• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

Why the fuck is Asylum a Clash map?!
LLShC.gif

Why the fuck is Asylum a Clash map?!
LLShC.gif

ya

if your team doesn't feed each other supers and watch each other's backs, you've lost. i used to like it for rumble and skirmish, but clash made me hate it. i've only won one game on this map by a hair's breadth.

Because it is amazing and chaotic in a good way and has great map flow.

if chaotic means the other team blinking from one side of the map to the other to spawn kill, then sure.

it's too small.

It's amazing in Control, and I still enjoy it there, but it's a terrible rumble map.

Exodus blue is the exact opposite. Great for Rumble, terrible for Control.

i don't like control on anything other than Cauldron.

bitsurugi

OK, my fire dmg Felwinter's Lie one shots a Fallen Captain, thru shield, from full HP. It also oneshots wizzards. Also Majors are 2 shot, nearly 1 shot from CC. (RoC strike)

Running Striker titan, red death/shotgun combo. Shotgun is actually better then heavy from CC. A defender can drop bubble near Omnigul, possibly with blind for adds, all 3 go full shotgun on her.... gg.

It's beautiful.

What isn't beautiful it's RNG. Still broken. Got 2 legendary engrams and a ship from 4 strikes. Yay, my luck, esp since one engram is heavy wep... and i still need Thunderlord.

Except....

... ship is a double, BOTH engrams turned into 2x 2 asc energies.

Obligatory jump from the tower.... sigh.

All those Grimoire card fixes, and they still haven't fixed Darkness 3 unlock (Lunar Facility-Earth Ghost) that's been an issue since the game's released ffs.

Guess I'll also find out tonight how shitty Abyss Defiant is now due to the type-wide nerfs on ARs.

Now I know why they didn't want to add MM to Heroic...

Level 27, doing lvl 30, just getting blown the fuck up. Then the 31 Titan was trying to melee and Shoulder Charge everything, probably not a good idea since Lightswitch is on!

phen0m24

Working as intended.

I'm confused at what I'm seeing. The heavy ammo glitch was when you die, you lose rockets. Going to orbit is not the same thing - at least in my opinion.

You should try using the heavy pack, run into enemy fire and dying, respawning and THEN checking your heavy ammo quantity to see if it decreased.

I don't think the bug was ever expecting your ammo counts to stay the same after quitting and restarting the activity... But if I'm wrong I'll totally accept it.

I'm confused at what I'm seeing. The heavy ammo glitch was when you die, you lose rockets. Going to orbit is not the same thing - at least in my opinion.

You should try using the heavy pack, run into enemy fire and dying, respawning and THEN checking your heavy ammo quantity to see if it decreased.

I don't think the bug was ever expecting your ammo counts to stay the same after quitting and restarting the activity...

The bug, as described by bungie in a weekly update, was based around ammo creation priority. Which occurred during respawn and drop in from orbit. While the patch notes are worded in a way that its possible they only fixed the respawn part, I can't imagine that would have been easier to do coding-wise.

Patch notes:
Fixed an issue in which armor with perks that increase ammunition carrying capacity resulted in ammunition loss upon respawn

Do we have any other Hunters out there with full raid gear that can try this?

Or anyone else at all to see if its just an orbit thing?

I'd like to lock this thing down.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nope, before I had looted all the ammo when I first noticed it...

also, reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...a_heavy_ammo_still_disappears_after_going_to/

I don't think the bug was ever expecting your ammo counts to stay the same after quitting and restarting the activity... But if I'm wrong I'll totally accept it.

I'm a lot more interested in whether a loss still occurs after a cutscene. The Dark Within is a great place to test this out...

noomi

I will try this, and maybe I'm mistaken about the whole thing. Although I do remember bungie mentioning heavy ammo loss when going to orbit, whether or not that was classified as a bug I am not sure.

phen0m24

The bug, as described by bungie in a weekly update, was based around ammo creation priority. Which occurred during respawn and drop in from orbit. While the patch notes are worded in a way that its possible they only fixed the respawn part, I can't imagine that would have been easier to do coding-wise.

I've never thought my ammo should remain if I left the game to go to orbit and then went back in - it's like I hit the reset button, no? But when dying on Crota having JUST used a heavy pack and someone dies and we wipe on purpose in the Crystal room, I respawn with 5 rockets. Not sure if that fix is in, but if I now respawn with 7 rockets, I'm happy.

EDIT: Holy crap and I just spent like 75 coins on heavy packs too.
Wow my heavy ammo might last until HoW

Hoodbury

I will try this, and maybe I'm mistaken about the whole thing. Although I do remember bungie mentioning heavy ammo loss when going to orbit, whether or not that was classified as a bug I am not sure.

I read it the same as Colonel. The patch note for it is:
Fixed an issue in which armor with perks that increase ammunition carrying capacity resulted in ammunition loss upon respawn

I don't consider going to orbit as a respawn.

So maybe there were two bugs and they only fixed one of them? Or maybe the go to orbit and start a new encounter thing is working as intended? Could you try going to orbit, starting a new one then repeat and see if you go from 7 to 5 to 3? Or do you stay at 5?

Axoman

They specifically mentioned the loss of ammo from going to orbit or after a cutscene.

From the weekly update where they first said they were fixing it:

You love Heavy Weapons. The purple glow of ammunition is a promise of future enemy annihilation by way of your favorite Rocket Launcher or (even better) belt-fed Machine Gun. You buy it in bulk when you visit the Gunsmith. To get the most bang from your space bucks, you equip armor that lets you carry more of the stuff. Unfortunately it turns out that those deep pockets have metaphorical holes in them.

Thus, you tend to lose your coveted ammunition when one of the following happens in a PVE activity:

You die
You return to orbit
You encounter a cutscene

Shito

I've never thought my ammo should remain if I left the game to go to orbit and then went back in - it's like I hit the reset button, no? But when dying on Crota having JUST used a heavy pack and someone dies and we wipe on purpose in the Crystal room, I respawn with 5 rockets. Not sure if that fix is in, but if I now respawn with 7 rockets, I'm happy.
You keep your primary and secondary ammo when hoping from planet to orbit to planet, why should you lose your heavy? ^^

Thanks axoman, was sure I remembered them mentioning orbit and cutscenes explicitly.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you don't mind, could you try a cutscene? The part where the dead guardian is on the ground in The Dark Beyond is perfect.

BTW, Ice Breaker got a slight buff with this patch. Its own ammo is not reset on death anymore.

Interesting. I don't care about losing heavy ammo when going to Orbit via completing a mission/raid. Dying and respawning/wiping, as long as that works I'm good. If we purposely go to Orbit for whatever reason without completing a mission, retaining heavy would be good.

Sullichin

Do we have any other Hunters out there with full raid gear that can try this?

Or anyone else at all to see if its just an orbit thing?

I'd like to lock this thing down.

I just loaded up Fist of Crota. Had Hunter vendor armor so no heavy ammo perk. Popped a synth, 6 rockets. Went to orbit. Came back, 6 rockets.

Then I did the same thing with the raid boots, and then the raid boots with crest of alpa lupi (so 2x heavy perks). I still did not lose any rockets upon returning to Orbit and coming back.

noomi

Could you try going to orbit, starting a new one then repeat and see if you go from 7 to 5 to 3? Or do you stay at 5?

It does, goes from 7, to 5, to 3, then 2.... then it seems to just stay at 2 after that no matter how many more times I return to orbit.

If you don't mind, could you try a cutscene? The part where the dead guardian is on the ground in The Dark Beyond is perfect.

BTW, Ice Breaker got a slight buff with this patch. Its own ammo is not reset on death anymore.

Doing it as we speak.

edit

Ok cutscene did not remove any rockets.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I just loaded up Fist of Crota. Had Hunter vendor armor so no heavy ammo perk. Popped a synth, 6 rockets. Went to orbit. Came back, 6 rockets.

Then I did the same thing with the raid boots, and then the raid boots with crest of alpa lupi (so 2x heavy perks). I still did not lose any rockets upon returning to Orbit and coming back.
the fuck? lol

Mystery time I guess.

Somebody check a cutscene though. I think "death-respawn" is already pretty confirmed fixed, which made by far the biggest impact of course (Raid wipes), but cutscenes was the one that always got under my skin personally, it was like an evil gremlin just reaching in and snatching your rockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom