• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeuk

So post patch you no longer get ammo back when doing the heavy ammo glitch? Been doing this a couple of times and didn't have my ammo refilled. is it because of icebreaker?

Noticed this yesterday too, wasn't much of a problem because of all the ammo drops but it definitely wasn't refilling after the 30 secs or so it used to take.

GlamFM

Banned
Call me crazy
you're crazy!
but I kinda like Valus nowadays. I feel like his strike got a bad rap in the early days before BHam, etc. Except for his tiny pea brain crit spot it's a pretty fun strike/boss fight with a big open room to run around. GG Ruthless + Glam.

The core problem of Omni-janitor is the small environmental design, not just that it's a long strike.

I always liked it. The tank section is completely unique to the game + the Kabal are the most fun enemy to fight imho.

bosseye

Soooooo. Ran the Nightfall, got The Cure (legendary rocket launcher - do not want). Maybe next week I'll get something of worth. I seem to say this every week.

And then finally hit lvl 32 last night (I only have one character). Sort of not sure what to do now:

- Don't want to start a new character
- No more pressing reason to chase shards/energies etc
- No real urge to do bounties (got a bit tired of them after my Eris blitz) although I suppose I could just do vanguard bounties and level the rest of my weapons.
- No interest in FWC or New Monarchy etc.
- Maybe just do ROC strikes etc and hope for a decent weapon drop? Bit at the whim of RNGesus there though.
- I do have the PvP bit of the Invective Bounty to do, so I could do some Crucible I guess, although I don't find it fun.
- Still not done HM Crota. Tried a couple of times and failed. Honestly, I don't really like it as a Raid, so the prospect of trying HM again doesn;t fill me with enthusiasm.

I've never got anything of worth from the Daily, so I guess I'll just log in once or twice a week for the weekly and Nightfall. Some friends haven't done VoG on HM yet, so I could help them with that which should be fun, and you never know, I might get some more weapons drops from there.

Odd feeling really, seem to have lost the impetus now that I've achieved what I wanted to.

New content can't come soon enough really, playing purely on the hope of getting Hawkmoon or Gjallerhorn will likely be an exercise in frustration and is unlikely to sustain me for long.

I have 3 spots open for vog hard. Could go full raid or just to gorgons.

Psn: Maddocks976

oops, was going to volunteer but just noticed you are full. If you see this message in time and don't mind it, could you shoot me a game invite when you get to Templar? I'd like to save that CP to run it with a friend who still needs FB. I can just hop in, wipe once to save CP and leave. If it doesn't work out, no worries.

Shito

I always liked it. The tank section is completely unique to the game + the Kabal are the most fun enemy to fight imho.
Cabals are my favorite enemies in the game, except when there's an angry modifier, which instantly makes them my least favorite ones.

Yeah, agreed about the Tank. Makes it feel like a real Strike, distinct from "waves of enemies like a story mission then boss" ala Phoggoth, Nexus, Archon Priest (pike section could have been cool but too undercooked now), Dust Palace, Omnigul, and Undying Mind. Only the Devil's Lair with Spider Tank + Giant Servitor has a similar feel, but not done as well considering Spider just sits there like a stupid bump on a log.

For me, fun-to-fight rankings are:

1.) Vex: Mino-Praetorains should have crit spot, maybe after blasting off their face plate, but otherwise cool group. Probably influenced by my love of VoG.

2.) Hive: Nice variety of melee and long range enemies. Thralls and cursed thralls are cool trash mixture. Ogres have nice "min-boss" feel. Wizards death blast should be nerfed a bit, at least given a longer cooldown.

3.) Cabal: Fun to fight as long as Angry modifier isn't present. Too many of the designs feel "samey" though: Legionaires, Centurions and Colossus, where Phalanx just add a shield. Only the Psions stand out in appearance.

4.) Fallen: Boring, nothing really stands out. Stealth vandals can suck it.

I'll tag along as a third for a BGarden daily, send me an invite if you are going to do it. It'd be fun to do with a group of 3.... once, anyway. Not 3x, haha.

Jesus christ Bungie

Don't worry, Dragon's Breath (supposedly) doesn't lose ammo! DB = OP, confirmed.

Bradach

I blew the dust of my Two in the Morgue and had a blast :p

You have to get very close though. A titan flash grenade followed by a shotgun rampage is good fun.

Shito

All this shotgun talk is making me consider levelling up my 4th Horseman.
Maybe I will even regret sharding the second one I got yesterday?
No.

i think the hive are the most interesting and diverse enemies.

thrall
cursed thrall
acolyte
shield knights
boomers
melee knights
ogres
shriekers
goddamn wizards

and none of them snipe or teleport.

Wallach

i think the hive are the most interesting enemies.

thrall
cursed thrall
acolyte
regular knights
boomers
melee knights
ogres
shriekers
goddamn wizards

Yeah, I definitely put the Hive at top. Cabal and Vex are about the same to me, and Fallen are whatever.

gunawi

Pulse rifle buff ftw. Cant wait to level up this bad boy. Full auto, single point sling/high calliber rounds/field scouts & glass half full.

OIzKR3S.png

Wallach

Pulse rifle buff ftw. Cant wait to level up this bad boy. Full auto, single point sling/high calliber rounds/field scouts & glass half full.

OIzKR3S.png

Damn, that's a nice one. I have one too but it doesn't have Field Scout or Flared Magwell, which I think really hurts on a PR for PvE.

i think the hive are the most interesting and diverse enemies.

thrall
cursed thrall
acolyte
shield knights
boomers
melee knights
ogres
shriekers
goddamn wizards

Hive are the best, unless it's those goddamn Wizards, then its the worst. THE WORST.

GlamFM

Banned
hey GAF this GRX reporting I'm down for the count
I fractured my left leg in multiple places, shattered left ankle and infused with 4 titanium screws
My tibia is also wrecked, so I'm incapacitated for 4 months @ Jamaica Hospital in Queens
I have no insurance, illegal status, so I'm fucked
Rehab is 1-3000 per day I can't afford, so this is farewell friends, using my bros smartphone to post this info
I won't get to reply much, I'ma broken Guardian taken by the Darkness, might have to try go fund me or something, I have a horrible out look ahead of me

Holy shit Grave!

I noticed you were gone for a while. FUCK!

Wish you all the best. If there is anything we can do for you please let us know.

Glam

Maddocks

oops, was going to volunteer but just noticed you are full. If you see this message in time and don't mind it, could you shoot me a game invite when you get to Templar? I'd like to save that CP to run it with a friend who still needs FB. I can just hop in, wipe once to save CP and leave. If it doesn't work out, no worries.

Damn, sorry. For full again. I have another character to it on so I might do another templater run soon.

How's that Hawkloot Bunzy?

You should have stayed to run HM Scrota, #teamsecond try and this could have been yours:

B-wyVV5XAAAOBtT.jpg

HMoon #8 is really cramping my vault space. I hope you get one soon so that I can start sharding a few more of them.

Damn, sorry. For full again. I have another character to it on so I might do another templater run soon.

Yeah, no worries, I figured you were focused more on raiding as it should be. :p We're doing another HM Scrota kill now but just shoot me an invite if you do Templar again.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
8d6rukgl.jpg

Thank god for that buff, I now have a use for my three Universal Remotes and my extra Fourth Horseman just sitting in my post office!

Bradach

the new patch seems to have addressed the happy place in the Valus Ta'aurc boss fight.
the one in the corner to the right of the big door he comes in.

I was in there pre patch on tuesday and no one really noticed me, as usual.

Post patch they all gather around me and blast rockets etc and generally freak out. They still can't really hit me though.

Valus on the other hand, came over when he was walking around with low health. He actually jumped down and squashed me, the big dick head. Then he just sorta warped back to his platform. Not an elegant solution Bungie but one none the less I suppose.

SAiLO

Finally got Red Death! From normal Deathsinger.
No more primary weapon slots available on all 3 toons. Vault full.
Hope postmaster won't shard it for stamps or something.

You should have stayed to run HM Scrota, #teamsecond try and this could have been yours:

B-wyVV5XAAAOBtT.jpg

HMoon #8 is really cramping my vault space. I hope you get one soon so that I can start sharding a few more of them.

tumblr_n36rdr0Gas1t0jba7o1_500.jpg

Been Red Death'ing so many Hawkmooners from mid/long range I don't even feel like I'm missing it.

Been Red Death'ing so many Hawkmooners from mid/long range I don't even feel like I'm missing it.

God help me, I'm loading up a match with rando's just to test out RD since the buff. Let me know if you want to do some PvP, or if we could get a 3rd for Skirmish or something I'd be down. Otherwise I was just going to do 2 matches to get 4 marks and buy the Crucible pulse rifle.

edit: Based Bitsurugi to the rescue, we've got 3 now for Crucible if anyone else wants to join.

God help me, I'm loading up a match with rando's just to test out RD since the buff. Let me know if you want to do some PvP, or if we could get a 3rd for Skirmish or something I'd be down. Otherwise I was just going to do 2 matches to get 4 marks and buy the Crucible pulse rifle.

edit: Based Bitsurugi to the rescue, we've got 3 now for Crucible if anyone else wants to join.

I'm on playing crucible right now, testing out Bad Juju

Ikkarus

I refuse to accept that Hawkmoon is not the King of Crucible anymore.

I'm Hawkmoon for life!
(I would try Red Death if I had it though)

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
There's a new sound effect for headshots in the crucible. Was using a sniper and there was this crunchy sound or something lol.

nOoblet16

So is Oversoul Edict the best pulse rifle in game now ? Or is it Red Death? And are they both top tier now after the buff?

Also anyone up for VOG/Atheon x2 (if you habe a checkpoint) or Crota HM Abyss+Bridge?

So is Oversoul Edict the best pulse rifle in game now ? Or is it Red Death? And are they both top tier now after the buff?

Also anyone up for VOG/Atheon x2 (if you habe a checkpoint) or Crota HM Abyss+Bridge?

PvE or PvP? OE is still low impact which isn't my favorite, especially in PvP. Crucible vendo sells Three Little Words that looks beastly for PvP with the vendor perks. Red Death has always been good in PvE, it's definitely really good in PvP now but not sure if it's worth the exotic spot over another high impact PR like TLW. I'm testing out RD now so we'll see how it goes.

I have the HM Atheon CP if you need it later.

nOoblet16

PvE or PvP? OE is still low impact which isn't my favorite, especially in PvP. Crucible vendo sells Three Little Words that looks beastly for PvP with the vendor perks. Red Death has always been good in PvE, it's definitely really good in PvP now but not sure if it's worth the exotic spot over another high impact PR like TLW. I'm testing out RD now so we'll see how it goes.

I have the HM Atheon CP if you need it later.
Alright, I can't personally take HM checkpoints because I have never finished VoG on normal so I can't select HM lol. So will wait until there are others who are willing to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom