• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lima

Soloing Nightfall and Stupid Tank just killed me while tucked deep into what I thought was safe cover while popping a synth...

That's what I get for not bringing Black Hammer.
>ejects Destiny<

You mean that's what you get for soloing a nightfall. Why even do that? So boring.

kidko

Update is out? What do we hate? Anything to love? Should I login or just hunt some mo's

EDIT: Patch destroyed GraverobberX so it's a FAIL

darthbob

Update is out? What do we hate? Anything to love? Should I login or just hunt some mo's

Some people data mined the update and found that there's a social area for the Reef tucked away in all the code.

reef-social-space.png

hey GAF this GRX reporting I'm down for the count
I fractured my left leg in multiple places, shattered left ankle and infused with 4 titanium screws
My tibia is also wrecked, so I'm incapacitated for 4 months @ Jamaica Hospital in Queens
I have no insurance, illegal status, so I'm fucked
Rehab is 1-3000 per day I can't afford, so this is farewell friends, using my bros smartphone to post this info
I won't get to reply much, I'ma broken Guardian taken by the Darkness, might have to try go fund me or something, I have a horrible out look ahead of me

Damn Grave, wish you a speedy recovery. Will try to help out in whatever way I can. Stay strong mate.

How did you get hurt so badly, car accident or something?

Holy crap, Swordbreaker one shots the annoying void psions in NF.

Fantastic. The Risk/Reward should be there for something like that since they can easily take you out with Lightswitch.

Shotguns are where they need to be now. High burst damage at the cost of very short range.

RdN

Not nearly that long. If you grind it hard it can be done in about 1 month. Make sure to always get the Nightfall bonus done ASAP before turning in any bounties.

I'm currently sitting at lvl 3, around 1200 XP from the 4000 needed. It'll still be a while. :(

I really need to get to lvl 4 so I can exchange some Rad. Energy into Shards and finally hit level 32.

phen0m24

Some people data mined the update and found that there's a social area for the Reef tucked away in all the code.

reef-social-space.png

Social Space? I hope it's not called that. That sounds terribly unimaginative. I mean why not Reef Landing, Reef Caverns, Reef Stronghold or Zydron's Eye. (our buddy the Gate Lord)

Fun raid tonight with Hawkian, wins, Carbine Palom and yurikerr. Finally got the Fang!
now I'll get that 7 times in a row hehe

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Fantastic. The Risk/Reward should be there for something like that since they can easily take you out with Lightswitch.

Shotguns are where they need to be now. High burst damage at the cost of very short range.
didn't expect attacking them to be viable with lightswitch at all, but if you have a shotty with the range.. damn

Kinda wrecked the swordbearer at the bridge with swordbreaker (appropriate) too.

Wow people weren't kidding about pulse rifles. I had a fully upgraded old Bad Juju and it was ok. I eventually just sharded it, since the bounty is easy and just redid it. I have no upgrades on it and it's amazing, can't wait to upgrade this one.

Sullichin

Really like Oversoul Edict in PVP now, such a fun gun to shoot

Pulse rifle sounds everywhere in Crucible.
The new impact sounds make the game seem more violent than before.

stb

Also was someone drunk at Bungie when putting in the numbers for the AR nerf? I mean that's more like 11% nerf and they talk about 2.5% in the patch notes.

In the longer "weapon tuning" blog before the patch dropped (https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Weapon-Tuning/en/News/News?aid=12557), they explained the 2.5% was the average:

Reduce base damage of Auto Rifles by 2.5% (averaged across Rate of Fire stats, higher RoF took less of a reduction than low RoF)

darthbob

Social Space? I hope it's not called that. That sounds terribly unimaginative. I mean why not Reef Landing, Reef Caverns, Reef Stronghold or Zydron's Eye. (our buddy the Gate Lord)

Fun raid tonight with Hawkian, wins, Carbine Palom and yurikerr. Finally got the Fang!
now I'll get that 7 times in a row hehe

I'm sure it's all placeholder.

Also, I fucking love using shotguns in PvE now.

hydruxo

Jesus.. Leveling up Eris takes MONTHS.

What the fuck.

It took me about 3 weeks, I did her bounties every day from the day the DLC went up to New Years Eve. Never did the double bounty glitch either but that would speed it up if you don't mind getting up at reset every once in a while.

Ooooh baby, I've been away for like three weeks, and this beautiful patch seems like a great way to start playing again, at least for a little bit.

It'll have to wait until tomorrow though.

forrest

formerly nacire
Oddly enough even with the patch today and everything, I've logged in and just not felt like doing anything. Sat in VoG for a bit and that's about it. Probably just gonna get some sleep. Night all!

chewydogg

So I'm still getting the same ROC strikes over and over again...

Omnigul
Flayers
Undying Mind

Just give me Archon Priest so I can finish this bounty...

kidko

I like the weekly matchmaking. One less thing to lfg for all the time. I can see how nightfall would be tricky though

Steroyd

Just did the weekly on the hardest setting in matchmaking. And it went smoothly and the world didn't end. Was that so hard, Bungie(and Bungie apologists)? Now add Nightfall to matchmaking as well as normal mode raids.

Oh God no, the first run went smoothly but the second time I got teamed up with a guy who jumped up to a cheese spot that I couldn't get to, to revive them because warlock jump and the other guy kept dying every 5 seconds which eventually lead to my own death, had that been a nightfall I would have got ejected to orbit and I'd have to start from scratch again.

This is just a normal strike with 1 modifier, it doesn't compare to a Nightfall or Raid, especially raids I'm not seeing how matchmaking in raids will work with the current checkpoint system.

hey GAF this GRX reporting I'm down for the count
I fractured my left leg in multiple places, shattered left ankle and infused with 4 titanium screws
My tibia is also wrecked, so I'm incapacitated for 4 months @ Jamaica Hospital in Queens
I have no insurance, illegal status, so I'm fucked
Rehab is 1-3000 per day I can't afford, so this is farewell friends, using my bros smartphone to post this info
I won't get to reply much, I'ma broken Guardian taken by the Darkness, might have to try go fund me or something, I have a horrible out look ahead of me

goddamn man you're supposed to double jump before you hit the ground.

get well soon

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I like the weekly matchmaking. One less thing to lfg for all the time. I can see how nightfall would be tricky though
matchmaking is fine as an option, but losing the ability to solo instance for any number of reasons sucks. really hope they just make a grouping tool one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom