• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Star Wars
at a Drive In theater
Hey!!
I resemble that remark

Of course, realizing that for Squidhands or myself to see it in a theater would mean we were already alive during the same timeframe. 1977. My Dad thought a drive in would be more fun that the actual theater. Honestly, it was. The screen was HUMONGOUS and I was a little little dude. I sat on TOP of the station wagon. It was epic. Ahhhh Star Wars memories....

Han shot first.

And just to think a
likely many
number of years later, a Fig appeared on the same day in May. :p

dillon_predatoracszd.gif

Awesome, thanks. I'm running my Titan, who needs pretty much all of the gear, so I would love to do the whole thing.

Are there non-major ogres? I'm not doubting you, I've just always assumed that they're all majors.

Ogres: Patrol the Moon and find one right inside the Temple of Crota.

Do that Chamber of Oryx mission on the Moon. There is one right before the final area.

Patrol Earth and go to Skywatch. There is 50/50 chance an ogre will spawn underneath the helicopters.

Patrol Earth and go into the Grottos. There is a cave with an ogre spawn (no idea how he fit in there to begin with).

Those are the only 4 I know of.

Seriously?

Even still, I have killed red bar ogres and hydra's recently but still stuck on 92 and 90 respectively.

The only other thing I could think of is there are two rules to getting credit for a kill:

1) You have to actually deliver the killing shot.

2) If you didn't deliver the killing shot, you have to be standing within 15 meters of the person who did.

Thus, it's pretty easy to have someone swipe those kills from you. Especially in the Archon Priest strike, since everyone spreads out so much.

Ogres: Patrol the Moon and find one right inside the Temple of Crota.

Do that Chamber of Oryx mission on the Moon. There is one right before the final area.

Patrol Earth and go to Skywatch. There is 50/50 chance an ogre will spawn underneath the helicopters.

Patrol Earth and go into the Grottos. There is a cave with an ogre spawn (no idea how he fit in there to begin with).

Those are the only 4 I know of.

Assassination missions on the moon can also lead to killing normal ogres.

noomi

Mine isn't showing up on bungie.net either. It was on my hunter an hour ago when I logged off.

Pretty sure it's bugged because even in-game it was only showing up with one perk. The Final Round perk was invisible in the pop-up display.

The 4th horseman is all sorts of messed up. It's the only exotic that still starts at 283 damage, the first couple of perks cost no glimmer, and now it doesn't show up on bungie.net lol

The only other thing I could think of is there are two rules to getting credit for a kill:

1) You have to actually deliver the killing shot.

2) If you didn't deliver the killing shot, you have to be standing within 15 meters of the person who did.

Thus, it's pretty easy to have someone swipe those kills from you. Especially in the Archon Priest strike, since everyone spreads out so much.

Yeah I know that. I killed one earlier today in the Shrine of Oryx mission. I've been on 92/125 since november.

Where is the best place to kill Ogers and Hidras?

Edit - You said where already... thanks.

It sucks because best place for Hydras is the Archon priest strike, but you have to run it normally, and not the weekly/nightfall version.

There are 5 Hydras per run.

However, you have to compete with strangers due to matchmaking.

Where is the best place to kill Ogers and Hidras?

Edit - You said where already... thanks.

Hydra - Patrol Venus, spawns frequently in The Citadel, and sometimes in Ishtar Cliffs.

Higher chance to spawn Hydra's in the 'prevent Vex sacrifices' public event.

Archon Priest strike - at least 5 of them.

Eye of Gate lord - one hydra near the last vex gate.

rNilla

It sucks because best place for Hydras is the Archon priest strike, but you have to run it normally, and not the weekly/nightfall version.

There are 5 Hydras per run.

However, you have to compete with strangers due to matchmaking.

You can also just do Mars Patrol and camp outside the Black Garden entrance. One spawns every 30 seconds.

Sullichin

The 4th horseman is all sorts of messed up. It's the only exotic that still starts at 283 damage, the first couple of perks cost no glimmer, and now it doesn't show up on bungie.net lol
I heard the patch totally ruined its fast ROF, is this true? I don't have it myself to test out but I've seen multiple reddit comments claim this

Shito

Mine isn't showing up on bungie.net either. It was on my hunter an hour ago when I logged off.

Pretty sure it's bugged because even in-game it was only showing up with one perk. The Final Round perk was invisible in the pop-up display.
Probably related to that fix they did:

"Thunderer perk now has priority on the 4th Horseman tooltip"

ethomaz

Banned
Is that the condition? I thought you had to kill all the surrounding minotaurs to get it to trigger the 30 second timer.
I know she spawn there before the minotaurs...
Maybe it is the best place to "grind".

~100 hidras per hour? It is a lot of time yet :(

Edit - I need some Colossus too :p

I know she spawn there before the minotaurs...
Maybe it is the best place to "grind".

~100 hidras per hour? It is a lot of time yet :(

Edit - I need some Colossus too :p

Colossus are pretty common in the Dust Palace strike.

There are like 9 of them total from start to finish.

Hey!!
I resemble that remark

Of course, realizing that for Squidhands or myself to see it in a theater would mean we were already alive during the same timeframe. 1977. My Dad thought a drive in would be more fun that the actual theater. Honestly, it was. The screen was HUMONGOUS and I was a little little dude. I sat on TOP of the station wagon. It was epic. Ahhhh Star Wars memories....

Han shot first.

And just to think a
likely many
number of years later, a Fig appeared on the same day in May. :p

Awww bless. I have no such memories. I've never even seen a drive-in theatre.

And, yes, a great many years. :p
I need to stop checking out gaf when I'm on a conference call. I saw that gif and laughed out loud on the phone...

My work here is done then. :lol

Drive-ins don't really work these days. Bench seats made drive-ins awesome. Bucket seats destroy a national treasure.

Well, I don't think they caught on over here anyway. I've only visited the US once and that was about 15 years ago. Don't remember seeing any. It'd be cool to go to one though.

Well, I don't think they caught on over here anyway. I've only visited the US once and that was about 15 years ago. Don't remember seeing any. It'd be cool to go to one though.
We actually have one where I live. It's right next to the interstate. You can see the screens while driving passed.

_Legacy_

Did a HM crota kill last night with some close friends. One of them had never done HM crota before. He was disappointed because he only got shards and the shader from the kill.

Then we went to orbit and he got a Gjallerhorn.

Then we went to the tower and his post master had a Fang of Ir Yut.

Then we told him to feck off.

Ha, the RNG Gods favoured him well!

Sorry Macello and crew. I could hear yall, but am not using a mic right now. Let me know if anyone drops and you need a 6th
I was trying to tell you to stick around for our third run. We aren't friends and I wasn't sure why you'd left the party, so I couldn't find you again. Didn't get back on the forum until this morning.

Top of page! I'm drawing a blank. Buy my book!

noomi

Guys, does the daily mission xp count towards weapons? Also public event thingies at the postmaster give xp as well right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom