complete solo.

So that takes me to my question: do I have to go a certain ways into the Nightfall so that kills count? I jumped into solo Nightfall last night to try it out. Killed a handful of enemies with fusion rifles right around the Strike spawn point. Checked the bounty meter afterwards - still 0/200. Thanks.

They have to be enemies the level of the strike. If they are level 30 or higher they will count.

Edit: and actually you don't have to finish the Nightfall itself. If you turn around once starting the Nightfall strike, and roam the world and kill level 30 enemies - they count as being in the Nightfall. They are in darkness zone areas, where the story missions take place. I did that on Venus when the Nightfall was the Archon Priest.

Akai XIII

Pocket Inifinity bounty question. Need some help in figuring out what I need to do for the final task, 200 Nightfall kills with fusion rifle.

First I want to say that I don't normally do Nightfalls, play alone most of the time. But my understanding is that this Shattered Memory Fragment bounty, I don't have to finish the bounty, and no penalty for deaths. So seems with a little persistence, it is still a bounty I can complete solo.

So that takes me to my question: do I have to go a certain ways into the Nightfall so that kills count? I jumped into solo Nightfall last night to try it out. Killed a handful of enemies with fusion rifles right around the Strike spawn point. Checked the bounty meter afterwards - still 0/200. Thanks.
You need to kill with a fusion rifle.

Must kill level 30 enemies with fusion rifles during nightfall. You can go to other areas of the map, you're not just limited to the nightfall location. As long the the enemies are level 30 and you kill them with a fusion rifle, the kill will count.

On mars, I found the dust palace area was the best and fastest way to get those kills. Lot of level 30 psions and vex that can be one shot with a fusion rifle, and they respawn pretty quickly.

Thrak360

Neo Member
They have to be enemies the level of the strike. If they are level 30 or higher they will count.

Edit: and actually you don't have to finish the Nightfall itself. If you turn around once starting the Nightfall strike, and roam the world and kill level 30 enemies - they count as being in the Nightfall. They are in darkness zone areas, where the story missions take place. I did that on Venus when the Nightfall was the Archon Priest.
Ah okay, I'm sure that's it. I know there were some enemies near the spawn point that weren't 30. Now i know not to bother with them. Ugh Phalanxes seem like they'll be a pain with this bounty lol.

Thrak360

Neo Member
Must kill level 30 enemies with fusion rifles during nightfall. You can go to other areas of the map, you're not just limited to the nightfall location. As long the the enemies are level 30 and you kill them with a fusion rifle, the kill will count.

On mars, I found the dust palace area was the best and fastest way to get those kills. Lot of level 30 psions and vex that can be one shot with a fusion rifle, and they respawn pretty quickly.
Thanks for the Dust Palace tip!

Ah okay, I'm sure that's it. I know there were some enemies near the spawn point that weren't 30. Now i know not to bother with them. Ugh Phalanxes seem like they'll be a pain with this bounty lol.

Don't bother with Phalanxes in the starting nightfall area. Go elsewhere, the other lvl 30 enemies won't have the nightfall modifiers (No angry :)

Just backtrack yourself towards scablands > buried city > dust palace and kill every 30 on the way, then farm dust palace.

Thrak360

Neo Member
Don't bother with Phalanxes in the starting nightfall area. Go elsewhere, the other lvl 30 enemies won't have the nightfall modifiers (No angry :)

Just backtrack yourself towards scablands > buried city > dust palace and kill every 30 on the way, then farm dust palace.
Ah that's smart. I like that, avoid the nightfall modifiers. I'll find a nice place to farm 30s next time I give it a go.

Falifax

Awesome. That was quick.

Want to start from beginning, do abyss + bridge then skip deathsinger and go to crota checkpoint? Or crota straight away?

I personally wouldn't be mad if we would do one or the other, it's up to others if they want to do the whole thing or just Crota.

E92 M3

Was Destiny acting very weird yesterday for anyone else? Crota was all over the place, servers were kicking me off, random parties were connecting together and long load times.

Was Destiny acting very weird yesterday for anyone else? Crota was all over the place, servers were kicking me off, random parties were connecting together and long load times.

I was having network issues last night. Having trouble with parties and load times.

Daemul

Maintenance was happening yesterday, so the game was acting weird all day.

just played the laggiest match of my life on skyshock. jfc nobody was dying and i was being killed by blink strikes 5 seconds after i'd already emptied a full clip of sniper, rockets, golden guns and knifes into them. even got killed by an interceptor and they weren't even on the map.

bosseye

just played the laggiest match of my life on skyshock. jfc nobody was dying and i was being killed by blink strikes 5 seconds after i'd already emptied a full clip of sniper, rockets, golden guns and knifes into them.

Man, I've had a few of those. Ridiculous lag on occasions. Its normally rock solid for me though.

I need to jump back into the Crucible at some stage, got the PvP part of the Invective bounty to do.

And I now have 180 points required to hit Eris Level 4. Hopefully done this evening then, exchange 6 radiant energy for shards, upgrade the last bubble on my raid wellies and BOOM 32 I do believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom