• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So what are the best legendary pulse rifles right now?

Seems like for exotics Red Death is the go-to with Juju right behind it.
That's all the exotic pulse rifles, lol

Gonna be Three Little Words and Oversoul Edict at the top I believe. Praedyth's Timepiece behind that, old school Super Pox VLO (pre-TDB). And that's the extent of my pulse rifle knowledge
OK, i correct my statement, it does a whoopy 11k dmg at close range! :D
that's what I'm talking about.

Are you a compulsive reloader? With Suros, you have to keep in mind the bottom half of the mag does more damage. That's why you'll seemingly get killed by one instantly while it seems to take forever for you to get the kill. All it takes is 7 or 8 bullets from the bottom half of the mag to get a kill in IB (not sure about regular). I usually fire off the first half immediately because of it.

I definitely am, but I tend to keep Glass Half Full perks in mind. I just tend to get red barred by the thing. Most times I've lost to it have been against players with poor connections.

Two Horseman and a Dragon's Breath in 3 days.
Shit is ON!

Hawkmoon, 2x Ice Breaker, 2x universal remotes, Mida Multi-tool, Thunderlord, second Vex, 2nd patience and Time, Nexrochasm, Red Death, another set of: MK 44 stand asides, helm of inmost light and crest of the alpha lupi.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Cant wait to abuse all those annoying Nightfall Psions with my Void Two to the Morgue with Shot Package.

So what's the word on ARs? Used Vanquisher VIII and Up For Anyting, and didn't notice much of a difference. Nerf didn't seem necessary for PvP.

deadduck

necrochasm and praetorian foil are my only remaining checkboxes on the weapon side! I wannem!

I love the foil, one shot oracles on HM VoG feels great. Wish it was void as I still take a 77 for the praetorians, swordbreaker might be a better option now though.

Frostburn

I got two Hawkmoons, an Ice breaker and a ballerhorn within 24 hours, so I would say yes, they did. THAT'S DEFINITIVE PROOF.

Just to balance this, I have received a total of 0 Exotics this week after 3x Nightfall, 3x Weekly Heroic, 3x Gorgon chest, 3x HM Atheon, 3x HM Crota and 1 HM Deathsinger. I've got just two chances left from Deathsinger.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I love the foil, one shot oracles on HM VoG feels great. Wish it was void as I still take a 77 for the praetorians, swordbreaker might be a better option now though.
I'd use the crap out of it, it's my preferred type of fusion. 77 Wizard was my go to for Praetorians in the olde days too, I have a void Plug One now that mirrors it very closely and does the job quite nicely. But swordbreaker looks like a current king of the hill for them, it just blows them apart.

Steroyd

Bungie need to axe that auto rifle bounty and change it to just headshots, fuck nerfing Auto Rifles based on stats because of that POS bounty.

Event: Iron Banner
"Focused Aggression" Bounty can now be completed with headshots from Pulse Rifles, Scout Rifles, and Hand Cannons

General
Fixed an issue in which armor with perks that increase ammunition carrying capacity resulted in ammunition loss upon respawn

PVP
General

Crucible maps will be less likely to repeat in Matchmaking rotations for full Fireteams
Guardians no longer drop heavy ammunition when killed in PvP

Fusion Rifles

Widened blast pattern on a Fusion Rifle burst cone

User Interface
Character inventory screen now displays faction reputation and weekly mark counters

Bow_zps3ogjafir.gif

This is one fucking beautiful patch.

Edit

Bug was introduced in 1.1.1 patch that caused the Vex Mythoclast to spawn with less ammo in the magazine and reserves in PvP
This weapon was affected by overall Fusion Rifle changes because it is treated as a secondary weapon
We intend to correct this issue in a future release

But they still had to break something lulz.

Sullichin

I'm very happy for the rep counters in my inventory screen now.. but damn, I'm surprised how ugly that drop down button is on an otherwise flawless UI

hydruxo

Suros feels so off now, I mean it has for a while but it's just bad now.

Ugh it was my first ever exotic back in September and I used to love using it. It's slowly become shittier and shittier every month because Bungie thinks the answer is to just nerf ARs into the ground.

Zoidberg

Patch in general looks good, they are getting there slowly. Heavy ammo thing in pvp is odd, I wonder why they decided it was neccessary?

Happy I bought 2 felwinters and rerolled one to be void with luck in the chamber, hammer forged and crowd control. Halfway through the bad juju bountry as well, its nice to know the weapon is something to look forward to (even though it was decent before the patch).

Steroyd

Suros feels so off now, I mean it has for a while but it's just bad now.

Ugh it was my first ever exotic back in September and I used to love using it. It's slowly become shittier and shittier every month because Bungie thinks the answer is to just nerf ARs into the ground.

Yeah never understood that, Auto Rifles/Assault Rifles are going to be the most used class weapon in every FPS in existence, no amount of nerfing is going to promote other weapon class usage.

Nuszka

So waiting for ammo resup , sponge is at 3% lol
Edit: so what did i get for soloing sponge with no burns - 12 fucking coins lol, tottaly worth it

ethomaz

Banned
... and still not get it.

I was running oracles for weeks after TDB came out and never even saw anyone get Foil. I did get 2 Praedyth's revenges in one drop once, though.

This is why my #2 "wish" for Deej was raid tokens (#1 and #3 were both vault space).
I saw the weapon dropping to another guy :(

I got my 5th Fatebringer instead from the Tempar :p

I have more 2x Oracles to try to get it this week.

Sry guys I'm dumb. Played some hard mode Crota today after playing normal for way too long. Sorry for the confusion. 1900k against level 30 thrall, and 1000k for level 33 thrall.

Damage drop-off when you're below enemy level is huge, I believe it 66% at 1 level below and almost half at 2 levels below.

Steroyd

Patch in general looks good, they are getting there slowly. Heavy ammo thing in pvp is odd, I wonder why they decided it was neccessary?

It neuter's the snowball effect in pvp matches, just like supers begets supers, nova bombing a team that just picked up their heavy ammo means they drop a lot of fucking heavy ammo for that one person which will be sitting there whether they die 100 times trying to get back to that spot.

RetroMG

Who wants to go run Normal Mode Crota with me?

1. RetroGamer42 (RetroMG)

(Swordbearer wanted, inquire within.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom