• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbf I didn't actually see you, just the skull that popped up when you died. ;)

I was basically yelling:
54921428.jpg

at the aliens... and then they wrecked me... like the filthy casual I am.

It was already a mediocre PvE super, it needs a PvE buff.

It's treated as a hand cannon so it got the same HC nerfs. Not a big deal honestly, still a PvP one shot kill in pretty much any situation that it used to be a OHK. If anything, just be sure to use that perk that extends GG range.

Neither hunter super was ever great in PvE, outside of BDancer stealth and GG for supplicants and oracles. GG is nice for generating more orbs than BD I guess.

It was already a mediocre PvE super, it needs a PvE buff.

Yeah exactly

Amateur hour...

I was enjoying AR's in PVE lately. I have a nice vanquisher I was using. An up for anything with crowd control and reactive reload that actually did as much damage as the vanquisher with twice the ROF when those perks stacked. Now i don't even wanna boot up the game, and I haven't booted it up

ethomaz

Banned
So what's the verdict on the gun changes? What guns got huge upgrades or downgrades? I know Shotguns and pulse rifles, but specifically. Are shotguns useful in PvE? How's Found Verdict and Oversoul Edict? Is the Suros and other assault rifles nerf as bad as it sounds?
For me the game got a better balance now... before pulse sucked high level and now it can be an good option over ARs and Scouts... HC are the best yet :p

And shotguns is finally usable in PVE... it continues to be a killer machine in PVP.

He broke it even more!

He got out before the shield wall pops up. We killed all the hallway spawns but nothing spawned outside. It was just us six vs Crota.

Edit: top of the page!

Fig is a very nice person who likes to cuss a lot!

you should try that every run

lol you're too kind

Another funny change in PvP, when you die with heavy, and people scour corpses for ammo and just look sad there's none there lol. So good.

Makes modes more enjoyable knowing the random who waited for nobody won't just give the top opposing player 3 more rockets. Less heavy is good.

I don't even think it was intentional even though the patch notes mentioned it. I think they just realized it was broken and made it a feature.

LTWood12

I'll join. Ok to bring my 31 Titan? Need that glowhoo! :p

If that means there will be too many 31s, I'll bring my Hunter. No biggie.

2 31s shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully ya'll have a way to heal. I'm planning on doing it at least a couple of times anyway if you want to go for multiple kills.

I wonder what Bungie is targeting for Shotgun usage. It was 1% in PvE before, it will still be low overall, but I expect it to see a huge increase now. They feel so much better and viable now. I think they may even outnumber Fusion rifles in PvE now. If you want range, you go sniper, anything close quarters is Shorgun for sure now.

Glad I didn't dismantle all of them in my vault.

spyder_ur

I wonder what Bungie is targeting for Shotgun usage. It was 1% in PvE before, it will still be low overall, but I expect it to see a huge increase now. They feel so much better and viable now. I think they may even outnumber Fusion rifles in PvE now. If you want range, you go sniper, anything close quarters is Shorgun for sure now.

Hmmm - I like this. Which ones are you finding viable? I assume Found Verdict is solid, but how are ones like Swordbreaker, 4th Horseman, Invective, Felwinter's Lie, etc., if you've used any?

And is Universal Remore decent? I finally got that the other day off Deathsinger.

Dave_6

2 31s shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully ya'll have a way to heal. I'm planning on doing it at least a couple of times anyway if you want to go for multiple kills.

I can use the bubble for healing.

I beat NM with my Titan but I can still get the HM only drops, correct? If we run it a 2nd time I can use my Warlock I guess (needs the helm still).

ethomaz

Banned
Hmmm - I like this. Which ones are you finding viable? I assume Found Verdict is solid, but how are ones like Swordbreaker, 4th Horseman, Invective, Felwinter's Lie, etc., if you've used any?

And is Universal Remore decent? I finally got that the other day off Deathsinger.
Universal Remore = Amazing
Invective = Amazing
Found Verdict = Great
Swordbreaker = Great

It is a bit overexaggerated but it is how I fell with these guns... I didn't used or have the others.

Take big enemies (yellow guys) with no time in close range.

stb

Last night I ran the NF, and one of the other 2 people did a version of the new wall cheese where he was in the middle of the wall on the end of the room you enter on. I was in the left corner of the wall Bob enters from, and the third died right at the entrance.

Everything was going fairly normally. I was peeking out of the boxes getting shots in and ducking out to take a few more when he was on the other end.

The guy in the wall was using IB to generate ammo and shoot Bob through the wall.

I eventually got lightswitched THROUGH the boxes, so we were waiting on the guy in the wall to finish him off (he only had about 20% of his life left). I moved the camera to his view to see what it looked like.

About 30 seconds after I did that, Bob spontaneously disintegrated. The guy in the wall wasn't shooting (he has IB equipped at the time), and Bob definitely still had life left.

We all got rewards, the timer kicked in, and we exited to orbit normally.

I'm wondering if the guy in the wall was "out of bounds" like the CE Bridge, and that caused the enemies to despawn? If so, it'd be hilarious of that was an exploitable "strategy" for this boss. Send one person into the room to trigger the boss to come out, let the other go to the cheese, the person inside dies, and the enemies despawn.

If anyone's motivated enough to test it, I'd love to hear the results.

Do you have a vendor shotty you could recommend? The only CE weapon I'm missing is the shotgun. Where can that drop from again?

Am I basically being told to level up my fucking Universal Remote?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmzuRXLzqKk

Manp

anyone taking a lvl 31 hunter for an hard ce run? i have no mic but i can hear other people. did hm many times.

ps4 btw

Found Verdict and Swordbeaker are wrecking shit. Void on Swordbreaker was 2 shotting Minotaurs. Undying Mind strike was actually fun to play with them. Haven't tried Pratoreans yet but people are saying it 3 shots them. I have yet to try Invective and Universal Remote, but I expect them to be similarly strong.

I have an unplayed Two to the Morgue I intend to try next, it has monster Impact.

Shito

Everything as far as I can tell. Happens in-game too. Items drop like loot if you drop it on your character via the app.
Damn!
Ok, I'm really hyped, but also quite anxious to use it: I hope they did not introduce a bug with this feature where you lose your stuff. ^^

Oh damn, they added ability to move items to and from the vault via companion app. Sweet!

No fucking way. I don't believe you. YOU'RE A BOLD-FACED LIAR... I will shard in my pants if this is true.

I don't think you're a liar at all, clearly I'm kidding. I'm just shocked at the development.

stb

I have the raid helmet (infusion version) and Skullfort, so I can get health that way. I also have Suros, but I'd imagine you'd rather have me run Ghorn than Suros + HoC.

I'm happy to stick around for a 2nd or 3rd Crota kill if we have a rhythm going and the group just wants to knock them out with the same team and/or other GAFfers don't need/want the kill, but unfortunately I don't have time to do the full raid tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom