• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the list of everyone going -- I'd like to get in if there is a slot left. (Please note that I've listed mostly GAF nicknames, not PSN IDs). I would be bringing a 30 Warlock or 30 Titan, with all raid weapons and exotics.

PSN: border199x

Join on me, just sent you a FR.

I wish I could give my spare gjallarhorns to Hudson and Narmer

Then they could join us in heavy ammo pack management 101

So far this week...

3 x Gorgon Hard
3 x Atheon Hard
1 x Crota Hard
2 x Crota Normal
3 x Deathsinger

Zero exotics.

Still have...

3 x Nighfall (no burn, so I'm in no hurry and probably won't get them all this week)
2 x Crota Hard

As for heavy pack management...I just used the app to put 20 packs on both my Warlock and Hunter. I had about 14 left for my Titan.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
página nueva!
Sign up time! Sorry I'm posting this so late, I messed up! Newbie raid tonight is CE. Thanks to my newfound Shotgun Confidence for the Bridge and Deathsinger I'm happy to accommodate a 29 or two if anyone is out there looking to run their first one.

If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 2/26 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday - 3/1 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.

B-zQzcLWoAAgQUp.jpg:large
B-zQzcLWoAAgQUp.jpg:large

Got 2 Thunderlords back to back in 2 Hard Crota kills...Drizzay saw it all

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23029-1386435029-5.gif

Zoidberg

Am I imagining things or do you now start with less shotgun ammo in pve as well now? I was only spawning with 6 in the clip + 1 in reserve last night when doing bounties, which seems low, but I can't actually remember what it was before.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Am I imagining things or do you now start with less shotgun ammo in pve as well now? I was only spawning with 6 in the clip + 1 in reserve last night when doing bounties, which seems low, but I can't actually remember what it was before.
It's not really like that, so far as I know in PvE it's just tracked and you literally just start with "whatever you had last time"

Mindlog

I spent 90+ motes last week chasing a weapon that would have disappointed me this week. The change to Armor Piercing blows. I wish I knew what they were trying to achieve. It is very hard to nail down exactly what I can shoot through. The walls around B on Gap are apparently made of depleted uranium now.

Boo AP changes.

Nice vault change. I'll be demolishing about 12 weapons later. Just in time for the vault change to be rolled back.

It's not really like that, so far as I know in PvE it's just tracked and you literally just start with "whatever you had last time"

I always thought there was a minimum amount you always start with for Primary and Special. From doing Fist of Crota so much it always seems like it resets those to a set amount if you were below the threshold. I could be wrong.

Zoidberg

Sounds about right. So would swapping weapons in orbit and tower do the same as if you swapped in a combat zone, reduce ammo count for when you do spawn? Or does that mechanic only exist in combat zones?

Nice vault change. I'll be demolishing about 12 weapons later. Just in time for the vault change to be rolled back.

It is a nice half measure to help with the vault space issue for the short term until a permanent fix is made. I cleaned out about 8 new spots in my vault by just using characters inventory slots now.

I spent 90+ motes last week chasing a weapon that would have disappointed me this week. The change to Armor Piercing blows. I wish I knew what they were trying to achieve. It is very hard to nail down exactly what I can shoot through. The walls around B on Gap are apparently made of depleted uranium now.

Boo AP changes.

That's sad. I just got my sniper with AP as well. Does it at least shoot swordbearer behind his fave rock?

vctor182

So i have the LDR vendor version and got another LDR with Arc dmg but has Performance Bonus, Snapshot, Armor Piercing, Custom Optics and Clow Catridge. Which one is better?

A fellow gaffer, Pong!, took me under his wing this afternoon and showed me the ropes in Destiny. Helped me get a couple levels but more importantly explained how a bunch of things work, especially Vanguard levels, and the importance of doing daily bounties and mission events. Frankly, I am not sure how long this would have taken for me to figure this out on my own - the Destiny level system is much deeper than I realized. I started playing Destiny with very little knowledge of the game (other than enjoying all of Bungie's Halo games), so it was very helpful to have someone share their knowledge and experience with me. This isn't Diablo, just killing shit won't do much for you - needs to be part of a bounty, or daily event/strike/mission to get Vanguard points. He then warned me that once I hit 20, I need to worry about Light points too! I love this game.

We also had a great time doing several strike missions and a story mission to open Mars. This game is a lot more fun when you are part of a strike team, and everyone is using mics. I would definitely recommend joining Pong! (PSN Luft46) online. The guy is fun, uses a mic, and he knows this game backwards.

If anything I said here is incorrect, the fault is mine as Destiny is deep and I have a long way to go to fully understand and appreciate this game.

Cheers

Just saw this on Reddit:

So I use explosive rounds with fatebringer because I love it. I know some may not like it or think it doesn't do as much damage, but I love it.

The explosive damage sometimes would prevent firefly from proc'ing because the damage was scheduled after precision damage. I tried it out last night and it seems to proc correctly! So stoked. That means the phantom gift perk on word of crota against hive majors is fixed now too (since it was bugged by a similar scheduling issue)...

So stoked about this new patch!

Can anyone confirm?

So i have the LDR vendor version and got another LDR with Arc dmg but has Performance Bonus, Snapshot, Armor Piercing, Custom Optics and Clow Catridge. Which one is better?

I like unflinching on snipers and I know the vendor has that. Can't remember all the perks, but I'd probably go with the vendor version.

This is the biggest question I've been wondering about. Would be kinda shitty if this was a round about way of getting things to "work as intended".

Armor Piercing still allows you to shoot at the Sword Bearer at Crota.

It DOES NOT allow you to shoot through the floor for Ir Yut to lure out her backup singers.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sounds about right. So would swapping weapons in orbit and tower do the same as if you swapped in a combat zone, reduce ammo count for when you do spawn? Or does that mechanic only exist in combat zones?
absolutely no idea. fair question, but in all honesty I've never thought that much about my special ammo count. I do keep special synths on hand if I run out in a terrible spot or screw myself swapping weapons without thinking.
A fellow gaffer, Pong!, took me under his wing this afternoon and showed me the ropes in Destiny. Helped me get a couple levels but more importantly explained how a bunch of things work, especially Vanguard levels, and the importance of doing daily bounties and mission events. Frankly, I am not sure how long this would have taken for me to figure this out on my own - the Destiny level system is much deeper than I realized. I started playing Destiny with very little knowledge of the game (other than enjoying all of Bungie's Halo games), so it was very helpful to have someone share their knowledge and experience with me. This isn't Diablo, just killing shit won't do much for you - needs to be part of a bounty, or daily event/strike/mission to get Vanguard points. He then warned me that once I hit 20, I need to worry about Light points too! I love this game.

We also had a great time doing several strike missions and a story mission to open Mars. This game is a lot more fun when you are part of a strike team, and everyone is using mics. I would definitely recommend joining Pong! (PSN Luft46) online. The guy is fun, uses a mic, and he knows this game backwards.

If anything I said here is incorrect, the fault is mine as Destiny is deep and I have a long way to go to fully understand and appreciate this game.

Cheers
Welcome! When you're getting ready to hit 20, feel free to check out the guides in the OP, and also feel free to PM me with any questions, a bit of the information will be dated but all the general principles still apply.

rekt omniugl with found verdict

undying mind strike is actually kinda fun now with universal remote and sword breaker

the boss still sucks tho

RetroMG

Frankly, I am not sure how long this would have taken for me to figure this out on my own - the Destiny level system is much deeper than I realized. I started playing Destiny with very little knowledge of the game (other than enjoying all of Bungie's Halo games), so it was very helpful to have someone share their knowledge and experience with me.

I had a very similar experience. I got the game at launch, played until I hit 20 on my hunter and finished the main story, and then quit. A friend of mine kept going, found out about light levels, Xur, and all of the stuff we take for granted now. He eventually invited me back and showed me all that stuff.

I really wish I'd kept going - I probably could have bought a Gjallerhorn off of Xur the one time he sold it.

vctor182

Cheers

Welcome to DGAF and don't start worrying about stuff yet, you'll have plenty of time for that lol
Also, if you're just starting I suggest to not choose a faction yet (Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, New Monarchy) and stick to the Vanguard since it's easier to get Vanguard points and you can purchase armor and weapons faster

I like unflinching on snipers and I know the vendor has that. Can't remember all the perks, but I'd probably go with the vendor version.

Yeah it has other types of rounds too, I'll keep that then!

What does everyone do with all their shaders? All 3 of my characters are full with very few dupes among them. Don't want to keep them in the vault.

What does everyone do with all their shaders? All 3 of my characters are full with very few dupes among them. Don't want to keep them in the vault.

I pretty much destroy any shader that I get from PvP. I have 1 or two slots open per character.

Only have 1 shader in the bank, and it's an Iron Banner shader for ranking purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom