• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm sort of indifferent, because it doesn't solve my problem since my vault is full of exotics and unique weapons/Crota weapons. I should be able to keep one of each exotic and raid weapon at least, or what's the point of doing any of this loot stuff in the first place?

What this reminds me of is the momentary "euphoria" people had when they introduced marks for materials, which was a great quality of life patch. But people were only excited about it because they've been deprived for so long that there doesn't seem to be an acknowledgement of some of the bigger problems. Of course Deej has constantly said that they are aware of the vault space request, but I hope that this isn't their solution to that intrinsic problem with the game.

Now this I agree with. Bungie has a dumb design decision, we are complain, then Bungie throws us a common sense bone, and we rejoice and sing their praises. I was operating under the assumption that this change wasn't meant to address vault space, since it doesn't really give us any additional space at all. It just makes it less necessary to need duplicates (though we never NEEDED dupes).

Deku Tree

I'm gonna start using VoC again for HM Atheon.
It used to be just collecting dust in my vault. I never had the patience to swap it out.
Although I am usually the guy grabbing the relic anyway.

Phoenix

How do relative newbies (i.e level 7) get involved with other GAFers? All you guys seem to be level 30 according to the posts :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What this reminds me of is the momentary "euphoria" people had when they introduced marks for materials, which was a great quality of life patch. But people were only excited about it because they've been deprived for so long that there doesn't seem to be an acknowledgement of some of the bigger problems. Of course Deej has constantly said that they are aware of the vault space request, but I hope that this isn't their solution to that intrinsic problem with the game.
Hahaha oh don't worry yourself. we'll be back to bitch incessantly in short order. probably there will be a tweet with some apocalyptic news tomorrow, or xur brings dragon's breath and voidfang.
My old #1 was shooting Ogres through cover.
My new old #1 was shooting players through everything.

I use Black Hammer on Crota most of the time now so I don't know how AP behavior has been changed there yet. AP works fine for Valus cheese, but it's very inconsistent in PvP. That's my primary complaint. We don't have anything conclusive to go on. Hopefully the designers will answer some questions on this topic tomorrow. I can live with the change I just wish I knew exactly what was supposed to happen. Maybe I'm missing all my shots due to lag. I need to know.

One possibility is that AP no longer shoots through grates. It would explain the behavior on Twilight Gap and in the Deathsinger encounter. A fix for one thing may have unintentionally (or intentionally) mucked up other areas.
I'm gonna go out on a limb, and I know this might cut you deep, but I don't think the "shoot people through infinite surfaces in PvP" aspect of the perk was ever intended :(
Sorry it is unintuitive to me because I am being forced to use an interface I've never used before.
I don't want to belabor this point too much, because I'm much more interested in what you'd prefer. But.. this particular point is exactly the same when doing this in-game. You can't deposit equipped items into the vault.

I really am interested in what your ideal in-game solution to the problem we're talking about would be, if you have the desire to talk about it.

Like he said, you're not forced to use it.

For a heavily requested feature yes you are.

It is the ONlY way to do it. A secondary app.

Ubisoft did it for damn chests and got shat on and then removed the requirement. It's not a popular thing.

It is the same here. Except it is because Bungie is unimpressive at supporting a game like this and not greed. Band aid while we wait for something in game and better.

Frostburn

Sometimes people roll alts so they can join you in low level stuff if you make a post but the game basically starts at 27-30.

Anyone farming GK? I need some Glimmer! Also I could use 1 more HM Atheon kill on my Titan.

Hahaha oh don't worry yourself. we'll be back to bitch incessantly in short order. probably there will be a tweet with some apocalyptic news tomorrow, or xur brings dragon's breath and voidfang.

I'm gonna go out on a limb, and I know this might cut you deep, but I don't think the "shoot people through infinite surfaces in PvP" aspect of the perk was ever intended :(

I don't want to belabor this point too much, because I'm much more interested in what you'd prefer. But.. this particular point is exactly the same when doing this in-game. You can't deposit equipped items into the vault.

I really am interested in what your ideal in-game solution to the problem we're talking about would be, if you have the desire to talk about it.

I'm just posting as I try to use it for the first time. We can talk about that at another time. I'll stop posting for now since my opinion is against the tide.

RetroMG

How do relative newbies (i.e level 7) get involved with other GAFers? All you guys seem to be level 30 according to the posts :)

This is a good question, and one that deserves to be addressed. I don't have any under 30 characters, but I'm happy to help out if I'm not doing something else. I'm RetroMG if you are on PSN. I'm usually around during the day.

Would it be feasible to set up some kind of "under 30 club" to help out new D-Gaffers?

Sullichin

Play with people who are on their alt characters or just doing Crucible and then when you're high level, do the endgame content

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Now this I agree with. Bungie has a dumb design decision, we are complain, then Bungie throws us a common sense bone, and we rejoice and sing their praises. I was operating under the assumption that this change wasn't meant to address vault space, since it doesn't really give us any additional space at all. It just makes it less necessary to need duplicates (though we never NEEDED dupes).
The sad thing is, the only reason I have duplicate Icebreaker, Fatebringer, and VoCs is so that I can free up space in the vault. I use duplicates not because I'm too lazy to switch and go to the tower, I use duplicates so that I can have more vault space.

Think about it though, if you literally have one of each exotic and one of each VoG and CE weapon, you can not fit all of your weapons in your vault. I think it's reasonable to expect that most people aim to have one of each, at the very least, and they aren't even accounting for that?

Deku Tree

Level up to 20. Buy some vanguard or crucible legendary gear in the tower. Possibly pick up an exotic helm from Xur if you can. Grind your guardian to level 28-31 and then start doing the weekly loot activities with the rest of us.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
watfqkgs.gif

Why would you use an Atheon's during HM Crota??

commish

Well, first off, be sure to add as many of us to your friends list as possible.

Second, unfortunately, you need to level up more before you can do most of the stuff with us - weeklies, nightfall, VoG, Crota, daily missions, etc.

Third, fortunately, you can PvP with us, as it is all equalized. It's not truly equal, as you won't have all of your perks unlocked, but it's equal enough that a level 7 could easily lead the team in kills.

I'm just posting as I try to use it for the first time. We can talk about that at another time. I'll stop posting for now since my opinion is against the tide.

Nothing wrong with a dissenting opinion, we are all just curious on more details of why you don't like it since that doesn't make sense to us. Really liking the update, 2nd screen and all.

commish

Yeah I am a bit curious as to what alternative solution would be ideal.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The sad thing is, the only reason I have duplicate Icebreaker, Fatebringer, and VoCs is so that I can free up space in the vault. I use duplicates not because I'm too lazy to switch and go to the tower, I use duplicates so that I can have more vault space.

Think about it though, if you literally have one of each exotic and one of each VoG and CE weapon, you can not fit all of your weapons in your vault. I think it's reasonable to expect that most people aim to have one of each, at the very least, and they aren't even accounting for that?
Wait- one of each of those weapons, just sitting in the the vault? Why wouldn't any of them be on your characters?

I agree with the implied point of those above however, I don't feel that this feature addition is at all aimed at "freeing up vault space"; it's a solution to the inconvenience of transferring items between characters.

Rehsa

Man so much from yesterday to catch up on since I didn't even log in. Fuck yes to vault management on the app, and I can choose quantity?! I always wondered why I couldn't just fucking put half a stack of heavy in the vault for my alt instead of transferring the whole stack. Looks like I will be running the Nightfalls and Weeklys with Oversoul and Swordbreaker lol, tonight should be fun times!

hydruxo

Gotta disagree here. There are many of us who wanted this very exact thing. It sounds like you want them to just do away with the vault system altogether and just give all three characters a giant shared pool of inventory space that is accessible at any time, any where. That's not going to happen. What's funny is that so many people (like myself) wanted them to make our vault accessible on our ship, rather than needing to go down to the tower, and what they ultimately gave us is an even better solution!

At the same time, can't disagree with the fact that we have basically no new content at all since TBD. That's inexcusable, but that's a completely different topic :)

I'm kind of in the middle on it. I love this update and think that's it's really a step in the right direction but, I don't think that a singular shared vault system that can be accessed at any time on any character is impossible or out of the question. It's good to see that Bungie is trying new things with the vault though, and it definitely bodes well for Comet & Destiny 2.

Solution #1

Inventory screen has a Gear tab that has all 3 characters and the vault in one tab and interchangeable by going left and right using the analogue stick and then X/A to enter a UI to transfer items just like with this.

Multiple pages that can be cycled up and down with the analog stick for vault pages for armour, weapons etc

Wait- one of each of those weapons, just sitting in the the vault? Why wouldn't any of them be on your characters?

I agree with the implied point of those above however, I don't feel that this feature addition is at all aimed at "freeing up vault space"; it's a solution to the inconvenience of transferring items between characters.

Yup, the additional utility of using your toons for additional storage was just a derivative bonus of the primary feature of Vault Management.

I expect a page solution like the Friends list.

Nothing wrong with a dissenting opinion, we are all just curious on more details of why you don't like it since that doesn't make sense to us. Really liking the update, 2nd screen and all.

Even though I love this for what I can do while at work, I'll play a bit of devils advocate on this one.

By the time I get home, my phone is dead, the computer is in the other room, and my wife is using the tablet to watch movies while I'm playing Destiny. Now I won't have access to this system, and it's possible that my teammates will have less patience for me wasting time with a tower run, expecting me to use this second screen option.

It's a great option, but there should be an in game alternative to this gear switching system that doesn't require multiple trips to a Tower that can take forever to sync due to it being an instance with up to 16 players.

Solution #1

Inventory screen has a Gear tab that has all 3 characters and the vault in one tab and interchangeable by going left and right using the analogue stick and then X/A to enter a UI to transfer items just like with this.

Multiple pages that can be cycled up and down with the analog stick for vault pages for armour, weapons etc
this is ideal

along with a page for shaders and inventory items

but ill take this for now.. especially since i wasn't expecting it at all

Lnkn52

I think it's a good time to bring back the Mythocast and talk about the latest changes and leaks. And please make sure to have Hawkian and Cosmo part of the discussion.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm kind of in the middle on it. I love this update and think that's it's really a step in the right direction but, I don't think that one singular shared vault system that can be accessed at any time on any character is impossible. It's good to see that Bungie is trying new things with the vault though, and it definitely bodes well for Comet & Destiny 2.
There's no way it's impossible- aspects would be a coding challenge for sure, but the vault is already shared, it's just confined to one in-game access point. So, in theory, just adding an extra screen to the menu that showed your vault, with the additional requisite UI work to be able to deposit to it from within your menu ("hold Triangle for Deposit over an unequipped item in your inventory").

But stick with me here... because even this, what I see as sort of the "ultimate convenience version" of the current Vault- well beyond the access from Orbit that had been requested- that still wouldn't enable you to transfer items from your other characters to the one you were currently playing from the same interface.

Lnkn52

Even though I love this for what I can do while at work, I'll play a bit of devils advocate on this one.

By the time I get home, my phone is dead, the computer is in the other room, and my wife is using the tablet to watch movies while I'm playing Destiny. Now I won't have access to this system, and it's possible that my teammates will have less patience for me wasting time with a tower run, expecting me to use this second screen option.

It's a great option, but there should be an in game alternative to this gear switching system that doesn't require multiple trips to a Tower that can take forever to sync due to it being an instance with up to 16 players.
Have you tried accessing Bungie.net via the ps4 browser?

Solution #1

That would be a great solution. Would be a lot of work to develop something like that. Probably not likely we get something that feature rich. At this point, I think the best we get is a Vault tab in the UI to transfer stuff with your active character.

I really like the Destiny companion app and will be using it a lot in the future. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned the Destiny Timers iOS app that constantly updates with all the upcoming Special Events with a location and approximate time. This is incredibly useful. I love all these second screen apps.

Cheers

t0rment

hey guys, i'm level 16 and just unlocked the vanguard playlist, but there's a option that's white but it doesn't do anything if i hover on it, i'm assuming it's a dlc thing, since there's a I above, but what's it for? it's a daily mission or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom