• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait...does this mean if you're on a strike and want a weapon that's on another character, you can just go to that character, put it in the vault and then retrieve it with the character you're playing with?

If so, that is a total game changer. Awesome.
What if.... I move something from the app to my character while I'm playing... will it just show up in my inventory?

Yep. It apparently shows up on your screen like a drop from a boss.

Wait...does this mean if you're on a strike and want a weapon that's on another character, you can just go to that character, put it in the vault and then retrieve it with the character you're playing with?

If so, that is a total game changer. Awesome.

i might actually run the raid on alts again

This frees up and creates more "vault space" in two ways. Not only do we get to delete our duplicate weapons (gonna keep my dupe Horns and Icebreakers though) but we now can use other alts as pack mules with much less hassle. I still want a bigger vault but it is nice being able to just quickly dump a bunch of extra shaders on one character... omg, I just realized no need for dupe shaders any more either!

Dave_6

Holy shit, if the transfers work like I'm reading here, that is AMAZING. Going to be a HUGE time saver.

Mind = blown

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This frees up and creates more "vault space" in two ways. Not only do we get to delete our duplicate weapons (gonna keep my dupe Horns and Icebreakers though) but we now can use other alts as pack mules with much less hassle. I still want a bigger vault but it is nice being able to just quickly dump a bunch of extra shaders on one character... omg, I just realized no need for dupe shaders any more either!

Yeah, no need for dupe shaders! Honestly I don't even care about a bigger vault now. I have triples of so many weapons. Dumping 2 of each will create at least 20 open spots.

E92 M3

Well, the only thing with that is you can't transfer equipped weapons. So, there should always be a little buffer.

hydruxo

What if my weapon doesn't make the trip and is lost in the cloud forever?

I'm guessing there's safeguards against that, otherwise they wouldn't release this feature. It's been in the works for a while. They said they'd talk about it more in the weekly update today.

stb

The love/hate with this stuff is incredible.

They dangle the heavy ammo fix in front of us for months, then stealth-update the app to have probably the most compelling second screen functionality ever for a game.

So weird.

ethomaz

Banned
Well, the only thing with that is you can't transfer equipped weapons. So, there should always be a little buffer.
You can unequip (equipe another weapon) in the app since beginning :p the only issue is if you only have the equipped weapon with your char.

app isn't working for me. is showing my character on xbox instead of my playstation characters. is there a way to change which one shows like the browser version?

What iPad app? I still only see an iPhone version

sorry should have said iOS app lol

Holy shit, if the transfers work like I'm reading here, that is AMAZING. Going to be a HUGE time saver.

Mind = blown

yup, it works! wonder if you have to be logged out though. has anyone tried this with the game on? i guess it doesn't matter cause you have to log out when changing characters anyways. Just log out, switch gear through the webite and then chose your character.

Jrmint

What if my weapon doesn't make the trip and is lost in the cloud forever?
This worries me also. I think I'll just test it on planet materials for now.

Can stuff only be moved from the vault? If I have something in my character inventory can I move it from him into the vault and then into another character all from the app?

LTWood12

This worries me also. I think I'll just test it on planet materials for now.

Can stuff only be moved from the vault? If I have something in my character inventory can I move it from him into the vault and then into another character all from the app?

you can move anything TO the vault as well from the app.

Oh my god this update is huge. I can't wait to get home and fuck around with it. I'm going to spend so much less time in the tower. Being able to grab gear on alts while still doing a mission sounds like space magic.

ezekial45

Banned
I hope in a future patch they'll remove the emblem logos and shaders from the inventory.

I think it's ridiculous that they take up space to begin with.

Homeboyd

Inferno only adds to the validity of the japan player's datamined info. Not that some of the things he's found can't change, but he found these inferno playlists as well.

Reeeeeeeeeally hoping that thunderlord is coming soon like he predicted!

wanna see the first person claiming to bungie they "lost" their horn

not gonna lie tho I'm pretty nervous about transferring that one lol

E92 M3

Inferno only adds to the validity of the japan player's datamined info. Not that some of the things he's found can't change, but he found these inferno playlists as well.

Reeeeeeeeeally hoping that thunderlord is coming soon like he predicted!

Tomorrow can be a big day for you lol.

--

I wonder what the designers will talk about tomorrow and if they will announce any buffs to exotics.

I see everyone is reeling about this new update, but anyone down for a fresh VoG run on hard? I have myself and one other ready to go whenever.

Psn: Panjeet

Arrrammis

Hey, anyone want to help my 28 (a few hundred exp and lots of glimmer away from 29) titan through at least the first two sections of CE?

I'm also pretty much out of credits, so anyone want to get to the normal gatekeeper checkpoint and glimmer farm with universal remote and found verdict? :)

PSN:Arrrammis

vctor182

Haven't made a Titan yet and I have all of this waiting...

okg4CFI.jpg

There's legendary leg armor too lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom