• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

Damn, this patch might actually make me like this Universal Remote I thought was a TDB launch curse. And my PR collection got even shinier. I can dig it.

matchmaking is fine as an option, but losing the ability to solo instance for any number of reasons sucks. really hope they just make a grouping tool one day.

Wait, you can't load it up solo if your fireteam is set to closed?

Best option in that case is load in with 2 friends and then ask them to leave.

Lima

Wait, you can't load it up solo if your fireteam is set to closed?

Best option in that case is load in with 2 friends and then ask them to leave.

Nope like every other matchmade activity it looks for people before it starts regardless of your fireteam privacy settings.

cilonen

Some people data mined the update and found that there's a social area for the Reef tucked away in all the code.

reef-social-space.png

Wow, that's an imaginative name for it. I wonder how they came up with that.

GhaleonEB

Ran the daily after applying the patch. I'd gotten the 4th Horseman shotgun just a couple days ago from an engram so the timing was nice.

This is the first patch that will alter my play style significantly. My agility build Hunter, with Radiant Dance Machines equipped, was a terror with the shotgun. I closed distance with yellow bar knights and acolytes and just melted them with that thing. Having light switch on presented a nice risk/reward tilt to the built. Will be incorporating that build heavily into strikes.

While I haven't tried out pulse rifles since the patch, I've already decided my Warlock is tucking the Monte Carlo back in the vault, and pulling out the legendary pulse rifle I got from a Vanguard rank. It was starting to get a bit boring using an auto rifle, and the combination of the auto rifle nerf and pulse rifle buff is enough to tip me over to it. That suits my playstyle much more anyways.

Pretty great update, so far.

Wow, that's an imaginative name for it. I wonder how they came up with that.

I know right? And check out that description: "Reef Social Space description". It's almost as if it's just a placeholder.

cilonen

hey GAF this GRX reporting I'm down for the count
I fractured my left leg in multiple places, shattered left ankle and infused with 4 titanium screws
My tibia is also wrecked, so I'm incapacitated for 4 months @ Jamaica Hospital in Queens
I have no insurance, illegal status, so I'm fucked
Rehab is 1-3000 per day I can't afford, so this is farewell friends, using my bros smartphone to post this info
I won't get to reply much, I'ma broken Guardian taken by the Darkness, might have to try go fund me or something, I have a horrible out look ahead of me

Damn, man. Get well soon.

cilonen

Placeholder names generally aren't very clever. :p

I know right? And check out that description: "Reef Social Space description". It's almost as if it's just a placeholder.

it's likely place holder. one of the descriptions literally goes "insert description here" or something.

Yeah. It's somewhat amusing seeing to all rendered in game with the placeholder text though. Usually you see data mined names in directory lists or folder names. Like the Xur leaks, seeing it all in game is rather novel.

GhaleonEB

Yeah. It's somewhat amusing seeing to all rendered in game with the placeholder text though. Usually you see data mined names in directory lists or folder names. Like the Xur leaks, seeing it all in game is rather novel.

Was the update actually a couple of gigs? The PS interface indicated it was over 2 gigs, but then Destiny applied a really small update when I got into the game. I'm wondering how much stuff they really added behind the scenes. Feels like a lot of groundwork is stating to be put down for the HoW expansion.

Raybunny

Was the update actually a couple of gigs? The PS interface indicated it was over 2 gigs, but then Destiny applied a really small update when I got into the game. I'm wondering how much stuff they really added behind the scenes.

2.44GB even though everyone's download started at 2.40GB. Inside the game 11.xx mb patch.

Most of it was already in game. Re-use of animations, sounds, assets surely.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ran the daily after applying the patch. I'd gotten the 4th Horseman shotgun just a couple days ago from an engram so the timing was nice.

This is the first patch that will alter my play style significantly. My agility build Hunter, with Radiant Dance Machines equipped, was a terror with the shotgun. I closed distance with yellow bar knights and acolytes and just melted them with that thing. Having light switch on presented a nice risk/reward tilt to the built. Will be incorporating that build heavily into strikes.

While I haven't tried out pulse rifles since the patch, I've already decided my Warlock is tucking the Monte Carlo back in the vault, and pulling out the legendary pulse rifle I got from a Vanguard rank. It was starting to get a bit boring using an auto rifle, and the combination of the auto rifle nerf and pulse rifle buff is enough to tip me over to it. That suits my playstyle much more anyways.

Pretty great update, so far.
i was just messing around with shotties at the deathsinger (Crota normal) with iRawr, firehawk, milkham, unknown, and kartik. Even on my 31 warlock with a 302 swordbreaker I was staying just out of their range and just wrecking their faces. On my hunter I had a 4th horseman that I hadn't touched, and I could 3 shot the yellow knights. The best part is when boomers put up their shields, you walk casually around the side and shoot them exactly in the face. It's outrageous. And not at all OP or unbalanced, you can easily get destroyed if you're not careful or get greedy.

some of the best writing in destiny though

2.44GB even though everyone's download started at 2.40GB. Inside the game 11.xx mb patch.

Most of it was already in game. Re-use of animations, sounds, assets surely.

Yeah makes sense, I couldn't believe that 2.42GB was done in 5 minutes and the rest of the 20mb took the same time. Probably just added the changes to the previous patch file or something.

Anyone have a hard Crota CP for PS4?

I have hard DS and normal Crota if you want either of the two.

edit: looks like Drizzay can hook you up with hm scrota

I'm on in 10 mins for our weekly.

Great.

Anyone else for weekly? Rather a gaffer than a random :p

Raybunny

Weird... the only other large patch was exactly 2.44 GB also, before TDB dropped.

I do, can load it up now (edit: installing the 11.34 MB update now...)

Yeah makes sense, I couldn't believe that 2.42GB was done in 5 minutes and the rest of the 20mb took the same time. Probably just added the changes to the previous patch file or something.

They have probably all the files necessary for patching the game "properly" on those 2.44GB. It seems they changed only 40mb of it this time. I surely remember downloading the 2.44GB a while ago. Meaning the download preparation is just making a checksum and downloading what was modified.

I can't wait to do some crazy Pvp starting today. I want to see those pulse rifles going mental.

Decided to do a weekly strike via matchmaking. Got to spongebob, about 5% health left and my Vita died. I go to my ps4, turn on my TV and said I've been removed from game world. Wonder if that's because my Vita died? Damnit.

if theres one thing you can't hate about destiny its that bungie is pretty good at coming up with cool names for stuff

or at least i think so anyway

hoping "the arena" is a placeholder for the new raid lol

GhaleonEB

i was just messing around with shotties at the deathsinger (Crota normal) with iRawr, firehawk, milkham, unknown, and kartik. Even on my 31 warlock with a 302 swordbreaker I was staying just out of their range and just wrecking their faces. On my hunter I had a 4th horseman that I hadn't touched, and I could 3 shot the yellow knights. The best part is when boomers put up their shields, you walk casually around the side and shoot them exactly in the face. It's outrageous. And not at all OP or unbalanced, you can easily get destroyed if you're not careful or get greedy.
Hah, I discovered this exact thing to my great delight. I'm usually not in close enough proximity to flank a knight when their shield is up, but I just kind of sauntered around it and blew piece of him across the room. It was a thing I enjoyed doing.

I'm genuinely excited to have a couple new classes of weapons become viable.
Don't tell Sage, he'll nerf it!

cilonen

Oh man, reddit might be on to something.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...sion_spoilers_vog_the_mystery_of_the_oracles/

They're trying to play tunes from the soundtrack using the tones of the oracles in VoG to see if anything unlocks based on some guy figuring out that if you kill the oracles in order it plays the director map menu music.

It seems Bungie have previous form for this sort of thing from Halo 2 and a secret skull unlocking if you played the soundtrack by jumping through rings that made tones.

This is intriguing.

Shito

You mean that's what you get for soloing a nightfall. Why even do that? So boring.
Soloing can also be fun. I know I love it.
Also, avoids some disappointment when the guy next to you gets the Horn and you get shards...

Valus is now the most easy strike to solo. You can't die, really.
Skip the first phase, then jump on the entrance roof of the second one and snipe the guards. When the tank falls down, jump to the rock just to your left: he will hover to your side and he can't see you from that far away, and will never shoot at you. Then it's time for that new armor piercing cheese against Valus and voila! Less than 40 enemies to kill to get it done.

Raybunny

Oh man, reddit might be on to something.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...sion_spoilers_vog_the_mystery_of_the_oracles/

They're trying to play tunes from the soundtrack using the tones of the oracles in VoG to see if anything unlocks based on some guy figuring out that if you kill the oracles in order it plays the director map menu music.

It seems Bungie have previous form for this sort of thing from Halo 2 and a secret skull unlocking if you played the soundtrack by jumping through rings that made tones.

This is intriguing.

That was a good read. Very interesting. I wonder if the Vex itself unlocks something in VOG.

Call me crazy
you're crazy!
but I kinda like Valus nowadays. I feel like his strike got a bad rap in the early days before BHam, etc. Except for his tiny pea brain crit spot it's a pretty fun strike/boss fight with a big open room to run around. GG Ruthless + Glam.

The core problem of Omni-janitor is the small environmental design, not just that it's a long strike.

Call me crazy
you're crazy!
but I kinda like Valus nowadays. I feel like his strike got a bad rap in the early days before BHam, etc. Except for his tiny pea brain crit spot it's a pretty fun strike/boss fight with a big open room to run around. GG Ruthless + Glam.

The core problem of Omni-janitor is the small environmental design, not just that it's a long strike.

After omni, valus feels like a breath of fresh air. Easier and more enjoyable.

We finished that weekly in around 15-16 minutes.

Edit: 16:14 to be exact.

This is intriguing.

Oh, I've been down that rabbit hole tonight. My wife was showing me how weird that C lydian scale is, how the half steps are compressed compared to a typical scale like a C major. Gives the theme an eerie vibe since the scale doesn't resolve as you would typically expect.

I'm down to try that btw if anyone wants to, shouldn't take very long. Personally I'm not convinced about the "composer" destroying the specific oracles but definitely worth a shot.

timmy

So roughly ten hours after the nerd, I got myself a fatebringer. How's it fairing? Still worth leveling it as a priority?

Edit: Swordbreaker is a beast on the Gate Keeper encounter now.

So post patch you no longer get ammo back when doing the heavy ammo glitch? Been doing this a couple of times and didn't have my ammo refilled. is it because of icebreaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom