• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Sardok (level 12 but still): 4 Swordbreaker hits. Killed him in a few seconds flat, shotguns are so fun to use now against enemies who don't hulk smash you Phogoth style.

Shito

Used a double shotgun loadout to run the Winter's Run Strike, so much fun. Loving that shotguns are viable to PVE.
My Universal Remote and 4th Horseman are definitively coming out of the Vault this week.
But I don't think I kept a good legendary one, though... Maybe I have a Secret Handshake, will have to check, but yeah ever since they announced the weapon patch I've been curious and mostly excited about the PVE change to shotguns.

Jinjo

My Universal Remote and 4th Horseman are definitively coming out of the Vault this week.
But I don't think I kept a good legendary one, though... Maybe I have a Secret Handshake, will have to check, but yeah ever since they announced the weapon patch I've been curious and mostly excited about the PVE change to shotguns.

Isn't Invective still a better shotgun than both of those?

Shito

Isn't Invective still a better shotgun than both of those?
Damn, I TOTALLY forgot about Invective.
It was my first exotic ever, and it went to the vault soooo quickly that I completely forgot it even existed. Will have to test it as well, then, you're right!

E92 M3

Shotguns and pulse rifles too OP. Bungie please nerf.

Seriously, one shooting minotaurs and fallen captains feels amazing!

1.1.2: The one about reeling in Shotguns

Quick question. My Black Hammer doesn´t have a yellow border in the Character screen although it´s fully leveled up. Is this because of the broken perk?

Yes, and it's very annoying. Doesn't seem like Bungie will even bother fixing it.

Oh, *now* everyone is getting on the pulse rifle bandwagon. Uh huh. Btw, red death always 2 burst HS killed someone, I'm pretty sure now you can afford to miss with one of the rounds, though.

I should come back. I didn't do any nightfall or crota for the past two weeks.

Sounds like hand cannons still need some more nerfing though.

Hand Cannons are great and if you mean for PVP then I don't care about the balance there. Bungie is finally going in the right direction with making useful weapons for PVE. No body wants to use "balanced" and vanilla weapons. We want to feel powerful and so far Bungie has trouble understanding that. PVE should always be a power fantasy in certain ways.

Are there any good vendor heavy weapons? I have alternatives for all weapon classes but the only good heavy weapon I have is truth.

I leveled up Dead Orbit for their ARC burn Deviant Gravity. I still haven't had an arc burn 331 damage heavy weapon drop, so I swap it between characters when arc burn is on.

E92 M3

Apparently, the Crucible Quatermaster is selling Against All Odds.
You want one. Crazy good machine gun.

I've been pushing that gun since TDB came out. I got one in void with Crowd Control, Field Scout and shooting longer gives stability.

Amazing weapon.

noomi

So this just happened on my solo flawless attempt >_<

http://youtu.be/p6TvAdYX1V8

Messed up the timing and didn't get enough hits in, tried to make up for it with R1s, then messed up again... fuck.

Hah, good effort though man, you got a bit greedy on that last hit though :p

I don't think I could ever solo crota though, I can get through the lamps and bridge but I don't have the patience for it.

E92 M3

ujh1Pxr.png

Has served me TREMENDOUSLY well and I like it more than TL for PVP.

noomi

I've been pushing that gun since TDB came out. I got one in void with Crowd Control, Field Scout and shooting longer gives stability.

Amazing weapon.

My god, those are the Prefect perks for that weapon. I've been chasing after a new void heavy weapon, this is the one I need.

Just ran the archon priest strike. 2 of us stood toe to toe with him using shotguns. Stagger for days and destroyed him. Even with an unlevelled sword breaker

E92 M3

My god, those are the Prefect perks for that weapon. I've been chasing after a new void heavy weapon, this is the one I need.

Indeed, I got very lucky with that load out. On void burn it is complete destruction.

Yeah, I have one with crappier perks than yours, but I love it just as much.
It hits soooo hard.

Do you use it for PVP, too?

Saw a Harm's Way that someone rolled with persistence, field scout, and surplus so it was exactly a 331 Corrective Measure. I want that gun.

CM was my favorite machine gun before the expansion, I would have loved that Harm's Way.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yeah, the swordbreaker kills the yellow lvl 30 praetorian/minotaur in 3 hits at point blank range.

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

The matchmaking in the weekly is causing me to get WAYYYYY to underleveled players who basically do nothing but need to be revived and then quitting

Ambitious

Wow. I need a shotgun.
Well, I do have two or three, but the perks are just average, so I've refrained from upgrading them. Will have to re-evaluate.

Alright, here's what I have:

• Secret Handshake
    • Solar
    • Return to Sender
    • Field Scout vs Hammer Forged
    • Feeding Frenzy
  • Secret Handshake (Solar)
    • Solar
    • Final Round
    • Flared Magwell vs Hammer Forged vs High Caliber Rounds
    • Rangefinder
  • Invective
    • Solar

Disappointing.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I like the stats but not sure how good it is. At least it should come in handy for void burn weeklies.
I dismantle most legendary stuff I get from NFs without even looking at the perks. I think I kept my Vanquisher VIII because I wanted that.

E92 M3

The matchmaking in the weekly is causing me to get WAYYYYY to underleveled players who basically do nothing but need to be revived and then quitting

They need to have a level minimum to make sure that doesn't happen.

I rarely play PVP, but it was my weapon of choice to complete those heavy machine gun kills bounties during Iron Banner, yeah.
That weapon is a beast.

This gun is the reason I won't take a rocket launcher to PVP. 10-15 kills per a heavy box is very doable with liberal shooting.

Randal gives this 4 thumbs up

Have the same but in void

Void here too lol.

Bradach

is there a list anywhere of the best perks? or is it just a matter of opinion?

I pay little or no attention to my weapons perks, they all sound pretty good to me

Shito

I pay little or no attention to my weapons perks, they all sound pretty good to me
If you are still building up your arsenal, there's really no need to pay too much attention to perks.
Once you start rolling the same weapon several times, you will start paying a little bit more attention to its elemental type and perks. :) I find it's also a matter of personal tastes, even if perks that manage to bypass a weapon's flaw are usually the best choice. Like if you have a very damaging machine gun but with crappy stability, a stability perk is going to be very useful and desirable.

Websites like http://destinydb.com/ will list all the possible perks that can roll for a given weapon. Perks are very important, they can completely make or break a given weapon. A lucky NFall drop of a legendary weapon could become the best gun in your arsenal, better than any raid or vendor legendary.

This is the reason Bungie should add an ass mat sink for longtime players to be able to re-roll any legendary vendor weapon, although it might be too game breaking for some guns and perk combinations. They would have to restrict certain combinations, like they already do (e.g. only FBringer can have Firefly, Iron Banner scout rifle can't roll with Field Scout), but for all the vendor weapons.

Does the magic bullet perk in Hawkmoon reset if you reload the mag? If I've already fired the three magic bullets, reloading it should start the slot machine again right?.

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom