• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinjo

Bounties and vendors would be amazing. this is unrelated but I would love to be able to delete consumables like telemetries.

This. I have 20 fusion rifle telemetry I'm never gonna use lol.

vault thing is dope, i remember when people leveled multiple weapons for each character

t9CLTCh.gif

Three maxed Gjallarhorns. No regrets.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
has anyone tested this yet? Can you transfer your stuff to and from your character that is logged in?
You can transfer stuff literally in combat. Listen to this example use case they provide:
Oops, you’re halfway through the Daily Story Mission and realize you need that Fusion Rifle with Void. No worries, it’s just a couple clicks away.

Cruxist

I love the app item transfer stuff. I accidentally merged weapon parts like a month ago and its been really frustrating having one character have 500 while another had 15. Thank god for adjusting the stacks.

Can't wait to see the inevitable dupe glitch though. I'll triple up that ballerhorn goodness with no shame.

So awesome that I don't have to log in ahead of time to prep my characters to then in turn come back to GAF and try to match make. I can just jump in head first with any toon as soon as the requests come up on GAF and sort it all out in orbit.

Dope as fuck. PS - I have a huge knack for efficiency so the whole Tower swap stuff was a huge annoyance for me.

hydruxo

This is going to make leveling up weapons sooo much easier too. Do bounties on one character, swap weapons to another, repeat.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sign up time! Sorry I'm posting this so late, I messed up! Newbie raid tonight is CE. Thanks to my newfound Shotgun Confidence for the Bridge and Deathsinger I'm happy to accommodate a 29 or two if anyone is out there looking to run their first one.

If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 2/26 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday - 3/1 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.

No way to delete/dismantle something from the app/website is there? I REALLY want to get rid of all but one Word of Crota, Husk 'o the pit and other random stuffs.

I'm not futzing around with that Vault Transfer app stuff until it's been confirmed completely bug-free. I worry that somehow an important weapon is going to get temporarily or permanently lost.

I would also bet $20 that someone is going to figure out hot to abuse the Vault App Transfer system to create duplicate weapons and armor. I suppose that's the upside of having zero in-game economy though -- duping really doesn't ruin everything, it just makes life mildly easier for cheaters.

You're missing out an a game changing new feature. One of the biggest and best changes since launch. I'll be upset if something bad happens, but this feature is too helpful to not use. I'm trashing so many weapons, and going to be able to organize my gear so much better now.

Sign up time! Sorry I'm posting this so late, I messed up! Newbie raid tonight is CE. Thanks to my newfound Shotgun Confidence for the Bridge and Deathsinger I'm happy to accommodate a 29 or two if anyone is out there looking to run their first one.

If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 2/26 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday - 3/1 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.

Signed up for sword school. I'm a repeater, but I've never done it on my hunter and want to get the invisibility stuff down.

The new advisors section of the web site is pretty cool too. Shows if you've done the weekly/nightfall/daily. Also has all the new faction into they've added to the in game UI

wish shaders had their own spot in the vault though. i collect shaders and there's just no room for all of them. there are just so many

agreed they should just be their own thing to unlock and accessible across all characters that you can access in the pause menu .. not "items" basically

but still i can make room by having one of each shader on all my chars plus vault space now.. its a start

Any of you guys have any tips on how to jump from 28 to 29? I have legendary/exotic everything except a chestpiece; should I just bite the bullet and level crucible reputation or is there a faster way?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You guys doing another Mythocast anytime soon?
I believe Todd ruled that as soon as there's some HoW news from an official source, that's our signal for a new episode.
Any of you guys have any tips on how to jump from 28 to 29? I have legendary/exotic everything except a chestpiece; should I just bite the bullet and level crucible reputation or is there a faster way?
Uhh, Vanguard? Am I missing something? :p

Vendor gear with an exotic will get you all the way to 31.
Signed up for sword school. I'm a repeater, but I've never done it on my hunter and want to get the invisibility stuff down.
For sure, bring whatever character you need the experience on!

Yep, no reason for shaders to be an item. They need their own sub menu and when you earn/buy one it unlocks across all characters. Absolutely pointless to have them take up vault space. I'll sooner have 9 Gjallahorns on all three characters before I get one of each Dead Orbit shader on each character.

Get someone to carry you through CE for some raid gear. It's lame not being able to help, but the drops are worth it, especially if you're just starting out.

Born2Live

Anybody want to get a group together for x3 Crota HM clears? We will need CP and swordbearer. I'll get a list started.

1. born2live/Ty_84

Ty_84.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Get someone to carry you through CE for some raid gear. It's lame not being able to help, but the drops are worth it, especially if you're just starting out.
hmm. yeah... tom, if you're okay with the concept of being literally unable to damage anything in the back half of the raid, I'm happy to take you along on our newbie run at 28. But, you should be able to hit 29 comfortably without any raid gear as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom