• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodbury

I just loaded up Fist of Crota. Had Hunter vendor armor so no heavy ammo perk. Popped a synth, 6 rockets. Went to orbit. Came back, 6 rockets.

Then I did the same thing with the raid boots, and then the raid boots with crest of alpa lupi (so 2x heavy perks). I still did not lose any rockets upon returning to Orbit and coming back.

It does, goes from 7, to 5, to 3, then 2.... then it seems to just stay at 2 after that no matter how many more times I return to orbit.

Doing it as we speak.

edit

Ok cutscene did not remove any rockets.
So wait, Sullichin does not have any issue but Noomi does?

Noomi using Ghallahorn but Sullichin wasn't. Noomi, time to try a different heavy weapon and see if it still happens to you. Maybe it's just exotics or something that still have the bug?

rNilla

Took my hunter on Patrol. Gathered 4 heavy ammo for Gjallarhorn. Went to Orbit. Went back to Patrol. 3 heavy ammo. All raid gear equipped. Hmm.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I'm confused at what I'm seeing. The heavy ammo glitch was when you die, you lose rockets. Going to orbit is not the same thing - at least in my opinion.

You should try using the heavy pack, run into enemy fire and dying, respawning and THEN checking your heavy ammo quantity to see if it decreased.

I don't think the bug was ever expecting your ammo counts to stay the same after quitting and restarting the activity... But if I'm wrong I'll totally accept it.

Well, if the bug manifests when you come out of a cutscene, I'm gonna say that needs to be fixed asap.

phen0m24

You keep your primary and secondary ammo when hoping from planet to orbit to planet, why should you lose your heavy? ^^

Going to be honest, I have never finished a mission or quit a mission, gone to orbit and assumed my ammo would stay the same. I've never even looked at it. But after wiping countless times I've watched the heavy tick down. But I see your point.

Interesting. I don't care about losing heavy ammo when going to Orbit via completing a mission/raid. Dying and respawning/wiping, as long as that works I'm good. If we purposely go to Orbit for whatever reason without completing a mission, retaining heavy would be good.

Yes. This.

I just loaded up Fist of Crota. Had Hunter vendor armor so no heavy ammo perk. Popped a synth, 6 rockets. Went to orbit. Came back, 6 rockets.

Then I did the same thing with the raid boots, and then the raid boots with crest of alpa lupi (so 2x heavy perks). I still did not lose any rockets upon returning to Orbit and coming back.

fingers crossed tightly

EDIT:
Nilla, try it
unless you're doing the 9000 XP no-death thing
by checking the count before and after a death.
How often do you guys go to orbit and back mid-mission? Yikes. LOL

EDIT 2:
It had better work for my Horn. Well, all of them. Sorry

Not a silly question, and yes I have :)

Maybe we're looking at this wrong.

What rocket launcher are you using? Does it have the Tripod perk or anything like that?

Edit: Try finishing a mission instead of just going to orbit, see if that triggers anything. Maybe the player selected "return to orbit" isn't the same as a complete mission or something.

noomi

Maybe we're looking at this wrong.

What rocket launcher are you using? Does it have the Tripod perk or anything like that?

Edit: Try finishing a mission instead of just going to orbit, see if that triggers anything. Maybe the player selected "return to orbit" isn't the same as a complete mission or something.

Was using gjallarhorn, no tripod on it. Trying out correcttive measure now, then hunger of crota.

Will try to finish a mission and see what happens as well.

I'm sure this is a long shot, but does anyone else want to run the oracles 3 times? I would also be willing to do the templar (and can do the relic), but I don't need anything from that checkpoint.

I want the Foil because I gotta catch em all. If anyone else is in the same boat, I'd be down to get a group to run the checkpoint 3x.

I'll help you knock it out. I'd like to do the Templar too once for the shot at fatebringer. Let me know. Will be on in a half hour or less.

Psn: manicstreet

So who had Pulse rifles other than over soul edict and bad juju fully levelled before today?

Those are the only two I have levelled. I have a damn good roll on a three little words with full auto, firefly and field scout. It will be next I guess.

noomi

wow ok..... just went to orbit with full corrective measure ammo, returned back to patrol and full ammo was still there... it's something with rockets.... trying hunger of crota next and a full mission to see whats up

phen0m24

So who had Pulse rifles other than over soul edict and bad juju fully levelled before today?

Those are the only two I have levelled. I have a good roll on a three little words with full auto, firefly and field scout. It will be next I guess.

Had Red Death almost leveled all the way

For the love of God Bungie please take energy and shards out of nightfall loot table. It's demoralizing doing all that work and getting that shit reward. 8 energy is nonsense.

Those are the only two I have levelled. I have a damn good roll on a three little words with full auto, firefly and field scout. It will be next I guess.

Whoa...that sounds fun. #1 change request...re-roll non IB stuff. I hate how PvP gets the cool features and events.

daang

didn't know pulse rifles could get firefly

zewone

wow ok..... just went to orbit with full corrective measure ammo, returned back to patrol and full ammo was still there... it's something with rockets.... trying hunger of crota next and a full mission to see whats up

corrective measure has 300 ammo with field scout. with the heavy ammo perks it can hold 301.

When you go to orbit it should go down to 300.

Rocket Launchers it's easier to tell since losing 1 hurts a lot more.

Hoodbury

The other guy said his rockets were staying at his max of 6 (so not gjallahorn obviously). I wonder if it's just exotic heavy weapons or maybe just Ballerhorn itself that is still bugged?

Born2Live

Had Red Death on the last set of upgrades. I've had fun using it tonight, it's defiantly a weapon worthy of an exotic slot now.

phen0m24

Whoa...that sounds fun. #1 change request...re-roll non IB stuff. I hate how PvP gets the cool features and events.

WOuld be amazing for the Gunsmith to offer that.

The random rolls you can get from Nightfalls can be awesome or crap.

For example, ask Narmer212 about his BadgerCCL. YEAH that thing is BEAST

zewone

Firefly was only for scouts and sniper rifles I thought?

(Besides special weapons like Fatebringer).

Feorax

Great week so far.

NF1: Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter, sharded)
NF2: Ahamkara's spine
NF3: Hard Light
Weekly 1: 2 Legendary Heavy Engrams

Crota: Red Death, Word of Crota, Crux
Atheon: 2 Vex, Atheons Epilogue and a Universal Remote
Gorgon Chest: Universal Remote.

Weekly matchmaking seems to be great too. Worked really well when I ran it just then.

Can we do Atheon x 3 at 10 pm?

I'm running nightfalls and weeklies with Deku at 9 PM. We do every Wednesday. I'm down after that. Like 11:30?

Had Red Death almost leveled all the way

The last exotic weapon I need :(

Firefly was only for scouts and sniper rifles I thought?

(Besides special weapons like Fatebringer).

I could be wrong. I've never even used it haha. I thought it did. Maybe explosive rounds.

noomi

The other guy said his rockets were staying at his max of 6 (so not gjallahorn obviously). I wonder if it's just exotic heavy weapons or maybe just Ballerhorn itself that is still bugged?

Welp... just tried it with the hunger of crota, had 6 rockets, went to orbit then I had 4 rockets.

Going to try corrective measure one more time just to be sure.

phen0m24

woo hooo! thanks

I just want someone to equip a Horn with raid armor or whatever, fire up the Gorgon CP, use a heavy pack, Team Epic Sax-dance with a Gorgon and then see what the rocket count is after the wipe.

Anyone?
Bueller? Frye? Cameron....Frye?

Namikaze1

Dude. I sent you a PM. What say you

Gjallarhorn rockets
With raid boots:
Went into Gorgon Maze with 7. I shot one. Went to orbit and I returned back to the Vault. I spawned with five.

With IB boots (just to check):
With the five remaining, I shot one. Went to orbit and back. I spawned with 4.

Give me a couple of minutes. Gonna test out Truth and Hunger.

Shotguns are officially useful in PVE. Two shots of an un-upgraded void Secret Handshake kills reaver captains in Roc Strikes. Kills them dead.

Had almost no green ammo drops though.

Wonder how many things Bungie fucked up with this patch..?

phen0m24

Gjallarhorn rockets
With raid boots:
Went into Gorgon Maze with 7. I shot one. Went to orbit and I returned back to the Vault. I spawned with five.

With IB boots (just to check):
With the five remaining, I shot one. Went to orbit and back. I spawned with 4.

Give me a couple of minutes. Gonna test out Truth and Hunger.

Thanks bud, but what about after just wiping? Did you go from 5 to 3 or stay at 5?

rNilla

One-shotted a Level 30 red bar Wizard with Invective that is only leveled up to Quickdraw.

I0Z6fLm.gif

Dave_6

3x NF rewards this reset: Energies, FWC pulse rifle, ass shards. Yay.

I need to stop looking for the Thunderlord, Red Death, Helm of Saint 14 and Praxic, then maybe I will finally get them when I stop caring.

2x Deathsinger netted me a 2nd Universal Remote and 3x Gorgon chest got me a 2nd Plan C. Yay again.

noomi

Last post for now, I'm hungry. Concerning heavy ammo still disappearing.

- If you have more than 2 rockets, once you go to orbit and return to a mission/patrol you will have less rockets. It goes 7, 5, 3, 2... and stays at 2.

- This issue persisted with the gjallarhorn and the hunger of crota, so it's not just the horn.

- With the corrective measure equipped.... I had full 301 ammo with field scout. After returning to orbit and then patrol again my ammo went down to 300, I tried it once more, and it stayed at 300....

- cutscenes did not deplete heavy ammo

- swapping between heavy weapons did deplete heavy ammo

- wiping did not deplete heavy ammo

Make of this what you will, but primary and secondary ammo does not disappear when going to orbit and retuning, why should heavy ammo?

Anyway's, that's all I got for now. I'm tired lol....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom