• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh, Vanguard? Am I missing something? :p

Vendor gear with an exotic will get you all the way to 31.

It's basically just the commendations keeping me down, although with heroics having matchmaking now, I might actually make some progress in vanguard.

Re: the raid tonight; I'd rather my first go be one that I can really help out with, so I'll just grind a bit until the next time you guys run CE again (in two weeks, I think?) Appreciate the offer, though!

E92 M3

Vault update is amazing. I gave myself Against All Odds in the middle of a Rumble match because I left it in my vault

SU2bkFp.gif

Frostburn

Cool... looks like we need 4 more (or are we just going to 2-man this?)

Normal CE fresh or from DS starting in about 20-30 mins

1) GKW212
2) Dhruv
3) US-Frostburn
4)
5)
6)

I need to kill Deathsinger x2 on Hunter and Titan. I have Deathsinger CP on my Hunter I think but I'm cool with a full run too for extra material drops.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Any of you guys have any tips on how to jump from 28 to 29? I have legendary/exotic everything except a chestpiece; should I just bite the bullet and level crucible reputation or is there a faster way?
I was so confused here I went I went and looked up your account- had to see what the deal was!

Here we go:

Helm - This is an old Pre-TDB vendor legendary. It's 6 Light below what the one you could buy from the vendor would be at; 9 light below CE raid gear, Iron Banner gear or an Exotic helm.
Gloves - Good, but not maxed... you need an Exotic shard for your Sunbreakers eh? :) The 2 light from that alone might push you from 28 to 29.
Chest - Yikes. This is a Pre-TDB blue. 13 light below what you can buy from the vendor right now, 16 below the current top tier. Buy a vendor chest piece immediately! It'll put you WAY over 29.
Boots - These are old, pre-TDB too- and not maxed either ;)

Looks a whole lot like you haven't acquired any new gear since TDB came out! Let me know if you have any questions.
It's basically just the commendations keeping me down, although with heroics having matchmaking now, I might actually make some progress in vanguard.

Re: the raid tonight; I'd rather my first go be one that I can really help out with, so I'll just grind a bit until the next time you guys run CE again (in two weeks, I think?) Appreciate the offer, though!
Neither boots nor gloves require a commendation. I recommend replacing the boots immediately since they're not maxed and you're already rocking exotic gloves.

I'm in, currently on my 29 titan, but if I can get the gloves or boots from the abyss or bridge, I'll be 30 for deathsinger and crota.
PSN:Arrrammis

I need to kill Deathsinger x2 on Hunter and Titan.

Cool.

Need two more for Normal CE... I am honestly just doing it for the loot drops from Deathsinger and Crota... so... if anyone has that checkpoint, I can skip the first part... unless we want to try to get Arrrammis some gear. Up to you guys. I have about 2.5 hours to kill.

Arrrammis

Cool.

Need two more for Normal CE... I am honestly just doing it for the loot drops from Deathsinger and Crota... so... if anyone has that checkpoint, I can skip the first part... unless we want to try to get Arrrammis some gear. Up to you guys. I have about 2.5 hours to kill.
I can run the abyss and bridge later if you just want to continue from deathsinger.

Just got it too and I was so disappointed with how it looks on my Warlock but it looks tight on my Hunter with the Dead Orbit hood.

is bittersteel the one thats basically chatterwhite?

thats why i wanted a chatterwhite on my hunter cause i can't get any dead orbit shaders

i liked chatterwhite on warlock with the obsidian mind helmet

spyder_ur

Just noticed another thing when playing around with the app. Not sure if it's in game too or not because I didn't play yesterday, but you can finally move certain quantities or items around, instead of the whole block.

For example, if I have 28 Spinmetal in my vault, I can just grab the 16 I need for an upgrade from the app.

good stuff.

I was so confused here I went I went and looked up your account- had to see what the deal was!

Here we go:

Helm - This is an old Pre-TDB vendor legendary. It's 6 Light below what the one you could buy from the vendor would be at; 9 light below CE raid gear, Iron Banner gear or an Exotic helm.
Gloves - Good, but not maxed... you need an Exotic shard for your Sunbreakers eh? :) The 2 light from that alone might push you from 28 to 29.
Chest - Yikes. This is a Pre-TDB blue. 13 light below what you can buy from the vendor right now, 16 below the current top tier. Buy a vendor chest piece immediately! It'll put you WAY over 29.
Boots - These are old, pre-TDB too- and not maxed either ;)

Looks a whole lot like you haven't acquired any new gear since TDB came out! Let me know if you have any questions.

Neither boots nor gloves require a commendation. I recommend replacing the boots immediately since they're not maxed and you're already rocking exotic gloves.

Well shit, that would do it, then. I'll go get some boots and gloves when I get home from class. Thanks for the info!

blazeuk

Got my first Gjallarhorn yesterday followed quickly by a second, today the second has become pointless with it being so easy to move weapons around characters now, not complaining though I can now happily delete a bunch of dupes I've been storing (will still keep the 2nd Gjallarhorn too).

Dave_6

Can't believe I'd ever say this, but I'm pumped to get home and run around with the Universal Remote! I used the Invective for the first time ever last night and was wrecking level 30 Knights with one shot.

Can't wait to level up my warlock and hunter so I might get the Saint-14 for my 31 titan...

Hasn't worked for me so far :/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

So hmm... honestly, you buy yourself some boots and like just baarely level them (maybe one defense bubble worth, I think), and you'll be 29. You could totally do it before the raid tonight if you're interested!

If you're definitely skipping tonight, I'd say your longer term game plan should be:

-If you have 0 commendations, still buy boots first
-Do the Eris quests. The "Urn" questline ends with giving you a pair of 33 light gloves, but you need to do parts of it while Xur is in town (Fri. and Sat.)
-Buy an Exotic helm from Xur- Sunbreakers are good, but not all that useful in PvE, and legendary helms are the toughest armor pieces to come by.
-Once you get your first commendation, buy a vendor chestpiece

You'll hit 30 easily somewhere in there, and can comfortably start running CE normal with good groups and start working toward 32!
Well shit, that would do it, then. I'll go get some boots and gloves when I get home from class. Thanks for the info!
Not gloves, not gloves! Your exotic gloves are providing the bulk of your Light currently- plus you can get that "free" pair of 33 light ones I mentioned from the quest. Boots alone (if you level them up a tiny bit) will do the job though, I'm positive.

Go ahead and sign up for the Raid! :D

Carbonox

Blue Engram
Purple Engram

=

LDR Sniper Rifle
One Way Ticket 000 Rocket Launcher

Latter will get dismantled cos it's shit and I already own one. The former I'll keep cos an armor-piercing sniper sounds useful.

----

Considering leveling up Dead Orbit. Any particular reason to opt for this one as I know a LOT of people like leveling this faction up?

phen0m24

Got my first Gjallarhorn yesterday followed quickly by a second, today the second has become pointless with it being so easy to move weapons around characters now, not complaining though I can now happily delete a bunch of dupes I've been storing (will still keep the 2nd Gjallarhorn too).

I wish I could give my spare gjallarhorns to Hudson and Narmer

Then they could join us in heavy ammo pack management 101

rNilla

Has anyone tested how instant the transfers are from the browser to the actual game?

I only played around with it briefly but it was instant. Transfered a gun from the vault to my Orbit character and back. Then transferred some armor to the vault and back.

EDIT: Top of page in your face!

tyttpGYCsTSBYAZJQ7m.gif

border

Looking to run either Normal DS ---> Crota or just a fresh normal CE in about 30 mins.

1) GKW212 (GAF: Narmer)
2) Dhruv_hanom
3) Arrrammis
4) US-Frostburn
5) hedera_
6) border199x

I think this is the list of everyone going -- I'd like to get in if there is a slot left. (Please note that I've listed mostly GAF nicknames, not PSN IDs). I would be bringing a 30 Warlock or 30 Titan, with all raid weapons and exotics.

PSN: border199x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom