• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
No... please don't spread this misinformation. What I consider to be the absolute best use of it in the game is still perfectly functional- you can shoot the Swordbearer, and Ogres, through the rocks and accouterments of Crota's arena.

Well, to shoot through targets. if you shoot a guy and there's a guy behind him it hits both. Also please be aware the shooting through walls has been limited, not eliminated.

AD has that wizard magic going for it.

I dunno, my Vanquisher was apparently hit almost the hardest of all and I was still enjoying using it in CE last night. Granted I was highly distracted by making bitches kneel with Swordbreaker at the time.

How did the Swordbreaker fair against the Deathsinger Knights? Can you clear the trash before going in?

I'm just getting tired of no communication and then this hits and its nowhere close to what most people wanted.

Ditto the last patch.

Bungie hasn't provided anything meaningful to my game experience since TDB launched. Months of nothing for me. Getting annoyed.

I think the bolded is a bit of an overstatement. Obviously there are people happy about it, so it must have been pretty near the target.

Not a single soul anywhere, can't even find 1 for ROC. Very weird.

Did your NAT settings get messed up?

todd360

So how long 'til someone loses their Gjallarhorn due to the mobile vault management bugging?

That's a good thing. It only effects ghorn for some reason and there is a massive outcry of pissed off people. Xur then sells it to make it up to the people who lost there ghorns.

I don't like using another screen. I thought it was over with the faction stuff being in the inventory but now this makes me need it again.

Other games can do it. Get on it Bungie. I hope there is more to this. I don't like it. It's not what I expected. I hate the app and bungie.net

Baby steps. It's an evolution of a shitty system. It's better than what we had before so Im happy

I think the bolded is a bit of an overstatement. Obviously there are people happy about it, so it must have been pretty near the target.

I'm just getting tired of no communication and then this hits and its nowhere close to what most people wanted.

Ditto the last patch.

Bungie hasn't provided anything meaningful to my game experience since TDB launched. Months of nothing for me. Getting annoyed.

Yea thus is absolutely awesome for me. I've wanted the ability to manage vault/guns remotely and I expected an "Orbit" vault management but being able to do it in the middle of the match and on your phone/tablet/laptop?! Amazing!

I always have my laptop and phone nearby for DGAF and Twitch and whatever else anyways and I'm sure most people have 1 with them for DGAF so it shouldn't do anything that's more work for most of us. Just open a new tab on your browser like all the other tabs.

Did your NAT settings get messed up?

No one I've ever spoken with in game or here said that online management is what they would want as the first option to do this.

Whatever.

I'm just continuing to be unimpressed by Bungie.

Steroyd

Switching stuff using my phone is a godsend, no more super long trips because I forgot to take x out of the vault.

Instantly got my Red Death through the app when I remembered that Pulse Rifle's don't automatically suck anymore.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
access to and from the vault from the web app/mobile app has been a highly requested feature, right alongside access to the vault from Orbit. It may not be an addition you wanted personally, but it was a specifically requested one. Something people actually wanted, and not a Band-Aid. There are a number of use cases that have nothing to do with in-game inventory management that this is outstanding for. I just made a bunch of decisions about dupes, cleaned up vault space and totally redid my loadouts on all three characters, from the office. Now they'll be waiting for me when I get home and I'll be able to spend the time I'd have spent on that stuff, doing fun stuff.

Also, and I can't stress this enough, but using the app/site actually does one better than accessing your vault from Orbit would in the first place. With the app you can take an item from one character, put it in the vault, and retrieve it on the character you're currently using, literally in the middle of a firefight. Even being able to access your Vault in-game, at any time, from any screen, wouldn't provide this functionality because you only have access to the inventory of the character you're logged in on.

No... please don't spread this misinformation. What I consider to be the absolute best use of it in the game is still perfectly functional- you can shoot the Swordbearer, and Ogres, through the rocks and accouterments of Crota's arena.

Well, to shoot through targets. if you shoot a guy and there's a guy behind him it hits both. Also please be aware the shooting through walls has been limited, not eliminated.

Ah, ok. Good to hear you can still shoot through some obstructions. It is a very useful perk for Crota fight. I hope they don't patch that out.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What's this new update?

I'm not a fan of this app vault management. Not the solution I want. Band aid is what it is.

This better not be their solution or for the new social space to have a second vault.
I'm hoping that they're still working on more vault space and that they roll it out now rather than try to use it as an incentive to buy the next DLC.

Either that, or just give it to people who already own the season pass if that's what they're waiting for.

access to and from the vault from the web app/mobile app has been a highly requested feature, right alongside access to the vault from Orbit. It may not be an addition you wanted personally, but it was a specifically requested one. Something people actually wanted, and not a Band-Aid. There are a number of use cases that have nothing to do with in-game inventory management that this is outstanding for. I just made a bunch of decisions about dupes, cleaned up vault space and totally redid my loadouts on all three characters, from the office. Now they'll be waiting for me when I get home and I'll be able to spend the time I'd have spent on that stuff, doing fun stuff.

Also, and I can't stress this enough, but using the app/site actually does one better than accessing your vault from Orbit would in the first place. With the app you can take an item from one character, put it in the vault, and retrieve it on the character you're currently using, literally in the middle of a firefight. Even being able to access your Vault in-game, at any time, from any screen, wouldn't provide this functionality because you only have access to the character you're logged in on.

That's great for you. Not for me. I'm unimpressed and have been for months. Especially as a PvE exclusive player.

Pretty much what Hawkian said. It's really awesome. I'm about saving time and this does that. A ps4 controller can't do these things nearly as fast.

That's great for you. Not for me. I'm unimpressed and have been for months. Especially as a PvE exclusive player.

Are you intentionally being obtuse? I get that it isn't what you wanted but the app gives features beyond what could be done in game. At least an in game Vault Management system from the UI would not likely have the ability to transfer items from a different character to the one you are currently using mid mission. The app makes this possible.

I think this is incredibly useful.

LTWood12

No one laughed at my soul patrol joke :(

Question, when moving something over to your character while playing, does a message show up at the bottom left of the screen like it does for loot drops, dismantling things, etc.?

Could be fun for making a dramatic entrance...

LTWood12 joined the party.
LTWood12 got Hawkmoon
LTWood12 got Gjallarhorn
LTWood12 got Thunderlord

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, ideally you could just do all that stuff in orbit and don't need to run to a phone or a computer.

But let's be real, since they have basically made it so that you can access any weapon at any time, why even have limited inventory space in the first place?

Are you intentionally being obtuse? I get that it isn't what you wanted but the app gives features beyond what could be done in game. At least an in game Vault Management system from the UI would not likely have the ability to transfer items from a different character to the one you are currently using mid mission. The app makes this possible.

I think this is incredibly useful.

Ugh. No.

I don't settle and am tought to impress. Sorry. I have high expectations and this usually happens when I express those feelings.

Equipped items are stuck in that character unless you do it in game? Appears so

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Ditto the last patch.

Gotta disagree here. There are many of us who wanted this very exact thing. It sounds like you want them to just do away with the vault system altogether and just give all three characters a giant shared pool of inventory space that is accessible at any time, any where. That's not going to happen. What's funny is that so many people (like myself) wanted them to make our vault accessible on our ship, rather than needing to go down to the tower, and what they ultimately gave us is an even better solution!

At the same time, can't disagree with the fact that we have basically no new content at all since TBD. That's inexcusable, but that's a completely different topic :)

Mindlog

My old #1 was shooting Ogres through cover.
My new old #1 was shooting players through everything.

I use Black Hammer on Crota most of the time now so I don't know how AP behavior has been changed there yet. AP works fine for Valus cheese, but it's very inconsistent in PvP. That's my primary complaint. We don't have anything conclusive to go on. Hopefully the designers will answer some questions on this topic tomorrow. I can live with the change I just wish I knew exactly what was supposed to happen. Maybe I'm missing all my shots due to lag. I need to know.

One possibility is that AP no longer shoots through grates. It would explain the behavior on Twilight Gap and in the Deathsinger encounter. A fix for one thing may have unintentionally (or intentionally) mucked up other areas.

RetroMG

I'm hoping that they're still working on more vault space and that they roll it out now rather than try to use it as an incentive to buy the next DLC.

Well, there's this in the update:

"While Vaults just got easier to use, we know that there’s still a lot of chatter out there about how your Vaults can still grow and improve in the future. We hear you, and we’ll talk soon about other ways in which we can continue to update and improve the Destiny experience."

Now that could be Bungie for "Ha ha, take it and like it," but the optimist in me reads it as more vault space is coming... eventually.

Then again, let's talk about how long it took for Heavy Ammo to get (kind of) fixed.

No one laughed at my soul patrol joke :(

Hahaha I actually did irl! I was busy trying to persuade Cosmos how awesome the app vault management is. It's better than anything anyone can come up with in game due to controller limitations.

Edit: I've watched everyone season of AI so it definitely pulled a LOL

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i admit I have no idea how to counter the notion of you being unimpressed. it's completely your prerogative. I was saying this wasn't a half-assed solution that no one asked for. it was a feature specifically and frequently requested by the community, and actually beats access to the vault from Orbit in terms of functionality.

Maybe a good angle to pursue from here would be, what is the solution you, yourself, want to the problem that this new feature solves?

How did the Swordbreaker fair against the Deathsinger Knights? Can you clear the trash before going in?
I'm gonna go with gloriously. Sword knights, you stay just out of their sword-ing range and wait for them to go for a swipe, then shoot them in the face. Boomers, you can close the distance immediately and after the first shot they'll almost always immediately put their shield up. Then you stroll to the side, and indeed, shoot them in the face.

Gotta disagree here. There are many of us who wanted this very exact thing. It sounds like you want them to just do away with the vault system altogether and just give all three characters a giant shared pool of inventory space that is accessible at any time, any where. That's not going to happen. What's funny is that so many people (like myself) wanted them to make our vault accessible on our ship, rather than needing to go down to the tower, and what they ultimately gave us is an even better solution!

At the same time, can't disagree with the fact that we have basically no new content at all since TBD. That's inexcusable, but that's a completely different topic :)

It's also better because each character has their own ship so it wouldn't make sense :)

Ugh. No.

I don't settle and am tought to impress. Sorry. I have high expectations and this usually happens when I express those feelings.

Equipped items are stuck in that character unless you do it in game? Appears so

It takes an extra step but you can equip the offline character with a different item first, then transfer the desired item to Vault. Only takes a few extra seconds.

Namikaze1

Obviously.
NotFair.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I'm sort of indifferent, because it doesn't solve my problem since my vault is full of exotics and unique weapons/Crota weapons. I should be able to keep one of each exotic and raid weapon at least, or what's the point of doing any of this loot stuff in the first place?

What this reminds me of is the momentary "euphoria" people had when they introduced marks for materials, which was a great quality of life patch. But people were only excited about it because they've been deprived for so long that there doesn't seem to be an acknowledgement of some of the bigger problems. Of course Deej has constantly said that they are aware of the vault space request, but I hope that this isn't their solution to that intrinsic problem with the game.

RetroMG

Question, when moving something over to your character while playing, does a message show up at the bottom left of the screen like it does for loot drops, dismantling things, etc.?

I don't think so. I just tried it, and while I got the sparkly icon on the right side of the screen when I pulled my Hawkmoon from the vault, there was no chat message.

Then again, would I see it? Might have to test again later with someone else in the party.

Deku Tree

I always have an iPhone or iPad next to me when getting my Destiny on... This vault swapping is fantastic via web or app. I'm still happy to have three 331 IB and I'm still planning to finish maxing out my second Horn.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, there's this in the update:

"While Vaults just got easier to use, we know that there’s still a lot of chatter out there about how your Vaults can still grow and improve in the future. We hear you, and we’ll talk soon about other ways in which we can continue to update and improve the Destiny experience."

Now that could be Bungie for "Ha ha, take it and like it," but the optimist in me reads it as more vault space is coming... eventually.

Then again, let's talk about how long it took for Heavy Ammo to get (kind of) fixed.
You know, at this point I wouldn't mind if they just hacked together a system. Like, say, each account gets 3 attempts at each raid drop/weekly event, but you can create as many characters as you want to use as mules. Then you use the app to move your crap around the mules and your primary characters, but you can't exploit the system to keep doing raids over and over again.

But I'm sure their saving the vault for some dry spell. It makes too much sense in a game where patch notes are the only significant updates to come between expansions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom