• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
crap... got so busy at work, didn't get to post signups. they're coming very very very soon now, please stay tuned if you want in tonight's newbie raid (CE).

haha, glad you guys are digging the companion changes. shall I retrieve our sine wave? :3

Posting rate,
Last 40 pages of OT17: 0.66ppm
First 40 pages of OT18: 1.05ppm

I'm confused about something. Does 'take from vault' work in missions? Does it not work in Darkness zones?

From update:
Oops, you’re halfway through the Daily Story Mission and realize you need that Fusion Rifle with Void. No worries, it’s just a couple clicks away.
Remember, Equip from Companion works only when you’re not playing Destiny in a combat space.

Or do they just mean you can't equip it from the app while in a mission but you can still take it from the vault?

E92 M3

This new vault management system is a huge QOL change that Bungie did right by. Now all I want is for certain exotics to get buffed and will be one happy camper for a while. At least the biggest hassle of switching alts is finally done.

Haven't made a Titan yet and I have all of this waiting...

okg4CFI.jpg

There's legendary leg armor too lol

damn bro.. get on that!

just do bounties and crucible.. hit 20 in no time

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm confused about something. Does 'take from vault' work in missions? Does it not work in Darkness zones?

From update:

Or do they just mean you can't equip it from the app while in a mission but you can still take it from the vault?
Like, you can't literally make a gun be the one you're equipped using in your hands, from the app, unless you're in orbit or the tower.

edit: your reaction should of course be "who cares." transfer the item to your inventory from the app, then equip it in-game.

Homeboyd

Ah good, I see one of the gif's in the update shows a player with a song of ir yut and a thunderlord in the background. Mocking me for revealing their secret early?

So childish Bungie.

:''''''''''''''''''''(

Jinjo

Wow @ the companion app update. Awesome. Now we just need to be able to pick up bounties with the app and we never have to visit that pesky tower again except for Xur (who am I kidding, he stopped selling the good stuff long ago). And just when they're gonna add a new social space lol.

I'm all for new Crucible modes, but what I really want are new modes that de-emphasize kills ala Salvage (please make Salvage permanent already Bungie). Inferno is again, just a new variation of deathmatch and I don't think it even goes far enough (shouldn't have Supers at all).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have a void Hide and Seek with shot package. Is that better than Swordbreaker?
*shrug* assuming a 331 Hide and Seek? Just try em both, see what you like better. certainly could be

I've confirmed my inner min-maxing goddess is definitely dead with this update. I feel that style counts for something greater to me than most, and killing sword-wielding Knights with a shotgun named Swordbreaker is just too good not to make it my Warlock's weapon of choice for the time being.

deleting all the extra raid weapons I've keep, thinking I'd eventually level up, is going to feel soo good. my hoarding ways are over. Only dupes I'll keep will be IBs, but those will get deleted eventually I'm sure.

The less time we have to fuck around in the vault while going to tower or the upcoming Reef, the more potential there is for socialization. I hope they have that in mind. Let us get bounties, buy shit from the vendors, etc all from the app, that way if people are actually rolling in to Tower or Reef they are looking to team up with people or socialize.

If only the app allowed me to transfer characters and gear from Xbone to PS, I would be...

(and also to transfer me from work to home)

GET ON THAT BUNGIE
Ahh, maybe some day we'll be able to transfer ourselves through the app. Bungie is failing until they implement teleportation.

Wow @ the companion app update. Awesome. Now we just need to be able to pick up bounties with the app and we never have to visit that pesky tower again except for Xur (who am I kidding, he stopped selling the good stuff long ago). And just when they're gonna add a new social space lol.

Bounties and vendors would be amazing. this is unrelated but I would love to be able to delete consumables like telemetries.

ethomaz

Banned

From update:

"The take from vault" works every time even in mission.
"Equip" just works if you char that are not in mission.

Two different actions... "Equip" exists since day one.

Namikaze1

Go on without me, guys. Destiny just doesn't want to let me play.

Edit: top of the page again.

In the words of the great fig, fuck you baboon!

border

I'm not futzing around with that Vault Transfer app stuff until it's been confirmed completely bug-free. I worry that somehow an important weapon is going to get temporarily or permanently lost.

I would also bet $20 that someone is going to figure out hot to abuse the Vault App Transfer system to create duplicate weapons and armor. I suppose that's the upside of having zero in-game economy though -- duping really doesn't ruin everything, it just makes life mildly easier for cheaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom