• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lima

Two burst shotting people with Red Death in Crucible who don't have full armor for their characters? I love this thing so much now. Better than Suros ever was. Heal after every kill (fuck you Thorn users) and ridiculous reload speed too.

After playing a bit more PvE you can definitely notice the changes to hand cannons there. Damage drop off starts sooner and slightly less accurate. At least with Fatebringer. In PvP you don't really notice this except for the really large maps that never come up in any normal playlist anyway. The Last Word still king at most ranges.

Ditters

Two burst shotting people with Red Death in Crucible who don't have full armor for their characters? I love this thing so much now. Better than Suros ever was. Heal after every kill (fuck you Thorn users) and ridiculous reload speed too.
I think I need to finally level up my 300 atk version since xur is apparently never going to bring the upgrade.

Bad JuJu in PvP

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
send Hawkian a FR, I can't hope to find you by any stretch of the imagination with that username, lol

Hahaha, what's wrong with my username?!

Psn returns 47 results to Hawkian... I sent the fr to the first of the list.

ocean

Banned
Loaded VoG to check out my 331 Swordbreaker's newfound power. Never managed to kill a Praetorian in 2 shots, but consistently killed them in 3. Still by far the fastest I've ever downed one, it's crazy.

Lima

I guess some people still think auto rifles are good or something. This last clash match was full of them.

Poor fools. I swear if I ever see someone playing with me still using an AR I will kick you from the fireteam. They were useless and horrible before but they just took the spot pulse rifles had before the patch. Gotta keep everything balanced right?

Anyone down for NF? I need to do it one more time with my level 28 alt. I will be on in like 15 min. PSN: thenal84

Did it two times last night with my 31 hunter and titan and got two crappy legendaries which were sharded. Here hoping for better luck this time.

I guess some people still think auto rifles are good or something. This last clash match was full of them.

Poor fools. I swear if I ever see someone playing with me still using an AR I will kick you from the fireteam. They were useless and horrible before but they just took the spot pulse rifles had before the patch. Gotta keep everything balanced right?

Auto rifles will always be the most used weapon in any FPS

Casuals that don't follow the game updates more like it.

NastyBook

Finally got Red Hand IX for my HC collection. I noticed the stats are similar to my beloved Fatebringer. How does it compare?

Mine rolled with return to sender, high caliber rounds, send it, and crowd control.

Anyone use this gun regularly?
Got a 300 Red Hand IX with Luck in the Chamber and Return to Sender. Was my first GOOD HC, and I can't bear to shard it.

Lima

So Red Death is basically Suros 2.0.

How long before nerf since it effects PvP? I give it less than a week.

Hold on now. The damage is the same as the Suros was before the patch. 36 to the head.

If the full burst hits to the head twice you can kill people in two bursts. That is good but will not happen every time so you are looking at most kills with three bursts. That is nowhere near the original kill time of Suros when it did 42 per headshot.

It's a viable gun for PvP now but far from OP and a competent TLW user will still shit on you at most ranges.

Lima

Also was someone drunk at Bungie when putting in the numbers for the AR nerf? I mean that's more like 11% nerf and they talk about 2.5% in the patch notes.

Hold on now. The damage is the same as the Suros was before the patch. 36 to the head.

If the full burst hits to the head twice you can kill people in two bursts. That is good but will not happen every time so you are looking at most kills with three bursts. That is nowhere near the original kill time of Suros when it did 42 per headshot.

It's a viable gun for PvP now but far from OP and a competent TLW user will still shit on you at most ranges.

Can confirm lol. Had a match or two against some TLW users and couldn't do much about it. Three bursts are going to be the average kill for most RD users. I even managed to unload four bursts in to a titan and he still had a sliver of life left to kill me with because they were all body shots.

Lima

only if you already have heavy

they could have made it so heavy ammo doesn't drop when you have heavy

but that might be too complicated for them

No it was game breaking.

I always get my golden gun before the first heavy comes up. I saved it for the heavy ammo. I pushed to the enemy heavy and let them pick it up only to kill either all or most of them with golden gun. I would then have like 3-5 heavy ammo packs on the ground. Each containing 2-4 rockets. Yeah game breaking. It's a good change. A very good one.

No it was game breaking.

I always get my golden gun before the first heavy comes up. I saved it for the heavy ammo. I pushed to the enemy heavy and let them pick it up only to kill either all or most of them with golden gun. I would then have like 3-5 heavy ammo packs on the ground. Each containing 2-4 rockets. Yeah game breaking. It's a good change. A very good one.

i mostly play rumble except for iron banner.. idk ill take your word for it

i still think its fun playing rumble with friends and stealing their heavy and trash talking :)

Lima

Oh and I did not just dream that shotgun starting ammo was supposed to be reduced in PvP right? Ya know I still spawn with 7 shots cause reasons.

EL CUCO

Soloing Nightfall and Stupid Tank just killed me while tucked deep into what I thought was safe cover while popping a synth...

That's what I get for not bringing Black Hammer.
>ejects Destiny<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom