• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably going to be a long summary of yesterday's patch.
They can stretch one patch to make 5 or 6 weekly updates with it, I swear...

Well when the patches introduce bugs or give Deej reason to poke fun at the players, of course they can.

In good news, Abyss Defiant seems ok in PVE. Not sure how it'll perform in Crucible though given that it sounds like SUROS is in retirement.

ocean

Banned
Do you guys max out all your Exotic weapons? I can't bring myself to do it, too much XP :p I maxed Hawkmoon, Suros, Thorn, Ice Breaker, Truth and I'm working on my newfound Gjallarhorn now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
here's my two in the morgue

what are these perks like? Anything I should definitely select?

http://www.destinydb.com/items/3463...5.0,1:1,1:2,2:4,5:5,5:6,1,0:7,0,0:8,2,0:9,1,0
The perks you've got aren't top-tier. In the single-tier ones, special ammo isn't all that much of a concern... feeding frenzy isn't bad, but that occupies the spot that shot package, rangefinder or crowd control could be in. The middle column (three selectable perks) is also a bit unfortunate- really good options to watch out for are Field Scout and Hammer Forged, though I think the high mass rounds could be pretty awesome as long as Angry isn't active.

Really though, just play around with it and see how it feels. You might be able to take advantage of its perks and wind up really enjoying it.
Honestly, I don't even pay attention to the statistical aspect of sights. I'm more concerned with the visual ADS part. Right now I find myself hating the Fang of Ir Yut because all 3 sight options are crap.
agreed, the appearance/style of the sights affects the "feel" of the gun for me and makes a huge difference whereas the stat changes are minimal. I hate the first and third on Fang but enjoy the middle one reasonably enough.
Thanks for the raid yesterday man. Was really fun!
You got it, thanks again for jumping in!

Do you guys max out all your Exotic weapons? I can't bring myself to do it, too much XP :p I maxed Hawkmoon, Suros, Thorn, Ice Breaker, Truth and I'm working on my newfound Gjallarhorn now.

I used to, and might again once the essentials are done being leveled. Overall it's not something I care much for anymore.

Really bummed about the death of my Vanquisher VIII.

It was my favorite legendary weapon in the game but last night it felt like a pea shooter :(

Oh yeah dude... all of them... that Universal Remote? DAMMMMMNNNN BOIIIIEEEEE! Shit is so hot it's on fire!

But seriously, no... I don't... I have a bunch of exotics I don't bother with (Monte Carlo, Hard Light, Universal Remote, Bad Juju)... what can I say? I'm a casual.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Nope I have around 39 exotic shards now. I just upgrade weapons and armor that I think I'll use regularly (Hawkmoon, TLW, Thorn, etc.). I am just worried that we may need to do the whole upgrade game again once HoW comes out. Hopefully we don't have to do that.

Not all of them, but the ones I plan on using I certainly will. Invective sits in the vault along with Hard Light and Patience & Time, may never use or level any of them. I don't find a lot of use for Pocket Infinity either, now that Murmur and Light of the Abyss are such good Legendaries.

noomi

Nah, I don't have it in me to do, takes me like a week to max a single exotic.

Right now I have these maxed:

- Icebreaker
- Yolohorn
- Thunderlord
- Vex
- Nechro
- Dragons Breath
- Truth

In Progress & Planned Upgrades:

- Mida (almost done)
- Patience & Time
- Plan C
- Red Death
- Universal Remote
- Thorn
- The Last Word
-
Hawkmoon :(

Everything else I don't really care about. Hard Light, monte carlo, pocket infinity, 4th horseman...etc can all wait.
"Enjoy the new patch guys! We have so much stuff coming soon!"

Would be great if he talks about weapon buffs for exotics.

Pretty much :/

Most of us weren't even born then.

hi grandpa :p

I saw Episodes 1-3 in the theater if that counts :p

EOxs889.jpg

dB Viper

Exotics Maxed:

Ghorn x3
Thunderlord
Vex
Suros
IceBreaker
Truth
Red Death
Pocket Infinity
Plan C

working on Universal Remote

Bradach

This shot gun buff really opens up a new style of play that suits me very well. A sort of change into the room and kick them in the balls Leeroy Jenkins style.

The perks you've got aren't top-tier. In the single-tier ones, special ammo isn't all that much of a concern... feeding frenzy isn't bad, but that occupies the spot that shot package, rangefinder or crowd control could be in. The middle column (three selectable perks) is also a bit unfortunate- really good options to watch out for are Field Scout and Hammer Forged, though I think the high mass rounds could be pretty awesome as long as Angry isn't active.

Really though, just play around with it and see how it feels. You might be able to take advantage of its perks and wind up really enjoying it.

Thanks for that analysis. that's really helpful. I'll make a mental note of those better perks you mentioned for future weapons.

RetroMG

Did the public event tracker get messed up again? I've been waiting at the Divide and Archer's Line, and none of them are coming up.

It's not so much that I try to level my exotics as that I try not to waste any of my XP, so if I have an exotic that I haven't leveled yet and I am turning in bounties, I'll make sure it goes to one of my unleveled exotics.

noomi

*panic mode*

Checked bungie.net and my vault doesn't show 4th horseman in the vault and none of my characters have it equipped. Need to get on remote!

Jinjo

I was doing this before TDB. Fuck if I'm gonna get that idea in my head again. Not after what they pulled last time. I'm gonna wait what they're really going to do with HoW exotic upgrade-wise before I am gonna invest any more real time and effort in this game.

*panic mode*

Checked bungie.net and my vault doesn't show 4th horseman in the vault and none of my characters have it equipped. Need to get on remote!

Mine doesn't neither. Shows as classified.

Did the public event tracker get messed up again? I've been waiting at the Divide and Archer's Line, and none of them are coming up.

Probably. It usually takes them about 48 hours after a patch to recorrect.

Actually, it was probably the maintenance more than the patch, now that I think about it.

Yeah.... weird just logged in with remote and it's in my vault, never noticed that before. Thought I had sharded it by accident.

Crisis averted!

Most of my factions are now "classified" on the destiny app. I'm assuming its some sort of communication error with the server or something.

The whole time I was leveling Iron Banner last week I had to look for the Icon.

Yep. I have all currently available exotics and all of them are maxed and distributed to the right characters (hunter: HC, sniper, SR, titan AR, SG, warlock: PR, FR). Have done the same for exotic armor too, but 5 pieces still elude me.

LTWood12

Getting there. Warlock and Titan only need rad shards to reach 32.

Titan is wearing that helm cause I decided to mess around with the striker build in free roam last night. Shoulder charge is soooo satisfying to use lol. No wonder I get pummeled with it in PvP all the time.

It's my favorite helmet aesthetically speaking:)

Not a chance. Only the ones I'll actually use. My new Hawkmoon (one of them) is only halfway upgraded because I cba and almost never use it anyway.

Maxed Gjallarhorn, Ice Breaker, Thunderlord and Truth.

phen0m24

Hey!!
I resemble that remark

Of course, realizing that for Squidhands or myself to see it in a theater would mean we were already alive during the same timeframe. 1977. My Dad thought a drive in would be more fun that the actual theater. Honestly, it was. The screen was HUMONGOUS and I was a little little dude. I sat on TOP of the station wagon. It was epic. Ahhhh Star Wars memories....

Han shot first.

And just to think a
likely many
number of years later, a Fig appeared on the same day in May. :p

Steroyd

Only if I max all the things I want to max, no use wasting xp on stuff that are already tapped out.

Pong!

Neo Member
I saw Star Wars
at a Drive In theater
I saw Star Wars in '77 and I was already legally old enough to drink. God I'm old.

On another note, I finally got my last exotic weapon (4th Horseman), well besides Necrochasm. Still can't get that Heart of Praxic Fire though...

*panic mode*

Mine isn't showing up on bungie.net either. It was on my hunter an hour ago when I logged off.

Pretty sure it's bugged because even in-game it was only showing up with one perk. The Final Round perk was invisible in the pop-up display.

RetroMG

Fresh Crota Run - Normal

1. RetroGamer42 (RetroMG)
2. LollipoPReapeR
3. TalentBurke

Need 3 more for Fresh Normal Crota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom