• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

I am very happy Bungie made shotguns stronger for PVE. That philosophy should be applicable for all weapons. I keep saying this, but realistically no one is interested in "balanced" weapons for PVE. We all want the strongest and deadliest tool of destruction. I really hope they buff the Necrochasm and other exotics to be something special. The same way they treated Thorn and that was easier to get than Necro.

If you are still building up your arsenal, there's really no need to pay too much attention to perks.
Once you start rolling the same weapon several times, you will start paying a little bit more attention to its elemental type and perks. :) I find it's also a matter of personal tastes, even if perks that manage to bypass a weapon's flaw are usually the best choice. Like if you have a very damaging machine gun but with crappy stability, a stability perk is going to be very useful and desirable.

I think it's always important to pay attention to perks, to learn what is possible. Although, like you say, if you are a newer player you will be holding onto all the decent weapons you have regardless of perks.

The key with perks is to find ones that offset the intended weakness of the gun, like you said with the stability example. High impact fusion rifles like Trolley Problem have lower charge rates (i.e. longer charge times) so Accelerated Coils is ideal. High impact machine guns like Against All Odds have smaller mag sizes so Field Scout is ideal, etc.

Drizzay have you checkpoint de Atheon by any chance?

I do but unfortunately am not at my PS4 and can't get on now, I'll be back later if you still need it.

Jinjo

I am very happy Bungie made shotguns stronger for PVE. That philosophy should be applicable for all weapons. I keep saying this, but realistically no one is interested in "balanced" weapons for PVE. We all want the strongest and deadliest tool of destruction. I really hope they buff the Necrochasm and other exotics to be something special. The same way they treated Thorn and that was easier to get than Necro.

So how bad is the Necrochasm now after the AR nerf? UR is definitely no longer the worst gun in the game.

Bradach

If you are still building up your arsenal, there's really no need to pay too much attention to perks.
Once you start rolling the same weapon several times, you will start paying a little bit more attention to its elemental type and perks. :) I find it's also a matter of personal tastes, even if perks that manage to bypass a weapon's flaw are usually the best choice. Like if you have a very damaging machine gun but with crappy stability, a stability perk is going to be very useful and desirable.

Websites like http://destinydb.com/ will list all the possible perks that can roll for a given weapon. Perks are very important, they can completely make or break a given weapon. A lucky NFall drop of a legendary weapon could become the best gun in your arsenal, better than any raid or vendor legendary.

This is the reason Bungie should add an ass mat sink for longtime players to be able to re-roll any legendary vendor weapon, although it might be too game breaking for some guns and perk combinations. They would have to restrict certain combinations, like they already do (e.g. only FBringer can have Firefly, Iron Banner scout rifle can't roll with Field Scout), but for all the vendor weapons.

Thanks, I have a lot of building up my arsenal to do! I probably only have a handful of weapons worth anything. My characters have to leave the few good 'uns in the vault after each session so the others can use them when they're heading out!
That destinydb.com is a great site

KxoZz

Guardian Lord! Finally solo killed that SoB Crota!
Damn it feels good to finally have this trophy.
The video of it didn't save though for some reason :(

zMY0vCK.jpg

Fuck yes.

ethomaz

Banned
Guardian Lord! Finally solo killed that SoB Crota!
Damn it feels good to finally have this trophy.
The video of it didn't save though for some reason :(

Fuck yes.
You did the flawless solo? Amazing... congrats.

Can you share your strategy for the Bridge for example? And how many Ghorns I need to shot before jump in the Crota's head with the sword?

bitsurugi

I think it's always important to pay attention to perks, to learn what is possible. Although, like you say, if you are a newer player you will be holding onto all the decent weapons you have regardless of perks.

The key with perks is to find ones that offset the intended weakness of the gun, like you said with the stability example. High impact fusion rifles like Trolley Problem have lower charge rates (i.e. longer charge times) so Accelerated Coils is ideal. High impact machine guns like Against All Odds have smaller mag sizes so Field Scout is ideal, etc.

I do but unfortunately am not at my PS4 and can't get on now, I'll be back later if you still need it.

Drizz, remember that Crucible package i got earlier?

Well, i got gauntlets from it, with PR reload and granade throw distance as perks <3 :)

Dear Xur,

Please bring the red death upgrade or the actual red death tomorrow.

- Signed, everyone

&#26126;&#26085;&#12471;&#12517;&#12540;&#12523;&#12364;&#20986;&#29694;&#12377;&#12427;&#12414;&#12391;&#12522;&#12473;&#12488;&#12434;&#25163;&#12395;&#20837;&#12428;&#12427;&#12371;&#12392;&#12399;&#20986;&#26469;&#12414;&#12379;&#12435;
&#20170;&#36913;&#12399;&#35558;&#12417;&#12390;&#19979;&#12373;&#12356;
&#30003;&#12375;&#35379;&#12394;&#12356;

&#12418;&#12375;&#20170;&#22238;&#12398;&#12497;&#12483;&#12481;&#12391;&#20462;&#27491;&#12373;&#12428;&#12390;&#12394;&#12356;&#22580;&#21512;&#12399;&#12300;Universal remote&#12301;&#12392;&#12300;Heart of the Praxic Fire&#12301;&#12364;&#26469;&#12427;&#20104;&#23450;&#12384;&#12364;&#26399;&#24453;&#12375;&#12394;&#12356;&#12391;&#27442;&#12375;&#12356;

-Megamanexe4
I don't think I need to translate this.

KxoZz

Congratz man!

You did the flawless solo? Amazing... congrats.

Can you share your strategy for the Bridge for example? And how many Ghorns I need to shot before jump in the Crota's head with the sword?

Yeah, took me about 9 hours though, thanks :)

This is me doing the bridge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdVYmHsmZNA

I would have loved to do the bridge legit, but i couldn't get it right consistently, so I did it this way which I got right 100% of the time. It's more difficult as a hunter though becuase you don't jump high enough as a hunter to safely climb the rock in the corner there after the swing across.
The spot where I sit on the other side is quite safe. 6 acolytes spawn and 3 thralls spawn in regular intervalls. The ogres will spawn as soon as you kill 10 acolytes (not sure if also on a timer). Rocket the ogre on the right and then you're safe to snipe the other one. Nothing will come near you.

Crota will need 8 Gjallarhorn shots (2 per kneel), not sure about HoC or other RLs. 2 HoC shots might do it, either that or 2 HoC and a grenade.

Deku Tree

&#26126;&#26085;&#12471;&#12517;&#12540;&#12523;&#12364;&#20986;&#29694;&#12377;&#12427;&#12414;&#12391;&#12522;&#12473;&#12488;&#12434;&#25163;&#12395;&#20837;&#12428;&#12427;&#12371;&#12392;&#12399;&#20986;&#26469;&#12414;&#12379;&#12435;
&#20170;&#36913;&#12399;&#35558;&#12417;&#12390;&#19979;&#12373;&#12356;
&#30003;&#12375;&#35379;&#12394;&#12356;

&#12418;&#12375;&#20170;&#22238;&#12398;&#12497;&#12483;&#12481;&#12391;&#20462;&#27491;&#12373;&#12428;&#12390;&#12394;&#12356;&#22580;&#21512;&#12399;&#12300;Universal remote&#12301;&#12392;&#12300;Heart of the Praxic Fire&#12301;&#12364;&#26469;&#12427;&#20104;&#23450;&#12384;&#12364;&#26399;&#24453;&#12375;&#12394;&#12356;&#12391;&#27442;&#12375;&#12356;

Really HotPF for everyone tomorrow???

Ambitious

"Until Xur shows up again (I) will not be able to obtain the list. This week please give up. Sorry about that. If it was not changed in this patch, Universal remote and Heart of the Praxic Fire were planned to come but don't get your hopes up."

Shito

Apparently, that's what is supposed to come, if this Google translation is correct:

And please do not expect to, but plans to "Universal remote" and "Heart of the Praxic Fire" will come if it has not been fixed in if this patch
Not too optimist they won't change it, though...

[EDIT]
Much better translation from Ambitious, thanks. ^^

Deku Tree

Ok now I got all raid primary burns represented on each alt at all times without going to the vault. Just got Abyss Defiant numbers 3-4. Not fully upgraded though. Thanks for the abyss-bridge runs!

ethomaz

Banned
Yeah, took me about 9 hours though, thanks :)

This is me doing the bridge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdVYmHsmZNA

I would have loved to do the bridge legit, but i couldn't get it right consistently, so I did it this way which I got right 100% of the time. It's more difficult as a hunter though becuase you don't jump high enough as a hunter to safely climb the rock in the corner there after the swing across.
The spot where I sit on the other side is quite safe. 6 acolytes spawn and 3 thralls spawn in regular intervalls. The ogres will spawn as soon as you kill 10 acolytes (not sure if also on a timer). Rocket the ogre on the right and then you're safe to snipe the other one. Nothing will come near you.

Crota will need 8 Gjallarhorn shots, not sure about HoC or other RLs. 2 HoC shots might do it, either that or 2 HoC and a grenade.
I will try solo it... I already did this trick to cross the bridge... I guess I will have trouble with Crota because I will need to get the sword, drop it, shot 2 Ghorns, get it again and kill him :p

Looks a easier than doing in group... well the groups I tried couldn't hold without die.

Jinjo

We can be fairly certain they made back-end changes to Xur.

If only to discredit the legitimacy of the leak (Xur being predetermined).

And to mess with the playerbase.

And if Ambitious is right it will be DB again this week.

Looks a easier than doing in group... well the groups I tried couldn't hold without die.

Flawless CE is a total joke no matter what, should definitely be easiest with a solid group of 4-6 though. I think I've done 8? runs so far, pre and post cheese patches, and they rarely take longer than an hour to knock out.

was happy about the update until that I found out that matchmaking is only for ordinary Weeklies and NOT for the Nightfalls

Fuck you Bungie, ... you suck Bungie, you are ass fucks

I had no problem playing with randoms for the Weekly; it wents smooth. I liked it that there was Matchmaking, didn't have to send a thousand emails to wait to start playinf

but Nightfall... to my dismay does not have matchmaking,......... why not? I will you why. Because Bungie are fuckin morons, that's why

HigXx

was happy about the update until that I found out that matchmaking is only for ordinary Weeklies and NOT for the Nightfalls

I had no problem playing with randoms for the Weekly; it wents smooth. I liked it that there was Matchmaking, didn't have to send a thousand emails to wait to start playinf

but Nightfall... to my dismay does not have matchmaking,......... why not? I will you why. Because Bungie are fuckin morons, that's why

I had many problems with the players I joined with, constantly dying, afking, and skipping the last section before Valus making everything spawn in the big room etc

Matchmade Nightfall would be horrible

KxoZz

I will try solo it... I already did this trick to cross the bridge... I guess I will have trouble with Crota because I will need to get the sword, drop it, shot 2 Ghorns, get it again and kill him :p

Ok good luck! :)

This might help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FIUko1jBaY

This was my first crota solo I did a few weeks ago. Used the same strat today during the flawless. Takes a bit of practice, but you should have it down after a few tries.

noomi

I don't think I need to translate this.

I assume this was posted on reddit, but was it recently? I don't see anything about it there, do you have a link perhaps?

He might still sell the red death upgrade which I would be greatly appreciative of though, keep hope alive!

I had many problems with the players I joined with, constantly dying, afking, and skipping the last section before Valus making everything spawn in the big room etc

Matchmade Nightfall would be horrible

I had no problems with the randoms, it went smooth, got my coins real fast.

Nah, I'm actually ok with no matchmaking in NF. NFs and raids should absolutely not have matchmaking. Bungie's response as to why it wouldn't be extended to NFs was shockingly on point in my opinion as well.

Engrams that turn into No Land Beyond

Yes, Bungie hates to look stupid. I am sure they will go out of their way to prove dataminers wrong.

Here is whats interesting. It's like the perfect game of "whos the bad guy"

Guy finds a shit ton of Destiny information that isn't available to the public.

Guy has the power to make Bungie look like a jerk. Whether or not Bungie was planning on selling the HoPF, this guy has earned enough trust to say they were going to.

It's a lose/lose situation for Bungie.

Scenario A) Xur was going to sell HoPF this weekend. Bungie leaves inventory alone. Bungie looks bad because we're getting more information from a stranger than from them.

Scenario B) Xur was going to sell HoPF this weekend. Bungie changes his inventory in an effort to discredit the guy. Bungie looks bad in the eyes of the public both because we now trust this stranger, and because of the history of HoPF. We would feel like we were punished for someone elses actions.

Scenario C) Xur wasn't going to sell HoPF. Playerbase assumes Bungie changed his inventory and looks bad for the exact same reasons in Scenario B.

Scenario D) Xur wasn't going to sell HoPF. Bungie changes it so he will sell it to avoid uproar from community. While they would receive the smallest amount of flak from this scenario, they would also probably feel the most defeated, as one single person put them in a situation they couldn't win, and there was nothing they could do about it.

I actually feel bad for Bungie right now. They seriously can't come out of this situation as the good guys.

I assume this was posted on reddit, but was it recently? I don't see anything about it there, do you have a link perhaps?

He might still sell the red death upgrade which I would be greatly appreciative of though, keep hope alive!

http://www.reddit.com/user/megamanexe4

As of right now it's his 3rd oldest post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom