• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
ONLY BETTER IF YOU SHARDED THEM IMMEDIATELY

I've got 4 now, going to make a video of them in my Vault like Drizzay taunts me with Hawkmoons.

The new vault change puts a damper on dupes now, but still cool.

I plan to max all 3 of my Thunderlords because why the hell not.

I've gotten 7!

One of those is supposed to be mine :/

eZaiqF6.jpg

Guys how good is the oversoul edict in PVP now? I dismantled mine the other day. Now I have to do some fresh HM crota runs to get it back

I am by no means any good at PvP, but I played a round with it last night and did really well. With the stability perk instead of field scout, it's pretty rad. I'm using it a lot now, until I get Three Little Words from the crucible vendor. I don't have a Red Death to compare it to and my bad juju is unleveled.

raindoc

I'm away from home for some training, can't check the update - how are the weapons performing now (esp hand cannons)?
What did they do to AP rounds?
And the vault?

nOoblet16

"The black garden may not stay...."

tyxRRtyh.jpg

Nope..nope..nope

EDIT: The inventory management is cool, no more multiple tower trips to switch gears for scrota. And this means no more waiting for the tower matchmaking.

I'm away from home for some training, can't check the update - how are the weapons performing now (esp hand cannons)?
What did they do to AP rounds?
And the vault?

Hand Cannons don't really feel different.
AP is useless now.
Pulse Rifles finally get a little respect. AR's are useless. Suros is dead weight.

Vault.............I am unsure.

What was the intended purpose of Armor Piercing in the first place. Just to shoot Phalanx through shields? The bonus of shooting stuff through walls was great, too bad it had to change.

raindoc

Hand Cannons don't really feel different.
AP is useless now.
Pulse Rifles finally get a little respect. AR's are useless. Suros is dead weight.

Vault.............I am unsure.

of course, I just leveled mine up. and 3 Abyss Defiants.
Well, at least HC still work...

I assume those are datamined or just an incredibly rare drop?

Incredibly rare.

I've actually seen the Dead Orbit one. Haven't seen the others. Which makes sense considering how many people are trying for Dead Orbit shaders.

What was the intended purpose of Armor Piercing in the first place. Just to shoot Phalanx through shields? The bonus of shooting stuff through walls was great, too bad it had to change.

To shoot through multiple targets at once.

The idea was bullets that penetrate enemies and proceed to hit further enemies behind them.

Like, imagine a multi kill from a single sniper bullet.

stb

When you use the app/website to transfer a vault item to your character, do other players see the "Berried_treasurE found Hawmoon." text?

Might be funny to do that the end of Crucible rounds to troll people.

Definitely be annoying to see while playing since everyone's eyes are kind of trained to look for yellow/purple text in the bottom left of the screen.

What's this new update?

I'm not a fan of this app vault management. Not the solution I want. Band aid is what it is.

This better not be their solution or for the new social space to have a second vault.

Mindlog

Hrm.
You can change your vault through PC.
We can load scripts on PC.
Loadout script. Let's go.
When you use the app/website to transfer a vault item to your character, do other players see the "Berried_treasurE found Hawmoon." text?

Might be funny to do that the end of Crucible rounds to troll people.

Definitely be annoying to see while playing since everyone's eyes are kind of trained to look for yellow/purple text in the bottom left of the screen.
I'd find Gjallarhorn every 30 seconds.

What's this new update?

I'm not a fan of this app vault management. Not the solution I want. Band aid is what it is.

This better not be their solution or for the new social space to have a second vault.

Huh why not? It's fantastic! My guess is now they'll just make the vault bigger and you can access it at either social space or your app/browser and that's awesome. 1 space access anywhere.

I don't want to. Manage multiple storage spaces. 1 vault to rule them all ftw

Huh why not? It's fantastic! My guess is now they'll just make the vault bigger and you can access it at either social space or your app/browser and that's awesome. 1 space access anywhere

No one should need a secondary device to perform functions that should be in the game. I hate second screen bullshit.

Band aid.

What's this new update?

You can also just use bungie.net on any browser if its the app part that bothers you.

No one should need a secondary device to perform functions that should be in the game. I hate second screen bullshit.

Band aid.

Managing what your other characters and your vault has remotely via your controller is way more time consuming. Especially when you need to enter the amount of mats that you can do easily with a slider on your phone/browser. Mouse/keyboard combo then that'll be fine (pc) but it's the best solution the way they've done it for consoles.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
AP is useless now.
No... please don't spread this misinformation. What I consider to be the absolute best use of it in the game is still perfectly functional- you can shoot the Swordbearer, and Ogres, through the rocks and accouterments of Crota's arena.
Well, to shoot through targets. if you shoot a guy and there's a guy behind him it hits both. Also please be aware the shooting through walls has been limited, not eliminated.
He's exaggerating. They're definitely pretty fucked in PvP but in PvE the AR's feel fine. The usefulness of the Abyss Defiant is still great.
AD has that wizard magic going for it.

I dunno, my Vanquisher was apparently hit almost the hardest of all and I was still enjoying using it in CE last night. Granted I was highly distracted by making bitches kneel with Swordbreaker at the time.

Managing what your other characters and your vault has remotely via your controller is way more time consuming. Especially when you need to enter the amount of mats that you can do easily with a slider on your phone/browser. Mouse/keyboard combo then that'll be fine but it's the best solution the way they've done it

I don't like using another screen. I thought it was over with the faction stuff being in the inventory but now this makes me need it again.

Other games can do it. Get on it Bungie. I hope there is more to this. I don't like it. It's not what I expected. I hate the app and bungie.net

todd360

I don't like using another screen. I thought it was over with the faction stuff being in the inventory but now this makes me need it again.

Other games can do it. Get on it Bungie. I hope there is more to this. I don't like it. It's not what I expected. I hate the app and bungie.net

Its better than nothing. Quit complaining about the Band-Aids. Better than exposed wounds. I don't want it to become infected.

It's about saving a lot time. We're talking about seconds (new way) vs minutes (old way) each time you need to swap stuff! We've literally wasted hours for the amount we've playing by taking multiple trips to the tower each week and this saves us that time! Not to mention in the middle of strikes/raids.

Ew. That's the worst way you could do this.

They definitely should add the functionality in-game, but this is a nice half measure. Manipulation of pointers in the database through a web app is probably a lot easier to develop than an in-game solution.

C'mon, it took them 5 months to address Heavy Ammo loss, lets be happy they were able to do something at all for Vault Management that is very useful even if it is not ideal.

I plan to swap gear around during load screens from my Phone, seems like the most efficient use of time.

Its better than nothing. Quit complaining about the Band-Aids. Better than exposed wounds. I don't want it to become infected.

It's about saving a lot time. We're talking about seconds (new way) vs minutes (old way) each time you need to swap stuff! We've literally wasted hours for the amount we've playing by taking multiple trips to the tower each week and this saves us that time!

I'm just getting tired of no communication and then this hits and its nowhere close to what most people wanted.

Ditto the last patch.

Bungie hasn't provided anything meaningful to my game experience since TDB launched. Months of nothing for me. Getting annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom