• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is Oversoul Edict the best pulse rifle in game now ? Or is it Red Death? And are they both top tier now after the buff?

Also anyone up for VOG/Atheon x2 (if you habe a checkpoint) or Crota HM Abyss+Bridge?

Red death does more dps, plus every kill heels you. OE with auto fire is pretty good too.

Exotic auto rifles like Suros, Hard Light and Monte Carlo are terrible now.

I'm up for hm Abyss + Bridge.

So is Oversoul Edict the best pulse rifle in game now ? Or is it Red Death? And are they both top tier now after the buff?

Also anyone up for VOG/Atheon x2 (if you habe a checkpoint) or Crota HM Abyss+Bridge?
Don't mind doing VoG Atheon. I have the gorgon checkpoint
kuma shock!
or orcales checkpoint.

Yesterday got to 25. I'll be ready for some VoG Normal action tonight.

Feel free to add me on PSN: mocolos_usa
Thought you were a loney boner?

Edit: I wonder how many people click that link firehawk

Wallach

I wonder how good a maxed Swordbreaker is now against Swordbearers/Hive Major Boomers/Knights.

Based on my early experience with a Universal Remote, probably awesomesauce.

I'm actually very curious how hard an upgraded UR can crit now. I don't have the UR perk on my 331 UR yet, but the close range crits are already kind of amazing. Can't seem to find any specifics about how big of a crit modifier the unique perk is.

SgtCobra

After playing Crucible for a considerable amount of time post patch I've noticed a few things:

- Pulse rifles: I haven't seen a lot of them in PvP yet but that's pretty understandable as not a lot of people used to save/use them before the patch, this will definitely change. I'm glad I saved my Super Pox VLO.
The Red Death is officially top tier. Two bursts on head kills immediately, and that coupled with the health regenerating perk makes it perhaps the best PvP pulse rifle in the game.
It's basically the new SUROS Regime...Sort of.

- Even though the SUROS Regime has been nerfed and the Vex Mythoclast has been "ruined" they're still very good in PvP, no need for over dramatization (even though the Mythoclast needs to be fixed). Perhaps this is going to be a bit of an exaggeration but the Suros is now a slightly better Vanquisher VIII.

- Fusion rifles: I can only speak for the Pocket Infinity and that weapon has been pretty much ruined, now it's basically a close quarters weapon with some luck on mid-mid range encounters.
The biggest problem with this weapon has always been the fact that it has the slowest recharge time of all fusion rifles in the game so that means that you'll have to recharge in time to be able to kill the enemy.
Before the patch you could save yourself because the impact of the weapon coupled with the rate of fire would kill another player after 3 bursts. Now you'll have to get pretty close but if the other player has a shotgun or a faster charging Fusion rifle (so pretty much all of them) they'll have the benefit most of the time.
I'm not saying the weapon is bad but Bungie has been nerfing this weapon a lot, this patch made everything about this weapon worse. They'll have to buff its recharge time, magazine or range to get the weapon back to its past glory. Such a shame.

- Hand cannons: the changes aren't as noticeable as I feared they would be, sniping enemies is more difficult but that was only a matter of time before they would fix this and the accuracy has been toned down which I didn't like.
The Last Word's range is now a strictly close/mid range weapon, those lucky long range kills are now even harder to get.

- No heavy ammo drops from enemies makes the game more balanced and it's not something I'm mourning about. Special ammo is still very easy to find.

GlamFM

Banned
Quick question. My Black Hammer doesn´t have a yellow border in the Character screen although it´s fully leveled up. Is this because of the broken perk?

My 4th horseman may be glitched, the Final Round perk even though is unlocked does not show up in the pop up display.

Quick question. My Black Hammer doesn´t have a yellow border in the Character screen although it´s fully leveled up. Is this because of the broken perk?

Yes. Anyone that leveled up BH after they took out the perk can't get the yellow border.

cilonen

Oh, I've been down that rabbit hole tonight. My wife was showing me how weird that C lydian scale is, how the half steps are compressed compared to a typical scale like a C major. Gives the theme an eerie vibe since the scale doesn't resolve as you would typically expect.

I'm down to try that btw if anyone wants to, shouldn't take very long. Personally I'm not convinced about the "composer" destroying the specific oracles but definitely worth a shot.

There's speculation you'll have to take out the oracles with the Vex due to the Vex's grimoire card referring to it as a 'Vex instrument....'

Manp

they still haven't fixed the broken perk on black hammer but haven't bothered removing the same broken perk from word of crota :|

bungie being bungie

Zocano

Oh, *now* everyone is getting on the pulse rifle bandwagon. Uh huh. Btw, red death always 2 burst HS killed someone, I'm pretty sure now you can afford to miss with one of the rounds, though.

I should come back. I didn't do any nightfall or crota for the past two weeks.

Sounds like hand cannons still need some more nerfing though.

Oh, *now* everyone is getting on the pulse rifle bandwagon. Uh huh. Btw, red death always 2 burst HS killed someone, I'm pretty sure now you can afford to miss with one of the rounds, though.

Stop that shit right now.

Hand cannons are fine.

Shotguns still need a PvP range nerf.

Zocano

I would be happy if hand cannon recoil doubled.

Their handling of special weapons always bothered me. Still feel like it's too plentiful.

nOoblet16

Are there any good vendor heavy weapons? I have alternatives for all weapon classes but the only good heavy weapon I have is truth.

noomi

First off, good morning destiny gaf :) How is everyone doing with the new update, seems pretty positive all around :)

Noomi's experiments were spot on. Losing heavy ammo with certain rocket launchers when going back to orbit.

Tested on horn, hezen and truth.

Jesus christ Bungie

Don't worry, Dragon's Breath (supposedly) doesn't lose ammo! DB = OP, confirmed.

Couple of extra things I've found out last night...

- if your heavy weapon has field scout (corrective measure), you won't loose ammo on going to orbit, it will go from 301 to 300 and stay there. I also tried it with the crota heavy mg, and was loosing ammo each time going to orbit with it equipped.

- if you have a rocket launcher with the tripod perk (dragons breath), you will lost ammo, but it won't go lower than 6 rockets.

Either way, I'm still happy to have heavy ammo on death and cutscenes, that was the big one. I'll take it!

You should have stayed to run HM Scrota, #teamsecond try and this could have been yours:

B-wyVV5XAAAOBtT.jpg

HMoon #8 is really cramping my vault space. I hope you get one soon so that I can start sharding a few more of them.

All these hawkmoons! Was reading up on reddit, and there are very mixed feelings about the hawkmoon post-patch. Some say it's just as great as ever, and some say it's now shite. I'd like to think it's still a great handcannon, and once it's mine I'm going to hug it, feed it, love it, cherish it!

So IHaven't played the game in 2 weeks due to work, and being back on it 48 hours and have gotten 6 exotics, 2 universal remotes, 2 thunder lords, 1 suros and 1 hawk moon.

How does that even work.

Lemnisc8

If anyone is doing a normal crota run with a spot free, I'm looking for a game. Level 31 titan, ps4, ready to go asap.

psn: tUKEGib

There's speculation you'll have to take out the oracles with the Vex due to the Vex's grimoire card referring to it as a 'Vex instrument....'

Yeah, I don't buy into any of that type of stuff. Way too vague to be relevant to that specific objective with the oracles. People say similar things about Pocket Infinity. As much as I enjoy the conspiracy theories, I'm pretty cynical about there actually being a meaningful secret left to discover. I just love that VoG was designed so well to encourage the exploration. Nobody gives a fuck about possible CE secrets because the raid design doesn't stimulate creativity or a sense of mysterious adventure.

edit: ^ that GK shotty farming is cool, still 10-15 seconds slower than a team chaining super but definitely cool for solo. It was always the best farm spot, even while solo before.

Oh, *now* everyone is getting on the pulse rifle bandwagon. Uh huh. Btw, red death always 2 burst HS killed someone, I'm pretty sure now you can afford to miss with one of the rounds, though. .

What was the RD crit hit marker before? It's 36 now and 24 body, so 2 bursts could kill with 6 crits (216) or 5 crits + 1 body (204). Any missed shots or more than one body isn't a kill, unless maybe the person had really low armor or something. I never saw a crit different than 36 while using it today. It would have needed to be 34 crit before to still 2-burst-kill which seems strange if it's 36 now after a 10% buff, but I never used it in Crucible before today.

All these hawkmoons! Was reading up on reddit, and there are very mixed feelings about the hawkmoon post-patch. Some say it's just as great as ever, and some say it's now shite.

Anyone saying HM is shite now is completely delusional. I didn't use mine today since I was testing pulse rifles, but people were still pwning with it just fine. Hard for me to say exactly what the nerfs did to it until I use it myself but it still seems like a top tier PvP exotic.

Are there any good vendor heavy weapons? I have alternatives for all weapon classes but the only good heavy weapon I have is truth.

Crucible vendor machine gun Against All Odds is a first-rate PvP heavy. Really high impact so you can kill with 3 shots and vendor version has field scout so you get 76 rounds per heavy drop. It'd also be good in PvE for solar burns/solar shields since you don't have GHorn.

All these hawkmoons! Was reading up on reddit, and there are very mixed feelings about the hawkmoon post-patch. Some say it's just as great as ever, and some say it's now shite. I'd like to think it's still a great handcannon, and once it's mine I'm going to hug it, feed it, love it, cherish it!
Still nasty, I was able to snipe still..TLW felt off for me howeve.

I definitely need to at least run the Abyss on hard with all 3 characters. I've never been good at soloing it :(... I want to try and get the OE now.

If you have a Hunter is quite easy, the lamp jump with blink works well, later on you don´t really need to kill anything, just wait invisible with patience and time, then crouching, then patience and time, super -> vanish x 2 and done

nOoblet16

Crucible vendor machine gun Against All Odds is a first-rate PvP heavy. Really high impact so you can kill with 3 shots and vendor version has field scout so you get 76 rounds per heavy drop. It'd also be good in PvE for solar burns/solar shields since you don't have GHorn.
Bought.
I have Dragon's Breath too but it's so slow and no tracking that it feels like shit after using truth. Dragon's Breath? More like Dragon's Fart !

timmy

Can't say enough about the pve shotgun buff. Feels like they opened up an entire new way of playing the game that was missing before.

edit: I can see my house from here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom